Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-09-2009, 10:08 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Maynor has become quite the player, and beyond his success in college, he has become a legit pro prospect and may even flirt with the end of the lottery due to the lack of quality PGs in the draft. VCU is a team to reckon with come tourney time and they have a chance to do what Western Kentcuky did last season; be that team that was seeded low but made it to the Sweet 16.

Edit: VCU winning isn't an upset because they were four point favorites for the game
I meant in the NCAA Tourney

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:09 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Siena can play some ball...If they get in a guard-orientated team in the first round, I wouldn't be shocked to see them pull off the upset.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-09-2009, 10:10 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

WKU any good this year? They're playing in the Sun Belt Title Game tomorrow...

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-09-2009, 10:18 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Eric Maynor is the best point guard in the nation right now, I can say that with no hesitation what so ever. He is the complete player. A true point with great vision, can get inside and finish Tony Parker esque with his strength and floater. The dude can hit a runner from the 3 point line with consistency. He's a great free throw shooter, quick defender who gets steals, and his outside shot is so improved that now he can utilize it. Larry Sander is so intriguing in a Tyrus Thomas type mold. He is so inconsistent but has been the best shot blocker in the nation the past few years. Is Sean Williams like but the difference is he is a hard worker and a great kid. If VCU makes a sweet 16 run don't be surprised to see him declare as life without Maynor would be like Tyson Chandler without Chris Paul. This team is so damn dangerous when they are on. Aside from Maynor and Sanders when Joey Rodriguez's 3 point shot is on you are in deep ish. Rozell, Gwinn, and Burgess can also stroke it and can follow in the footsteps of former Ram greats like B.A. Walker and Jesse Pellot-Rosa. Everything with this team will be dependent on if Larry Sanders can stay out of foul trouble, and if they can get some sort of contributions from Pishchalinkov and Santill. Anthony Grant is an amazing coach and deserves to go to better places. He probably would have left but he knew Maynor was a once in a lifetime PG so he stayed with him. Another team to watch out for if they win in the Patriot finals is American U who played tough in last years tourney. Derrick Mercer and Garrison Carr is a top tier backourt in CBB, and Brian Gilmore is hot right now.

Also St. Mary's is proving why they should not have an at large bid. They haven't beat anyone real and they had to show they could at least be competitive in their conference with Patty Mills, but he has been awful and the team is playing terrible. Give me a Maryland or at least Davidson. I don't want a team who got blown out by 30+ in their conference tournament.
Ty Lawson says hello. We all know you have a hard on for the guy, but c'mon now. LaVance Fields, Nick Calathes, Johnny Flynn, Sherron Collins, Kalin Lucas...I like Maynor but you're stretching. Those would be mine, for sure Fields, Jonny Flynn, and Sherron Collins.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:20 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And I'm not talking prospects.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:24 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

There's a legit argument to made that Maynor is the best PG prospect for the NBA...But he's def. not the best CBB PG.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-09-2009, 11:36 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
There's a legit argument to made that Maynor is the best PG prospect for the NBA...But he's def. not the best CBB PG.
I'll agree with that but he's not the best college point guard.

Quote:
Old 03-10-2009, 11:14 AM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Eric Maynor is the best point guard in the nation right now, I can say that with no hesitation what so ever. He is the complete player. A true point with great vision, can get inside and finish Tony Parker esque with his strength and floater. The dude can hit a runner from the 3 point line with consistency. He's a great free throw shooter, quick defender who gets steals, and his outside shot is so improved that now he can utilize it. Larry Sander is so intriguing in a Tyrus Thomas type mold. He is so inconsistent but has been the best shot blocker in the nation the past few years. Is Sean Williams like but the difference is he is a hard worker and a great kid. If VCU makes a sweet 16 run don't be surprised to see him declare as life without Maynor would be like Tyson Chandler without Chris Paul. This team is so damn dangerous when they are on. Aside from Maynor and Sanders when Joey Rodriguez's 3 point shot is on you are in deep ish. Rozell, Gwinn, and Burgess can also stroke it and can follow in the footsteps of former Ram greats like B.A. Walker and Jesse Pellot-Rosa. Everything with this team will be dependent on if Larry Sanders can stay out of foul trouble, and if they can get some sort of contributions from Pishchalinkov and Santill. Anthony Grant is an amazing coach and deserves to go to better places. He probably would have left but he knew Maynor was a once in a lifetime PG so he stayed with him. Another team to watch out for if they win in the Patriot finals is American U who played tough in last years tourney. Derrick Mercer and Garrison Carr is a top tier backourt in CBB, and Brian Gilmore is hot right now.
Dude Lawson is playin the best ball of any point guard in the Nation. He's the most important player to uNC hands down. I'd also say LeVance Fields, and Jonny Flynn are better.

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroomDawgs View Post
Dude Lawson is playin the best ball of any point guard in the Nation. He's the most important player to uNC hands down.
Yup. Hansbrough will always get his numbers, but that team runs through Lawson. When he's on, he makes everyone around him so much better and takes pressure off of Hansbrough.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:21 AM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

Siena looked good last night, but Rossiter and number 12 (the fat guy) just drove me nuts. Rossiter looks like he's 12 years old and was the shy kid in class. TO his credit he was pretty solid last night. The fat guy drives me nuts. He couldn't run the court, shuffled his feet when running and hardly touched the ball. What does h e contribute? I wonder how he made that team

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
LOL props to Paul
Old 03-10-2009, 12:28 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

SOme pretty big games today. Cincinnati needs a win big time over DePaul and is only up by 2 at half. GTown and ND need to win the big east IMO to make it.

Hopefully Butler wins so Cleveland state doesn't steal a bid.

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
LOL props to Paul
Old 03-10-2009, 12:32 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
WKU any good this year? They're playing in the Sun Belt Title Game tomorrow...
They won the Sun Belt and beat louisville but I was at the game when they played us and they played horrible defense and couldn't guard the 3 to save their lives. They did do a decent job on Jarvis though but like I said it was bombs away for us

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
LOL props to Paul
Old 03-10-2009, 12:41 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

Hansbrough, Lawson, Henderson, McClinton, and TOney Douglas are All-ACC, with Hansbrough becoming the first ever the be a four time Unanimous Selection. He'll win the ACC POY, but i think it should be McClinton or Lawson.

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
LOL props to Paul
Old 03-10-2009, 12:50 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

My Boy Jarvis Varnado named Defensive player of the year in the SEC for the second year in a row, averaged 13 and nine and led the nation with 4.6 Blocks. Also first team SEC, and Dee Bost made All-SEC Frosh team

Kalin lucas Named Big 10 player of the year. Manny Harris, Evan Turner, Talor Battle, and JaJuan Johnson join him on the All Big 10 team.

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
LOL props to Paul
Old 03-10-2009, 12:53 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

Wow, DePaul doesn't win a conference game all year and now bursts Cincinnati's bubble. Will Walker is on fire

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
LOL props to Paul
Old 03-10-2009, 12:55 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroomDawgs View Post
My Boy Jarvis Varnado named Defensive player of the year in the SEC for the second year in a row, averaged 13 and nine and led the nation with 4.6 Blocks. Also first team SEC, and Dee Bost made All-SEC Frosh team

Kalin lucas Named Big 10 player of the year. Manny Harris, Evan Turner, Talor Battle, and JaJuan Johnson join him on the All Big 10 team.
I posted this last page, but here are the Big XI if anyone missed it

http://bigtennetwork.com/sports/mbas...ory_id=3189752

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 01:13 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

VCU will be in the sweet sixteen and so will Dayton!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 01:37 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol CroomDawgs you had a run of 5 or 6 consecutive posts there.

Huge upset for DePaul, nice for them to win a game against a conference opponent even though it wasn't regular season. Screws any chances Cincy had of going into the tourney, and a nice momentum game for DePaul heading into next year. Doubt they're going to beat the 8 seed (Providence?) though. Already an upset in the BE tourney and I'm sure there are more to come. Doubt Louisville wins it too Pitino doesn't really seem to care about the BE tournament much.
derza222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 03:04 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

Wow, Georgetown sealing their own fate right now.

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
LOL props to Paul
Old 03-10-2009, 04:14 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Imagine if McClinton never left Siena, they wouldn't have lost a game this year.

I really hope Miami can make a deep run in the ACC tourney and get into the dance, McClinton deserves it for how he's carried that team for 2+ seasons now.

I really think if they can sneak in as a 10 or 11 they can make a nice little run. Definitely talented enough and has played ball with the best of the ACC all season, killing Wake and nearly defeating UNC and Duke.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:05 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only person who absolutely despises Levance Fields?
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 05:23 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

Ty Lawson named ACC POY and rightfully so. He did wonders for his stock IMO.

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
LOL props to Paul
Old 03-10-2009, 05:44 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

This is for adschofield and the rest of the KU guys to read and respond to;

I'm having a discussion with a couple KU fans about Self and Weber to which I would like to direct the discussion to guys as well.

My stance is that Weber is a better X's and O's guy than Self is. On the flip side Self is a coach that recruits in talent, develops them, and wins with them better than almost any coach in the country.

Now I'm not proclaiming that Self is a bad X's and O's coach at all. I think he is a pretty decent one but it is not his strength as a coach. His M.O. ever since he started to get his name out there amongst "elite coaches" was that he recruited like hell, stacked the roster, developed the talent, and won. His weaknesses were that he wasn't the greatest game coach and he struggled to adjust at times. Would you say that is a fair assessment of Self as a coach?

On the flip side Weber's M.O. has been he is one of the best X's and O's guys in the country, he is a very good game coach, and can adjust well. His weakness as a coach is his recruiting and his quick hook if a player does something wrong. Weber tends to pull a player (especially our younger guys) if they make a mistake on either side of the ball instead of letting them play and learn from their mistake. I feel that this deters their confidence when he does this and you all know and have heard about Weber's downfalls as a recruiter. Recently he has gotten a bunch of very good players to commit but it's fairly apparent that he is not near the recruiter that Self, Williams, Calipari, etc are. I personally believe that is an accurate assessment of Weber as a coach.

Both are very good coaches because they win, albeit with contrasting styles. So don't take this as a slam against Self as that is not what I am trying to do. I know I've been critical of Self and his coaching for a long time but that was mostly bitterness because of him leaving.

The KU fans I'm discussing with seem to think that because Self won a National Title, that "he struggles with in game coaching" label should go away which I disagree with. It's still not his strength although he has gotten better. Now if we compare the two coaches I think it's pretty fair to say that Weber is a better X's and O's coach while Self is a better recruiter and develops his talent very well (I'd say both coaches are even on their ability to develop guys, Weber did some amazing things with Head and Deron, while Self really did nice things with Arthur, Rush, Chalmers, etc).

Both of these coaches have their strengths (just like any other coach). I don't think Self could do what Weber did with the current Illinois squad, and I don't think Weber will ever get the consistent top tier guys that Self does and keep them playing at a high level. Both coaches have won every where they went which IMO makes them good coaches, just contrasting styles.

I'd just like to get the Jayhawk fan base on this board to respond to this because I think my assessment of these two guys is pretty spot on. Both have strengths, both have weaknesses. Weber is regarded as one of the better X's and O's guys in the game, Self is one of the best recruiters and developers in the game. That's not saying neither are bad in other areas but those are their strengths as coaches, would you agree?

Quote:

Last edited by sweetness34 : 03-10-2009 at 05:48 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:56 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

I'd say that's a fantastic breakdown and I agree..Weber is a better X and O's guy, but Self is a better recruiter...However, I think Self has a much more proven track record than Weber at developing players...Correct me if I'm wrong, because I was still relatively young at the time, but didn't Deron and Head only spend 1 year with Weber? I thought Self predomimently developed those guys. And for the record, in the context of College Basketball, I'd much rather have a guy who can recruit rather than a guy who is great at X and O's since the talent level can be so wide. Just my two cents. It will be interesting to see what Weber can do with the next couple of recruiting classes as they look to be far superior to anything he's ever had.

On a side note, take a look at Memphis's class next year: Henry, Dobson, Cousins, and maybe Wall, as well as a lot of other great pieces. Scary.

Edit: What Jayhawk board do you go to?

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-10-2009, 06:08 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What happened to Cincinnati?

DePaul doesn't win a Big East game all year, but goes out and knocks the Bearcats out in round 1! Wow!

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote