Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-31-2008, 12:16 AM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Dick Enberg > Gus Johnson.
LMAO

Dick Enberg: "Oh, foul on the baseline." *pause* "Wait, looks like he was out of bounds, or did they call a foul?" *pause* "I guess they called him out of bounds."

That only happens about 30 times in each game Enberg calls.

Dude is senile anymore and he has the best seats in the house.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:03 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/rankin...1&seasonType=2

Essentially, we should have just had the Final Four in November.
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:33 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwillie26 View Post
LMAO

Dick Enberg: "Oh, foul on the baseline." *pause* "Wait, looks like he was out of bounds, or did they call a foul?" *pause* "I guess they called him out of bounds."

That only happens about 30 times in each game Enberg calls.

Dude is senile anymore and he has the best seats in the house.
30 times huh, sarcasm much? Dick is still one of the best in the bizz and he calls it like he sees it, Gus Johnson inputs his opinion too much for me.

Enberg may be old and senile but he's still class. I'll never forget when he announced our Elite 8 game against Arizona with Bilas...."Williams to tie it with a 3......HE DOES!"

Absolutely fantastic.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:36 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But in terms of a perfect combo, Raftery and Johnson would murder everyone. Gus is probably my 2nd favorite play by play guy, then Nance.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:45 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
30 times huh, sarcasm much? Dick is still one of the best in the bizz and he calls it like he sees it, Gus Johnson inputs his opinion too much for me.

Enberg may be old and senile but he's still class. I'll never forget when he announced our Elite 8 game against Arizona with Bilas...."Williams to tie it with a 3......HE DOES!"

Absolutely fantastic.
Actually no, that isn't being sarcastic.

Literally, watch how many wrong calls he makes in a game. It is unbelievable. I never really pay that close attention to the commentating, but with him it is almost too hard not to when he is constantly confusing you with missed calls.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:51 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwillie26 View Post
Actually no, that isn't being sarcastic.

Literally, watch how many wrong calls he makes in a game. It is unbelievable. I never really pay that close attention to the commentating, but with him it is almost too hard not to when he is constantly confusing you with missed calls.
I didn't notice them hardly at all during this year's tournament, in fact I was surprised at how good Enberg was at his age. He's still a class commentator and his non-bias is why I like him so much.

Quote:
Old 03-31-2008, 05:55 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AP named the All American Team, no seniors.

1st Team
Tyler Hansbrough
Michael Beasley
Kevin Love
DJ Augustin
Chris Douglas-Roberts

2nd Team
Luke Harangody
Roy Hibbert
Shan Foster
DJ White
Stephen Curry

3rd Team
Darren Collison
Chris Lofton
Derrick Rose
Eric Gordon
Brook Lopez

Drew Neitzel was the only preseason first team all american not to make any of the teams. Personally I think Lofton had no business being on this list.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 05:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roy Hibbert??? Are you kidding me?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 06:04 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Hibbert and Lofton seem a little out of place. I would make the case for someone like a Courtney Lee over Eric Gordon, but maybe I just hate on him too much.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Verne Lundquist is great at College Basketball and Football. Gus was a little off yesterday, sometimes he gets excited when nothing has happened. For example he built it up too much yesterday before Davidson got off that awful shot.

But yeah imagine him and Raftery together. CBS wouldn't do it cause it would be birdzerk.

"HAAH HAAAH!!" Gus

"Big Time ONIONS!!!!!!!!!" Bill

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:13 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Apparently Taylor King is going to transfer, which is kind of a shame. But oh well. We still need a legit Big.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:22 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Apparently Taylor King is going to transfer, which is kind of a shame. But oh well. We still need a legit Big.
Here is a link on that.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/vars...er-dei-st.html

Looks as if UCLA, USC, Gonzaga, and Villanova could be early favorites.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:39 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post

I would be happy if I were you. Taylor King is complete garbage.

And Hibbert is not an all american, but that's not as bad as Lofton being on the list. Thats just horrible.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:42 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

I just think it's a shame because I don't really like seeing players transfer from there, but it's not that big of a deal.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:42 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sean Sutton resings at OSU and now the Self rumors have started.Why does this crap always happen we we go to the FF
Old 04-01-2008, 03:51 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
Sean Sutton resings at OSU and now the Self rumors have started.Why does this crap always happen we we go to the FF
OK State should go after the other Sutton son who is at Oral Roberts

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 03:59 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
OK State should go after the other Sutton son who is at Oral Roberts
I doubt he wants it after the way OSU treated his brother plus it seems like for some reason OSU is trying to distance themselves from the Sutton regime
Old 04-01-2008, 04:02 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OSU will try to use some big time money to get a high profile coach that is already at a more prestious program...I don't think Self leaves, but I bet OSU will try to get another high profile coach.

But yeah TRich, this is annoying as hell...I thought OSU was classier than Dean Smith...

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
OSU will try to use some big time money to get a high profile coach that is already at a more prestious program...I don't think Self leaves, but I bet OSU will try to get another high profile coach.

But yeah TRich, this is annoying as hell...I thought OSU was classier than Dean Smith...
Go listen to what Jim Rome said about Kansas today and stop ******* crying about Roy Williams. We get it, you're mad he left Kansas. Ooooo boo hoo how could he leave our school for his alma mater and dream job ? Waaaah waaah waaah **** man get over it. Every one of your posts in this thread is either ZOMGZ KANSAS IZ DA GRATYST EVARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR or I HATE YOU ROY ZOMGZ U SUCKZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Jesus Christ let it go.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 04:50 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Go listen to what Jim Rome said about Kansas today and stop ******* crying about Roy Williams. We get it, you're mad he left Kansas. Ooooo boo hoo how could he leave our school for his alma mater and dream job ? Waaaah waaah waaah **** man get over it. Every one of your posts in this thread is either ZOMGZ KANSAS IZ DA GRATYST EVARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR or I HATE YOU ROY ZOMGZ U SUCKZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Jesus Christ let it go.
Exaggerate much? You know nothing about the situation, so please don't feel like you're qualified to comment on the subject...And do you seriously listen to Jim Rome...that's slightly depressing

It's not the fact that Roy left for his alma mater...It goes much deeper than that, so please, the next time you comment on a subject, please research before you make presumptous claims. Good day sir

And no, most of my posts do not claim that KU is the greatest ever, but it's nice to know that you're envious of KU and it's fans

And come on, it's unclassy to start Roy Williams to UNC Rumors and Bill Self to OSU rumors during the Final Four...No?

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Last edited by adschofield : 04-01-2008 at 04:53 PM.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 04:50 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tom Crean to be Indiana's next coach

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3324439

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 04:54 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Wow. Crean just couldn't wait to get out of Marquette. What a shame. Now I'll have to hate him.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Chris Lofton has no business being anywhere near that list of all-americans. His drop off this year and especially in the tournament really hurt us.

Glad to see Shan Foster made second team. Met him at a bowling alley last night through a friend and he seemed like a cool guy.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3329152

Mike Montgomery is now the coach of Cal. It sucks to be a Cardinal fan who saw the glory years that Montgomery brought and now he goes to their rival. I laughed.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 02:24 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Roderick Stewart of KU fractured his kneecap in an open practice today.Will have surgery when they get back to Lawerance