Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-27-2008, 09:13 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post
he shot 44%

considering he scored 15 in the 2nd half, he played good
Good ole WVU edumacation...He played WELL

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
I hate Bruce Pearl, **** TENNESSEE!
Such Animosity. You must love my sig.

I picked Louisville in my brackets but I can't root against my team. Go Vols!
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:14 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post

He's a piece of slime for what he did to Illinois basketball. I hate him more than Sanctions.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:17 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Nice choke job by WVU.

If they made half of those free throws in the last minutes/overtime the game would have been over.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:17 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Sweetness is from the school of thought that if you are recruiting well, you must be a slimeball

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-27-2008, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
He's a piece of slime for what he did to Illinois basketball. I hate him more than Sanctions.
I know why you hate him. It's just hard to believe you have hard feelings over an incident that happened in the 80's. You probably weren't even in Kindergarten yet.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:20 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
Nice choke job by WVU.

If they made half of those free throws in the last minutes/overtime the game would have been over.
dont even half to mention it

coach hahn on the post game show is goin off; sayin we didnt play hard, took plays off, had a chance to finish in ot, etc

he is p*ssed

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:21 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
Sweetness is from the school of thought that if you are recruiting well, you must be a slimeball
Self and Pearl are slimeballs. The Deon Thomas controversy back in the 90's set Illinois back for years. Self lied to the fans, players and university, he trashed Champaign to get recruits, and there has been shady activity in regards to Rush, Chalmers, Collins, and Wright.

Matta recruits well and you don't hear me crying about him. Izzo recruits well, Coach K recruits well, Roy recruits well, Howland recruits well, and you haven't seen me bring them up.

So your train of thought is pretty off target, but it's cool.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:22 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
I know why you hate him. It's just hard to believe you have hard feelings over an incident that happened in the 80's. You probably weren't even in Kindergarten yet.
He makes himself out to be a victim in interviews about it, and he's the one who keeps bringing it back up. He's put on a pretty good front so far at Tennessee but he's slime through and through, and sooner or later the cream will come to the top.

Quote:
Old 03-27-2008, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He makes himself out to be a victim in interviews about it, and he's the one who keeps bringing it back up. He's put on a pretty good front so far at Tennessee but he's slime through and through, and sooner or later the cream will come to the top.
uh-huh....
Old 03-27-2008, 09:27 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
he shot 44%

considering he scored 15 in the 2nd half, he played good
If we want to look at the statistics, he had a fairly decent game. But I don't know how you could say he wasn't a detriment for a good portion of the game if you were watching it.
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Here comes the desperation 3's from Lofton that we don't need yet.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:29 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Self and Pearl are slimeballs. The Deon Thomas controversy back in the 90's set Illinois back for years. Self lied to the fans, players and university, he trashed Champaign to get recruits, and there has been shady activity in regards to Rush, Chalmers, Collins, and Wright.

Matta recruits well and you don't hear me crying about him. Izzo recruits well, Coach K recruits well, Roy recruits well, Howland recruits well, and you haven't seen me bring them up.

So your train of thought is pretty off target, but it's cool.
Again, you never brought evidence besides OMG Rush couldn't get into Illinois, therefore Self is a slimeball...You simply stated that Collins changed his decision, that never happens at all in recruiting, right? Oh God, Self hired Chalmers' Dad, he's such a slimeball...I guarantee that once Chalmers leaves, Ronnie will still be here...He's very well-qualified...And you evidence about Wright's recruitment is, well, sketchy at best...Oh and I was being factitious about my previous statement, but whatever

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-27-2008, 09:30 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
If we want to look at the statistics, he had a fairly decent game. But I don't know how you could say he wasn't a detriment for a good portion of the game if you were watching it.
15 points in the 2nd, and played great then

he helped us stay in the game

our starting senior pg did nothing

as soon as alexander went out, the team folded

im still trying to figure out how duncan has 4 fouls with 12 min remaining, and doesnt foul out

cred 2 BoneKrusher
Old 03-27-2008, 09:36 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Rush didn't have the core scores to get into Illinois, and from what I was hearing his grades weren't looking good for Kansas either. Self lowered the bar to get Brandon in, and it was reflected in his freshman year of classes.

Hiring on a guys dad to get a recruit is slimy as hell. We did the same thing with Wayne McClain to get guys like Frank Williams, Marcus Griffin, and Sergio McClain and I hated that. Wayne needs to go, and I was pretty pissed at Krueger for hiring him to land those 3 guys.

Sampson did the same thing to get Gordon. Hiring on a family member or coach to get a recruit is slimy, and I'll be the first to admit hiring McClain on to our staff was slimy, although he's pretty worthless right now.

Again, I've talked to people from Chicago about Wright's recruitment and they've all said the same thing. And his comments at the draft really made me scratch my head.

Self I know for a fact called Champaign a racist town to Wright, he negatively recruited against Illinois after he left and he lied to players, coaches, and the university before he jumped ship.

Quote:
Old 03-27-2008, 09:43 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

what would guys rather have:

conference championship

of

sweet 16/elite 8 appearance

cred 2 BoneKrusher
Old 03-27-2008, 09:43 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Rush didn't have the core scores to get into Illinois, and from what I was hearing his grades weren't looking good for Kansas either. Self lowered the bar to get Brandon in, and it was reflected in his freshman year of classes.

Hiring on a guys dad to get a recruit is slimy as hell. We did the same thing with Wayne McClain to get guys like Frank Williams, Marcus Griffin, and Sergio McClain and I hated that. Wayne needs to go, and I was pretty pissed at Krueger for hiring him to land those 3 guys.

Sampson did the same thing to get Gordon. Hiring on a family member or coach to get a recruit is slimy, and I'll be the first to admit hiring McClain on to our staff was slimy, although he's pretty worthless right now.

Again, I've talked to people from Chicago about Wright's recruitment and they've all said the same thing. And his comments at the draft really made me scratch my head.

Self I know for a fact called Champaign a racist town to Wright, he negatively recruited against Illinois after he left and he lied to players, coaches, and the university before he jumped ship.
Is hiring Ronnie Chalmers the classiest thing to do in the world? No. But I resent that move being slimey.

But how the hell do you know what Rush's grades are? The fact is you don't...It's all hear say, and again, I'll reiterate that it is much easier to get into Kansas than Illinois...Also, the ACT score is much more important to Kansas...all you need is a specific ACT score, and you automatically get in.

Again, you have ZERO solid evidence on any of these guys including Wright, get some hard evidence, and then I'll buy it

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-27-2008, 09:49 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Louisville. If they are consistent, and if they win obviously, I think it's gonna be a heck of a game against UNC. Of all the remaining teams, I feel like Louisivlle is the best equipped to challenge UNC if UNC is on (that is, if UNC is off, then certainly they could be beat).

Btw, I'm sure someone's mentioned it already, but Stephen Curry is a better Juan Dixon. To that extent, if he stays 4 years and improves his handle, I think he's got a better shot than Dixon to make it in the pros.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:50 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Oh and Sweetnees, Ronnie Chalmers was hired by Kansas over a year after Mario Chalmers committed to Kansas

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-27-2008, 09:50 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
15 points in the 2nd, and played great then

he helped us stay in the game

our starting senior pg did nothing

as soon as alexander went out, the team folded

im still trying to figure out how duncan has 4 fouls with 12 min remaining, and doesnt foul out
They wouldn't have been in that position had he either taken it at Duncan or actually given the ball up and let someone slash. As his first year (or half year, really) as a star, he seems to be struggling with the idea of being a legit go-to guy, ending up with him getting "in the zone" far too much and chucking up shots.
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:54 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
They wouldn't have been in that position had he either taken it at Duncan or actually given the ball up and let someone slash. As his first year (or half year, really) as a star, he seems to be struggling with the idea of being a legit go-to guy, ending up with him getting "in the zone" far too much and chucking up shots.
we tried to foul him out, but we dont really have a guy that can drive and finish; next year we do though, with truck bryant

and alexander is still a little mentally soft from the belien era

cred 2 BoneKrusher
Old 03-27-2008, 09:55 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tennessee is athletic and they play hard but man do they run one inefficient offense. I don't think they have any set plays lol.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 10:43 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

If I'm Pitino, I run back cuts, baseline cuts, and ghost cuts all day long on this team. They overplay the passing lanes (especially Smith) and they could smoke them. Tennessee is horrid off the ball defensively.

Quote:
Old 03-27-2008, 10:46 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know UT gets their points but man their half court offense is especially hard to watch today. Lofton is a great player but he jacks up some of the worst shots (granted, he makes a fair share of them lol).

This is exactly why I kept saying UT wouldn't do anything in the tournament. They have 9:30 to prove me wrong.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
what would guys rather have:

conference championship

of

sweet 16/elite 8 appearance
Conference championship. Who gives a flying **** if you make the Sweet 16, Elite Eight, Final Four or even the National Championship game if you don't win it? Oh wow School X has been to 47 Final Fours but has never won one. WHO THE **** CARES IF YOU DON'T WIN THE WHOLE DEAL?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote