Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-24-2009, 06:14 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate playing Wisconsin. Because no matter how good you are on offense, they will lock down and make life miserable. Almost threw that game away at the end.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
I hate playing Wisconsin. Because no matter how good you are on offense, they will lock down and make life miserable. Almost threw that game away at the end.
That's why my 3 favorite teams outside of ASU are Wisconsin, Georgetown and Syracuse because they teach great fundamental defense.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Washington was leading UCLA 67-66 and then UW went on a 12-0 run to put the game away. Wow this team really sucks without Kevin Love/Arron afflalo.

Final Score UW 86 - UCLA 75.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 01-24-2009, 06:18 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
That's why my 3 favorite teams outside of ASU are Wisconsin, Georgetown and Syracuse because they teach great fundamental defense.
Well so does Weber, but Ryan's style is to lock down for 40 minutes on defense, limit possessions, and slow the game down. That flex offense is very well run though.

It's another reason Ryan doesn't go far in March. Their game doesn't translate over well to the other conferences plus the refs call it tighter in March than they do in the Big 10, which is known as a physical conference.

I think we let off the accelerator after we got up by 15 and you can't do that against a team like that.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Well so does Weber, but Ryan's style is to lock down for 40 minutes on defense, limit possessions, and slow the game down. That flex offense is very well run though.

It's another reason Ryan doesn't go far in March. Their game doesn't translate over well to the other conferences plus the refs call it tighter in March than they do in the Big 10, which is known as a physical conference.

I think we let off the accelerator after we got up by 15 and you can't do that against a team like that.
Bo Ryan really justs need 1 dynamic player to take over the offense (a la Arlando Tucker) and then the team can be very good lethal in March.

Also, Washington just took over 1st in the PAC-10 and will come down to the AZ schools next week, specifically playing ASU next Saturday.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 01-24-2009, 06:22 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Bo Ryan really justs need 1 dynamic player to take over the offense (a la Arlando Tucker) and then the team can be very good lethal in March.

Also, Washington just took over 1st in the PAC-10 and will come down to the AZ schools next week, specifically playing ASU next Saturday.
Well he had that "lethal weapon." He also had Taylor as well and I believe they didn't even reach the Sweet 16.

I don't remember what they did with Harris and Wilkinson.

Quote:
Old 01-24-2009, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Well he had that "lethal weapon." He also had Taylor as well and I believe they didn't even reach the Sweet 16.

I don't remember what they did with Harris and Wilkinson.
They made it to the sweet 16, but got a horrible pairing against the Greg Oden led Ohio State team. Can't blame them for just a crappy sweet 16 match-up.

And they almost did beat OSU a couple weeks earlier @ OSU.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 01-24-2009, 06:28 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

Quote:
James Harden is better than all of those players besides Griffen. God damn Blake Griffen is too good this year. =(

Sir I say sir, do you dare question the awesomeness of the great Jarvis?

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroomDawgs View Post
Sir I say sir, do you dare question the awesomeness of the great Jarvis?
If James Harden was to play Jarvis Varnado, the world would end out of the sheer greatness of both of them on the same court together.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 01-24-2009, 07:35 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UK 2nd in the nation in blocked shots, 3rd in FG% allowed defensively and we held Alabama to 29% today with 9 or 10 blocks. Takes a while for Gillispie to get his defenses going but man when they do they're just filthy.

Jarvis Varnardo with a block, that's weird.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGibril28 View Post
UConn looking to snap Notre Dame's 45-game home win streak tonight. Bob Knight the color man for the game, should be entertaining. If you don't remember, here's what Thabeet said in the beginning of the year.

"I played Luke Harangody and he was not tough"

Well Thabeet, Harangody went for 32 and 16 against you last year, so not sure what you meant by that comment. Anyway, if UConn's guards can play as well as they did against Villanova, the Huskies have a good chance.
Harangody is making Thabeet his ***** tonight. But both teams really aren't that great. Notre Dame is really, really bad without Harangody and UConn doesn't have a good post player. I am now content to saying Thabeet is not good defensively. He gets blocks because of his side, but any good big man with a post move owns his ass.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 01-24-2009, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Harangody is making Thabeet his ***** tonight. But both teams really aren't that great. Notre Dame is really, really bad without Harangody and UConn doesn't have a good post player. I am now content to saying Thabeet is not good defensively. He gets blocks because of his side, but any good big man with a post move owns his ass.
What the hell are you talking about TP? How is Harangody making Thabeet his ***** when they had Zeller defending him most of the game? Not to mention Thabeet completely shut Harangody down at the end of the game.

Thabeet is great defensively, sadly he is just too raw offensively. He really needs to work on his hands. I mean, compared to his freshman year when he couldn't catch the easiest of passes he's come a long way but if he can just grab some of those quick passes to him in the low post he would score 15 a game with ease.

Also, clearly you've never heard of Jeff Adrien who dominates the post despite being somewhat undersized at power forward. Double double machine.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:11 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would be nice if they made a "Player of the Year not named Blake Griffin" award.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Would be nice if they made a "Player of the Year not named Blake Griffin" award.
Yeah, Blake Griffin is clearly the POY if the season ended today and whoever votes against him is wrong in so many ways. The real question is who would be #2. I firmly believe it is James Harden, but mostly because I go to ASU.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 01-24-2009, 09:23 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

Nice win tonight, Jarvis was pretty beastly again and Ravern Johnson drained 5 threes tonight he was red-hot. Now we get a reeling Mississippi team at home, a tune up for the trip to Lexington

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 09:25 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah, Blake Griffin is clearly the POY if the season ended today and whoever votes against him is wrong in so many ways. The real question is who would be #2. I firmly believe it is James Harden, but mostly because I go to ASU.
lol and I believe it's Meeks.... Because, well, I'm a UK fan. Guy scored 27 today while he was face guarded the whole game. Can definitely take someone choosing Harden though, he doesn't get enough recognition.

And Croom, sure am glad we get you all at home this year. Certainly helps.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:02 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Davidson says hello

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:04 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think you find other teams that teach a lot better defense than Syracuse IMO

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
I think you find other teams that teach a lot better defense than Syracuse IMO
Boeheim has a really good match-up zone defense that he used to teach really well, but he's seemed to sort of suck at it the past few years. When they won their NC, that zone was a sick defense.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 01-25-2009, 10:59 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroomDawgs View Post
Hasheem Thabeet is one of the most overrated payers in College Basketball. He can't sniff Hansbrough, Griffen, harangody, or Varnado's game.
I think he actually regressed this year. Last year he could actually catch the ball and had the touch to make lay-ups. This year he can't even bring the ball up past his waist without it squirting out of hands. If he somehow manages to get a shot off, it slams against the backboard like a brick. He gets the ball right in front of the basket and dishes it out because he knows he can't score over 6'8" forwards.

It's really ******* frustrating to watch, but Adrien is a beast and Price, Dyson and Walker all come to play.

I think Dyson had more rebounds than Thabeet last night....

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post

I think Dyson had more rebounds than Thabeet last night....
No he didn't. Thabeet had 11, Dyson had 9.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 11:02 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He had more rebounds at one point....

but thanks statman.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 02:19 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
Davidson says hello
If you read my posts I say that changes in the Tourney. Because refs call games tighter and it affects how physical Wisconsin is on defense.

Btw, the Tucker/Taylor Wisconsin team lost to Ohio State? Umm don't think so.

They didn't even make the Sweet 16 that year, lost to UNLV. In fact they weren't even in the same region.

Quote:
Old 01-25-2009, 04:45 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

As much as it pains me to say, Louisville is easily playing as well as anyone in the country.

Sure wish Sosa didn't hit that prayer, a win at Louisville would've been sweet on UK's resume.

It will be ridiculous if Georgetown is ranked this week.

Last edited by PalmerToCJ : 01-25-2009 at 04:48 PM.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:10 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's a pretty bad loss for Georgetown. The Prudential Center isn't even that hard of a place to play. I was at the overtime Villanova game and there were points where us 'Nova fans were actually louder than the Seton Hall fans in attendance, and it wasn't like that was a blowout it was obviously a close game the whole way.
derza222 is online now   Reply With Quote