Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-14-2008, 03:30 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

also, I read in the Tribune today that it wasn't so much that the NCAA is pissed at Indiana for supplying false reports to them, but more that Sampson and his staff provided false information to the university, and then the university to the NCAA...so, while Indiana may see small repercussions from this, it does appear less likely that the NCAA will be punishing them harshly, rather just frowning upon them for even hiring a coach with a questionable background and look like idiots for doing so

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:42 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Wow, thanks for calling me out TT, except that last year I believed Illinois was better than Duke, and last year Frazier was better than Paulus when both were healthy.

This year is a different case and I have not once said Illinois was better than Duke, or that Frazier was better than Paulus.

Maybe you should learn to read next time before you come after me.
Whoa whoa whoa, Don't get angry brah.
1.) You said something more along the lines of Paulus never would be a good point, and that he was overrated since coming into college. When they were both healthy? Is that implying that Fraizier is a better player than Paulus when healthy? Ha
2.) You said before this season that Duke would be in trouble after losing McRoberts and would be no good.
3.) You stated Singler was the most overrated prospect before arriving at duke, while I maintained he was the most complete prospect. Who turn out to be right there? Forgot to comment on that? Maybe you should learn how to read?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:47 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Thank God, I want that scumbag gone ASAP. Dan Dockage should take over for the rest of the season, which still has some promise and Greenspan can try to save his ass by doing a much better job with this hire.

And Knight has way too much pride to come back, he despises the school for what they did.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 04:03 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my hatred of Duke is almost uncontrollable.

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 06:09 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Duke would be in trouble after losing McRoberts

HAHAHAHAHAHA!
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 06:44 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.

From everything I have heard, it is almost a lock that Sampson will be fired tomorrow. Also have heard that Steve Alford is the leading candidate to be the next coach at IU.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:47 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwillie26 View Post
From everything I have heard, it is almost a lock that Sampson will be fired tomorrow. Also have heard that Steve Alford is the leading candidate to be the next coach at IU.
Where did you hear he was the lead candidate? I've said it before, but even if Greenspan loses his mind and decides to hire a coach as terrible as Alford, Knight would do everything in his power to make sure Steve didn't take the job. I don't know if that would have as much pull given Steve's current situation, but don't think he'd be quick to pull the trigger on accepting the offer, which hopefully is never given to him in the first place.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 06:54 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nolan Smith had better get a starting spot next year. They should just give the point and let Paulus be the SG. All he does is shoot 3's anyway. Haha.
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 07:12 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway View Post
Where did you hear he was the lead candidate? I've said it before, but even if Greenspan loses his mind and decides to hire a coach as terrible as Alford, Knight would do everything in his power to make sure Steve didn't take the job. I don't know if that would have as much pull given Steve's current situation, but don't think he'd be quick to pull the trigger on accepting the offer, which hopefully is never given to him in the first place.
Considering it was Iowa, Alford did a remarkable job in his time there. He has also did a solid job with the Lobos this year as well.

Alford is just the rumor on a few pay boards (not IU ones) that I am on. We'll see.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:11 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwillie26 View Post
Considering it was Iowa, Alford did a remarkable job in his time there. He has also did a solid job with the Lobos this year as well.

Alford is just the rumor on a few pay boards (not IU ones) that I am on. We'll see.
like you said, Alford isn't a terrible coach...he isn't a great one, but I mean yea, it's Iowa, who wants to play basketball here? We never have any good players and Alford still went to the dance like 3 times in 6 years (granted, he's never won a tourny game), but still, he isn't a bad coach by any means...the only reason he left Iowa is because Iowa fans are morons and think we should be an elite basketball program, they think we should at least make the elite 8 every year, because they are in fact complete idiots

anyways, if I were Indiana I would not hire Alford just because the fans would expect too much from the Jesus of Indiana basketball and he would inevitably fall short of such high expectations

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 10:18 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Nolan Smith had better get a starting spot next year. They should just give the point and let Paulus be the SG. All he does is shoot 3's anyway. Haha.
Yeah, that and run Coach Ks offense perfectly.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 02-14-2008, 10:59 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHA!
No post game...They rely on their athleticism and outside shooting, and that's been their key to success this season.

And yes I was wrong about Duke this year. Paulus is still overhyped for what he is. He's a very, very solid player but it helps having guys like Henderson, Nelson, Scheyer, Singler, etc around him as well.

Also, IU can do a lot better than Alford. Name we're hearing is possibly Lon Kruger.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 11:24 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, that and run Coach Ks offense perfectly.
I wouldn't say "perfectly". He's still a little too hesitant for my liking. His "perfect job" at running the offense is more of a product of the great ball movement all around than everything going through him. He is a fine fit for the team, though. I'm just a huge Nolan Smith fan and he has an infinitely greater growth potential opposed to Paulus, so I'd like to see him get his PT and be allowed to run the show.
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ASU beat Stanford!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think we're going dancing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =D

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 03:39 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
No post game...They rely on their athleticism and outside shooting, and that's been their key to success this season.
You got it there. but the thing is with the offense that coach K has devised this season I'm not so sure how much a post game is a necessity. However, if they get cold with perimeter shooting on the tourney, it could be an early exit. If they stay this hot, I'm not sure anyone could stop them.

Also, another thought. How scary would Duke be this year with McRoberts? He is a big man who could fit perfectly with this system. Just imagine him and Singler, dang.

they get smoked.

Old 02-16-2008, 08:15 AM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cant believe im not going to the Cuse game today. Its a big one.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:17 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Whoa whoa whoa, Don't get angry brah.
1.) You said something more along the lines of Paulus never would be a good point, and that he was overrated since coming into college. When they were both healthy? Is that implying that Fraizier is a better player than Paulus when healthy? Ha
2.) You said before this season that Duke would be in trouble after losing McRoberts and would be no good.
3.) You stated Singler was the most overrated prospect before arriving at duke, while I maintained he was the most complete prospect. Who turn out to be right there? Forgot to comment on that? Maybe you should learn how to read?
1. I also thought Paulus would suck again, but he's been terrific, especially against UNC :(
2. McRoberts was highly overrated at Duke and sucked the entire time there, repeatedly getting pwnd by Hansbrough. I was sad he left because of that.
3. Singler is ******* nasty. He's very good, very versatile. He scares the bejeezus out of me whenever he's got the ball.

Awesome, Deon Thompson and Danny Green are questionable for today, and the Human Fast Break is out yet again. ******* terrific. Welp, time for Tyler to put up 35 and 20.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 09:50 AM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

HUGE game today for SU. Could be a must-win to get us into the tourney. And I'll be there!
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yesssssssssssssssssss Gus Johnson baby!!!!!!!
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UCONN in a scare. Only up 3 against South Florida with 5 to go.
Old 02-16-2008, 01:01 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am going to call an upset for tonight. University of Alabama-Birmingham (UAB) will take down #1 Memphis!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 01:06 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ugh Georgetown lost to Syracuse :(

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Note to Syracuse fans/students:

Rush the floor after the game is over, nitwits.
Old 02-16-2008, 01:09 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Note to Syracuse fans/students:

Rush the floor after the game is over, nitwits.
Its a rivalry and a MUCH needed win.
Old 02-16-2008, 01:10 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I am going to call an upset for tonight. University of Alabama-Birmingham (UAB) will take down #1 Memphis!
You can call it, but it's not going to happen.