Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-21-2009, 04:15 PM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
So did I, I still have 14/16 Sweet Sixteen teams alive, but I had an awful round one.

Something like 24/32.
I wouldnt call 24 of 32 awful

I have 15 of my sweet 16 teams still alive, lost FSU
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 04:19 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub11 View Post
I wouldnt call 24 of 32 awful

I have 15 of my sweet 16 teams still alive, lost FSU
Eh, considering I made some incredibly stupid picks, it was.

I went with UNI and PSU over Purdue and Xavier respectively.

Missed every 8/9 too, but I'm not really upset about that. Those are always 50/50.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 04:20 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post

Jeff Teague seems to forget he's playing basketball sometimes. Kansas is the non-one or two to have IMO. Either them or Oklahoma.
Oklahoma is a 2 seed, not a big deal

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 04:23 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Oklahoma is a 2 seed, not a big deal
Right... Maybe I was thinking Cuse since they play. I need to be careful when I type.
Old 03-21-2009, 04:28 PM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

did anyone else take USC over Mich St?
Old 03-21-2009, 04:28 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Why did I buy into all of NFLDC's "Memphis is overrated" talk? After losing a final four team yesterday (Wake) I'm going to lose an elite eight team today (Maryland).
Because the "talk" was and still is legitimate. Memphis is shooting what, 65% from the floor in today's game? You're not going to lose very many if you can shoot like that game in and game out.

And also regardless of how "hot" Maryland is they are not a very good basketball team. I thought California was a good matchup for them because I think the Pac-10 is a terrible conference but it's apparent right now that Memphis is in another league on the floor and on paper. Outside of Vasquez Maryland isn't a deep team and they don't have a lot of talent, an example of an overachieving team this year.

I have Memphis going to the elite 8 but that was more based on who they had in front of them. I don't like Mizzou and the #2 seed is very favorable for them in terms of matchups.

If Memphis keeps shooting like they have so far in this Tournament I think they have a shot at knocking off UCONN but here's the problem, they won't keep shooting like they have from the outside and they will now be facing teams that are actually worth a salt.

Memphis is overrated for what they are. I think they are a good team, not a great one. Certainly IMO not deserving of a #2 seed (watch me eat my words if they get to the Final 4 lol) going into this Tournament. 27 straight wins or not, they played a cake schedule and when they were actually tested, they lost to Syracuse and Georgetown and beat two teams I'm not a big fan of, Tennessee and Gonzaga.

We'll see what kind of team Memphis is when they have to play some big dogs, although I still think they handle Mizzou (who is also overrated) and advance to the Elite 8.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 04:39 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to see Washington, Michigan and LSU win these next handful of games but I doubt the last two happen.

Old 03-21-2009, 04:54 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My bracket lives or dies with my Texas>Duke prediction.
Old 03-21-2009, 04:59 PM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I really hope you are right :)
Old 03-21-2009, 05:00 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really hope you are wrong :)
I got Duke
Old 03-21-2009, 05:00 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Quote:
I really hope you are right :)
I'm in on that one too. Hate Duke.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 05:16 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

F Purdont.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 05:16 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
F Purdont.
Whether or not I can make a comeback in any of my brackets hinges on Purdue losing. I have Washington in the Elite Eight, beating UConn.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:17 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't have the pair to pick Texas over Duke.

Can't believe Washington is laying an egg right now.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 05:21 PM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

Go Blue!!!
Old 03-21-2009, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Go Blue!!!
Indeed. As much as I like UNC, I really wish I could watch the UM game right now.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 05:23 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Indeed. As much as I like UNC, I really wish I could watch the UM game right now.
cbssports.com

high quality

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 05:27 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
I didn't have the pair to pick Texas over Duke.

Can't believe Washington is laying an egg right now.
What do you mean laying an egg? I realize it's early in the game but Purdue is destroying that team.

People severely underestimate the Big 10 and what MSU and Purdue can do. Both of those teams are very, very good and they don't rely on star power like teams such as the Sooners, Arizona State, Memphis, etc do. Very good teams that have a ton of weapons. When Purdue is healthy (mainly Hummel this year) they are very, very good. They shoot the 3 well, defend, and have an inside game.

I mean for a conference that supposedly "sucked" we had two upsets against higher ranked ACC teams (Michigan and Wisconsin really were our "bubble teams" anyway), our top two teams held serve, Ohio State lost in the last second in a great game, and Minnesota was knocked out by a Texas team that is completely different than they were in the regular season now that Pittman has come on like he has. Illinois really didn't "drop the ball," with Frazier I think it's a much different game and lets face it, Illinois severely overachieved this year, on paper we are a middle of the pack team in our conference.

Next year the Big 10 will be one of the best major conferences in the country, pretty much all of the marquee players come back and the strongest teams of our conference will be strong again next year (Illinois might drop though, we are pretty young next year).

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:28 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Because the "talk" was and still is legitimate. Memphis is shooting what, 65% from the floor in today's game? You're not going to lose very many if you can shoot like that game in and game out.

And also regardless of how "hot" Maryland is they are not a very good basketball team. I thought California was a good matchup for them because I think the Pac-10 is a terrible conference but it's apparent right now that Memphis is in another league on the floor and on paper. Outside of Vasquez Maryland isn't a deep team and they don't have a lot of talent, an example of an overachieving team this year.

I have Memphis going to the elite 8 but that was more based on who they had in front of them. I don't like Mizzou and the #2 seed is very favorable for them in terms of matchups.

If Memphis keeps shooting like they have so far in this Tournament I think they have a shot at knocking off UCONN but here's the problem, they won't keep shooting like they have from the outside and they will now be facing teams that are actually worth a salt.

Memphis is overrated for what they are. I think they are a good team, not a great one. Certainly IMO not deserving of a #2 seed (watch me eat my words if they get to the Final 4 lol) going into this Tournament. 27 straight wins or not, they played a cake schedule and when they were actually tested, they lost to Syracuse and Georgetown and beat two teams I'm not a big fan of, Tennessee and Gonzaga.

We'll see what kind of team Memphis is when they have to play some big dogs, although I still think they handle Mizzou (who is also overrated) and advance to the Elite 8.
The thing is Memphis is the best defensive team in the nation. They are big, fast, and athletic at every single position and have depth. Their problem sometimes is finding a scorer but the thing is they have so many scorers its just no one steps up when Tyreke isn't the man. I still think though Memphis has to be a favorite to make the final 4.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post
cbssports.com

high quality
Thanks for the link. I'd use it, but I'm using my girlfriend's computer because mine's getting fixed and her computer is ridiculously slow.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:31 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Go Michigan! I had Clemson beating Oklahoma in this game so it would be nice to see the Sooners go out in this round to a Big 10 team.

Quote:
Old 03-21-2009, 05:32 PM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

I have ou winning this game but would much rather see a michigan win
Old 03-21-2009, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

DeShawn Sims just worked Blake Griffin...
Old 03-21-2009, 05:36 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
DeShawn Sims just worked Blake Griffin...
That was kind of just a lucky hook shot. He couldn't push back Griffin.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 05:37 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

I'm getting tired of all the Griffin love

OMG! He almost made a tip-in! How could he do that?!