Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-05-2008, 12:04 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn Texas didnt cover. Great game to watch though.

tjsunstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:23 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Collison is such an enigma. Really UCLA is such an enigma. They look weak, but they are still the class of the PAC-10 until someone dethrones them.
I'm eating crow. I expected Collison to fall flat on his face and lose playing time to Holiday and Lee. Everyone thought he was an idiot for returning and he may actually have been able to raise his draft stock. Granted conference play hasn't begun yet.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:44 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else get annoyed by how many dumb shots were taken this game? Great basketball at times and terrible at times. I saw more threes chucked up with 20 seconds or more left on the shot clock this game then I have my entire life.

Old 12-05-2008, 12:46 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Anyone else get annoyed by how many dumb shots were taken this game? Great basketball at times and terrible at times. I saw more threes chucked up with 20 seconds or more left on the shot clock this game then I have my entire life.
You have a game with AJ Abrams and Darren Collison. You really expected there not to be a ton of 3s? Abrams alone has attempted at least 7 3s in 5 of Texas' 7 games this year with a staggering 17 attempts in the Notre Dame loss
Old 12-05-2008, 12:47 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

I was impressed with Dwight Lewis of USC against Oklahoma. The guy showed the ability to hit every shot imaginable.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:53 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
You have a game with AJ Abrams and Darren Collison. You really expected there not to be a ton of 3s? Abrams alone has attempted at least 7 3s in 5 of Texas' 7 games this year with a staggering 17 attempts in the Notre Dame loss
Oh, I expected 3s. Just not as many forced ones. That goofy forward from UCLA who missed like 3 straight on three possesions at one point made me chuckle.

Old 12-05-2008, 12:55 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Oh, I expected 3s. Just not as many forced ones. That goofy forward from UCLA who missed like 3 straight on three possesions at one point made me chuckle.
Nikola Dragovic? That guy is the protypical Euro useless within 10 feet of the basket. The problem is he's pretty useless outside of that area too. That team needs a hustle big man like Mbah a Moute to go from Final Four team to National Championship contender
Old 12-05-2008, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nikola Dragovic? That guy is the protypical Euro useless within 10 feet of the basket. The problem is he's pretty useless outside of that area too. That team needs a hustle big man like Mbah a Moute to go from Final Four team to National Championship contender
I feel ashamed that UCLA does not scare me right now. I understand that they play great defense, but they don't have the legit scorers they had the past couple of years to create a quality offensive team.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:03 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
I feel ashamed that UCLA does not scare me right now. I understand that they play great defense, but they don't have the legit scorers they had the past couple of years to create a quality offensive team.
Yeah but they have the depth at guard to avoid late season fatigue down the stretch
Old 12-05-2008, 01:08 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah but they have the depth at guard to avoid late season fatigue down the stretch
I am just not coming away overly impressed with Jrue Holliday. Maybe my expectations are too high from the past PAC-10 freshman, but he was supposed to be a PAC-10 POY candidate, but he just seems inept on offense.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 12-05-2008, 02:41 AM    (permalink
khorn
Rookie

khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am just not coming away overly impressed with Jrue Holliday. Maybe my expectations are too high from the past PAC-10 freshman, but he was supposed to be a PAC-10 POY candidate, but he just seems inept on offense.
Agree 100% Holiday just did not impress much tonight, the guy inside, eboye(sp?) really impressed me with his hussle. Texas is a very good rebounding team and he was outfighting our bigs consistently, looks to be a good player, what classification is he. Collison has quicks on quicks but does chuck up unnecessary shots at times. Agree on Dragovic, I thought eventually he'd start knocking down some shots. Shipp really brought his A game in the 2nd half and almost won that game for UCLA. Good scrappy game and good win for an offensive-less Texas team. Looking forward to seeing both teams get better as the season goes on and eventually be 2 of the upper echelon teams at the end of the year. Maybe a rematch in March.
khorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:07 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
He is like only 5 or 6 games into his college career so we probably should cut him a little slack. Heck Demar DeRozan has been playing like a guy who wouldn't start in the WCC or the Big West let alone the Pac 10 but he's still being talked of as a top 5 pick.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:41 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
See that why I really don't think too highly of Abrams. His shot selection is terrible. Granted, I've only seen him play a handful of times, but every time I do see him he's a pure chucker.

Perhaps I don't like his game because I prefer more traditional guard play. Dish the rock over shooting. Whats he averaging an assist and a half per game?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 02:44 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Minnesota might have the easiest OOC schedule I've ever seen. We play Louisville. That's it. Even the ACC challenge was against celler-dweller Virginia. I'd argue that beating Eastern Washington (Big Sky favorite) by 21 points is our signature win so far. We could win 22-23 games and still not make the dance.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 05:04 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Minnesota might have the easiest OOC schedule I've ever seen. We play Louisville. That's it. Even the ACC challenge was against celler-dweller Virginia. I'd argue that beating Eastern Washington (Big Sky favorite) by 21 points is our signature win so far. We could win 22-23 games and still not make the dance.
Yeah I've noticed that. Generally Tubby (granted at UK) was good about scheduling a fairly tough OOC schedule.

I'm hoping if UK wins the two games this weekend (Miami and a cupcake) we will be ranked again.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
I thought Weber State was the favorite to win the Big Sky? Well anyway, I still like Minnesota and a lot of times for a 2nd-year coach it is tough to get the schedule you want right away.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 12-05-2008, 05:26 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
See that why I really don't think too highly of Abrams. His shot selection is terrible. Granted, I've only seen him play a handful of times, but every time I do see him he's a pure chucker.

Perhaps I don't like his game because I prefer more traditional guard play. Dish the rock over shooting. Whats he averaging an assist and a half per game?
I agree 100% with you. He's not even playing PG anymore they moved Justin Mason to PG.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:21 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Take a look at Illinois State first. They have an SOS of like 332. It is a joke.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 01:57 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Lawal is 1/3 from the field and 1/5 from the stripe. First time Ive seen this guy and Im not impressed one bit. Granted its only the end of the first half but he cant seem to hit anything.

Old 12-06-2008, 01:58 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

It bothers me that Utah puts the word Utah on the back of everyone's jersey instead of their name
Old 12-06-2008, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
It bothers me that Utah puts the word Utah on the back of everyone's jersey instead of their name
That's weird...

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 12-06-2008, 02:06 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
That's weird...
Yeah.

Speaking of Utah. I used to think Luke Neville was a 1st round prospect and now he looks destined to play overseas.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manny Harris is going to **** on Duke!!!!!
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 02:57 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Take a look at Villanova's OOC schedule. It's a joke. Jay Wright could have done much better. Texas is a good game and the Big Five games can be alright but even they aren't as good as they used to be. At least we play in the Big East, but we're not going to know what hit us when we play Texas on Tuesday. I don't think we've played anybody half as good as they are.
derza222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 02:59 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Manny Harris is going to **** on Duke!!!!!

You're up in the college baketball draft.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote