Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-21-2009, 03:10 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Davidson may not make the tourney, darn, NOT!!!!!!! Stephen Curry, tell me how my ass tastes.
They'll get in; the Southern Conference isn't tough at all

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 03:38 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
They'll get in; the Southern Conference isn't tough at all
Go College of Charleston!
Old 02-21-2009, 04:40 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Darius Miller is the man, been waiting for a game like this from him.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 05:52 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maryland beats UNC!

Huge win for the Terps and they took a big step towards making it into the tourney

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 05:58 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man Vasquez what a fricken baller. BTW Dave Neal owned Psycho T today!!!

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 06:00 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sherron Collins = BEAST
Old 02-21-2009, 07:52 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So for people who are big into college basketball recruiting, what are your impressions on the class of 2010? Who are your top prospects?

Here's mine:

1. Harrison Barnes SG/SF Iowa Projected Commit---Kansas
---I think he's going to be a great player and could actually stay a couple years in college. He seems to have a great attitude on and off the court, which could transcend very well into the NCAA. If he is a one and done player, he is a lottery pick.

2. Jared Sullinger PF Ohio Solid Verbal to Ohio State
---A lot of people don't realize how skilled Sullinger actually is with the ball. He's very smart on the court and knows how to get to the basket in so many ways. He's a little frail and could stand to add more muscle. (Believe me, I live about 10 miles away from him, I've seen him play, he needs more muscle, even though he's listed at 260) He should be an instant impact for the Buckeyes two years from now.

3. Brandon Knight PG Florida Projected Commit---Connecticut
---Extremely quick guard with a great overall game. He's developed immensely throughout high school and should be a great player in college and even in the NBA if he pursues at the right time.

4. Josh Smith PF/C Washington Projected Commit---Washington
---A very explosive player, who might have the biggest ceiling of any player in the class of 2010. He's a physical presence down low and is a tremendous shot blocker. He needs to polish his offensive game a little more before considered the #1 prospect.

5. Reggie Bullock SG North Carolina Solid Verbal to North Carolina
---A little frail, but most high school guards could stand to beef up a bit more. Bullock is extremely athletic though who can score from anywhere on the floor. He has a very underrated passing game and ball handling skills. He could be a serious contender for the #1 spot by the time he heads to Chapel Hill.

I'm tired of typing, so here's the rest of my Top 10

6. Josh Hairston SF Virginia Solid Verbal to Duke

7. DeShaun Thomas F Indiana Solid Verbal to Ohio State

8. Dominique Ferguson F Indiana Solid Verbal to Kentucky

9. Tristan Thompson F Canada Solid Verbal to Texas

10. Doron Lamb G New York Projected Commit---Louisville
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:10 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hoping UK can get in with Barnes, we've been involved from early on and he has interest there. Seems like at this point he'll either stay in Iowa or go to Duke IMO. Very excited about Ferguson.

We really need to add a solid SG in the '10 class. We're set at the front court and wing spots for several years just need to bring in an elite guard.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:36 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lance Stephenson was at the KU game today and from all reports had a great time.if we don't land Lance. Barnes is no consolation
Old 02-21-2009, 08:39 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Stephenson is a bit of a headcase, doesn't seem like he'd be a good fit with Self. He's made for Calipari.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:44 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I, personally think that Stephenson is overrated. Of all the times I've seen him, he is tremendously into the game for himself and looks as if he doesn't look at each opportunity to make the teams chances of winning better.

When I say that, I don't mean he is a competitor, because he is by all means, he just needs to understand that there are other ways to win the game besides scoring 30 a game. I guess flat out, he's a ball hog in the wrong situations.

Anyways, I think he ends up in Maryland, but it seems that he changes his top schools every week, so I'm probably wrong, as is everyone else who predicts it.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:24 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Stephenson is a bit of a headcase, doesn't seem like he'd be a good fit with Self. He's made for Calipari.
actually I read some quote from Lance that he said(I'm paraphrasing here) that he thopught Self coulf help him become a better player.i'll try to find the exact quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:34 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

At one point he called UK his leader, then didn't list them the next week. Not sure of our current involvement but I really don't think he would be a good fit here even though we need another scorer.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:52 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

Here is my Top 10 in the Class of 2009

1. Derrick Favors Power Forward Georgia Committed To Georgia Tech

2. John Wall Point Guard North Carolina Projected Commit to Baylor

3. Demarcus Cousins Power Forward Alabama Projected Commit to Memphis

4. Kenny Boynton Point Guard Florida Committed to Florida

5. John Henson Power Forward Florida Committed to North Carolina

6. Xavier Henry Shooting Guard Oklahoma Committed to Memphis

7. Avery Bradley Guard Washington Committed to Texas

8. Mouphtaou Yarou Foward Maryland Committed to Villanova

9. Abdul Gaddy Point Guard Washington Committed to Washington

10. Jordan Hamilton Power Forward Nevada Committed to Texas
Old 02-21-2009, 10:01 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

I'm sorry but I think John Wall is no doubt the top prospect next year. I think of Derrick Rose every time i watch him

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

If this Wall kid is from North Carolina why the hell would he go to Baylor?

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 11:27 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Word on the grapevine is John Wall is all about Memphis.

Grades could be a concern, something he wouldn't have to worry about at Memphis. He came out and said State probably doesn't have enough talent for him to go there, and that leaves Baylor who was only in it because they hired his AAU coach.

Kid is absolutely nuts - I saw him and C.J. Leslie live against Ryan Kelly (goes to my school)... I talk to a lot of the kids on our team and most of them say he's going to Memphis.

I think he's better than Derrick Rose at this point in his career. He's twice as athletic, he'll no doubt be in a dunk contest before his NBA time is done. Only thing I think he's lacking is a perimeter shot, and even then he can go on hot streaks. Made 4 in a row (out of 5) against us.

You wanna see some nasty highlights of Wall and Leslie, youtube "Ravenscroft Word of God"
sbh15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 11:28 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
If this Wall kid is from North Carolina why the hell would he go to Baylor?

They hired his AAU coach, their playing style fits him, etc.

BTW big time performance by Abrams at the end of that game, he came up huge after struggling most of the game although he is still pretty overrated.

Also if I had to guess Sidney's commitment it would be USC.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 11:33 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
Word on the grapevine is John Wall is all about Memphis.

Grades could be a concern, something he wouldn't have to worry about at Memphis. He came out and said State probably doesn't have enough talent for him to go there, and that leaves Baylor who was only in it because they hired his AAU coach.

Kid is absolutely nuts - I saw him and C.J. Leslie live against Ryan Kelly (goes to my school)... I talk to a lot of the kids on our team and most of them say he's going to Memphis.

I think he's better than Derrick Rose at this point in his career. He's twice as athletic, he'll no doubt be in a dunk contest before his NBA time is done. Only thing I think he's lacking is a perimeter shot, and even then he can go on hot streaks. Made 4 in a row (out of 5) against us.

You wanna see some nasty highlights of Wall and Leslie, youtube "Ravenscroft Word of God"

Memphis could be potentially sick next year. Xavier Henry is a stud and is already committed, and John Wall and Demarcus Cousins could be headed there as well.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 11:36 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Memphis could be potentially sick next year. Xavier Henry is a stud and is already committed, and John Wall and Demarcus Cousins could be headed there as well.
Well expect Wall and Cousins, I would think Tyreke would want to stay too. He'd get to play SG for a year which is his more natural position, make a Championship run, and become one of the nation's premier players with that talent around him.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:59 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if auburn could hit what is called a free throw they would of beat LSU in their house and then could of had a good chance at winning out for the rest of the season and maybe making the tournament but now they are probably going to contend in NIT. the SEC tourny is wide open its actually really bad.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:41 AM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
Well expect Wall and Cousins, I would think Tyreke would want to stay too. He'd get to play SG for a year which is his more natural position, make a Championship run, and become one of the nation's premier players with that talent around him.
I don't think that will happen because one of those two remaining players, whether it is Wall or Cousins will want their own team to lead into March or whenever.

I think Tyreke Evans is a one and done candidate anyways.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:16 AM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFLO View Post
I don't think that will happen because one of those two remaining players, whether it is Wall or Cousins will want their own team to lead into March or whenever.

I think Tyreke Evans is a one and done candidate anyways.
Cousins is a PF and Wall is a PG, why wouldn't the two top players at different positions want to play for the same team if they're both really interested in that team. John Wall wants talent around him because they'll make him look better to NBA scouts, I already said that.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:25 AM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

I'm going with John Wall to Kansas now.

I just saw the piece of Basketball Recruiting on OTL and I'm pretty sure John Wall said he wasn't going to commit to Baylor. He didn't say it plainly, but it was pretty obvious what he was implying.

Last edited by JFLO : 02-22-2009 at 09:32 AM.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:35 AM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFLO View Post
I'm going with John Wall to Kansas now.

I just saw the piece of Basketball Recruiting on OTL and I'm pretty sure John Wall said he wasn't going to commit to Baylor. He didn't say it plainly, but it was pretty obvious what he was implying.

...he's going to Memphis, there's really not much doubt in my mind.

He loves the idea of being the next Derrick Rose.