Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-17-2008, 04:44 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
He may have been a lottery pick, but for some reason people are saying he is not athletic enough to be a SG in the NBA. I just can't comprehend that statement at all.
I watch him play and I see a stronger Dwayne Wade. He's easily the best player in the Pac 10 this year.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
I watch him play and I see a stronger Dwayne Wade. He's easily the best player in the Pac 10 this year.
I like the Wade comparison, but Harden is a much better outside shooter. What I love most about him is his basketball IQ. He has created so many shots for himself and knows that if he can't get a shot, he will just drive and seems to draw a foul 95% of the time.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 04:49 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How awkward do you think the first practice of the year for Louisville will be with Derrick Character in uniform after his declaration statement of "I'm definately not coming back". Think he's going to try to play it off as if nothing happened?

Also, i posted this in the draft thread and it was ignored. What school do you think John Riek will go to now that he's pulled out of the draft? I hope he's smart enough to avoid choosing a major program that will keep him on the bench. If he has any hopes of playing in the NBA he needs to go to a school that will offer immediate playing time. I could see him going to a school like UMass or Rhode Island if he wants to stay near his current location in Mass.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How awkward do you think the first practice of the year for Louisville will be with Derrick Character in uniform after his declaration statement of "I'm definately not coming back". Think he's going to try to play it off as if nothing happened?

Also, i posted this in the draft thread and it was ignored. What school do you think John Riek will go to now that he's pulled out of the draft? I hope he's smart enough to avoid choosing a major program that will keep him on the bench. If he has any hopes of playing in the NBA he needs to go to a school that will offer immediate playing time. I could see him going to a school like UMass or Rhode Island if he wants to stay near his current location in Mass.
I could even see Riek going to UConn if he wants to stay close.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 06-17-2008, 05:03 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
I could even see Riek going to UConn if he wants to stay close.
UConn is in his top 5 but I feel he's way too raw to even think about contributing to that team. I mean he makes Hasheem Thabeet look like a polished player
Old 06-17-2008, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
UConn is in his top 5 but I feel he's way too raw to even think about contributing to that team. I mean he makes Hasheem Thabeet look like a polished player
I guess if he wants playing time than it would make more sense for him to go to UMass, but knowing that there is a good chance that Thabeet leaves after next year, he will be able to contribute the following season. Then again, being in college for a long period of time definitely isn't top-priority for Riek.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 06-17-2008, 05:11 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harden isn't like Wade at all. He's Roy all the way. I've been big on him for a while though and I think... fenikz knows, I've said he should be a top five lock for next year. It was smart of him to not declare though. Another year of college ball is going to make him infinitely better.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Harden isn't like Wade at all. He's Roy all the way. I've been big on him for a while though and I think... fenikz knows, I've said he should be a top five lock for next year. It was smart of him to not declare though. Another year of college ball is going to make him infinitely better.
Yeah, that Roy comparison is better. And I like the respect that Harden is getting out here. He is such a stud-muffin.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 06-22-2008, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im looking forward to next season. The Illini should be a bubble NCAA team, if we play up to our talent.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:06 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Derrick Caracter is transferring out of Louisville after being forced to withdraw from the draft with nobody guarenteeing him to be even a second round pick. There is no word yet on where he's planning to go. Pretty funny for a guy who was labeled the Next Big Thing as a high school freshman.
Old 06-22-2008, 01:06 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Derrick Caracter is transferring out of Louisville after being forced to withdraw from the draft with nobody guarenteeing him to be even a second round pick. There is no word yet on where he's planning to go. Pretty funny for a guy who was labeled the Next Big Thing as a high school freshman.
Good....I hate that guy

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 01:05 AM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol Brandon Jennings is playing in Europe next season after being academically ineligible

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=428024

that article says he might but I'm pretty sure he is ineligible now.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:07 AM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought playing in Europe for him was a choice, as he didn't like the one year in college rule. He thought he'd get better playing in Europe.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:41 AM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lute Olsen must be rolling in his grave right now knowing that his program has gone the tubes.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:02 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really? Jennings is going to Europe? They traditionally don't play their players for more than 20 minutes per game.
Old 07-12-2008, 11:15 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3483221

Lute Olson says he is no longer recruiting top-tier NBA prospects. he's sick of one and dones. Say goodbye to the Arizona that was a NCAA tourney regular.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3483221

Lute Olson says he is no longer recruiting top-tier NBA prospects. he's sick of one and dones. Say goodbye to the Arizona that was a NCAA tourney regular.
Lute Olson doesn't deserve to talk about what is right or wrong for these kids. I don't think it is all that right to take a year off for vacation while getting paid the entire time, then come back and blame your entire coaching staff for the poor season.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 07-12-2008, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lute Olson doesn't deserve to talk about what is right or wrong for these kids. I don't think it is all that right to take a year off for vacation while getting paid the entire time, then come back and blame your entire coaching staff for the poor season.
Like Coach K?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Like Coach K?
What Lute Olson did is far worse than anything I've seen in college basketball that isn't a federal crime.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 07-12-2008, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What Lute Olson did is far worse than anything I've seen in college basketball that isn't a federal crime.
K did the same thing in 94 or 95.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 01:43 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Didn't he have major back surgery? Besides Coach K says he feels responsible for the poor season and wants to add those 19 losses to his record but the school doesn't add them
Old 07-12-2008, 01:45 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
For far different reasons though ..
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 02:37 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Anyone have any word on where Derrick Caracter is transferring to?
Old 07-12-2008, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Byrd430
Veteran

Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hate that Speights declared...

Don't know where that puts Florida now...

Thanks BoneKrusher! The Sig King!
Byrd430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 11:52 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arizona has turned into a mess... Olsen has done a lot for him but it's time for them to move on.

Caracter is a bum, haven't heard anything on where he's heading. No major program I'm sure.

John Riek will never get qualified anywhere, he's just basically (at this point) going to spend the year getting ready for the draft again.

Jennings screwed himself going to Europe (if he got the scores to qualify at 'Zona anyway)... He'll never get near the endorsement dollars he would have if he was able to play in college that one year. He'll basically be forgotten about until the draft. Basically what I'm getting at is it's not going to start a trend.

Thad Matta is getting bashed hard lately. Koufus' coach in high school has been blasting him for trying to hold him back so he wouldn't enter the draft. Said he didn't use him well and that he wasn't looking out for his best interests. Then Trae Golden ('10 top 100 guy) decommits. I think people are starting to see that the man can recruit but that's about that.

Can't wait to watch UK next year. It'll be interesting to see how everyone develops. Patrick Patterson stands a good chance as an all-american. We've got a lot of new parts, it'll be interesting to see where this team goes. We're in with a lot of top guys in '09/'10/'11 so help is on the way.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote