Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-13-2007, 06:18 PM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

WildDude hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildDude
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickBam
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu
Every1 shut up about Duke. Whenever a team loses 3 of your best players and u start 3 freshman unless they are special, u are going to suck. Duke is no different. We all saw Duke sucking when Williams and Reddick had to go, so shut ur pie holes. Of course, we are overrated, but we are always overrated to some people.
I like Duke. McRoberts is overhyped and overrated. He's soft and won't translate to what draft analysts think he'll become in the NBA (a Chris Webber type). I love Jon Scheyer, saw him play twice last year in the Illinois state playoffs and he's going to be very, very good. Same with Henderson. The hype train that followed McRoberts and Paulus into Duke got out of control and neither has same to have improved on their game much at all this season, especially Paulus.
I honestly dont think anyone on duke will ever amount to anything just look at history i think the only one on the team who has a decent chance at becoming something is Brian Zoubek based on size only and once he bulks up he'll be something special hes a better passer than paulus, however mike K has a rep of making the big men wussies-Christian Lambeer, Danny Ferry, and so on... Demarcus has alot of talent but mike K dosent let him score as much as he did JJ reddick demarcus is the defination of a scorer as he can score any way he can but mike k dosent let him

DUKE sucks cause of Mike K not because of the talent they have- how many National championships does mike K have- how many final 4s has he lost?
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
just answer my question- they got like a whole roster of blue chippers and how many championships have they won and how many final 4s have they blown? im telling you if Bobby Knight was on that team they'd have won maybe 8 championships

take last year for example he told them to just give the ball to JJ and let him score 30 every night but hes too stupid to realize when shelden is the guy who scores 30 they win not when jj does
Coach K is probably the best coach in the country, and your trying to say he sucks. That is absurd. Some consider Coach K's (9 I think)consecutive sweet 16 appearances to be an equal feat to wooden's streak of championships ( not me). When you get deep into the tourney every year it is not easy to beat teams year in and year out. Look at Kansas they have lost in the first round two years in a row. Does Self suck too?

BTW you can't exactly " blow a final four". Getting to the final four itself is a major accomplishment.

If they didn't win when JJ scored 30+, how do you explain an early season W over #2 Texas last year when JJ dropped 41? Over UNC? and so on. He was the best player in the country last year for a reason, because Coach K utilized him perfectly, and the entire team revolved around him and sheldon.

The only problem that coach K has had is no depth Throughout many of his deep tourney runs. Usually Duke has just as quality of players as anyone else in the country, but they hardly ever have any solid depth behind them. When it comes to tourney time they are running on empty. Look at JJ last year, he played damn near 40 minutes a game last year and when it came March his legs were gone, but he was the only who gave Duke the possibility to win the entire season. so what was he going to do? sit him and lose? If he sat him no one else could step up in his place.

You may be right in saying that Coach K has not created the maximum amount of national titles he POSSIBLY could have , but it's not like he's losing agianst mid-majors when the tourney time comes or losing without going deep into the big dance. Name me one other coach that has been able to keep up with his dominance in recent times. The only coaches even in the same category as him would have to be Roy williams or Jim calhounIMO. Do you think it is a coincidence these guys have been able to keep dominating programs with them throughout the years? No, it is their recruiting abilities that helps them surround themselves with players capable of dominating college basketball for years. Look at Roy williams. What was UNC before he came there from Kansas? nothing.College coaching is much more than simply coaching, and Coach K is probably one of the best recruiters in the country as well. Do you think duke recruits kids from all around the country for no reason? Look at demarcus Nelson, he came all the way from California where he was Mr. basketball or Kyle sigler who is comming all the way from Oregon. The bottem line is that Mike has done a brilliant job at Duke since learning from Bob at westpoint, and to question his abilities and acomplishments is simply stupid. Do you really think he was promoted to be the coach of the National team for no reason?
:roll:
Well all im saying is that year in and year out Duke has the most talent on their team with the exception of uconn who Caluhon built by himself because before him they were nothing... he i consider a great coach cause he maxides the talent of his players with the exception of last year

I have respect for the values he puts in the players and helps them get jobs afterwards and i respect the guy in that way im just saying in terms of "big game" situations he just cant win it there... with a team like duke it shouldnt even be a big accomplishment making it into the final 4 and i dont consider 9 straight sweet 16s that big of a deal compared to wooden

the only reason he has no depth is because he dosent take the time to develop anyone else cause when they were up by 30 points JJ Reddick was still shooting the rock trying to compete with Morrison
WildDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 06:55 PM    (permalink
sik wit it
Rookie

sik wit it smells like sex panther.

Quote:
well that just proves to you that even with all those blue chippers if they aint coached right they wont win every game... not saying roy williams is a bad coach just saying that he doent have to take all the blue chippers in the world cause u cant teach hustle and overacheivers- wit the exception of wes miller
no its that he didn't get the jungle karma
Old 01-13-2007, 06:58 PM    (permalink
ncbigbody
Veteran

ncbigbody hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

Well all im saying is that year in and year out Duke has the most talent on their team with the exception of uconn who Caluhon built by himself because before him they were nothing... he i consider a great coach cause he maxides the talent of his players with the exception of last year

I have respect for the values he puts in the players and helps them get jobs afterwards and i respect the guy in that way im just saying in terms of "big game" situations he just cant win it there... with a team like duke it shouldnt even be a big accomplishment making it into the final 4 and i dont consider 9 straight sweet 16s that big of a deal compared to wooden

the only reason he has no depth is because he dosent take the time to develop anyone else cause when they were up by 30 points JJ Reddick was still shooting the rock trying to compete with Morrison
Are you kidding me? Just because Duke may be one of the most talented teams every year doesnt mean they should make it to the final four automatically. You still have to win 4 consecutive games against teams with good talent to even get there. It is a great accomplishment to make the final 4. I can honestly say, you dont know the game of college basketball well enough to be debating about it.

Sig thanks to DieHardVikingsFan
ncbigbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 08:02 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

VaTech woot woot also gotta give props to Maryland although Clemson was overrated.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 08:05 PM    (permalink
ncbigbody
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon
VaTech woot woot also gotta give props to Maryland although Clemson was overrated.
Cant say they were really overated when they werent ranked that high and were undefeated, good win for the terps.

Old 01-13-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickBam
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu
Every1 shut up about Duke. Whenever a team loses 3 of your best players and u start 3 freshman unless they are special, u are going to suck. Duke is no different. We all saw Duke sucking when Williams and Reddick had to go, so shut ur pie holes. Of course, we are overrated, but we are always overrated to some people.
I like Duke. McRoberts is overhyped and overrated. He's soft and won't translate to what draft analysts think he'll become in the NBA (a Chris Webber type). I love Jon Scheyer, saw him play twice last year in the Illinois state playoffs and he's going to be very, very good. Same with Henderson. The hype train that followed McRoberts and Paulus into Duke got out of control and neither has same to have improved on their game much at all this season, especially Paulus.
I honestly dont think anyone on duke will ever amount to anything just look at history i think the only one on the team who has a decent chance at becoming something is Brian Zoubek based on size only and once he bulks up he'll be something special hes a better passer than paulus, however mike K has a rep of making the big men wussies-Christian Lambeer, Danny Ferry, and so on... Demarcus has alot of talent but mike K dosent let him score as much as he did JJ reddick demarcus is the defination of a scorer as he can score any way he can but mike k dosent let him

DUKE sucks cause of Mike K not because of the talent they have- how many National championships does mike K have- how many final 4s has he lost?
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
just answer my question- they got like a whole roster of blue chippers and how many championships have they won and how many final 4s have they blown? im telling you if Bobby Knight was on that team they'd have won maybe 8 championships

take last year for example he told them to just give the ball to JJ and let him score 30 every night but hes too stupid to realize when shelden is the guy who scores 30 they win not when jj does
Coach K is probably the best coach in the country, and your trying to say he sucks. That is absurd. Some consider Coach K's (9 I think)consecutive sweet 16 appearances to be an equal feat to wooden's streak of championships ( not me). When you get deep into the tourney every year it is not easy to beat teams year in and year out. Look at Kansas they have lost in the first round two years in a row. Does Self suck too?

BTW you can't exactly " blow a final four". Getting to the final four itself is a major accomplishment.

If they didn't win when JJ scored 30+, how do you explain an early season W over #2 Texas last year when JJ dropped 41? Over UNC? and so on. He was the best player in the country last year for a reason, because Coach K utilized him perfectly, and the entire team revolved around him and sheldon.

The only problem that coach K has had is no depth Throughout many of his deep tourney runs. Usually Duke has just as quality of players as anyone else in the country, but they hardly ever have any solid depth behind them. When it comes to tourney time they are running on empty. Look at JJ last year, he played damn near 40 minutes a game last year and when it came March his legs were gone, but he was the only who gave Duke the possibility to win the entire season. so what was he going to do? sit him and lose? If he sat him no one else could step up in his place.

You may be right in saying that Coach K has not created the maximum amount of national titles he POSSIBLY could have , but it's not like he's losing agianst mid-majors when the tourney time comes or losing without going deep into the big dance. Name me one other coach that has been able to keep up with his dominance in recent times. The only coaches even in the same category as him would have to be Roy williams or Jim calhounIMO. Do you think it is a coincidence these guys have been able to keep dominating programs with them throughout the years? No, it is their recruiting abilities that helps them surround themselves with players capable of dominating college basketball for years. Look at Roy williams. What was UNC before he came there from Kansas? nothing.College coaching is much more than simply coaching, and Coach K is probably one of the best recruiters in the country as well. Do you think duke recruits kids from all around the country for no reason? Look at demarcus Nelson, he came all the way from California where he was Mr. basketball or Kyle sigler who is comming all the way from Oregon. The bottem line is that Mike has done a brilliant job at Duke since learning from Bob at westpoint, and to question his abilities and acomplishments is simply stupid. Do you really think he was promoted to be the coach of the National team for no reason?
:roll:

Duke was nothing before coach K came over from army. He has won the national title THREE times, He had a streak of FIVE straight final fours, ( 9 total),With 68 career wins in the NCAA tournament, Mike Krzyzewski is the winningest coach in the history of the NCAA tornament with 68 wins, ( yeah he chokes in the tourney!!!!!) In the best confrence in college basketball he has won 11 regular season titles, ten ACC tournament titles, and 12 national coach of the year awards. Also, this is his all time record at DUKE 645-172 (.790). How can you even question anything this guy has accomplished? He knows more about basketball that you and I could ever fathom.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 08:25 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbigbody
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon
Cant say they were really overated when they werent ranked that high and were undefeated, good win for the terps.
no kidding.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 01-13-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Um yea, Coach K is an incredible coach, end of discussion.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 08:32 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
That's what happens when you learn under The General.

But, yeah, Coach K is one of, if not the, best coach in the NCAA right now. Anyone who thinks that Duke's recent problems are his fault is not thinking straight.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:33 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
A thank you.

they get smoked.

Old 01-13-2007, 09:39 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:

But, yeah, Coach K is one of, if not the, best coach in the NCAA right now. Anyone who thinks that Duke's recent problems are his fault is not thinking straight.
It's the fact that JJ Redick choked big time in the Tourney last year.

This year he just doesn't have the talent. You can only do so much as a coach.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:48 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:

what problems? when is the last time duke dropped outta the top 25?

they get smoked.

Old 01-13-2007, 10:49 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I meant the last two losses.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:50 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

its soon to come
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
WildDude
All-Pro

yah good points there and i know he will one day be the all times winningest coach of all time almost guaranteed but i just feel like he underachieves thats all and if your a team like duke getting to the final 4 should be expected but if its a team like george mason its the greatest feeling ever because of who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

its soon to come
I highly doubt that.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:55 PM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

its soon to come
I highly doubt that.
not happening but it really should espically with their youth and two losses in a row but hey theyre DUKE
Old 01-13-2007, 10:58 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

its soon to come
I highly doubt that.

quote me on it. it'll happen before the end of the season. I'd explain why but ive already done it plenty in this thread.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:59 PM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

its soon to come
I highly doubt that.

quote me on it. it'll happen before the end of the season. I'd explain why but ive already done it plenty in this thread.
we can only hope
Old 01-13-2007, 11:07 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Again they should not have been in the top 20 to begin this season, period. I think it'll take at least 3 straight losses for them to get booted from the top 25, and that's just not going to happen.

Rankings are dumb anyway, especially this season. Teams about 15-40 are very close.

Quote:
Old 01-13-2007, 11:08 PM    (permalink

New rankings come out on Monday right? The Hoosiers should be getting some more votes.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:24 PM    (permalink
ncbigbody
Veteran

Dont sleep on Kevin Durant and Texas, slaughtering the Big 12 right now. Play Oklahoma St. on espn2 tuesday night.

Old 01-13-2007, 11:27 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

its soon to come
Nope.

they get smoked.

Old 01-13-2007, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any respect for NMSU? 14-3 with 13 game winning streak.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:42 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

its soon to come
Nope.

says the duke fan.