Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-23-2008, 09:28 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
It's good out there, but let's not get carried away. It's probably better than a UNC crowd though.

I like how UConn and Kansas lost after being hyped up here. lol
You must be watching only the games at the Smith center then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Pft. The only reason Dukie crowds seem so great is because they squeeze 9k into a sardine can and put the student section in the TV view.

And your point is?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 09:45 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
And your point is?
They don't impress me.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 09:49 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
It's good out there, but let's not get carried away. It's probably better than a UNC crowd though.

I like how UConn and Kansas lost after being hyped up here. lol
UNC crowds are always relatively quiet. Even UNC fans will tell you it is thanks to the 'blue hairs' (older folks) who never get out of their seats for a game.

But I'm surprised at how poor the offense has gotten since the beginning of this Memphis - Tennessee game. Memphis had 29 points halfway thru the 1st half and they haven't even busted 50 yet this late in the game.

I thought this was supposed to be two of the better offensive teams in the country?

The crowd has been great, but neither of these two teams look like they are the elite of college basketball.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Rush23Hester

Quote:
Pft. The only reason Dukie crowds seem so great is because they squeeze 9k into a sardine can and put the student section in the TV view.
Have you been to a game? As a Duke fan I can honestly say that the Duke crowd is great because it is in fact the Duke crowd. The student section is insane during the game, you should see what happens during the commercials.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:13 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Congrats Tennessee.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 10:16 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush23Hester View Post
Have you been to a game? As a Duke fan I can honestly say that the Duke crowd is great because it is in fact the Duke crowd. The student section is insane during the game, you should see what happens during the commercials.
The Duke crowd is great because it's the Duke crowd? Not exactly the way to win an argument.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Big win for UT basketball. Bruce Pearl should get a statue.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 10:33 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only 6 of the 20 players from the game were actually from Tennessee.

0/5 Mephis starters
3/5 Tennessee starters
2/5 Memphis bench
1/5 Tennessee bench
Old 02-23-2008, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Only 6 of the 20 players from the game were actually from Tennessee.

0/5 Mephis starters
3/5 Tennessee starters
2/5 Memphis bench
1/5 Tennessee bench
Kinda surprised none of Memphis' starters are from Tennessee considering Memphis is a pretty talented city in terms of high school basketball talent, but then again, memphis is a powerhouse so they can recruit well nationally. Those are probably the only compliments I'll ever give to Memphis.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
You're missing the boat on Robinson, trust me. He's probably our most athletic starter, and by a fair bit too. He's very quick and very explosive with amazing hops. He doesn't use his athleticism like he should on offense, instead going for stupid pull up jumpers (know your role son), but if Calhoun really forced him to penetrate and attack he would be tough to stop. On defense you can easily see his athleticism because his technique is horrible (defensive stance) but he still manages to stay with his man and blocks shots in a hurry. He glides all over the place.
I have to say, Robinson looked like a totally different guy out there today. As you mentioned he wasn't trying to do as many pull up jumpers and he really took it to the basket, despite the loss.

All in all, I thought we played well - despite the loss. We're a good team and we just need to get some conistency at the beginning of the game so we're not constantly playing from behind.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Absolutely unbelievable Kansas State box score in their loss. This is a must see:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=280540239

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 11:12 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
Absolutely unbelievable Kansas State box score in their loss. This is a must see:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=280540239
It's fairly pathetic. I realize everyone beyond Beasley and Walker are nowhere near their talent level, but they could at least be good roleplayers. They don't want the ball, they don't know what to do when they can't get their star the ball, they can't pass, they can't play defense, and they can barely keep possession of the ball. Beasley's going to have to really step up into a leadership role and attempt at making the players around him better, because this is fairly ridiculous. If someone drops 44 with a great percentage in college and their team still can't win, there's a problem. Can't wait for KSU/Texas on Monday. I'd like to see K-State step it up.
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 11:18 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh yeah. Derrick Rose showed me a lot today. Very solid performance. Not sure if he's necessarily as great as some are hyping him up to be just yet, but he's very good. It would benefit his growth to step out of the shadow of CDR, however, but I'm not completely sure CDR will let him. We'll see. Tournament time should be interesting.
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Tyler Smith is the most consistent player for the Vols all-around. I hope he doesn't bolt to the pros.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Derrick is one of the most fun to watch guys I've seen at that age. I think it'd be best for him to stay another year and carry a team in college before hitting the NBA. He could really put up some huge numbers when the older guys leave after this year.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 11:41 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOLOLOLOL.... Scott Van Pelt (of Sportscenter) just name dropped the biggest UK message board. He said something along the lines of, "We didn't get the chance to show the UK-Arkansas highlights but we didn't forget Kentucky, I salute my friends at Catspause". Catspause is the biggest UK fan message board, we have like 4,000 people at a time on there. He was being sarcastic but it cracks me up.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:53 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They don't impress me.
It should if you watch college basketball... Cameron, Rupp, and Assembly are the most difficult places to play.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 02-23-2008, 11:54 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michigan takes down Illinois.

Not a very good game for either team, but a win is a win. I'll take it considering wins have been hard to come by this year. After starting 1-9 in conference play we've won 4 of the last 5. Three games left: vs Northwestern, @ Penn State, and vs Purdue. Here's hoping we can win those first two.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 12:03 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
It should if you watch college basketball... Cameron, Rupp, and Assembly are the most difficult places to play.
They get into it, no doubt. I just wish it seated more. Anyone can make a high school gym loud (obviously it's bigger) but to make 20k+ get loud is something else. I would think they could seat that many, any idea when a new gym is coming?
Old 02-24-2008, 12:03 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
Michigan takes down Illinois.

Not a very good game for either team, but a win is a win. I'll take it considering wins have been hard to come by this year. After starting 1-9 in conference play we've won 4 of the last 5. Three games left: vs Northwestern, @ Penn State, and vs Purdue. Here's hoping we can win those first two.
**** the first two. Win the last one please.
Old 02-24-2008, 12:29 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its better for Memphis, they will go into the tourney hungry as hell now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:50 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I have to say, Robinson looked like a totally different guy out there today. As you mentioned he wasn't trying to do as many pull up jumpers and he really took it to the basket, despite the loss.

All in all, I thought we played well - despite the loss. We're a good team and we just need to get some conistency at the beginning of the game so we're not constantly playing from behind.
Free throws killed us that game...even though we've improved a lot in that department this year. Villanova played outstanding D and Stokes hit some 3s from Canada.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 01:35 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
any idea when a new gym is coming?
Umm... Never? Cameron has to much tradition to abandon. It would be like tearing down the Barn for Minnesota. Not going to happen any time soon.

they get smoked.

Old 02-24-2008, 04:59 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big win today for Wisconsin as they traveled into Columbus. That pushes the Badgers to 13-2 in conference with Michigan, Penn State, and Northwestern left on the schedule. The Buckeyes dropped to 8-6 in conference, just one game ahead of Minnesota who also won today defeating Penn State. Those two meet next Saturday in Minnesota....should be a big one to possibly determine the fifth team to represent the Big Ten in the 65 team field.

Remaining schedules

Ohio State
@ Indiana
@ Minnesota
vs Purdue
vs Michigan State

Minnesota
@ Purdue
vs Ohio State
@ Indiana
@ Illinois

They should be interesting to see if Tubby can get his boys in the tourney....Ohio State has a very difficult schedule left.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 05:11 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Umm... Never? Cameron has to much tradition to abandon. It would be like tearing down the Barn for Minnesota. Not going to happen any time soon.
Rupp will probably be torn down around 2018...

Minnesota is basically done, they haven't beat a team with a winning record. OSU is in big trouble as well.