Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-12-2007, 03:12 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
Duke is one of those schools that you either love or hate.
well the majority hate em :D
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 03:25 PM    (permalink
BucSappy
Veteran

BucSappy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

People hate teams that win (Yankees, USC, Duke, Cowboys, and now the Red Sox and Patriots).

Its just a compliment to Duke that people hate them.

I mean no one hates West Montana State.
BucSappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 03:27 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucSappy View Post
People hate teams that win (Yankees, USC, Duke, Cowboys, and now the Red Sox and Patriots).

Well no one gets to see West Montana State on a daily basis either. Duke is televised all the time, but your right they do win.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 03:30 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's the attitude of Duke fans and the team that creates this feeling of disdain. I don't dislike any team outside of my home division besides Duke. I feel like the entire organization thinks it's entitled to every call, whistle, or advantage, and it's ridiculous. Dick Vitale doesn't help things.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well no one gets to see West Montana State on a daily basis either. Duke is televised all the time, but your right they do win.
Not as much as UNC does, yet UNC isn't nearly as reviled as Duke is. Eric Maynor is a God btw.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Not as much as UNC does, yet UNC isn't nearly as reviled as Duke is. Eric Maynor is a God btw.
Are you saying UNC is televised more than Duke?

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 11-12-2007, 03:35 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think a lot of this is ESPN's fault. For some reason, they shove Duke down our throats all the time. They lead a lot of highlights, they get a lot of coverage, and they have the Dick Vitale advantage. They are mildly overexposed, and the collective arrogance of the fanbase and the team does the rest.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 11-12-2007, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Are you saying UNC is televised more than Duke?
Nope. They're actually not that far apart, but Duke gets a little more. I was talking about the "they win" part.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:41 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i might recall dukes record last season wasnt so great yet they were a sixth seed
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 03:43 PM    (permalink
BucSappy
Veteran

BucSappy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I think it's the attitude of Duke fans and the team that creates this feeling of disdain. I don't dislike any team outside of my home division besides Duke. I feel like the entire organization thinks it's entitled to every call, whistle, or advantage, and it's ridiculous. Dick Vitale doesn't help things.
I totally disagree.

Most fans are like this. I mean I am n the epicenter of college basketball: Lexington, KY.

The fans are ********. Nuts. Crazy. Student section is overrated. They think UK is the greatest team ever. A lot of people on campus think UK had a shot preseason to go to the Final 4 (yeah right, with Mark Coury starting give me a break).

Kentucky fans are every bit as cocky as Duke fans.

At least the Cameron Crazies are awesome. It is so cool to see them jump up and down and be so united with their chants. You just don't get that anywhere else really. I love it.
BucSappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 03:55 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Actually, if you travelled around watching college basketball like many others have, you would know that the student sections at many other schools (Maryland, UCLA, Michigan St., Gonzaga, Pepperdine, GW, St. Joe's, Xavier, George Mason, among others) have student sections that are just as dedicated, passionate, and nasty as the Cameron Crazies. The Crazies did it first, but that doesn't mean they're necessarily the best anymore. Cameron is awesome, but there is a ton of great college bball fan environments out there.

Old 11-12-2007, 03:56 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's so annoying how they always make Duke players victims. Oh people are cussing out JJ Redick and Greg Paulus, big whoop, they act like players from other schools don't get dissed.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Actually, if you travelled around watching college basketball like many others have, you would know that the student sections at many other schools (Maryland, UCLA, Michigan St., Gonzaga, Pepperdine, GW, St. Joe's, Xavier, George Mason, among others) have student sections that are just as dedicated, passionate, and nasty as the Cameron Crazies. The Crazies did it first, but that doesn't mean they're necessarily the best anymore. Cameron is awesome, but there is a ton of great college bball fan environments out there.
I think what seperates Cameron Crazies from everyone else is the arena they play in. Duke didnt sell out like Gonzaga to get a bigger staidum when they realized they could sell way more than 9300 tickets at every game. So its way louder, and way harder to play in Duke then any other arena in the nation.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 11-12-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
It's so annoying how they always make Duke players victims. Oh people are cussing out JJ Redick and Greg Paulus, big whoop, they act like players from other schools don't get dissed.
LOL People hated JJ, but he shut everyone up at every game. He was by far one of the greatest college players I have ever seen.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 11-12-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

It's incredibly loud at a lot of smaller arenas across the country. I credit Duke for not building a bigger arena, but Cameron isn't THAT awesome. I've been there for a game. It is slightly overrated. The Crazies are incredibly overrated.

Old 11-12-2007, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Ghetto, don't be mean. I wanna hear J.J's poetry about how condor-like he is. ;)

And Paulus...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=s0upQDkY-pg
Old 11-12-2007, 04:02 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
LOL People hated JJ, but he shut everyone up at every game. He was by far one of the greatest college players I have ever seen.
JJ was one of the biggest whiners ever. He played really hard and was amazing at what he did, but he cried and flopped and whined more than any player I've seen, and I've been following college bball for about 18 years.

Old 11-12-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
College basketball's A-Rod...Huge in the regular season, not so much when it counted.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Ghetto, don't be mean. I wanna hear J.J's poetry about how condor-like he is. ;)

And Paulus...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=s0upQDkY-pg
That's why Duke loss in the tourny to VCU.

Old 11-12-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I hate Duke because they always talk about them on ESPN. I hate their fans because they're cocky and arrogant. I hate Duke because even when they suck people are all over their nuts. I hate Duke because every player they get is "the savior of the program."

That's why I hate Duke.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
I hate Duke because they always talk about them on ESPN. I hate their fans because they're cocky and arrogant. I hate Duke because even when they suck people are all over their nuts. I hate Duke because every player they get is "the savior of the program."

That's why I hate Duke.
WTF are you talking about? Josh McRoberts is a BEAST! ;)
Old 11-12-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I totally disagree.

Most fans are like this. I mean I am n the epicenter of college basketball: Lexington, KY.

The fans are ********. Nuts. Crazy. Student section is overrated. They think UK is the greatest team ever. A lot of people on campus think UK had a shot preseason to go to the Final 4 (yeah right, with Mark Coury starting give me a break).

Kentucky fans are every bit as cocky as Duke fans.

At least the Cameron Crazies are awesome. It is so cool to see them jump up and down and be so united with their chants. You just don't get that anywhere else really. I love it.
Um you don't watch much college basketball do you? Go to any major school and you'll see fans jumping up and down, yelling, screaming, singing...The Orange Krush at Illinois does the same thing the Crazies do.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:15 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Duke fans are jokes, I went to the Duke game last year with a couple of my dudes decked out George Mason gear who Duke was playing and no one did anything to us or even cursed or anything. If I do the same thing even at a Virginia Tech game, you can guarantee I will be elbowed, rained on my drinks, and cursed out, but at Duke games all of their fans are pssys.

Old 11-12-2007, 04:21 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYOgC2Qbqh4

Bout time we bring this one back...(warning, severe profane language at the beginning, just a heads up)

Quote:
Old 11-12-2007, 04:39 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
Duke fans are jokes, I went to the Duke game last year with a couple of my dudes decked out George Mason gear who Duke was playing and no one did anything to us or even cursed or anything. If I do the same thing even at a Virginia Tech game, you can guarantee I will be elbowed, rained on my drinks, and cursed out, but at Duke games all of their fans are pssys.
LOL You are comparing Virginia Tech students to Duke students tough wise? WOW. Duke is full of kids with 1600 SAT scores.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2