Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-14-2008, 10:21 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
...I'd almost forgotten how fun college basketball is. Really right up there with almost any other sport, and March is absolutely fantastic.
Once it gets in to the meat of the season, yes, it is up there pretty close with college and pro football. It's far superior to the NBA. Not even a competition in my eyes.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:55 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arizona is a lost cause...so, I'll probably be following my local Lafayette Leopards a lot more this season. They're going to be awful also but, they actually signed a pretty good recruit for a change and it looks like he may start opening night. Should be the best Laffy player in years.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thabeet had a great opening game, as expected, against inferior competition.

23 points, 17 rebounds, 5 blocks and a steal.

Again, it was against lesser competition obviously but from what I saw it really looked like Thabeet's post moves and ability to get to the basket has vastly improved. Not to mention he looks much better shooting free throws as well.

Kemba Walker is going to be such a stud too. He moves incredibly fast on the floor. The speed in which he gets to the basket actually reminds me of watching Chris Paul go from casually dribbling the ball forward to exploding to the basket. Obviously he's no Chris Paul, but that's what his burst and explosion reminds me of.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:07 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Once it gets in to the meat of the season, yes, it is up there pretty close with college and pro football. It's far superior to the NBA. Not even a competition in my eyes.
I don't care much for college basketball, but I do agree that the NBA can be dull. The first three quarters are generally meaningless due to how fast a game changes. But the NBA is money in the playoffs, and in the fourth quarter.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I don't care much for college basketball, but I do agree that the NBA can be dull. The first three quarters are generally meaningless due to how fast a game changes. But the NBA is money in the playoffs, and in the fourth quarter.
i love watching the big college basketball games, say like Duke and NC, i dont know what sporting event is more exciting than that one. The fans are just going absolutely nuts and both teams are just so jacked that it makes for such an awesome game.
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:58 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyro_1014 View Post
i love watching the big college basketball games, say like Duke and NC, i dont know what sporting event is more exciting than that one. The fans are just going absolutely nuts and both teams are just so jacked that it makes for such an awesome game.
Yeah, being at a game is pretty awesome too. TV really fails to capture how into it the fans get. The NBA has improved and the last couple years (last year in particular) have been pretty good but I'll still take college.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 01:30 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Kentucky lost to VMI tonight.

Oh how the mighty have fallen...
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 03:09 AM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Yeah, being at a game is pretty awesome too. TV really fails to capture how into it the fans get. The NBA has improved and the last couple years (last year in particular) have been pretty good but I'll still take college.
yeah i could see that, if i could go to one sporting event i would have to say thats what i would pick. out of all athletic events i would go to Duke Vs. NC at Cameron Indoor over anything
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 08:16 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

woohoo!! RU won!

granted it was against Marist, and we won by 2, but still, we won!!! JR Inman, our stud senior was suspened IIRC and we won.

True freshman Mike Rosario dropped 17 points, while our Venezualen freshman Gregory Echenique had 11 points, 15 boards and 6 blocks.

and my man Harmony N'Diaye had 8 blocks. looks good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 08:24 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
woohoo!! RU won!

granted it was against Marist, and we won by 2, but still, we won!!! JR Inman, our stud senior was suspened IIRC and we won.

True freshman Mike Rosario dropped 17 points, while our Venezualen freshman Gregory Echenique had 11 points, 15 boards and 6 blocks.

and my man Harmony N'Diaye had 8 blocks. looks good!
...Rutgers is so horrible, Scottyboy. I shall look forward to UConn crushing you guys!

The Big East this year is going to be amazing in general though. Should be fun to watch.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:35 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
...Rutgers is so horrible, Scottyboy. I shall look forward to UConn crushing you guys!

The Big East this year is going to be amazing in general though. Should be fun to watch.
shut yo mouth! We've got a pretty nice young team right now. Do we play you at the RAC? if so, then I'm smellin upset!!!

and yea, if RU can be semi-competitive that'd be awesome. You know, like make the big east tourney this year...haha

but even just at the top, the big east is gonna be crazy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 11:48 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
shut yo mouth! We've got a pretty nice young team right now. Do we play you at the RAC? if so, then I'm smellin upset!!!

and yea, if RU can be semi-competitive that'd be awesome. You know, like make the big east tourney this year...haha
but even just at the top, the big east is gonna be crazy!
I dunno if that was a joke or not...hard to tell over the internet...but everybody makes the BE tourney this year. So if that's your only standard for semi-competitiveness then I can guarantee you that Rutgers will be semi-competitive this year.

Watched the Villanova game last night against Albany that they won 78-60. I'm not quite sure what to make of this team yet. Early on in the game the level of intensity, especially defensively was giving a clearly subpar Albany team fits. Corey Fisher drew an offensive foul just by being in a guys face that threw an elbow at him, and Albany was just throwing balls out of bounds and over guys' heads trying to make passes.

Around midway through the first half up by 15 or so the level of intensity dropped some, partially I think because we switched to man and weren't swarming to the ball to double guys and try to force turnovers (by the way, this zone defense doubling guys frequently becomes maddening when 'Nova actually plays good teams, because they just make two passes and nail an open three).

This is a team that could be more well balanced than people think though, both frontcourt starters Dante Cunninghamn and Antonio Pena played pretty well. Pena is not only our best back to the basket guy, but he's worked hard on putting the ball on the floor and getting to the hoop. Whether he'll have the same success doing so against good competition remains to be seen. Backcourt guys Reynolds, Stokes, and Fisher were all solid. Fisher's stroke from three looks much improved this year. What impressed me was we were up 16 at the half with Scottie scoreless.

Besides some of the defensive lapses, 'Nova tends to go through really sloppy stretches offensively which can be really frustrating as well. Not just missing shots but missing passes and turning the ball over. And the inconsistant defensive intensity hurt, although guys generally leave it out on the floor. Most of all Shane Clark and Dwayne Anderson being out really kills us because Dwayne's a starter and Shane is probably our 2nd guy off the bench so our rotation drops from 10 guys to 8. Frank Tchuisi played like half the game and in case it wasn't unclear there's a reason he only played at the end of blowouts last year. He hustles and grabs some rebounds and I hear he's a great leader and practice guy but...he's just not very good. So getting those guys back will help once we get into the Big East schedule. Should be an interesting year, hopefully we can build on the end of last year and don't have an awful five game stretch like we did in the middle of the season.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Arizona is a lost cause...so, I'll probably be following my local Lafayette Leopards a lot more this season. They're going to be awful also but, they actually signed a pretty good recruit for a change and it looks like he may start opening night. Should be the best Laffy player in years.
Hop onto the Arizona State Bandwagon!!!!!!!!!

James Harden is legit.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 11:47 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tennessee set a team record for assists in a game last night with 32. If our newcomers keep playing as well as they did last night, then we shouldn't miss Chris Lofton and Jujuan Smith too much.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Tennessee set a team record for assists in a game last night with 32. If our newcomers keep playing as well as they did last night, then we shouldn't miss Chris Lofton and Jujuan Smith too much.
Did you ever think you'd see the day when people are looking forward to Tennessee's basketball team?

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 11-16-2008, 12:11 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Did you ever think you'd see the day when people are looking forward to Tennessee's basketball team?
What are you talking about? It's not like we have a football team or anything. ;)

Just kidding. But yes, it is definitely quite impressive what Bruce Pearl has done at Tennessee with the mens basketball culture doing a complete 180.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:42 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post

I think I'm going to see UConn play when they come to Buffalo in a few weeks. We'll get crushed, but it's always fun to see the big teams come here. Temple is the game before that, could be another one to go see.
My boy Rodney Pierce is off to a good start, 21 points in as many minutes in the opener yesterday.
We have a pretty seasoned team and I think Titus Robinson can be really good for us in time. Hopefully they can do something in the conference this year.
[/my posting in this thread. Until we beat UConn.]
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 12:52 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've braced myself for another disappointing UK season...at least I get to watch Patrick Patterson.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
I've braced myself for another disappointing UK season...at least I get to watch Patrick Patterson.
It would be flippin' amazing if you guys beat UNC on Tuesday. Without Hansbrough, you got a chance.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 11-16-2008, 01:03 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
It would be flippin' amazing if you guys beat UNC on Tuesday. Without Hansbrough, you got a chance.
I was pretty confident up until I came home the other night and saw that we lost to VMI at home to open the season. I don't even know what the **** VMI stands for or where it is.
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was pretty confident up until I came home the other night and saw that we lost to VMI at home to open the season. I don't even know what the **** VMI stands for or where it is.
Virginia Military Institute.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Virginia Military Institute. I coached them in NCAA Hoops 2k7.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 11-16-2008, 01:04 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Well, ain't that just great.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:57 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Go Keydets!
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 02:01 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lafayette 1-0...take that Wagner! :)

Now for 8 straight losses. :(

They should be real solid in a few years but, right now are in the middle of a youth movement w/ only one senior and 11 FR/SO. Kind of sucks that Bucknell actually gets "real" recruits now that they've made a name for themselves in the national tourny.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote