Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-25-2009, 09:28 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
If you read my posts I say that changes in the Tourney. Because refs call games tighter and it affects how physical Wisconsin is on defense.

Btw, the Tucker/Taylor Wisconsin team lost to Ohio State? Umm don't think so.

They didn't even make the Sweet 16 that year, lost to UNLV. In fact they weren't even in the same region.
Or Wisconsin's defense was just overrated by the fact that they dominated the sub-par Big 10 defensively...

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:34 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
Or Wisconsin's defense was just overrated by the fact that they dominated the sub-par Big 10 defensively...
um, sorry, no

it had alot more to do with a lack of offense

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:53 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some of the Big 10's perceived great play on defense is due to their take the air out of the ball offense. The Big 10 always dominates the PPG category but a better indication is FG% allowed. With that said, Bo Ryan can get a team to get down and play defense. It's just always bothered me that the B10 is looked at as a conference that plays great defense when as much as anything they just limit possessions, thus limiting scoring. I'm not saying it's a bad style of play (boring though) or that everyone in the league does it... Just generally, that's how those teams play.

Always puzzled me when Tubby was here he was hailed as having great defensive teams. While they were always good defensively, they weren't necessarily great.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:19 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
Wisconsin is a very good defensive team....in Big 10 play because they are allowed to play physical, that changes in March. I would consider Purdue to be a very overrated defensive team as they hack and foul all the time, but since they are given the "aggressive" label no one ever calls it in the Big 10.

I wouldn't be arguing with two guys who actually follow Big 10 Basketball on a consistent basis on this subject.

Ryan is a very good fundamentals coach but like I said, his teams don't usually fair well when they face other conferences. But they are a pain in the ass to play during the regular season. Refs aren't use to seeing their style of play so they perceive their defense as "fouling."

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:41 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pitino has had the same issue at Louisville. They roll into the tournament but the whistle gets tighter and they wind up getting in foul trouble, losing.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:51 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the Badgers style of play. I know most find it boring, but I find it just the opposite. I see a lot of Marquette games (and am even a bit of a fan) and they have the high powered offense and face others like them in the Big East. I find the Big Ten and more specifically Badgers to be much more entertaining. Eventhough it failed, the comeback attempt at the end of the Illinois game was great. The defense and fundamentals in the final two minutes to give a serious shot at winning was executed so well.

I just have a thing for defensive basketball. I find the NBA incredibly boring.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:24 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

You can have defense AND put up points.

Kansas last year is how a team should play. Score in transition, look to penetrate and score early in the shot clock... Play great defense (man to man). That's the way UK is heading in style of play and I love it, never thought our style of play bothered me until this year and I realized how much more fun it is to watch.

Regardless, if a team plays hard-smart basketball AND gets the W, that style of play is going to be fun. It's just as a fan of college basketball, the Big Ten provides some rough games to watch. I really like the Big 12 style of play.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:31 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone have the video of Chase Budinger getting his face stepped on?
Old 01-25-2009, 11:52 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
I think he actually regressed this year. Last year he could actually catch the ball and had the touch to make lay-ups. This year he can't even bring the ball up past his waist without it squirting out of hands. If he somehow manages to get a shot off, it slams against the backboard like a brick. He gets the ball right in front of the basket and dishes it out because he knows he can't score over 6'8" forwards.

It's really ******* frustrating to watch, but Adrien is a beast and Price, Dyson and Walker all come to play.

I think Dyson had more rebounds than Thabeet last night....
Adrien is a beast out there I like him more than Price on that team.

Hubert Davis hit on the head last night. "He brings the ball down past his waist. Thats one of the first thing a center is taught not to do! He'd have about 10 points at the half!"

I'd love to see him play hansbrough or Jarvis, because they'd dominate him. Harangody does well on him despite the fact he takes wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too many shots.

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:08 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroomDawgs View Post
Adrien is a beast out there I like him more than Price on that team.

Hubert Davis hit on the head last night. "He brings the ball down past his waist. Thats one of the first thing a center is taught not to do! He'd have about 10 points at the half!"

I'd love to see him play hansbrough or Jarvis, because they'd dominate him. Harangody does well on him despite the fact he takes wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too many shots.

Harangody shoots a good %, not sure why you think he shoots to much. 47% is fine, especially since he does shoot the occasional 15 footer and even threes sometimes.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:19 AM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Harangody shoots a good %, not sure why you think he shoots to much. 47% is fine, especially since he does shoot the occasional 15 footer and even threes sometimes.
Not saying he's a bad shooter, but they were also talking about it on gameday that he shot a whole lot on saturday, and took shots when he prolly shouldn't have and could have looked for Ayers, Zellner or Ayers.

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:39 AM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Anyone have the video of Chase Budinger getting his face stepped on?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIZcCZ1Y4ls

No excuse whatsoever for that kind of behavior.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:38 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Notre Dame and Georgetown still ranked in the ESPN/Coaches poll. What a joke.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:39 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIZcCZ1Y4ls

No excuse whatsoever for that kind of behavior.
It was pretty messed up how the guy was smiling and high-fiving his teammates as he left the court. He should get a pretty stiff suspension from the NCAA if he doesn't get one from the team itself IMO.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Notre Dame and Georgetown still ranked in the ESPN/Coaches poll. What a joke.
The funny thing is that Notre Dame is still ranked, but they have a chance of not even making the NCAA tourney!!!

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:37 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

These polls are absolutely ridiculous.

Georgetown, Notre Dame and Villanova are totally living on the Big East hype. In the coaches poll, all three are ranked over Washington and UK.

Villanova has as many losses as both UK/Washington, is ranked ahead of both and their best win is AT HOME VS TEMPLE (according to Pomeroy)!!! After that it's wins over Rhode Island and Seton Hall. Wow, what a resume they have. This Big East BS is ridiculous.

Washington has wins over Cleveland St., Oklahoma St., Stanford, USC and UCLA. All better than Villanova's best win.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:42 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't watch a lot of basketball but I always love beating those aggies in Stillwater.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still hate RPI more than the coaches and AP poll. RPI is the biggest load of **** ever. Just look at the RPI top-25 and tell me how 15-5 Siena is the 15th best team in the country.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 01-26-2009, 03:23 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
These polls are absolutely ridiculous.

Georgetown, Notre Dame and Villanova are totally living on the Big East hype. In the coaches poll, all three are ranked over Washington and UK.

Villanova has as many losses as both UK/Washington, is ranked ahead of both and their best win is AT HOME VS TEMPLE (according to Pomeroy)!!! After that it's wins over Rhode Island and Seton Hall. Wow, what a resume they have. This Big East BS is ridiculous.

Washington has wins over Cleveland St., Oklahoma St., Stanford, USC and UCLA. All better than Villanova's best win.
Villanova is overrated, but their losses are not bad at all. Three Big East losses, 2 on the road, all to top 10 teams, and the fourth to the 12th team in the country in Texas. The most they've lost by is 9 to Texas and they were there all game, 7 against Marquette on the road who is undefeated in the BE, 1 at home to Louisville in a very tight game, and 6 on the road to UConn who they played tight and has been very solid all year. The wins aren't all that impressive but they've either played very good teams close or they've beaten up on lesser opponents. So it's hard to get a read on the team. Their resume should be better as they get into the tougher portion of their BE schedule playing Pitt, Syracuse twice, Marquette, at West Virginia, and Georgetown. They should be able to pull out a couple of wins there and if not they don't make the tourney. But again it's hard to get a read on them because all 4 of their losses are close and to top 12 teams. They're also not clicking at all yet though the polls can't take that into account, and the fact that they're a very solid postseason team under Jay Wright probably helps them as well. That said, at this point until they get a legitimate win I'm not sure I think they should be in the top 25. But it's hard to judge given the teams they've lost to.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:58 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Notre Dame loses again, what a joke.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Notre Dame loses again, what a joke.
But it was to #8 Marquette. For that gritty performance by a mostly white team, I think we should move them up in the rankings.

Honestly, the only reason that I can see Notre Dame still in the polls is simply racism. There is really no other argument about it.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 01-26-2009, 10:29 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

It's the Big East advertising campaign that keeps them going.

8 weeks ago they were #13 at 6-2. Since they have gone 6-5 and are now ranked just 9 spots lower.

They're 8-7 in their last 15 and 2-5 in their last 7. This is the reason I call the Big East overrated.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
It's the Big East advertising campaign that keeps them going.

8 weeks ago they were #13 at 6-2. Since they have gone 6-5 and are now ranked just 9 spots lower.

They're 8-7 in their last 15 and 2-5 in their last 7. This is the reason I call the Big East overrated.
Yeah, the Big East will end up getting 9 teams, but only 1 or 2 will be in the Elite 8.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 01-26-2009, 10:39 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

LOL not to mention in both Sagarin and Pomeroy the Big East is ranked as the 3rd best conference, computers can't buy into the hype.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:45 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
LOL not to mention in both Sagarin and Pomeroy the Big East is ranked as the 3rd best conference, computers can't buy into the hype.
But they do have Georgetown ranked ahead of Kentucky.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote