Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-03-2007, 12:37 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icantackleclaret View Post
You cant blame 1 player. Lewis had Brewer on him most of the night. Also he and Conley Jr. carried us to this point so I cant put it all on him.
I wasn't actually. I said if we were to blame it on someone, it'd be him. And in any case, Brewer was on just about everybody, but others seemed to be able to do something. Lewis just looked starstruck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontainya View Post
exactly, how can anyone honestly compare him to Billups? Billups is one of the most physical PG's in the NBA.
Conley's a lot more physical than he's being given credit for, or Billups is being given too much. Ford is infinitely faster than Conley. Lawson is a way better comparison to Ford. Conley, actually, isn't like any one PG. He does things only Nash does from a creation standpoint, plays defense like Billups, doesn't have the outside game like Parker, and slashes like Nash (not Parker or Ford) as well. Hopefully he goes back to school though.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:40 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
No worries once hes dont gettin drunk and bangin his wife he will make time for a press conference to announce his Kentucky arrival.
LOL man I sure hope so, I'm going crazy here.

They asked him at the press conference again about the job and he said:

"I just got off the court, I'm gonna enjoy the moment right now. All that stuff will be addressed, but now is not the time. It was a good try though"

That and his players looked a little bothered at the press conference. Taurean Green even said "I know we look a little sad right now..".

I'm hoping that means he told the team he was leaving in the locker room.

EDIT: On the UK board I frequent there are over 10,000 people online at what is 1 am for most of us.

Last edited by PalmerToCJ : 04-03-2007 at 12:54 AM.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 12:56 AM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
LOL man I sure hope so, I'm going crazy here.

They asked him at the press conference again about the job and he said:

"I just got off the court, I'm gonna enjoy the moment right now. All that stuff will be addressed, but now is not the time. It was a good try though"

That and his players looked a little bothered at the press conference. Taurean Green even said "I know we look a little sad right now..".

I'm hoping that means he told the team he was leaving in the locker room.

EDIT: On the UK board I frequent there are over 10,000 people online at what is 1 am for most of us.
Think you could PM me the name of the site?
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 01:07 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Donovan was asked about his legacy and place in history with what he has accomplished at Florida. He then talked about the program was the most important thing, and not the individual. Talked about how many coaches probably deserve more attention and credit than he does. Said he never really worried about his legacy, and just hopes that he works as hard as he can to do the best that he can, and do it in a way that he could walk away from things . . . or enjoy things. Followed that with this statement:"For me personally, what gives me peace is when I can walk away from something with no regrets."

Friday would be a good day for Billy D to be announced :D
Old 04-03-2007, 01:15 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chomp, chomp, chomp.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 08:09 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It'll be interesting to see how the Billy Donovan thing goes forward. Can they get something done in the next few days? I've got a hard time thinking that Donovan's going to bolt to Kentucky before the celebration ... but I could see him postponing the family trip a bit if he finds something he likes. I still think there's a good chance the he ends up considering the pros ... but only time will tell. If the Heat came calling, I think Donovan would go pro in an instant (stay in Florida, have a stud talent like Wade). But that seems to be a big if.

Was reading this article on the fallback plans

http://www.kentucky.com/454/story/32898.html

None of which was really surprising to me, outside of the Izzo comment. That got me to thinking ... I associate Izzo with Michigan State now, but if I was taking an objective view of the situation

a) Izzo's stock, relatively speaking, is at a low. That's a testament to what he's done in the past.

b) Izzo has always been known as an ambitious individual.

c) Izzo hasn't really hit a recruiting home run in awhile, with the last guy 5 star, I think, being Gray. Even in recent years, a lot of his talent hasn't really developed. He's supposedly on the outside looking in for that 2008 point guard from Flint everywhere I check, with the kid supposedly preferring OSU.

I still can't see Izzo bolting in all honesty, but I guess it's a stronger probablility if I stop associating Izzo with MSU.
__________________________________________________ ___________

Other hires comments:

Dana Altman and Arkansas - I love this hire for them. He'll bring good structure to a team that, at times under Heath, lacked structure. Heath, IMO, did okay. It's tough to follow Nolan Richardson. That said, this isn't a Heath type signing. Altman's got a proven track record in the mid-majors with Creighton. I think he'll do real well.

Todd Lickliter and Iowa - I like Lickliter, and I loved how heady Butler played. I'm not sure why, but I don't think I love this signing. I would've liked to see them go for someone that offered a stronger change in style of play, because even though Alford and Lickliter have differences, it's a bit similar. Who knows, though. It could be work out real well.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 08:23 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Btw, I know I'll be in the minority on this, but I think Matta would've been better off trying to involve the rest of the team early on much more. As much as I dogged on Ohio State at times during the tourny, this was a team that had the ability to match up with Florida if their perimeter guys were in the game. Their perimeter guys just never got in the game.

I think Oden's ready for the pros, from the perspective that there aren't many 7-footers with his athletic ability in the NFL. But man ... he's going up against

a) Noah - got a good, what, 40 pounds on him
b) Horford/Richard - got a good height/reach advantage.

I'm just not sold that he'd be able to dominate anytime soon in the pros with more guys his size, better athletes running him up and down, but eh, time will tell. And he certainly can keep developing, as that potential is there.

Personally, I think Oden and Conley Jr. are both gone. I'm not sure about the Ed Cota comparisons, personally. Conley Jr's got a bit better offensive game and is a bit more tenacious of a defender, IMO. Actually, the guy he reminds me of a bit is Tony Parker, assuming Conley Jr. keeps developing.

Read a Cbs article about Florida vs. Duke (Mike Freeman I think). So this Florida repeat or the Duke squads of the repeat years? Certainly just a debate, as it's hard to quantify. But for all the posts I've seen about how Florida would take those Duke squads (elsewhere), I think people forget

a) how good of a collegiate point guard Bobby Hurley was
b) how talented a young (and healthy) Grant Hill was
c) how solid a big man Christian Laettner was for the collegiate game.
d) how solid the role player options they had were, with guys like Thomas Hill, Brian Davis, and Antonio Lang

I think the 1991/1992 version would've been a great matchup with the Florida squads, whereas, I think 1990/1991 would've been at a disadvantage. As insignificant as they are in the lore of college basketball, 1991/1992 had usable collegiate big men in Cherokee Parks and Erik Meeks, (yes, neither is great, but they are usable size, relative to how, say, a Chris Richard was a usable big man). All in all, an interesting debate, and not saying one way or another, but was checking other sites and seeing a lot of people saying this Florida team was better, and I tend to think that's a recent memory syndrome.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:27 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So people know there was two coaching hires yesturday:

Dana Altman to Arkanasas and Todd Lickliter to Iowa.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:56 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

"Personally, I think Oden and Conley Jr. are both gone."

Conley allready had a gathering where he announced he was staying about 2 weeks ago. His dad then announced he plans to become a sports agent this year for when Mike and Greg go pro, but he said that Mike isnt ready yet and will return.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 01:17 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan View Post

Dana Altman: Solid hire. Great coach but this is quite a jump for him. Going from a fan base of about 6,000 on a daily basis to about 18,000. Idk, I like the guy a lot but I don't know if this is a good fit. Recruiting may become a problem for him at this level. We'll see though.

Todd Lickliter: Did some great things with Butler but I was expecting someone else for Iowa; a Lon Kruger or Rick Majerus. That program needs a total makeover and I'm not sure that Lickliter is that guy. He's a very good X's and O's guy, but like toony said, he isn't that much different than Alford in their playing styles. We'll see though.

If Billy D leaves for UK or the Miami Heat, I think you'll hear Cal's name pop up again and I don't know if he can pass this opportunity up. It's a step up from Memphis and it's prestige has increased greatly the past 2 years with their two National Titles. Memphis is a good program, but it's not in a good conference, it doesn't get much exposure, and it's not on the same level as Florida is. I realize he's got a ton of talent coming back next year but I can't see him passing this job up, especially if the money is right (but first Billy D has to leave and Cal has to be offered the job).

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 01:23 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Ok... Just heard the dumbest rumor ever.

Supposedly UK contacted Phil Jackson (yes, THE Phil Jackson) about the job. He has said in the past the only college job he would take is UK but the person who started this one is feeding us total BS.

Funny to hear though...
Old 04-03-2007, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why doesn't UK go after Thad Matta if Donovan turns them down?

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:03 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I've been hearing some rumblings of Matta but not much. It would also be hard to get him to leave given his sweet recruiting class for next year.

Rick Barnes or Billy Gillespie are probably the front runners if Donovan rejects.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:05 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats to the Gators for reapeating but i hate the fact that Noah wins another National Championship

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:19 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

NYmoney needs more cowbell.

Quote:
I've been hearing some rumblings of Matta but not much. It would also be hard to get him to leave given his sweet recruiting class for next year.

Rick Barnes or Billy Gillespie are probably the front runners if Donovan rejects.
0% chance you get Matta
NYmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:27 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

What about Tim Floyd

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:31 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Billie Gillespie just got a fat extension from Texas A&M. The buyout alone would be crippling.

Matta signed an extension last year that makes him too pricey until 2009.

Rick Barnes is likely available, but why would Kentucky want him? He is a terrible in-game coach. Worse than Tubby for sure.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:36 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontainya View Post
"Personally, I think Oden and Conley Jr. are both gone."

Conley allready had a gathering where he announced he was staying about 2 weeks ago. His dad then announced he plans to become a sports agent this year for when Mike and Greg go pro, but he said that Mike isnt ready yet and will return.
Yeah, I remember something about that.

That said, eh, I take what kids say at this time of year with a grain of salt. If Mike Conley Jr. finds out that he's projected as a potential top 15 pick, I wonder how that changes things. With the lack of PG's, it wouldn't surprise me if he cracked the top 10 either, as much of a reach as that may be on potential more than polish.

That said, who knows. Maybe he is staying.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:39 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Dana Altman: Solid hire. Great coach but this is quite a jump for him. Going from a fan base of about 6,000 on a daily basis to about 18,000. Idk, I like the guy a lot but I don't know if this is a good fit. Recruiting may become a problem for him at this level. We'll see though.

Todd Lickliter: Did some great things with Butler but I was expecting someone else for Iowa; a Lon Kruger or Rick Majerus. That program needs a total makeover and I'm not sure that Lickliter is that guy. He's a very good X's and O's guy, but like toony said, he isn't that much different than Alford in their playing styles. We'll see though.

If Billy D leaves for UK or the Miami Heat, I think you'll hear Cal's name pop up again and I don't know if he can pass this opportunity up. It's a step up from Memphis and it's prestige has increased greatly the past 2 years with their two National Titles. Memphis is a good program, but it's not in a good conference, it doesn't get much exposure, and it's not on the same level as Florida is. I realize he's got a ton of talent coming back next year but I can't see him passing this job up, especially if the money is right (but first Billy D has to leave and Cal has to be offered the job).
I could see Cal bolting ... but then again

a) he isn't someone that's tied to Kentucky for any reason

b) Memphis is a potential national title contender

it is a thought. i know the kentucky rivals message board had some post showing how a flight from Lexington headed towards Memphis for a bit, or something like that.

To be honest, I've always wondered if Calipari would make a play for the NBA again. People tend to forget that he's not even 50 yet.

That said, if there's a school that can pry him away from a national title contender and increased leverage, it'd be Kentucky.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:39 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

Quote:
Ok... Just heard the dumbest rumor ever.

Supposedly UK contacted Phil Jackson (yes, THE Phil Jackson) about the job. He has said in the past the only college job he would take is UK but the person who started this one is feeding us total BS.

Funny to hear though...
Yeah, I saw that on the rivals board. A lot of crazy stuff by posters there with their "insider" knowledge. Most of it I don't believe. All the "I know a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy ... "
Old 04-03-2007, 02:41 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
Why doesn't UK go after Thad Matta if Donovan turns them down?
I could see them doing that ... but Matta's got a good class coming in next year, supposedly a great class in 2 years. Even if 2007-2008 is a "down" year if some guys leave, they'll be primed for title runs soon. He's proven he can recruit real well.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:41 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan View Post

John Beilein to Michigan is a done deal according to numerous reports in addition to those two hires.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard Beilein to Michigan on ESPN Radio already. Supposedly a 5-year deal. Good for him!

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 04-03-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
I could see them doing that ... but Matta's got a good class coming in next year, supposedly a great class in 2 years. Even if 2007-2008 is a "down" year if some guys leave, they'll be primed for title runs soon. He's proven he can recruit real well.
Matta is an Ohio guy. He has amazing inroads there. He started at Butler (I think), then went to Xavier as an assistant, took that team to the Elite 8 2 years after Prosser left for Wake Forest, then went to Ohio St. The thing about Kentucky is that it's right on the border of Ohio, so he could keep his connections there and bring them into a higher profile school. If any school (and I mean any school in the country) could get Matta right now, it's Kentucky.

Old 04-03-2007, 02:49 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
John Beilein to Michigan is a done deal according to numerous reports in addition to those two hires.
I like that move, for the simple reason that, they needed a solid coach, rather than a flashy name that might bring about unwarranted expectations. It's going to take time to rebuild that program, and I like the Beilein fit. He's moved up fast in the last decade or so.