Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-22-2006, 01:20 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow
Quote:
Duke is the most overrated piece of garbage this season. They have no business in the top 20 right now. I mean they've almost lost to Holy Cross and Kent State, AT HOME!
Who has Kansas lost to again?
DePaul and Oral Roberts. They have no business in the top 15 right now as well. Too inconsistent. Talent wise Kansas is easily top 10, but Duke hell no.

Duke is going down tonight. White Chocolate (Raivio) and Heitfeltd are going to tear them apart IMO.
Your a college basketball genious.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 01:21 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfreak123
Quote:
Duke Sucks.
I dont talk trash about your teams
You came into the Colts' thread laughing and making fun of the defense after the Colts-Jags game. Anyway, I'm not talking trash, just stating a fact.
Okay, 11-1 sucks. :roll: I admit it.......
QFT

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 12-22-2006, 04:37 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfreak123
Quote:
Duke Sucks.
I dont talk trash about your teams
You came into the Colts' thread laughing and making fun of the defense after the Colts-Jags game. Anyway, I'm not talking trash, just stating a fact.
Okay, 11-1 sucks. :roll: I admit it.......
QFT
You have yet to provide any reasoning as to why Duke has played like a top 20 team. You're the real basketball "genious" aren't you? :roll:
Old 12-22-2006, 04:39 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If it wasnt for the Rams yoda would be the definition of Fairweather.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:40 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang
If it wasnt for the Rams yoda would be the definition of Fairweather.

Jagsfreak is fairweather as well. Florida football and Duke basketball?
Old 12-22-2006, 04:40 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow
Quote:
Duke is the most overrated piece of garbage this season. They have no business in the top 20 right now. I mean they've almost lost to Holy Cross and Kent State, AT HOME!
Who has Kansas lost to again?
DePaul and Oral Roberts. They have no business in the top 15 right now as well. Too inconsistent. Talent wise Kansas is easily top 10, but Duke hell no.

Duke is going down tonight. White Chocolate (Raivio) and Heitfeltd are going to tear them apart IMO.
Your a college basketball genious.
Gonzaga's two best players did jack squat last night and Duke still almost lost, and you're quote on quote two "best players" played their best games you almost lost.

Btw, TT, would you mind giving me some analysis on why Duke is a top 20 team this season?

All I've heard from you beloved Duke fans is, "oh that's crap, we're top 20," or "you don't know what you're talking about," and even "shut up."

Well let's see somebody try and fight me on this one. It's great that you attack me and say I'm an idiot, but step up to the plate geniuses and prove me wrong, because none of you have to this point. And don't use last nights game as an example either. I want some cold hard info or opinions on why they are top 20, besides their friggin name. Because calling me a genius and telling me to shut up does nothing

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 04:46 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a Duke fan, but I'll tell you why Duke is a top 20 team this year:

Because they're Duke.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 04:47 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions

Because they're Duke.
Cosign.

I'm assuming you mean their name though.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:49 PM    (permalink

Is cosign the same thing as QFT pretty much?
Old 12-22-2006, 04:51 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Is cosign the same thing as QFT pretty much?
Eh. Cosign means, "yea that's what I was going to say."

QFT means you really believe or agree with what is said.

Kinda the same thing, but not entirely the same thing.

Quote:
Old 12-22-2006, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

DeVon Hardin out 8-12 weeks. :| :?
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 05:01 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:

Because they're Duke.
Cosign.

oooooo i dunno how about wins over gonazaga( a team who beat UNC) and georgetown?????? and their only loss was to a team that was ranked in the top 15 at the time.

so heres your challenge tell me why they should NOT be in the top 20?

they get smoked.

Old 12-22-2006, 05:02 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Because they're Duke.
Cosign.

oooooo i dunno how about wins over gonazaga and georgetown?????? and their only loss was to a team that was ranked in the top 15 at the time.

He already has made like 5 posts saying why.
Old 12-22-2006, 05:16 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Because they're Duke.
Cosign.

oooooo i dunno how about wins over gonazaga and georgetown?????? and their only loss was to a team that was ranked in the top 15 at the time.

He already has made like 5 posts saying why.
ya, and i'm saying i want him to explain why the shouldn't be based on my reasoning, not based off his opinions that come from his dislike of duke.

they get smoked.

Old 12-22-2006, 05:19 PM    (permalink

Your reasoning? All you did was say they beat two good teams and lost to one that was good at one point. You made zero points to counter what he had said.
Old 12-22-2006, 05:22 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Your reasoning? All you did was say they beat two good teams and lost to one that was good at one point. You made zero points to counter what he had said.
explain to me how that does not qualify them for being top 20?

they get smoked.

Old 12-22-2006, 05:26 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
They are way too inconsistent and inexperienced. Like Sweetness said, McRoberts and Paulus played great last night, while Gonzaga played like crap, and you barely won. They aren't a top 25 basketball team.
Old 12-22-2006, 05:30 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Because that's the only good game you've played all season.

A) You should have IMO lost to Indiana, which is just down right pitiful at home.

B) You got spanked by Marquette no a neutral court who is behind you in the rankings

C) You IMO should have lost to both Kent State and Holy Cross at home, on a bunch of days rest

D) Gonzaga lost to an unranked team in Georgia by double digits

E) Again if you're name wasn't Duke you wouldn't even be smelling the top 20, let alone the top 25

F) You lost your two best players, much like Illinois did and found a way into the top 20. 2 guys that went lottery in the draft, so why aren't we ranked then?

I could go on all day on this. The fact remains, you're quote on quote best 2 players have their best games of the year, and the Zags two best players have their worst games of the year and you only win by 7? Come one now. On paper you should have spanked Gonzaga. But again, Duke is so overrated it's not even funny right now.

Quote:
Old 12-22-2006, 05:32 PM    (permalink

Quote:
A) You should have IMO lost to Indiana, which is just down right pitiful at home.
That was low Sweetness.
Old 12-22-2006, 05:34 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
They are way too inconsistent and inexperienced. Like Sweetness said, McRoberts and Paulus played great last night, while Gonzaga played like crap, and you barely won. They aren't a top 25 basketball team.
ahahhaha I love that arguement. " they barely won" . Gonzaga is a top 25 team, no one isn't supposed to blow out a top 25 team. SO what do you expect from duke (if they arn't top 25) to do to a team ranked #24. Blow them out? that is the worst argument i have ever heard. As far as the inconsistent and inexpiranced comment, if they are inconsistent and inexpiranced then so is UNC and Kansas,(BTW a duke team with one loss is soooooooooooo inconsistent :roll: :roll: :roll: ) does this disqualify them from the top 25 as well? UNC lost to gonazaga who was ranked lower than marquette who duke lost to.... UNC ins't a top 25 team either, they're not undefeated, they're not expiranced, they shoudn't be up there either by your reasoning. wait, why don't i say the only reason UNC is in the top 25 is because they are UNC. :roll: :roll: what a terrible argument.

they get smoked.

Old 12-22-2006, 05:38 PM    (permalink
dRaFtDoRk
Veteran

dRaFtDoRk hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

So what does everyone think of Bill Walker?

I've watched the guy play HS B-Ball a lot and he is just a freak athlete. Chad Ford has him as the #6 prospect for this years draft...of course he's not gonna get a lot of publicity now because he plays for Huggins and KSU.
dRaFtDoRk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 05:41 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
ahahhaha I love that arguement. " they barely won" . Gonzaga is a top 25 team, no one isn't supposed to blow out a top 25 team. SO what do you expect from duke (if they arn't top 25) to do to a team ranked #24. Blow them out? that is the worst argument i have ever heard. As far as the inconsistent and inexpiranced comment, if they are inconsistent and inexpiranced then so is UNC and Kansas,(BTW a duke team with one loss is soooooooooooo inconsistent :roll: :roll: :roll: ) does this disqualify them from the top 25 as well? UNC lost to gonazaga who was ranked lower than marquette who duke lost to.... UNC ins't a top 25 team either, they're not undefeated, they're not expiranced, they shoudn't be up there either by your reasoning. wait, why don't i say the only reason UNC is in the top 25 is because they are UNC. :roll: :roll: what a terrible argument.
When your team is playing great and the other team is playing terrible, you should blow them out if you want to be a top 20 team. I didn't say that UNC and Kansas weren't inconsistent, but Duke isn't as talented as them, so their lows are lower and highs aren't as high. You're such a homer, you don't give any reasoning as to why Duke should be top 25, or explain how the aren't inexperienced or inconsistent. You just say my arguement is terrible.
Old 12-22-2006, 05:42 PM    (permalink

The Purdue bias in Indiana is terrible. They just called the IU vs IUPUI game a big matchup.
Old 12-22-2006, 05:43 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Because that's the only good game you've played all season.

B) You got spanked by Marquette no a neutral court who is behind you in the rankings

C) You IMO should have lost to both Kent State and Holy Cross at home, on a bunch of days rest

D) Gonzaga lost to an unranked team in Georgia by double digits

E) Again if you're name wasn't Duke you wouldn't even be smelling the top 20, let alone the top 25

F) You lost your two best players, much like Illinois did and found a way into the top 20. 2 guys that went lottery in the draft, so why aren't we ranked then?

I could go on all day on this. The fact remains, you're quote on quote best 2 players have their best games of the year, and the Zags two best players have their worst games of the year and you only win by 7? Come one now. On paper you should have spanked Gonzaga. But again, Duke is so overrated it's not even funny right now.

a.) key word SHOULD
b.) Spanked? spanked??? that was hardly a spanking considering it could have gone either way until there ws a couple minutes left in the game, 10 point loss is harldy a spanking.
c.) SHOULD HAVE
d.) Gnzaga beat UNC. ( this statement is important by your reasoning)
E.) shut up, weak argument.
F. who have they beat that is of any signifigance?

Maye it's not a coincidense that gonzagas two best players had their worst games? perhaps it was dukes good defense and coach K's brilliance. By only 7? since when is there such thing as a bad win, is this the BCS and the dookies are trying to impress people by winning by more? gonzaga was top 25 , beating any top 25 team by 7 is always good.Just because you keep saying duke is overrated dosen't make it become true.

they get smoked.

Old 12-22-2006, 05:46 PM    (permalink

When you win a game that you "shouldn't", it means that you got outplayed and won because the team either choked it away or you got lucky.