Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2006, 02:12 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Soldier Field
Posts: 19,366
Reputation: 71208
sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu
To answer the question earlier......

No, we are not a top 10 team, we are too up and down.

Yes, we are a top 15 team. Prolly, around 15ish, but we are.

Explain why please yoda, other than the 11-1 record. We have a 12-2 record and we aren't ranked. So what makes Duke a top 15 team?

Btw danman, how been them Wolverines, 40 points to UCLA! :shock:

I'm sorry but Michigan is not a better team then Illinois, period end of story.
Or UCLA is incredibly good. 23 turnovers will kill you. Michigan will sweep Illinois, mark it down
Just stop dude, please. It's laughable at this point. You have played a very weak non conference schedule and just lost by 40 points to the #1 team in the nation.

And again tt and other Duke fans, you call me a homer but you've...

A) Yet to say anything about my matchup post on Page 28

B) Provide any basis to why Duke is good besides their record

C) Yet to prove to me that you aren't a serious homer, even ttgs said a lot of teams were better than you

D) You've yet to answer my questions about how you feel about their ranking

Step up to the plate and say something besides them having only one loss.
any other reason??? the only thing that matters in the rankings is your record.
And we're 12-2 with 6 injuries this season (Chet, Jamar, Warren, Shaun, Semrau, and Randle. You're only argument is their record. Can you even make a legit argument about talent or is that too far out their for you?

I'd really like to see what you can do if you lost Nelson (IMO your best player and scorer if he had a groin injury), McRoberts (if he had a chipped bone in his hand), Paulus (if he had turf toe and foot problems), Scheyer (freshman if he had a severe viral infection), and Henderson (with an ankle injury). Not to mention one of your leaders getting suspended for 4 games.
i could talk about talent all day, but the bottem line is production. and production is your record. What difference does talent make if you don't win?
That's not the point of my argument. My argument is that we are a better team on paper and you disputed that. And with our injuries, I'd argue we've been just as productive as you. Kinda hard to win games when you've had a make shift lineup the entire season.
__________________


Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 02:35 PM    (permalink
danman253
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Sweetness please tell me something that is supposed to impress me about Illinopis at this point, because i don't see it...

Also you obviusly did not watch the game Michigan was in it until about 12 minutes left in the game.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:25 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Shoryuken
Posts: 13,735
Reputation: 406607
TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Sweetness please tell me something that is supposed to impress me about Illinopis at this point, because i don't see it...

Also you obviusly did not watch the game Michigan was in it until about 12 minutes left in the game.
no kidding. illinios is a joke.
__________________

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: "That's some catch, that Catch-22."
Posts: 7,121
Reputation: 33603
Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Sweetness please tell me something that is supposed to impress me about Illinopis at this point, because i don't see it...

Also you obviusly did not watch the game Michigan was in it until about 12 minutes left in the game.
So in the last 12 minutes UCLA went on a 40-0 scoring run? Or does "being in it" mean down by only ten or twenty points?
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:29 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Shoryuken
Posts: 13,735
Reputation: 406607
TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu
To answer the question earlier......

No, we are not a top 10 team, we are too up and down.

Yes, we are a top 15 team. Prolly, around 15ish, but we are.

Explain why please yoda, other than the 11-1 record. We have a 12-2 record and we aren't ranked. So what makes Duke a top 15 team?

Btw danman, how been them Wolverines, 40 points to UCLA! :shock:

I'm sorry but Michigan is not a better team then Illinois, period end of story.
Or UCLA is incredibly good. 23 turnovers will kill you. Michigan will sweep Illinois, mark it down
Just stop dude, please. It's laughable at this point. You have played a very weak non conference schedule and just lost by 40 points to the #1 team in the nation.

And again tt and other Duke fans, you call me a homer but you've...

A) Yet to say anything about my matchup post on Page 28

B) Provide any basis to why Duke is good besides their record

C) Yet to prove to me that you aren't a serious homer, even ttgs said a lot of teams were better than you

D) You've yet to answer my questions about how you feel about their ranking

Step up to the plate and say something besides them having only one loss.
any other reason??? the only thing that matters in the rankings is your record.
And we're 12-2 with 6 injuries this season (Chet, Jamar, Warren, Shaun, Semrau, and Randle. You're only argument is their record. Can you even make a legit argument about talent or is that too far out their for you?

I'd really like to see what you can do if you lost Nelson (IMO your best player and scorer if he had a groin injury), McRoberts (if he had a chipped bone in his hand), Paulus (if he had turf toe and foot problems), Scheyer (freshman if he had a severe viral infection), and Henderson (with an ankle injury). Not to mention one of your leaders getting suspended for 4 games.
i could talk about talent all day, but the bottem line is production. and production is your record. What difference does talent make if you don't win?
That's not the point of my argument. My argument is that we are a better team on paper and you disputed that. And with our injuries, I'd argue we've been just as productive as you. Kinda hard to win games when you've had a make shift lineup the entire season.
On paper? on paper? who gives a **** about on paper! You've been just as productive as duke??????????? duke has two top 25 wins, you have 0. duke has 1 loss you have 2. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
__________________

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:31 PM    (permalink
danman253
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston
Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Sweetness please tell me something that is supposed to impress me about Illinopis at this point, because i don't see it...

Also you obviusly did not watch the game Michigan was in it until about 12 minutes left in the game.
So in the last 12 minutes UCLA went on a 40-0 scoring run? Or does "being in it" mean down by only ten or twenty points?
They were down 15. Not exactly out of it.

So i guess you didn't watch it either, nice job.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: "That's some catch, that Catch-22."
Posts: 7,121
Reputation: 33603
Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston
Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Sweetness please tell me something that is supposed to impress me about Illinopis at this point, because i don't see it...

Also you obviusly did not watch the game Michigan was in it until about 12 minutes left in the game.
So in the last 12 minutes UCLA went on a 40-0 scoring run? Or does "being in it" mean down by only ten or twenty points?
They were down 15. Not exactly out of it.

So i guess you didn't watch it either, nice job.
Yeah, you lost, but at least you were down by only 15 points at one point in the game. That's a plus.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:34 PM    (permalink
danman253
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston
Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston
Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Sweetness please tell me something that is supposed to impress me about Illinopis at this point, because i don't see it...

Also you obviusly did not watch the game Michigan was in it until about 12 minutes left in the game.
So in the last 12 minutes UCLA went on a 40-0 scoring run? Or does "being in it" mean down by only ten or twenty points?
They were down 15. Not exactly out of it.

So i guess you didn't watch it either, nice job.
Yeah, you lost, but at least you were down by only 15 points at one point in the game. That's a plus.
For Michigan basketball it is :D
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:34 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Soldier Field
Posts: 19,366
Reputation: 71208
sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Sweetness please tell me something that is supposed to impress me about Illinopis at this point, because i don't see it...

Also you obviusly did not watch the game Michigan was in it until about 12 minutes left in the game.
The fact that we've had 6 injuries to start the season. 12-2 is pretty damn good for a makeshift team. And for the fact that we should have beaten Arizona in Phoenix without both Randle and Smith, and while Pruitt had a chipped bone in his hand and while Frazier has a foot problem. I'd love to see Michigan cope with those kind of problems while losing Harris and Simms. Btw, what teams have you played this season that are worth a salt?

Hmm lemme check oh NC State and UCLA. You had a healthy squad and lost both games.

And btw, underrated teams don't get blown out by 40 teams, I'm sorry. It just doesn't happen.

But keep telling yourselves they're better than us. Sure anything can happen in a basketball game but the matchup just isn't there danman.

Ok here we go again with the matchup b/w us and Duke since none of the Duke fans want to step up to the plate and argue it.

Paulus vs Frazier - I'd take Frazier all day long. Read on page 28 to see why.

Nelson vs McBride - Nelson all day long.

Randle vs Scheyer - Randle all day long.

Carter vs McRoberts - Warren Carter has been a force all year, period. McRoberts is waaay to inconsistent.

Pruitt vs ? - Who is Duke's C anyway? I'll give you the C here for sympathy. Haha just kiddin. Pruitt has a lot of skill but he's also inconsistent. So I'll take Duke's guys.

Our bench vs your bench.

Jamar Smith, Calvin Brock, Trent Meacham, Brian Carlwell, and Marcus Arnold vs Henderson, McClure, (and whoever else they have).

Jamar Smith is one of the most talented offensive guards in the country shooting the ball. I see him as being a hybrid of JJ Redick who can drive the ball. Calvin Brock has been a great fine for our team this season and has done very well, been our MVP multiple times this season. The other 3 are solid guys who can produce off the bench. Not great but solid.

There, someone argue this with me please. I'll be waiting to counter-argue.
__________________


Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:35 PM    (permalink
danman253
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

We'll see what happens sweetness. But the fact is Illinois has not produced either, so don't go calling them a top 25 team when really they have not done anythign to merit it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:36 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Soldier Field
Posts: 19,366
Reputation: 71208
sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston
Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston
Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Sweetness please tell me something that is supposed to impress me about Illinopis at this point, because i don't see it...

Also you obviusly did not watch the game Michigan was in it until about 12 minutes left in the game.
So in the last 12 minutes UCLA went on a 40-0 scoring run? Or does "being in it" mean down by only ten or twenty points?
They were down 15. Not exactly out of it.

So i guess you didn't watch it either, nice job.
Yeah, you lost, but at least you were down by only 15 points at one point in the game. That's a plus.
For Michigan basketball it is :D
Oh so now you're back peddaling. A minute ago you said that Michigan was going to sweep us, us being a team that a majority of people have picked as the 3rd best team in the Big 10.
__________________


Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:38 PM    (permalink
danman253
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

How am i backpedaling. Michigan has not bee na great program. Playing tough for 3/4 against UCLA is good for us.

Sweetness, all you are saying is that Illinois is good xcept for the injured guys, but you assume they are gonna step in and tear it up? How does that work?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: "That's some catch, that Catch-22."
Posts: 7,121
Reputation: 33603
Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
How am i backpedaling. Michigan has not bee na great program. Playing tough for 3/4 against UCLA is good for us.

Sweetness, all you are saying is that Illinois is good xcept for the injured guys, but you assume they are gonna step in and tear it up? How does that work?
It's too bad that doesn't show up on the stat sheet...
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:42 PM    (permalink
killa3312
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 107
Reputation: 12
killa3312 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Simply put: when Florida plays like they did yesterday, nobody in the country is capable of beating them. The thing with Florida is, they're not a deep team, and they need all their players healthy to be a dominant team, but boy, when they're healthy, it's a joy to watch. All of Florida's losses last year, and their two losses this season, have come when they've had players out. If anyone goes down, they're more than beatable, but when they have all their bodies in the lineup, they are a dominant team.

You can see Oden is going to be a special player, he's unbelievable defensively, but he does have his flaws. One main one being that he gets pushed around in the post by experienced and intelligent post players. Horford and Richard continually pushed him out of the paint yesterday and grabbed rebounds over him. He'll learn with time, and if he stays around another year, Ohio State becomes my favorite to win the title in '08.
killa3312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:45 PM    (permalink
danman253
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston
Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
How am i backpedaling. Michigan has not bee na great program. Playing tough for 3/4 against UCLA is good for us.

Sweetness, all you are saying is that Illinois is good xcept for the injured guys, but you assume they are gonna step in and tear it up? How does that work?
It's too bad that doesn't show up on the stat sheet...
And... Michigan is not a great team.

However Illinois is not that good either, and would lose by a lot to UCLA as well.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:46 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Soldier Field
Posts: 19,366
Reputation: 71208
sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
How am i backpedaling. Michigan has not bee na great program. Playing tough for 3/4 against UCLA is good for us.

Sweetness, all you are saying is that Illinois is good xcept for the injured guys, but you assume they are gonna step in and tear it up? How does that work?
You just said they'd beat us in a matchup, but then you say being down 15 points is Michigan Basketball. Something's gotta give there danman.

And btw, could someone please break down Illinois and tell me how they suck. Please. It's getting ridiculous to hear you guys talk crap and not back it up. Randle has stepped in and played well, so has Jamar, so has Chet, so has Warren Carter. It's a matter of we can't get all of our guys on the court at the same time. Jags says we suck, danman says we suck, tt says we suck but I've yet to hear any analysis.

And btw titletown, have you seen Illinois this season, if so break them down for me. That's right, break them down starting 5, bench, etc. I've broken down Duke for you many times, and all you've argued is records and production. I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about the matchup, as I have been.

Tell me how Duke is a top 10 team and tell me how Illinois sucks. If you can prove to me either of those to be true then I'll shut up, but if you can't I'm going to continue to say we're a better team on paper. Sure it doesn't mean much to be "better on paper" but if I had a pick b/w the two, I'd take Illinois. Maybe it's a homer statement, or maybe it's the fact that I've seen Duke 4 times this season, and I've watched my guys all year long and Duke has done nothing to open up my eyes. I've watched a fully healthy top 10 team struggle against Holy Cross and Kent State at Cameron.

Btw and MSU being in the top 25 is a joke too. Without Morgan, they're about as good as a low mid major .500 team.
__________________


Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: "That's some catch, that Catch-22."
Posts: 7,121
Reputation: 33603
Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston
Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
How am i backpedaling. Michigan has not bee na great program. Playing tough for 3/4 against UCLA is good for us.

Sweetness, all you are saying is that Illinois is good xcept for the injured guys, but you assume they are gonna step in and tear it up? How does that work?
It's too bad that doesn't show up on the stat sheet...
And... Michigan is not a great team.

However Illinois is not that good either, and would lose by a lot to UCLA as well.
So they're classified as an underrated bad team?
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:49 PM    (permalink
danman253
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston
Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston
Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
How am i backpedaling. Michigan has not bee na great program. Playing tough for 3/4 against UCLA is good for us.

Sweetness, all you are saying is that Illinois is good xcept for the injured guys, but you assume they are gonna step in and tear it up? How does that work?
It's too bad that doesn't show up on the stat sheet...
And... Michigan is not a great team.

However Illinois is not that good either, and would lose by a lot to UCLA as well.
So they're classified as an underrated bad team?

God you don't like reading do you?

When does me saying "Not a great team" make them bad.

Underrated. They are an above average team, but should still get a solid 17-18 wins this year.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:51 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Soldier Field
Posts: 19,366
Reputation: 71208
sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston
Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
How am i backpedaling. Michigan has not bee na great program. Playing tough for 3/4 against UCLA is good for us.

Sweetness, all you are saying is that Illinois is good xcept for the injured guys, but you assume they are gonna step in and tear it up? How does that work?
It's too bad that doesn't show up on the stat sheet...
Too bad they were down double digits almost the entire game. Playing tough and being in the game are two different things. And a 40 point victory doesn't happen on a fluke.

But not having 2 starters, having your PG banged up, and having your PF banged up and leading a #15 team in the nation for 3/4 of the game until the refs screw you over on fouls is underrated IMO.

Like I said, find me another team who's had as much crap happen to them as we have so far and then talk to me. Florida comes close with Brewer having Mono and Horford getting a bummed ankle but other than that, 12-2 for a team that's had this many injuries is damn good IMO.
__________________


Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:52 PM    (permalink
danman253
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Sweetness i have most of Illinois' games. Besides the Arizona game i really do not see anything to boast about, injuries or not.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:53 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Soldier Field
Posts: 19,366
Reputation: 71208
sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston
Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston
Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
How am i backpedaling. Michigan has not bee na great program. Playing tough for 3/4 against UCLA is good for us.

Sweetness, all you are saying is that Illinois is good xcept for the injured guys, but you assume they are gonna step in and tear it up? How does that work?
It's too bad that doesn't show up on the stat sheet...
And... Michigan is not a great team.

However Illinois is not that good either, and would lose by a lot to UCLA as well.
So they're classified as an underrated bad team?

God you don't like reading do you?

When does me saying "Not a great team" make them bad.

Underrated. They are an above average team, but should still get a solid 17-18 wins this year.
But they'll finish about 5th in the Conference. That's not being a homer, that's stating a likely fact. Hell Purdue has a shot to finish in front of you, as does Indiana.

I won't argue that they are a solid team but underrated? You're 12-2 off of a weaker non conference then us and you didn't have the injuries we have. Sure UCLA is a tough game, but playing the likes of Arizona, Missouri, Xavier, and Maryland trumps your non conference.
__________________


Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:57 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Soldier Field
Posts: 19,366
Reputation: 71208
sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu
To answer the question earlier......

No, we are not a top 10 team, we are too up and down.

Yes, we are a top 15 team. Prolly, around 15ish, but we are.

Explain why please yoda, other than the 11-1 record. We have a 12-2 record and we aren't ranked. So what makes Duke a top 15 team?

Btw danman, how been them Wolverines, 40 points to UCLA! :shock:

I'm sorry but Michigan is not a better team then Illinois, period end of story.
Or UCLA is incredibly good. 23 turnovers will kill you. Michigan will sweep Illinois, mark it down
Just stop dude, please. It's laughable at this point. You have played a very weak non conference schedule and just lost by 40 points to the #1 team in the nation.

And again tt and other Duke fans, you call me a homer but you've...

A) Yet to say anything about my matchup post on Page 28

B) Provide any basis to why Duke is good besides their record

C) Yet to prove to me that you aren't a serious homer, even ttgs said a lot of teams were better than you

D) You've yet to answer my questions about how you feel about their ranking

Step up to the plate and say something besides them having only one loss.
any other reason??? the only thing that matters in the rankings is your record.
And we're 12-2 with 6 injuries this season (Chet, Jamar, Warren, Shaun, Semrau, and Randle. You're only argument is their record. Can you even make a legit argument about talent or is that too far out their for you?

I'd really like to see what you can do if you lost Nelson (IMO your best player and scorer if he had a groin injury), McRoberts (if he had a chipped bone in his hand), Paulus (if he had turf toe and foot problems), Scheyer (freshman if he had a severe viral infection), and Henderson (with an ankle injury). Not to mention one of your leaders getting suspended for 4 games.
i could talk about talent all day, but the bottem line is production. and production is your record. What difference does talent make if you don't win?
That's not the point of my argument. My argument is that we are a better team on paper and you disputed that. And with our injuries, I'd argue we've been just as productive as you. Kinda hard to win games when you've had a make shift lineup the entire season.
On paper? on paper? who gives a *********** about on paper! You've been just as productive as duke??????????? duke has two top 25 wins, you have 0. duke has 1 loss you have 2. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Gonzaga is no longer in the top 25 anymore, and niether is Georgetown. Sure they were ranked when you played them but both are highly overrated.

Like I said, with our injuries and with the way we've played this non-conference, we've been just as good.

And I already said "on paper" didn't mean much, but you've yet to argue against me on that. So I'm guessing you think Illinois is a better team too.

The fact is you can't argue the other side here. You can't argue that Illinois is a bad team because you can't calculate injuries and you can't break down our team. I can break down Duke, and again no one has argued with me that Paulus and McRoberts are overrated, BECAUSE THEY ARE.

I know you have the better record, I can see that. But give me Illinois or Duke and I'd take Illinois. Why? Because we have a better "healthy" team from my point of view. If you don't agree, then argue my matchup post.
__________________


Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: "That's some catch, that Catch-22."
Posts: 7,121
Reputation: 33603
Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Ok, we all understand this arguement, Illinois is injured, and Duke has a good record. Obviously neither side is going to be moved. Let's argue about Florida. Best team in the NCAA?
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:59 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Soldier Field
Posts: 19,366
Reputation: 71208
sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Sweetness please tell me something that is supposed to impress me about Illinopis at this point, because i don't see it...

Also you obviusly did not watch the game Michigan was in it until about 12 minutes left in the game.
no kidding. illinios is a joke.
*sweetness puts gun to head, and pulls trigger*

Argue this. Please, because you've yet to argue it without saying we suck. Break down our team or your opinion holds no water to me.

You too danman, and jags.
__________________


Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 04:01 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Soldier Field
Posts: 19,366
Reputation: 71208
sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston
Ok, we all understand this arguement, Illinois is injured, and Duke has a good record. Obviously neither side is going to be moved. Let's argue about Florida. Best team in the NCAA?
No, not right now. UCLA is playing the best. Talent wise? Hmmm well it's a toss up with Florida, Ohio State, UNC, and Kansas.

UCLA looks to be the best coached and the've looked the most consistent.

Florida has been up and down so far. Sure when they play very well no one can beat them IMO, but that's if they play well. Remember they did lose to an inconsistent Kansas team on a neutral court, a Kansas team that lost to both DePaul and Oral Roberts (and OR was at home).
__________________


Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.