Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-23-2006, 04:35 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123
If OSU was shooting like th normally do they would be up by doube digits right now. Theyre geting a lot of good shots. People arent talking aout Conley enough he might be the quickest player in the Big Ten
You live by the 3, you die by the 3. Same can be said for a lot of teams. But the good ones realize that if they aren't shooting well from the outside, they go inside and get fouls and easy buckets.

It's what killed my Illini against Missouri, even though we won, we relied on the 3 too much. Same thing with Ohio State.

The Buckeyes are getting smacked tonight on all ends of the floor.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 04:48 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's clear that unless the Buckeyes are hot, their downfall is the lack of a deep bench. Florida hasn't outplayed them (until recently), they've just had fresher bodies. It's still not out of the question that they could make a championship run, but the Buckeyes are either going to need to play extremely smart, or just completely slow down the tempo against every team they play.
Old 12-23-2006, 04:56 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, just wow. Florida just flat out ass raped Ohio State in the 2nd Half.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just watched the Florida/OSU game. First game of Oden I got to see other than when he was in high school. He looked good for the most part. He had some nasty blocks (like against Noah), and was obviously a dominant rebounder and was able to find the hole pretty well. Also, he seems to be able to pass outta double teams quite well.

However, he has question marks. His stamina seems pathetic. He was literally dragging himself up the court after about 4-5 minutes of play. Maybe his conditioning is still down b/c he hasn't played for awhile. Anyways, it's not too big of a concern I guess w/all the elite strength and conditioning programs in the NBA. Also, how is his outside shot? He just put in dunks off of misses from what I saw. No real ability to create a shot for himself. Finally, I gotta question his defense. Sure, he's a great shot blocker, but Florida killed him w/ease on pick and rolls. He doesn't seem to have good lateral footwork.

Anyways, these are all teachable things, and he is still an elite physical prospect (but damn, he really does look like an older LeBron), so I have no doubt he will still go #1 overall.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 06:05 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namy
I just watched the Florida/OSU game. First game of Oden I got to see other than when he was in high school. He looked good for the most part. He had some nasty blocks (like against Noah), and was obviously a dominant rebounder and was able to find the hole pretty well. Also, he seems to be able to pass outta double teams quite well.

However, he has question marks. His stamina seems pathetic. He was literally dragging himself up the court after about 4-5 minutes of play. Maybe his conditioning is still down b/c he hasn't played for awhile. Anyways, it's not too big of a concern I guess w/all the elite strength and conditioning programs in the NBA. Also, how is his outside shot? He just put in dunks off of misses from what I saw. No real ability to create a shot for himself. Finally, I gotta question his defense. Sure, he's a great shot blocker, but Florida killed him w/ease on pick and rolls. He doesn't seem to have good lateral footwork.

Anyways, these are all teachable things, and he is still an elite physical prospect (but damn, he really does look like an older LeBron), so I have no doubt he will still go #1 overall.
I'm glad for people who watched this thing to see a couple of things. First off that Greg Oden is not God and he isn't guaranteed to go #1 overall especially the way Kevin Durant is playing and even Brandan Wright although inconsistent is lightyears ahead in his offensive game than Oden., I hope people actually saw that he does have many weaknesses something you can't spot just by reading a scouting report or watching highlights on ESPN. I'm also glad that people saw like I have been saying the past 2 years that Noah is a piece of trash and I wouldn't touch him in the top 25 picks, to think that people are labeling him a top 5 or top 3 pick just makes me laugh. Raptors should thank God that he didn't enter cause they would be crying right now if they took him. Like I said Noah=Etan Thomas+Anderson Varenjao at best.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 06:13 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now its just up to Florida's football team to do the same 8)
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 06:14 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and as far as I'm concerned, Michigan didn't even play today
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon
Quote:

I'm glad for people who watched this thing to see a couple of things. First off that Greg Oden is not God and he isn't guaranteed to go #1 overall especially the way Kevin Durant is playing and even Brandan Wright although inconsistent is lightyears ahead in his offensive game than Oden., I hope people actually saw that he does have many weaknesses something you can't spot just by reading a scouting report or watching highlights on ESPN. I'm also glad that people saw like I have been saying the past 2 years that Noah is a piece of trash and I wouldn't touch him in the top 25 picks, to think that people are labeling him a top 5 or top 3 pick just makes me laugh. Raptors should thank God that he didn't enter cause they would be crying right now if they took him. Like I said Noah=Etan Thomas+Anderson Varenjao at best.
Oden can't play offense right now, he can't flick his wrist. All he really has is dunks. I'm waiting to see what he has when completely healthy to see how he is. The fact that he may be at 60% of playing ability and dominated in a few aspects of the game is saying something.

That being said, his stamina was weak, he didn't rebound well, we'll see what happens.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 06:20 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93
Quote:
Quote:

Oden can't play offense right now, he can't flick his wrist. All he really has is dunks. I'm waiting to see what he has when completely healthy to see how he is. The fact that he may be at 60% of playing ability and dominated in a few aspects of the game is saying something.

That being said, his stamina was weak, he didn't rebound well, we'll see what happens.
Take my word for what it's worth but I watched about 2 dozen of his highschool games most when he was a junior but 3-4 from last year and he had 0 offensive game beyond 3 feet from the basket, when he did shoot it was pretty bad, that's why at ABCD camp 2 summers ago when the bigger Derrick Caracter he was dominated and couldn't buy a basket. The thing that worries me about him is that when he is pushed away from the rim by stronger guys he is lost in the offense, but still the raw potential is good and he probably will be the top pick and at worst the 3rd pick but I just think that people were too quick to jump the boat on the whole next best player since LeBron thing. He has so much learning to do and if he was smart would stay more than 1 year but that probably won't happen.

Old 12-23-2006, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Take my word for what it's worth but I watched about 2 dozen of his highschool games most when he was a junior but 3-4 from last year and he had 0 offensive game beyond 3 feet from the basket, when he did shoot it was pretty bad, that's why at ABCD camp 2 summers ago when the bigger Derrick Caracter he was dominated and couldn't buy a basket. The thing that worries me about him is that when he is pushed away from the rim by stronger guys he is lost in the offense, but still the raw potential is good and he probably will be the top pick and at worst the 3rd pick but I just think that people were too quick to jump the boat on the whole next best player since LeBron thing. He has so much learning to do and if he was smart would stay more than 1 year but that probably won't happen.
I wouldn't worry too much about it. Most NBA players are drafted on potential, and this guy has a lot of upside. Kobe, Tracy McGrady, Jermaine O'Neal, KG, and most recently Dwight Howard were stick figures coming into the league (Dwight Howard repped at 180 coming out of high school, which is just pathetic). The NBA has some of the best strengh and conditioning programs (so no need to worry about him being pushed around) as well as training programs to help him shoot better. It seems Oden is a willing learner, and that's all it will take.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh ghetto, I trust your B-ball knowledge more than I trust my eyes. I think he is raw at a lot of things, and why I'd only be slightly surprised if he stayed another year. The fact that he's come out and said he wants to stay all four years baffled me, but I guess it was supposed to make us happy. He's gone, and NBA teams really really want him. That's all I know.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 12-23-2006, 08:22 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Oh ghetto, I trust your B-ball knowledge more than I trust my eyes. I think he is raw at a lot of things, and why I'd only be slightly surprised if he stayed another year. The fact that he's come out and said he wants to stay all four years baffled me, but I guess it was supposed to make us happy. He's gone, and NBA teams really really want him. That's all I know.
Common knowledge says that he Durant, Wright and others will leave after a year but it always depends on the kid and their family's situation. I don't know what his situation is but if he wants to improve in college and get a degree more power to him, but the majority of young guys run when they see the money.

Old 12-23-2006, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Common knowledge says that he Durant, Wright and others will leave after a year but it always depends on the kid and their family's situation. I don't know what his situation is but if he wants to improve in college and get a degree more power to him, but the majority of young guys run when they see the money.
Oh yeah, trust me, Oden is #1 overall, with that money? He's going. That's why I don't understand why he would come out and say he wants to stay. I fully don't expect to have Oden here next year and to just use Koufos.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 12-23-2006, 08:26 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ok then Illinois is a top 20 team. Here I'll name 20 teams that are better than Duke IMO.

Wisky
OSU
Florida
Kansas
Alabama
Marquette
UNC
Georgia Tech
UCONN
LSU
Witchita State
Arizona
Maryland
Memphis
Texas A & M
Pittsburgh
UCLA
Memphis
Washington
Illinois
your reachin for the ones in bold, and u listed memphis twice.

it must have been a long day
How am I reaching on Illinois? How, seriously. We've lost 2 games due IMO to injuries and just bad luck. Duke has lost 1 game with a full squad.

Paulus and McRoberts are waaaay to inconsistent for my liking. You can't count on either one to play well every game. Nelson has been their consistent player this season but other than that, I just don't see it. Scheyer is a freshman who won't be able to carry the load. And they don't have a lot of depth. The lack a real inside presence as well. The jury is still out on Josh.

Illinois has battled injuries and bad luck all non-conference. Yet we've almost knocked off two ranked teams in Maryland and Arizona, two games that we should have won. We just beat a good Missouri team on Monday, and again our squad was not completely healthy. Warren Carter has played like an All-Big 10 player so far. Shaun Pruitt is slowly emerging as a low post threat. Chester Frazier has been very good, I thin he's top 10 in assists nationally. Jamar is a great offensive weapon off the bench. Brian Randle is an All-Big 10 caliber player when he's healthy, and he's shown signs of an outside shot already. Calvin Brock has been awesome so far, giving us a true 6th man off the bench. If Rich McBride can give us ANY production what so ever, we are going to be damn good. He's really struggled so far but I think he can put it together.

Trent Meacham gives us a solid PG off the bench and Marcus Arnold gives us decent minutes at the forward postion. One of our better freshman Semrau is gone for the season with a viral infection, he'll be really missed.

I will argue that Illinois is better team than Duke right here right now. We've IMO a tougher schedule so far this season and only have one more loss, not to mention the injuries. Maryland, Arizona, and Missouri against Marquette, Georgetown, and Gonazaga. I'd take the latter if I was making a schedule.

Btw how am I reaching on Marquette, they beat Duke by what was it 13?
Aight i watch every illinois game, and dude they are gonna be in trouble once they enter big ten play. They nearly gave away that Mizzouri game. I'd say OSU, Wisconsin, MSU, and MICHIGAN can beat you in the big ten.

Also Marquette got lucky, they are not good at all.
Dude the Missouri game is always close, it was even close 2 years ago when we went to the Final 4. Not sure what you're argument is there.

Yoda, we have yet to field a full and healthy team, you cannot judge us based on our wins and losses right now. Randle, Smith, Carter, Pruitt, and Frazier are all banged up.

Butler beat Gonzaga by more than you did and they're what 14th? And Zaga was playing better then.
Dude i'm sayin that was some awfully poor management late, if you do that against OSU, Wisky, MSU, or Michigan, you'll lose. Believe me i have seen Illinois play so i'm not blowin smoke
Ugh, do you people not realize that we are not healthy yet? Seriously, it's like beating a dead horse here. For christs sake *********** a. Go and watch the first half of the Arizona game, that's how good we can be, and again without 2 of our best players. We hung in there with a top 10 team in Arizona for 40 minutes withotu Randle and Smith.

Btw, and I'll say this again, THE 2004 TEAM BEAT MISSOURI BY SINGLE DIGITS AND WENT ON TO THE NATIONAL TITLE GAME. The game is always close. I'm going to use tt's argument, sure it was close, but we didn't lose. :roll:
Sounds like some1 is contradicting himself.

Sweetness=
thank you yoda. some one else sees sweetness ia a homer, and also a hypocrite by saying that we have duke homer glasses on when in reality he is the one wearing double illinios homer eyepatches.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 09:44 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Quote:
To answer the question earlier......

No, we are not a top 10 team, we are too up and down.

Yes, we are a top 15 team. Prolly, around 15ish, but we are.
Explain why please yoda, other than the 11-1 record. We have a 12-2 record and we aren't ranked. So what makes Duke a top 15 team?

Btw danman, how been them Wolverines, 40 points to UCLA! :shock:

I'm sorry but Michigan is not a better team then Illinois, period end of story.
Or UCLA is incredibly good. 23 turnovers will kill you. Michigan will sweep Illinois, mark it down
Old 12-23-2006, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Explain why please yoda, other than the 11-1 record. We have a 12-2 record and we aren't ranked. So what makes Duke a top 15 team?

Or UCLA is incredibly good. 23 turnovers will kill you. Michigan will sweep Illinois, mark it down
Yeah, they are pretty good. But you don't lose by fourty points and call your team "underrated." You guys got your asses kicked and you can't use the "but the other team is really good" excuse.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 12:26 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Just stop dude, please. It's laughable at this point. You have played a very weak non conference schedule and just lost by 40 points to the #1 team in the nation.

And again tt and other Duke fans, you call me a homer but you've...

A) Yet to say anything about my matchup post on Page 28

B) Provide any basis to why Duke is good besides their record

C) Yet to prove to me that you aren't a serious homer, even ttgs said a lot of teams were better than you

D) You've yet to answer my questions about how you feel about their ranking

Step up to the plate and say something besides them having only one loss.

Quote:
Old 12-24-2006, 12:51 AM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Just stop dude, please. It's laughable at this point. You have played a very weak non conference schedule and just lost by 40 points to the #1 team in the nation.

C) Yet to prove to me that you aren't a serious homer, even ttgs said a lot of teams were better than you

UCLA's not that great. My favorite team Kentucky almost won and they arent that great this year.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 12:58 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

UCLA's not that great. My favorite team Kentucky almost won and they arent that great this year.
And yet they beat Michigan by 40 points, maybe there's a connection between the 40 point disparity and Michigan not being too good this season. What the hell do I know though?

Quote:
Old 12-24-2006, 06:27 AM    (permalink

One to go.
Old 12-24-2006, 09:17 AM    (permalink
EHobbs27
Veteran

EHobbs27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Florida played really well against Ohio State. BUT I do feel that Florida will have trouble come March with a team that likes to run like a UNC or a Kansas. Florida is so much better when they force the game to be played in the half court because Horford and Noah are dominant. If the game is played faster and it is a run and gun type of game, you take out Horford and Noah.
Old 12-24-2006, 09:40 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by EHobbs27
Florida played really well against Ohio State. BUT I do feel that Florida will have trouble come March with a team that likes to run like a UNC or a Kansas. Florida is so much better when they force the game to be played in the half court because Horford and Noah are dominant. If the game is played faster and it is a run and gun type of game, you take out Horford and Noah.
Not really, athletic guys like Brewer and Green will get back on defense and will stop transition offense. And you can't say Hansborough and Brandan Wright are gonna beat Noah and Horford down the court, defense isn't a problem with Florida, and they will slow it down on offense and set up, still Flordia won't win the championship it's gonna be GTown.

Old 12-24-2006, 12:50 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

any other reason??? the only thing that matters in the rankings is your record.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 12-24-2006, 01:09 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

And we're 12-2 with 6 injuries this season (Chet, Jamar, Warren, Shaun, Semrau, and Randle. You're only argument is their record. Can you even make a legit argument about talent or is that too far out their for you?

I'd really like to see what you can do if you lost Nelson (IMO your best player and scorer if he had a groin injury), McRoberts (if he had a chipped bone in his hand), Paulus (if he had turf toe and foot problems), Scheyer (freshman if he had a severe viral infection), and Henderson (with an ankle injury). Not to mention one of your leaders getting suspended for 4 games.

Quote:
Old 12-24-2006, 01:42 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

And we're 12-2 with 6 injuries this season (Chet, Jamar, Warren, Shaun, Semrau, and Randle. You're only argument is their record. Can you even make a legit argument about talent or is that too far out their for you?

I'd really like to see what you can do if you lost Nelson (IMO your best player and scorer if he had a groin injury), McRoberts (if he had a chipped bone in his hand), Paulus (if he had turf toe and foot problems), Scheyer (freshman if he had a severe viral infection), and Henderson (with an ankle injury). Not to mention one of your leaders getting suspended for 4 games.
i could talk about talent all day, but the bottem line is production. and production is your record. What difference does talent make if you don't win?

they get smoked.