Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-08-2009, 10:34 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Peefs View Post
I would still take Teague over McClinton.

Was happy of the way the Wolverines played at UConn today. Lead much of the 1st half and played very competitively the 2nd half. If only we could play like this on the road in Big 10 games.
Eh Teague is nice and has potential to be great but right now he's too much of a floater on the the court. McClinton is a pit bull who is just as good attacking the basket as he is shooting. Teague lacks that killer instinct and strength right now.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 12:07 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Assuming Minnesota gets in which they probably will with the schedule they have remaining, I can almost guarantee they lose in the first round. Our half court offense is pass it around the perimeter for 30 seconds then have someone go one on one and chuck up a prayer.
That sir, is Tubby ball. Doesn't matter how talented the players get so it's worth getting used to.

I don't mind a half court game at all or even when a team struggles to get points but man the standing around and not giving yourself a shot did get to me.

Man, I'm sure looking good for talking about how overrated Gtown and ND were. I will say Villanova is playing very well. No conference game is easy but they're taking care of business.

Conference basketball is really starting to show itself with some of the upsets that have been happening.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 02:16 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watch out for my New Mexico State team in years to come. We have the 3rd youngest team in the nation with our average college basketball experience being .70 years. We have 7 freshman and one upper classman that plays and he is a junior.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:35 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Illinois smashes Purdue...Whoot!

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
That sir, is Tubby ball. Doesn't matter how talented the players get so it's worth getting used to.

I don't mind a half court game at all or even when a team struggles to get points but man the standing around and not giving yourself a shot did get to me.

Man, I'm sure looking good for talking about how overrated Gtown and ND were. I will say Villanova is playing very well. No conference game is easy but they're taking care of business.

Conference basketball is really starting to show itself with some of the upsets that have been happening.
Yea, Billy G's system is so much better lol. With all that talent, they are severely underachieving. Patterson, Miller, Meeks, Stevenson, Liggins...Especially in such a weak conference.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 09:22 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Yea, Billy G's system is so much better lol. With all that talent, they are severely underachieving. Patterson, Miller, Meeks, Stevenson, Liggins...Especially in such a weak conference.
I watched Tubby win a championship, go undefeated in SEC play and have successful seasons here. I never said his offense is a bad thing, just god awfully boring.

And yes, it's fair to judge BCG on a 3 game stretch, very reasonable. Miller and Liggins are playing very much like freshman, they'll be fine in the long run, just struggling now. If Meeks and Patterson stay next year, we'll be a top 10 team. I'm patient.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:49 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Yeah 'Nova's been playing solid basketball recently. The key has been the consistency Dante Cunningham brings, last year we lived and died with Scottie and that didn't serve us so well. Generally somebody steps up, Reggie Redding, one of the Coreys, Dwayne Anderson is huge also. I haven't seen us play a good game for 40 minutes all year which is both good and bad, shows the potential for improvement but I don't think it's ever going to come. We'll see how the rest of the conference schedule goes, should be interesting. They're definitely doing better than they have been all year.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 09:57 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

If they win the Marquette game that would be pretty big given the rest of the schedule. Gotta say I'm impressed, didn't expect that out of them. I guess I can say I've been wrong once haha.

Is that game on ESPN?
Old 02-09-2009, 10:10 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kansas/Missouri is an intense finish!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:18 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Was just about to post the same thing. Very good game.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:30 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was a great one. Sweetness and his Bill Self hate in ...3...2.. :)

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:58 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If they win the Marquette game that would be pretty big given the rest of the schedule. Gotta say I'm impressed, didn't expect that out of them. I guess I can say I've been wrong once haha.

Is that game on ESPN?
Marquette game's on ESPN2 at 7:30. Wish I could go, I've got freakin class till 9 tonight. Not sure how well we match up with them, it's going to be a tough game of course. We'll see if they continue their cold streak or turn it around, and if we continue our hot streak or it comes to an end. The real reason the game is huge IMO is to see how the team has progressed in the last few months since the beginning of conference play, the two teams are very similar so it's a nice barometer.

It's also big for for conference tourney seeding. With 16 teams in the conference right now 1-4 get two byes and 5-8 get one bye. Since UConn, Pitt, and Louisville are basically locked in as top 4 seeds we need to leapfrog Marquette to get that top 4 seed instead of being in the 5-8.

I expect a hard fought game, nice to be in the Pavilion which provides us a bit of a home court advantage since it's a little louder in there. Should be rocking tonight. Really if either team gets an interior game established that can give them an edge, but I expect whoever has better guard play to win this one. Hopefully we stick around so I can see a good finish after class.

Rest of the schedule offers a lot of decent RPI teams but Notre Dame and Georgetown are really on the downswing and we already beat Providence. Syracuse and West Virginia on the road will be damn tough games, I think we can end the season on a pretty good upswing though. Hopefully there's no collapse like the middle of last year. Also hope we don't lose to the crappy conference teams bottom 2 in Rutgers and DePaul, we went 1-2 against them last year but both teams are worse this year IMO and we're playing better basketball.

Last edited by derza222 : 02-10-2009 at 02:02 PM.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 05:28 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ohio State back in the top 25 even without David Lighty. Can't wait to see this team when he gets back.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DeShawn Sims is a beast.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 06:22 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
DeShawn Sims is a beast.
If only we had a legitimate "big." I like DeShawn Sims, but he isn't a legit "big man." We probably have three or four more wins if we weren't so small.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
If only we had a legitimate "big." I like DeShawn Sims, but he isn't a legit "big man." We probably have three or four more wins if we weren't so small.
Hopefully Ben Cronin can eventually be that big guy. I'm not holding my breath though.

Michigan State's fans seem to have invaded Crisler.

LLP dicking around with the ball too much. Well done, Laval.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Michigan's offense is just brutal right now.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:44 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Laval Lucas-Perry is borderline useless.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Laval Lucas-Perry is borderline useless.
Zach Gibson is definitely useless. If he gets a fifth year, I'm going to choke a *****.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:03 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

lol... WTF 23-16 at half. No wonder you guys are complaining haha.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Corperryale can't buy a bucket tonight.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

1-6 from the line. Nice job guys.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:24 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

The Marquette-Villanova game is fun to watch.

UK-Florida in 36 minutes, if we don't turn this ship around I'll spend the rest of the night crying myself to sleep.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

3-19 from 3.

Holy. *******. ****.

WOO MICHIGAN FINALLY CRACKS 30!
Old 02-10-2009, 07:34 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

Well, this is probably the worst I've seen us play this season yet we are only down by five. If they can turn it on, you never know...