Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-25-2008, 09:06 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

umass down 22 at haltime and come back wow
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:07 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this was an awesome game wow
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
Oh and for all of you who profess Bo Ryan to be one of the greatest coaches in the game...Here's a fun fact: He's never beaten better than a #9 seed in the tourney
Yes, thats a legitimate fact but when you look into the situations of each year he's been at Wisconsin you get a better picture of what he's accomplished as a coach. Here's the general breakdown:

Year---------Wisconsin Seed---------Final Opponent Seed
2002---------------8-------------------------1*
2003---------------5-------------------------1
2004---------------6-------------------------3
2005---------------6-------------------------1*
2006---------------8-------------------------9
2007---------------2-------------------------7

*Notes final opponent was National Champion

As you can see, we did get upset in both '01 and '07 (last year particularly sucked) but that happens to all teams at one time or the other and one year out of six isn't terrible, at least in my mind. Three other times we lost it has been to a number one seed, with two of those come from the national champs. Sure, in order to get further on in the tournament we have often taken on lower seeds who upset their prior opponent but that doesn't mean they are less of an opponent. Plus, its just the hand that we are given, it doesn't make Bo any less of a coach. Either way, I think Bo deserves a good amount of respect for all he has done in the coaching world so far.

Last edited by Twiddler : 03-25-2008 at 11:49 PM.
Twiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:49 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post
maybe huggins tries to re-recruit him?(if he did recruit him the first time)
I think he was involved in his recruitment, although I could be wrong. That said, I could see Huggins look again. Size is awful hard to pass up. But first, Bennett has to, um, be good basically.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:10 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
I think he was involved in his recruitment, although I could be wrong. That said, I could see Huggins look again. Size is awful hard to pass up. But first, Bennett has to, um, be good basically.
look what he did do alexander; kid avg 10 pts last year; didnt score in the nit champ

NEVER posted up in his life

hes been a star since mid-feb

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 01:16 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
i hate to tell you this but TENN is going to lose to my team Louisville.
Yeah, probably. If they win I'll be happy cause they are my team but I fully expect them to crap out on me again since they've never made the elite 8. Thus the reason why I have Louisville beating UT in my bracket.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 01:17 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha. Derozan did the Dwight Howard. That crowd was horrible though. Poor showing, Milwaukee.
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 10:20 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you flip to ESPN right now you'll see the best basketball played on the Bucks court all year.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:21 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
If you flip to ESPN right now you'll see the best basketball played on the Bucks court all year.
Some of the worst fans ever, though.

But Brandon Jennings is nasty.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:30 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UNC over WSU
Louisville over Tennessee

Kansas over Nova
Wisconsin over Davidson

Michigan State over Memphis
Texas over Stanford

UCLA over Western Kentucky
West Virginia over Xavier

UNC over Louisville
Kansas over Wisconsin
Michigan State over Texas
UCLA over West Virginia

Kansas over UNC
UCLA over Michigan State

Kansas over UCLA
Old 03-26-2008, 11:53 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

so derrick character just declared for the NBA draft, what an idiot.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:00 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn Arizona gets a PG who I think is better than Derrick Rose. Hopefully Bayless and Buddinger are smart and decide to declare for the draft.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Arizona SHOULD give UCLA a run for the Pac 10 title if those guys stay.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:46 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
Arizona SHOULD give UCLA a run for the Pac 10 title if those guys stay.

Yeah I might even make them the favorites

Bayless, Budinger, Jordan Hill, and Jennings would be nasty
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:50 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Damn Arizona gets a PG who I think is better than Derrick Rose. Hopefully Bayless and Buddinger are smart and decide to declare for the draft.
Ok first off;

Jennings is not better than Rose. Yes he's a very, very special talent but Derrick Rose is just flat out incredible, and once that jump shot becomes consistent, game over.

Derrick is a once in a lifetime PG prospect, oh ok once in a decade. Jennings has some amazing passing and dribbling abilities, I won't deny that but Derrick Rose is the best athlete I've ever seen live in person, he's incredibly explosive, he's got very good vision, his handles are sick, he has good court awareness, etc.

Derrick gets overshadowed by the talent on that Memphis roster but he's the glue that holds that team together. And I'd like to see him be more aggressive offensively. He defers to Roberts, Kemp, Anderson, and Dorsey a lot, but he's got the ability to take a game over by himself. He was the reason Memphis even had as hot at beating Tennessee in the regular season.

I think Budinger and Bayless are gone though, Chase has a chance of coming back because he kind of had a "down" season but Jerryd is a lottery pick right now, and his workouts will vault him into the top 5 IMO, or just outside.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:52 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Btw, the '08 class is mediocre this year. When Iman Shumpert and Mike Dunnigan are burger boys, you know there's something wrong with that class. I really like Jennings, Monroe, Holiday, Derozan, and the guy with the 3 names but it's not very deep as far as first year impact guys. It's a solid class but it won't touch this years. '09 is kind of the same way I think too, the '10 class though is loaded.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:54 AM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

david ebanks is considering wvu!!!

please, just meet with huggins; look what hes doin for alexander in his 1st year EVER playin the post

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 01:03 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Actually, I don't know if I'd disagree with that. As a pure prospect, Rose easily surpasses him. But honestly, as a pure point, I love what Jennings brings to the table in terms of court vision and handles. Rose has solid passing ability, but I don't really consider him elite in that regard. Now he's certainly willing to pass, but I'm not necessarily sure he's terribly amazing at creating. I do know though that my opinion on Rose is slightly different from what most here think of him.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:04 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Btw, the '08 class is mediocre this year. When Iman Shumpert and Mike Dunnigan are burger boys, you know there's something wrong with that class. I really like Jennings, Monroe, Holiday, Derozan, and the guy with the 3 names but it's not very deep as far as first year impact guys. It's a solid class but it won't touch this years. '09 is kind of the same way I think too, the '10 class though is loaded.

'10 class? Looking way ahead there sweetness lol.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 01:05 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
'10 class? Looking way ahead there sweetness lol.
Yessir. Richmond and Thomas are ridiculous. Plus we have 2 5 star prospects coming in the aforementioned Jereme Richmond and Luther's little brother Crandall Head. :D

Quote:
Old 03-27-2008, 01:06 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post
david ebanks is considering wvu!!!

please, just meet with huggins; look what hes doin for alexander in his 1st year EVER playin the post
You mean Devin? The former IU commit? If that's him I think it's a pretty good chance he's headed to slimeball Calipari and Memphis. Either that or Rutgers.

Quote:
Old 03-27-2008, 01:07 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

richmond is a headcase though.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:09 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
richmond is a headcase though.
He's a 16 year old kid who needs a reality check. He's very stubborn but he's not a "head case."

I do agree his attitude needs to be put in check though.

Quote:
Old 03-27-2008, 01:46 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

its three schools in three years. the kid needs to realize his potential and straighten up. but one thing i do like about him, is he hates to lose
Old 03-27-2008, 01:55 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

I don't know his case, but people should know that just because a basketball player has gone to several schools in a short span of time, it doesn't necessarily mean he had any character issues come into play.