Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-25-2009, 08:15 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Villanova needs to get their **** together against DePaul. You can't lay an egg in a game like this that should be a lot easier than they're making it, and with Marquette's schedule they actually have a chance to get into the top 4 in the conference.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 08:24 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a UCONN fan, I was actually surprised on how well the Huskies played tonight. Without Dyson, I thought that the team would struggle against guys like McNeal, Matthews and James. Fortunately, the Huskies caught a break with James being injured, but I thought it would still be a tough battle.

I think this is going to go down as a very underrated win for the Huskies, because they showed a lot of depth and talent on the bench, especially for going up against such a heavily talented team when it comes to guard play.

At Pitt is going to be extremely tough though. Unless Blair somehow is still on his recent skid come that game, I don't see how Thabeet can overcome his strength down low. Can't wait for that game.
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 08:28 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

USC hits everything, we turn the ball over every time. I quit watching with over 10 minutes left, first time I've done that EVER.

Until we get a solid PG, we will struggle with being so inconsistent. I don't even know what to expect from this team anymore.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 09:13 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bad news bears for Marquette

looks like Dominic James is out for the remainder of the season due to surgery on his foot...

Marquette still has depth, but I'm not sure if they can fill that void, especially with the tournaments coming up shortly.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:23 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Dear god Nolan Smith hit a wall.

LOLOL
skinzzfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 09:24 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nolan Smith just got broke in half.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:29 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Texas should be embarrassed if they can't take down Tech tonight. Damian James has been such a disappointment this season.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:45 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Nolan Smith just got broke in half.
That's what he gets for going to Oak Hill and not going to Maryland. Even worse, Duke.
skinzzfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:51 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

Arizona State at Washington tonight

I'm taking Washington with Brockman having a huge performance, around 25 and 10

Arizona State only has one solid rebounder, not to mention, Isaiah Thomas and Dentmon will be all over Harden.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:22 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
And if Illinois plays like they did against Mizzou we will be a top 15 team. If, if, if. Kansas is not a top 15 team. Any team with some talent can say, "well if we come together we'll be really good." It's not likely Kansas will be a top 15 team and I think the reason is Sherron Collins. I guarantee I'll get blasted for this but until he becomes a pass first PG and more of a playmaker, you're not going to reach your potential.

When your PG with as much talent as Sherron has is shooting 42% from the floor and only 5 assists a game on a roster with guys around him who can play, that's a problem. Sherron was selfish back in High School and it looks like things haven't changed....A 2:1 turnover ratio is pathetic for a kid with his ability. Chester Frazier is outplaying Collins this year, and that's bad. I love Chet but c'mon...Chester Frazier may be the most offensively challenged guard in the Big 10 and he's out shooting Collins who is known for his ability to score.
Let's see...Kansas is a top 15 team and Sherron just carried the team to a victory over the #3 team in the nation...

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:30 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Texas should be embarrassed if they can't take down Tech tonight. Damian James has been such a disappointment this season.
I don't know how you can say that, IMO and I'm not a longhorn fan like you but Damion James is the best player on that team, and is one of my top 10 NBA prospects. First off he is your best rebounder and only consistent rebounder. He is also your best defender. He sacrifices a lot by guarding bigs most of the time. Second he is your 2nd most reliable scorer on the team. He has improved his shooting a lot and still can finish inside, love how he hits the offensive glass. His skills are still raw but he is easily your best team player and doesn't always chuck up shots. I'd say James is your most consistent player. Everyone loves Abrams but he's such a chucker. Hot or cold, he can really help your team or pull them down. Beyond scoring he provides nothing. Physically weak on defense and his inability to run point in the early season is why you lost so many games. Dexter Pittman has improved a lot and is good in spurts but his fat ass can't stay on the court for more than 5 minute increments max. Gary Johnson is just a strange player. His strengths are inside and being tough yet he consistently takes awful mid range shots when he should be attacking the basket. Balbay has come off of late and could be your future solution at PG, I love how he penetrates and kicks but he is still too one dimensional of a player and needs a jump shot and more seasoning and basketball IQ. Justin Mason is I guess reliable but doesn't really do anything on the court. Connor Atchley has got to be a big disappointment, as the lone senior I expected him to be your most steady player of at least 12-13 ppg, 7-8 rpg, and while I love his skills he is weak and not assertive at all. That's just my take on Longhorn basketball, I do love them though and they should make the tournament.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:52 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Missouri vs Kansas this Saturday at Kansas.

who ya got?
Old 02-26-2009, 05:54 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sherron Collins
Go Amare.
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:53 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Missouri vs Kansas this Saturday at Kansas.

who ya got?
As much as I hate Kansas, I think they win this one

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:57 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
Let's see...Kansas is a top 15 team and Sherron just carried the team to a victory over the #3 team in the nation...

I don't think it's much of an argument that Oklahoma wins that game with Blake Griffin.

BTW watching the Gophers offense is like watching a junior high team.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:21 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Phog will be rocking on Sunday...I would be shocked if KU lost...I still can't believe we have a great shot at winning the Big 12 Championship

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 02-26-2009, 10:23 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I don't think it's much of an argument that Oklahoma wins that game with Blake Griffin.

BTW watching the Gophers offense is like watching a junior high team.
It's debatable to whether they would have won with Griffin...Our offense was just on another level...But regardless, I don't think you can argue that Sherron didn't step up big time on Monday

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 02-26-2009, 10:50 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

Michigan is gonna be a hard team to figure out Selection Sunday. DeShawn Sims was very good tonight. Good to see Robbie Hummel healthy again to show why he was preseason Big 10 POY

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:17 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dante Cunningham a finalist (there are 16) for the Oscar Robertson Trophy, USBWA's POTY. Nice to see the guy get some recognition, he's worked really hard on his game to get to where he's at now and plays with great energy.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If only Michigan had played with some consistency this year...
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:59 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got to see Huggins' return to the Nati and it was a great site to see. I wasn't as against his removal as some but boy it sure has not been the same since he left. His time here was so exciting almost every single year, and while I think Cronin could do some good things, it just will prolly never be the same again.

Amazing to think he could have had OJ Mayo and Bill Walker on the same team.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:40 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Robert Vaden went 0-17 tonight? You'd think after the 10th shot, he'd realize it wasn't his night. Damn, 12 of those shots were 3 Pointers.. That sucks.

Oh well, Darth Vaden is still the man.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:42 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn great game between UW and ASU. UW's actually doing big things.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL at Tyreke Evans statline last night:

8 points (3-14 FG), 6 REB, 3 AST, 9 TO
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:35 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
LOL at Tyreke Evans statline last night:

8 points (3-14 FG), 6 REB, 3 AST, 9 TO

This is why i do not like him, and i showed my roommate this line. He turns it over, is selfish and takes questionable shots. he's got a lot of coaching and maturing to go through before goin to the NBA.

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote