Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-01-2007, 12:40 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Thank you!!! :)
Still though, saying money doesn't talk in the college coaching ranks is asanine. Why the hell do you think Billy D is looking at UK? It could be it's prestige, but my money is on the big bank he'd get if he went there to coach.

Lon Kruger is another example. Jumped to the Atlanta Hawks from Illinois because they offered him a butt load of cash.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Last edited by sweetness34 : 04-01-2007 at 01:08 PM.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 01:05 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a bad year in sports. First I have to watch the Bears and Colts in the superbowl and now OSU vs. Florida. I am going to be pissed with whoever wins just like the superbowl. Whats next, are the Yankees going to play the freaking Mets in the World series?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 02:59 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
What a bad year in sports. First I have to watch the Bears and Colts in the superbowl and now OSU vs. Florida. I am going to be pissed with whoever wins just like the superbowl. Whats next, are the Yankees going to play the freaking Mets in the World series?
If the Yankees play the Mets I won't be watching any October baseball

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 03:08 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually like this NC. Well, obviously being a Buckeye fan, I'd like to see them take down Florida. If I could have had anything though it would've been Kansas vs. Ohio State, but oh well.

For baseball... I don't care if the Yankees make it, but I really don't want the Mets to. For some reason I just don't care for them. I'd like to see the Yankees make it just so that A-Rod can be given the chance to shine. Yankees vs. Giants would be pretty cool.
Old 04-01-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
I actually like this NC. Well, obviously being a Buckeye fan, I'd like to see them take down Florida. If I could have had anything though it would've been Kansas vs. Ohio State, but oh well.

For baseball... I don't care if the Yankees make it, but I really don't want the Mets to. For some reason I just don't care for them. I'd like to see the Yankees make it just so that A-Rod can be given the chance to shine. Yankees vs. Giants would be pretty cool.
Yankees vs Cubs would probably be the most historic matchup. And the ratings would be off the charts.

Stay tuned on that one. The Cubbies have a murderers row lineup and if they can get one ioda of consistent pitching they're going to be very dangerous IMO.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 03:18 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post

Oh man, the Giants are worse than the Mets. I hate Barry Bonds and any team that he plays for.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 04-01-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Oh man, the Giants are worse than the Mets. I hate Barry Bonds and any team that he plays for.
You don't like "juice"?

Old 04-01-2007, 03:55 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Haha as much as I'd like to argue with you on this, there's no way I can. Noah shouldn't even be taken in the first round.

No post game, terrible footwork, no outside jumper, terrible free throws, extremely unpolished....He's a high energy guy who can rebound and play defense. That's about it.
Ala poor man's Anderson Varejao.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:00 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Florida is gonna win it all. God damn, I hope Noah passes out during the celebration. I don't want him to die cuz I am not a ******* dick, but I wish pain upon him.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:01 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Florida is gonna win it all. God damn, I hope Noah passes out during the celebration. I don't want him to die cuz I am not a ******* dick, but I wish pain upon him.
pain inflict yoda can! :)

Old 04-01-2007, 05:50 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Hopefully he snaps his neck after he falls doing that stupid dance agian.

they get smoked.

Old 04-01-2007, 05:53 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Breakdown of the National Championship:

PG- OSU Conley obviously takes it over Taurean Green. He's just a flat-out better player everywhere but the free-throw line.

SG- OSU Both Butler and Humphrey can knock down the 3 with consistency, but other than spotting up they're nonexistent on offense. Butler's superior defense decides the matchup.

SF- UF Despite Ron Lewis big play and clutch ability, Corey Brewer is better all-around with defense once again being the deciding factor.

PF- UF Harris is pretty much a spot-up guy for the Buckeyes and isn't a true PF. He won't be able to stop Horford. Easy decision.

C- OSU Greg Oden will dominate Noah. How many blocks did Noah have in last years championship? 6? Oden will beat it.

Bench- OSU Cook is due for a half-decent game and Lighty can come in and play shut down defense while Hunter is another blocking threat on Defense.

Coach- EVEN Donovan could be a distraction because for the Gators and Matta has established himself as a great coach at 3 schools, but you can't give it to him because of the championship score being 1-0.

Buckeyes have a decisive advantage at 4-2 and they will take down the title. Arguments appreciated.
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 06:02 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyHall#1 View Post

PG- OSU Conley obviously takes it over Taurean Green. He's just a flat-out better player everywhere but the free-throw line.

SG- OSU Both Butler and Humphrey can knock down the 3 with consistency, but other than spotting up they're nonexistent on offense. Butler's superior defense decides the matchup.

SF- UF Despite Ron Lewis big play and clutch ability, Corey Brewer is better all-around with defense once again being the deciding factor.

PF- UF Harris is pretty much a spot-up guy for the Buckeyes and isn't a true PF. He won't be able to stop Horford. Easy decision.

C- OSU Greg Oden will dominate Noah. How many blocks did Noah have in last years championship? 6? Oden will beat it.

Bench- OSU Cook is due for a half-decent game and Lighty can come in and play shut down defense while Hunter is another blocking threat on Defense.

Coach- EVEN Donovan could be a distraction because for the Gators and Matta has established himself as a great coach at 3 schools, but you can't give it to him because of the championship score being 1-0.

Buckeyes have a decisive advantage at 4-2 and they will take down the title. Arguments appreciated.
How can you call the coaching even? Billy Donavan has been to the Title game 3 times since the turn of the century

Old 04-01-2007, 06:08 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Matta will be better than Donovan when it's all said and done but alrite, right now ill give it to Donovan. Still, it's 4 to 3
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:11 AM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

I'm surprised not many people have mentioned that this is the first time in history that the same schools played for the national championship in both football and basketball the same academic year. (Like some of us predicted that would happen).
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:24 AM    (permalink
jets future
Pro Bowler

jets future smells like sex panther.

i m so mad that george town lost.
i hate the teams in the national championship game, but i ll watch before it becomes a blow out.it prob wont though. but i have a feeling that florida inside game is going to be to much for oden to handel. but there are other ppl who are really good and they have to step up like connely, and lewis. but doent every one remeber in the national football game. every one kept saying osu is going to win in a blow out. well now ppl say florida is going to win in blow out. you osu fans might have a chance.

if it gets really borring i guess i ll watch the finale of i love new york today. even though i never watched a whole episode( but i watched like parts of the episodes). all of my friends all ways talk about it.
jets future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:27 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That would be so gangster of you.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:30 AM    (permalink
jets future
Pro Bowler

jets future smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
That would be so gangster of you.
yea son. nottin to gangsta for me.

straight out of the burbs
thug life.

lol
jets future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:50 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Ohio State will win this game by a minimun of 5 points.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 01:27 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

NYmoney needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
Ohio State will win this game by a minimun of 5 points.
Noted. and I will let you know how wrong you are all night long.
NYmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 01:30 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyHall#1 View Post

Donovan is a better coach than Matta. Donovan has proven himself in the big game, and Matta has not coached in as many big game situations this year. OSU will fall.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:31 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

The same result will happen the last time these two teams hooked up for a national championship.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Yankees vs Cubs would probably be the most historic matchup. And the ratings would be off the charts.

Stay tuned on that one. The Cubbies have a murderers row lineup and if they can get one ioda of consistent pitching they're going to be very dangerous IMO.
Absolutely absurd. how do they have a murderous lineup?
Alfonso Soriano CF
Matt Murton LF
Derrek Lee 1B
Aramis Ramirez 3B
Jacque Jones RF
Michael Barrett C
Mark DeRosa 2B
Cesar Izturis SS
Carlos Zambrano P

Who fears Matt Murton? Who fears Jacque "hole in my swing" Jones? Who fears Mark DeRosa? That lineup is far from murderous.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:36 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYmoney View Post
Noted. and I will let you know how wrong you are all night long.
Im taking them Money line, straight up, taking the under, teasing and reversing both sides.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYmoney View Post
Absolutely absurd. how do they have a murderous lineup?
Alfonso Soriano CF
Matt Murton LF
Derrek Lee 1B
Aramis Ramirez 3B
Jacque Jones RF
Michael Barrett C
Mark DeRosa 2B
Cesar Izturis SS
Carlos Zambrano P

Who fears Matt Murton? Who fears Jacque "hole in my swing" Jones? Who fears Mark DeRosa? That lineup is far from murderous.
Thats not a well rounded lineup and the pitching staff is average at best.