Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-21-2009, 12:23 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I had Arizona and Wisconsin today. Noice.

Me too! Lost two sweet 16 teams though in Wake Forest and West Virginia.

25/32 overall so far. Not bad I guess.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Ohio State/Siena is the game of the tournament so far.
Considering there's been like 4 good games in this tournament it's not terribly difficult. Was a great game though.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:29 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I lost all 4 of those close games. :( I had Ohio State, Florida State, Utah State and Tennessee
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:34 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I lost all 4 of those close games. :( I had Ohio State, Florida State, Utah State and Tennessee
same here, exactly...thought I'd be doing good in the beginning of the day.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:39 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
same here, exactly...thought I'd be doing good in the beginning of the day.
same here Utah State choked, Florida State Choked but the Ohio State and Tennessee games were good and they were just edged out. This sucks. I was first in my pool before today. I think all the leaders missed them though so... Possibly :D
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:40 AM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn, it feels good to be a Badger.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:41 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
Damn, it feels good to be a Badger.
YEAH! On Wisconsin!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 01:05 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know why I went away from Arizona. I usually root for them and had a good feeling. Pretty sure I only had the 1, 2, and Dayton right in that region :( But I'm glad Siena won.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 01:22 AM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was 29/32 in the opening round of my bracket. Wake Forest hurts though, because I had them in the Sweet 16.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:57 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've only lost one Sweet 16 team, FSU.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:24 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was so very wrong this year. I usually do pretty good at my brackets too.

-Wrong on Wake Forest vs. Cleveland State
-Wrong on West Virginia vs. Dayton
-Wrong on Ohio State vs. Siena
-Wrong on Cal vs. Maryland
-Wrong on BYU vs. Texas A&M
-Wrong on Minnesota vs. Texas
-Wrong on Western Kentucky vs. Illinois
-Wrong on Clemson vs. Michigan
-Wrong on LSU vs. Butler
-VERY Wrong on Oklahoma vs. Morgan State

So, 24/34. Not so hot. On the plus side I only lost one Sweet 16 team (West Virginia) and I got 24 points with my conference rules by winning Arizona vs. Utah and Wisconsin vs. Florida State. I really need UCLA to make a run or I'm pretty much sunk.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:36 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty pissed off after thinking about what could have been with Wake.

Usually every year I narrow it down to one crazy upset that I want to pick, and I choose from 3 or 4 games. Last year it was Davidson, this year it came down to Portland State vs Xavier and Cleveland State vs Wake. I flipped a coin and it came up with PSt. over Xavier. FML
Old 03-21-2009, 12:36 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh. I wanted to pick Cleveland St. but I couldn't see having a 12 vs. 13 in the 2nd round.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 04:09 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

So much for Memphis being overrated. They're smoking a red-hot ACC team.
Old 03-21-2009, 04:09 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Memphis is kicking some a$$ right now

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 04:14 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every player on Memphis is hot right now, no way Maryland even keeps this close. I've always said Memphis is a top 3 team in the Nation when Tyreke Evans doesn't try to play one man ball. Guys like Mack this year have really struggled as when they had Derrick Rose everyone got in rhythm, but sometimes Evans would single handedly hog the ball and ignore his teammates which affected the entire team negatively. Evans has been much better of late and if he can play calm like this and pick his spots this Memphis squad is big enough, strong enough, and athletic enough to make the final 4 and who knows how much further. It's apparent right now how undermatched Maryland is. I mean they are completely undermanned and probably the least talented team in the ACC top from bottom. Aside from Vasquez and Eric Hayes they are a bunch of unskilled guards playing down low. I mean their one big guy Dave Neal??? C'mon. The guy is a hard worker but if it weren't for an absurd lack of depth no way should that guy be a starter on a D1 team let alone an ACC team.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 04:45 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why did I buy into all of NFLDC's "Memphis is overrated" talk? After losing a final four team yesterday (Wake) I'm going to lose an elite eight team today (Maryland).
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 04:48 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Why did I buy into all of NFLDC's "Memphis is overrated" talk? After losing a final four team yesterday (Wake) I'm going to lose an elite eight team today (Maryland).
Why on earth did you have Wake going any farther than the 16? Their best wins came at home and they played awful toward the end of the season. I could understand past the winner of the 5/12, but past Louisville and Mich. St or Kansas? No.

Also, if Roburt Sallie can give double digit points off of the bench and Memphis plays their usual defense, they can easily make it out of this bracket.
Old 03-21-2009, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
Why on earth did you have Wake going any farther than the 16? Their best wins came at home and they played awful toward the end of the season. I could understand past the winner of the 5/12, but past Louisville and Mich. St or Kansas? No.
Some of us overestimated the coaching abilities of Dino Gaudio. And by some of us I mean me.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-21-2009, 04:53 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
Mainly because I wanted one non-#1 or #2 seed in the final four. And I didn't plan on Jeff Teague forgetting his team was in the tournament.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 05:00 PM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had Wake winning round 1 and then losing to Arizona
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
I was one of the loudest anti-Memphis people so I'm going to say listening to me is bad.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-21-2009, 05:09 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub11 View Post
I had Wake winning round 1 and then losing to Arizona
So did I, I still have 14/16 Sweet Sixteen teams alive, but I had an awful round one.

Something like 24/32.

Quote:
Mainly because I wanted one non-#1 or #2 seed in the final four. And I didn't plan on Jeff Teague forgetting his team was in the tournament.
Jeff Teague seems to forget he's playing basketball sometimes. Kansas is the non-one or two to have IMO. Either them or Oklahoma.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:10 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty happy about having Memphis win it all.

Much less happy about having UCLA in the Final Four. :(

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 05:12 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I'm pretty happy about having Memphis win it all.

Much less happy about having UCLA in the Final Four. :(
I feel for you, I had 'em winning today. No way they make it past Duke AND Pitt if they were lucky enough to win today though. Their road was just too tough for a team with no size.