Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-12-2008, 11:37 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Gophers attempt at making the tournament came to a screeching halt tonight as they got it handed to them by the Illinois Illini. Gophers inside came was awful and that held suit for their entire offense. Illinios made quite a few perimeter shots and Jeff Jordan got quite a bit of time too. He doesn't have the prettiest shot but he's quick and plays fairly decent defense.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 11:51 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

These next few games are so crucial for IU. Wisconsin tomorrow, Michigan State on Saturday, and Purdue next Tuesday. The true identity of this team is about to be revealed, hopefully we'll end up with a sweep, showing that they're a legit contender.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 11:54 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway View Post
These next few games are so crucial for IU. Wisconsin tomorrow, Michigan State on Saturday, and Purdue next Tuesday. The true identity of this team is about to be revealed, hopefully we'll end up with a sweep, showing that they're a legit contender.
I really don't think Indiana can sweep. I also don't think they're a legit contender. Elite 8 is the farthest I think they're capable of getting to.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I really don't think Indiana can sweep. I also don't think they're a legit contender. Elite 8 is the farthest I think they're capable of getting to.
I really can't see any team in the Big-10 making it past the Elite 8. It is very much a down year for the conference, even though a lot of the teams have some high rankings.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 12:24 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
I really can't see any team in the Big-10 making it past the Elite 8. It is very much a down year for the conference, even though a lot of the teams have some high rankings.
It's not a down year at all. There's just no team at the very top. Michigan State, Wisconsin, Purdue, and Indiana are all good teams and are deserving of their high rankings. I agree that none will make it past the elite 8, but at least one will get to it.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:39 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
In that case I blame you for them blowing it.
It was not me, they were 3-0 when I went before.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:46 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The hammer is coming down on Indiana and Cellvin Sanctions, muahahahahaha. The allegations come out tomorrow which we are hearing will be very, very bad and then in June comes the hearing...Oh please let this be karma, oh pretty please.

IU is f'd in the a...Serves them right for hiring that piece of garbage.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 12:48 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
The Gophers attempt at making the tournament came to a screeching halt tonight as they got it handed to them by the Illinois Illini. Gophers inside came was awful and that held suit for their entire offense. Illinios made quite a few perimeter shots and Jeff Jordan got quite a bit of time too. He doesn't have the prettiest shot but he's quick and plays fairly decent defense.
Yea we're kinda good...;)

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:50 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BTW, don't pick Butler to go very far in ur pools folks, they are overrated, and should no way be in the top ten.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:03 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
BTW, don't pick Butler to go very far in ur pools folks, they are overrated, and should no way be in the top ten.
No doubt; they aren't dominating Horizon league teams like a true Top 10 team would be. They could easily have a first round exit and if they manage to win then they'll have a nice suprise in round 2

Old 02-13-2008, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Indiana Recruiting Violations: Thoughts... What are going to be the disiplinary actions?

ESPN:http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3243793

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:56 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea believe it or not, Sampson will get in the most trouble, not Indiana...they will prolly get in minimal trouble, but if they get rid of Sampson after this season, they will prolly only get a slap on the wrists for being so dumb to hire him in the first place, so I wouldn't get my hopes up

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:58 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
yea believe it or not, Sampson will get in the most trouble, not Indiana...they will prolly get in minimal trouble, but if they get rid of Sampson after this season, they will prolly only get a slap on the wrists for being so dumb to hire him in the first place, so I wouldn't get my hopes up
Say they fire Sampson, who do you think they try and bring in? Steve Alford?

Old 02-13-2008, 12:00 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I think Sampson's career is over. Big opening at Indiana, but a little tainted by these scandals. Hard to say who would come and take the job. I know Bob Knight is available...

Actually, I think they might look at an assistant within the conference, or at successful coaches in smaller conferences. Reggie Theus, Sean Miller of Xavier, Anthony Grant of VCU, maybe even Mark Few...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 12:05 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Say they fire Sampson, who do you think they try and bring in? Steve Alford?
although he does wanna be at a basketball first school, and I'm sure they might ask and he may accept, I don't think he's a good enough coach to be at Indiana...I don't think he's a bad coach, he's actually pretty good, but for what Indiana would demand of him, he would be run out of town in about 2 seasons

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 12:23 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Indiana should make a fresh start with limited connections to any past regimes. They need to get far away from this stuff.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 02-13-2008, 12:28 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Indiana won't get in trouble? Are you on crack iowa? Yes they will...More violations will come down for lack of institutional control. Yes what Sampson did was on his time, but IU is still responsible as he is, or was an employee of the University. He represents them, and so whatever he does effects the program and it falls back on the program.

It won't matter anyway, there's going to be such a big cloud over their head they're going to be f'd anyway. Ebanks' name was listed in the report, so he'll be gone...And the rest of their class will be as well.

Does cards have any comment? Or how about MaxV, it would be nice to get their perspective on this because they are Hoosier fans. I know my IU friends are pissed off right now and they hate Sampson. This is absolutely disastrous if you are an Indiana fan.

Quote:
Old 02-13-2008, 12:30 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Yeah, I think Sampson's career is over. Big opening at Indiana, but a little tainted by these scandals. Hard to say who would come and take the job. I know Bob Knight is available...

Actually, I think they might look at an assistant within the conference, or at successful coaches in smaller conferences. Reggie Theus, Sean Miller of Xavier, Anthony Grant of VCU, maybe even Mark Few...
I've heard the Baylor coach is the front runner right now...Mark Few won't leave, Grant I think is smart enough to stay away from that job, and the other two I believe will stay away as well.

What coach wants to come in with the kind of image IU will have after all this is decided?

Quote:
Old 02-13-2008, 12:34 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I think Miller would go. The A-10 is improving, and I actually think he has a chance to go to the Sweet 16, if not further. It all depends on his draw. His best friend in the coaching world is Thad Matta, the OSU coach. He was Miller's mentor and was responsible for him getting the job after he jumped. Even with a tarnished image, Miller is a damn good recruiter. He got Derrick Brown to go to Xavier over OSU for gods' sake... He is a fresh face and has a nice pedigree. In other circumstances, he probably wouldn't get a shot at that job. If the offer is there, Miller should go.

Old 02-13-2008, 01:25 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I find it hard to believe that Gordon isn't involved which they're saying is the case. I was figuring post season sanctions but if none of their current players were involved it won't happen. Honestly don't know what to expect, you'd have to think Sampson will get canned.

Scott Drew seems like a good one but I've heard Scott Skiles mentioned (apparently lives in Bloomington), thought that was interesting.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:15 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Sampson is as good as gone from what we're hearing. Skiles would be an interesting hire to say the least.

Quote:
Old 02-13-2008, 02:42 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
What coach wants to come in with the kind of image IU will have after all this is decided?
Oh come on Sweetness, let's get real. There likely won't be a better open job than the IU one, regardless of this "cloud."

I'm pissed that after Knight had an absolutely spotless record over his years here, that Sampson could come in and ruin it in such a short time. I won't be wearing my Sampsonite shirt anytime soon. He wasn't even coaching well, this team should be much better than they've played. Hopefully we can get a keeper, this constant coaching turmoil thing is not good for a program.

And Steve Alford? I don't know if I could watch IU basketball if Steve was the coach. It's not like Knight would let him take it anyway. When Bobby says jump, Steve asks how high.

Designs by D-Unit

Old 02-13-2008, 02:53 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

You don't think there won't be any self-imposed sanctions for the Hoosiers? Hell I'll be surprised if the NCAA doesn't step in and do something.

The IU head coaching job won't be as sweet as it once was, that's for sure.

Quote:
Old 02-13-2008, 03:28 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They already have a few, not sure what else they would do? I'm not saying they won't, I'd guess scholarships would be the first thing (didn't they already pull some for next year when this first broke out?)... I don't think they would self impose a post season ban. They've gotta do something, it'll be interesting to see how this plays out.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:57 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
You don't think there won't be any self-imposed sanctions for the Hoosiers? Hell I'll be surprised if the NCAA doesn't step in and do something.

The IU head coaching job won't be as sweet as it once was, that's for sure.
Sure there will be sanctions, but it will be a highly sought after job, that's for sure.

I know it's Thad Matta's dream to coach at IU, unfortunately the Davis Era ended at the worst possible time for that dream to come true.

Designs by D-Unit