Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-24-2008, 05:39 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Rupp will probably be torn down around 2018...

Minnesota is basically done, they haven't beat a team with a winning record. OSU is in big trouble as well.
I qwouldn't say Minnesota is done. If they can mange to win 3 out of their next 4 and advance far enough in the conference tournament then they could set themselves up for a bid. Anything short of that then they'll be participating in the NIT for sure.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 05:55 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I qwouldn't say Minnesota is done. If they can mange to win 3 out of their next 4 and advance far enough in the conference tournament then they could set themselves up for a bid. Anything short of that then they'll be participating in the NIT for sure.
Yeah, I was more assuming they lose to Indiana/Purdue and maybe beat Ohio St.

Their RPI is just entirely too low and it's hard to justify putting a team in the tournament that hasn't beat a team with a .500 record or higher in late February.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 08:52 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldnt want to play Xavier this year. Final Four caliber team for sure.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 09:06 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, the Missouri Valley went 8-2 in the Bracket Busters this weekend. The only team that really got a plus from it was Drake, for seeding purposes. ESPN has said that Southern Illinois could get a bid if they win up until the MVC championship game. However, they say Illinois State cannot...

If we win at SIU we would have a better resume than if they win at home against us. ISU would be 24-9 with an rpi in the 30's. However, it is still an outside shot for either team to get an at-large.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 09:22 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
I wouldnt want to play Xavier this year. Final Four caliber team for sure.
Couldn't disagree more. I think they'll get to the second and then go out. I give them credit for scheduling good non conference opponents and beating some quality teams (Indiana, Kansas State), but I don't think they're that good of a team. The games that I've watched I have been unimpressed. They are deserving of being ranked #12 and the high seed they'll get based on what they've accomplished, but I can't see them going very far.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:30 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Couldn't disagree more. I think they'll get to the second and then go out. I give them credit for scheduling good non conference opponents and beating some quality teams (Indiana, Kansas State), but I don't think they're that good of a team. The games that I've watched I have been unimpressed. They are deserving of being ranked #12 and the high seed they'll get based on what they've accomplished, but I can't see them going very far.
I'm in between both of you. I saw them live early in the year when they played Kent State. They provide alot of Matchup problems with their athletic bigs. I see them susceptible to a first round exit, but I think they are a sweet 16 team with a chance at the elite 8 and thats where they will be gone for sure.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 02:10 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My boy's up against Texas tonight. Hopefully K-State has a better showing as a team this time around.
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 08:26 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marquette won their fifth in a row tonight against Jay Wright's Villanova Wildcats. The Golden Eagles are starting to put it together at the right time after struggling big time towards the beginning of Big East play. They now play host to #10 Georgetown on Saturday.

Saturday's Big Games
Georgetown @ Marquette
West Virginia @ UCONN
Washington State @ Stanford
Ohio State @ Minnesota
Vanderbilt @ Arkansas
St. Mary's @ Gonzaga
Kansas State @ Kansas
Pittsburgh @ Syracuse
Texas A&M @ Oklahoma

Old 02-25-2008, 09:44 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i cant wait til huggins get the beasley's and bill walker's to wvu

next year we have top 100 player kevin jones coming

pg truck bryant
f roscoe davis

plus we might get majok

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 10:09 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how was Kansas State favored by -3 1/2 over the #5 ranked team in the country?

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 10:48 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
how was Kansas State favored by -3 1/2 over the #5 ranked team in the country?
thats what I was wondering too. All I could think of was that KState was on a 6 game home winning streak and they probably gave them the home court advantage. I put $20 on a 2 team parlay of Texas winning and under 147 for a nice $71.64 profit. Then put $20 on Texas covering the spread since I thought they would win and got $18.18 profit. Then put $20 on Texas to win and that paid out $27 plus my $20 back. Not a bad 2.5 hours of watching tv.

Last edited by jayceheathman : 02-25-2008 at 10:51 PM.
jayceheathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Texas is going to be a #1 seed by the time all is said and done.
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 12:10 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
My boy's up against Texas tonight. Hopefully K-State has a better showing as a team this time around.

well, Bill Walker going 0-14 didn't help.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Marquette won their fifth in a row tonight against Jay Wright's Villanova Wildcats. The Golden Eagles are starting to put it together at the right time after struggling big time towards the beginning of Big East play. They now play host to #10 Georgetown on Saturday.

Saturday's Big Games
Georgetown @ Marquette
West Virginia @ UCONN
Washington State @ Stanford
Ohio State @ Minnesota
Vanderbilt @ Arkansas
St. Mary's @ Gonzaga
Kansas State @ Kansas
Pittsburgh @ Syracuse
Texas A&M @ Oklahoma
You can add USC @ ASU to those games. It is almost a must-win for ASU to get into the dance unless we miraculously beat UCLA on Thursday. As for USC, they aren't a clear-cut lock either.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 12:31 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Rupp will probably be torn down around 2018...

Minnesota is basically done, they haven't beat a team with a winning record. OSU is in big trouble as well.
What does that have to do with anything? He was talking about their arenas.

And Minnesota simply making the NIT is a good start for them with the talent left over from Monson. We've got some good kids coming in next year, so hopefully they are ready to hit the ground running.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 01:04 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
well, Bill Walker going 0-14 didn't help.
I think Walker's issue is that he tries too hard to emulate Beasley when he certainly isn't. He forces up far too many shots when others are potentially open. He doesn't realize how much more selfish he is than the rest of the players. They really need to let the offense run through Beasley. It sort of reminds me of the Cavs and Lebron (pre-trade, anyway).

Well, good game by Texas. They're showing how much better they are without Durant and pretty much look like a #1 seed at this point.

Now I have... Duke against Ga Tech on Wednesday then Beasley against Kansas on Saturday to look forward to.
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 01:07 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Minnesota is definitely a sleeper team for the Big-10 next year along with Illinois. Both teams are young and fell to some bad luck at the end of a few games. I would be shocked to not see the Golden Gophers dancing next year. They are and have always been one of the classier programs in the Big-10 and I like to root for them in my spare time.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 09:51 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Minnesota is definitely a sleeper team for the Big-10 next year along with Illinois. Both teams are young and fell to some bad luck at the end of a few games. I would be shocked to not see the Golden Gophers dancing next year. They are and have always been one of the classier programs in the Big-10 and I like to root for them in my spare time.
Yeah the Gophers should have a pretty solid lineup next year with the new youngsters contributing off the bench

1 : Al Nolen (FR)
2 : Lawrence Westbrook (SO)
3 : Blake Hoffarber (FR)
4 : Damian Johnson (SO)
5 : Jonathan Williams (JR)

Then when Williams graduates insert Ralph Sampson III and the Gophers will be looking very strong for the '09-'10 campaign

Old 02-26-2008, 05:05 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah the Gophers should have a pretty solid lineup next year with the new youngsters contributing off the bench

1 : Al Nolen (FR)
2 : Lawrence Westbrook (SO)
3 : Blake Hoffarber (FR)
4 : Damian Johnson (SO)
5 : Jonathan Williams (JR)

Then when Williams graduates insert Ralph Sampson III and the Gophers will be looking very strong for the '09-'10 campaign

Jonathan Williams ewwww. I would be surprised if Ralph Sampson III or Colton Iverson doesnt start over him.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:01 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Vandy Tennessee right now. Should be a good game. Vandy seems like the sexy pick but I've got Tennessee.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:02 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Jonathan Williams ewwww. I would be surprised if Ralph Sampson III or Colton Iverson doesnt start over him.
Williams is better than Spencer Tollackson is this year

Old 02-26-2008, 08:04 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Williams is better than Spencer Tollackson is this year

That may be true, but I could also be better than Spencer Tollackson. Williams is a pretty good defender, but I dont think it quite makes up for him being a complete non factor on the other end of the court. He is much more suited as a spark off the bench imo.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:36 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ralph Sampson, Colton Iverson, and Devoe Joseph are all likely going to start from day one. Tubby is playing with scraps right now. Westbrook and Nolen are starter-worthy, Hoffs will probably play as the 6th man.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice win for UConn against Rutgers.

Adrien was a beast out there, setting a career high in points for him. Thabeet didn't score much at all, but he was blocking shots and rebounding really well, as usual. Adrien had 26 points and 10 rebounds, I believe - and he took that game over for us.

Price and Robinson had a great game too. Price was passing the ball (as usual) very well and Robinson was a force bringing down the boards.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:36 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
What does that have to do with anything? He was talking about their arenas.

And Minnesota simply making the NIT is a good start for them with the talent left over from Monson. We've got some good kids coming in next year, so hopefully they are ready to hit the ground running.
Look at what I quoted again...
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote