Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-21-2009, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
That was kind of just a lucky hook shot. He couldn't push back Griffin.
I'm cool with it! :D

Anthony Wright has 11 points on 4/4 shooting?@?@?!!!???! WTF?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chippy game between OU and UM.

HIT ******* FREE THROWS. Jesus.

Wow, Griffin is so good.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:40 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I'm getting tired of all the Griffin love

OMG! He almost made a tip-in! How could he do that?!
No different that the drooling of Michael Beasley and worst of all Greg Oden who wasn't even that dominant and every second they were like OMG!!! A combination of Hakeem, Shaq, Wilt, Alonzo, Mutumbo, and Parrish!!!

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Zach Gibson just swatted a shot. Damn.

I can't wait until Beilein gets more than two good players to work with.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:41 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No different that the drooling of Michael Beasley and worst of all Greg Oden who wasn't even that dominant and every second they were like OMG!!! A combination of Hakeem, Shaq, Wilt, Alonzo, Mutumbo, and Parrish!!!
I got tired of that grabage too

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 05:42 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The thing is Memphis is the best defensive team in the nation. They are big, fast, and athletic at every single position and have depth. Their problem sometimes is finding a scorer but the thing is they have so many scorers its just no one steps up when Tyreke isn't the man. I still think though Memphis has to be a favorite to make the final 4.
Memphis is the best defensive team in the nation playing against horrible competition. And they have yet to face a team with the inside game that UCONN has, hell Mizzou's pressure could cause them problems. I would love to see what kind of "defensive numbers" they had against Syracuse, GT, Zaga, and Tennessee. I bet there's a huge different between those numbers and their conference numbers.

Look I think Memphis is better than I thought going into the season, Evans has been every bit as good as Rose was for them last year, definitely my freshman of the year, but the fact remains is that they aren't tested, at all. They haven't been tested since Gonzaga, and the Zags always crumble. They did crush the Bulldogs but no one is putting them in the Elite 8 or the Final 4.

The numbers just don't match up. The only reason they have a good chance to get to the Elite 8 is because they are a #2 seed and have a favorable bracket leading up to UCONN.

Memphis' wins have a combined one win in the Tournament this year. On the contrary, Illinois' wins this year (Mizzou, Purdue, Wisconsin, and Michigan) is at 4 in the Tournament.

Memphis is a good team, but not a great one and not a #2 seed with the schedule and results that they had. Again their Tournament success is skewed by the fact that they don't play anyone in their conference and especially this year, don't prove anything in OOC yet get rewarded with a #2 seed.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 05:43 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Washington is down by 10+ and they're the higher seed... I'd call that laying an egg. They've been underrated for a majority of this season. I figured it would be a good close game, not to say it won't be in the end.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 05:45 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forgot to add that they also lost to Xavier as well in OOC. So 3 times they had a chance to prove themselves and 3 times they lost. How again does that deserve a #2 seed? The answer, it doesn't. Memphis is a #3 seed at best, probably a #4 based on their results this year.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:47 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Down by one with our best player on the bench for most of the 1st half... I'll take it.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 05:48 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Washington is down by 10+ and they're the higher seed... I'd call that laying an egg. They've been underrated for a majority of this season. I figured it would be a good close game, not to say it won't be in the end.
They are a 4 playing a 5 that is on paper a better team than they are, that's not laying an egg. Purdue is a better team, regardless of where the seeding is at.

Washington has been underrated because they play in the 2nd worst major conference in the country. I think they are a good team, one of the few in the Pac-10 outside of ASU and UCLA.

At full health Purdue is a dangerous team and they are mopping the floor with the Huskies right now.

But I forgot, the Big 10 sucks, they don't deserve 7 teams in. Michigan is giving a #2 seed all they can handle as well right now. Again I hope this shuts everyone up about the conference and it's supposed "weaknesses."

Quote:
Old 03-21-2009, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Purdue is simply the better team, despite the seeding.

EDIT: Sweetness beat me by a long time and I was too lazy to notice it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 05:53 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Purdue is simply the better team, despite the seeding.
Yes they are. Again Purdue can do some damage in this Tournament if they keep playing like this. Assuming they hold on to this lead UCONN better be ready to go in the Sweet 16 or we could be in for our first big time upset.

Purdue is not a team to be taken lightly, I just think that their lack of front court depth will hurt them against a team like UCONN. But definitely a squad that is better than their seeding.

Quote:
Old 03-21-2009, 05:54 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for your unbiased opinion, could you now share your unbiased opinion on Bruce Pearl, Duke and Bill Self? I would like to have a non Big 10 homer say that Purdue is clearly the better team on paper. Washington and Purdue both have similar resumes.

The Big 10 produces good tournament teams and Purdue is a solid team, just didn't expect Washington to come out like this... Especially with how they destroyed MSU.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:59 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Thanks for your unbiased opinion, could you now share your unbiased opinion on Bruce Pearl, Duke and Bill Self?

The Big 10 produces good tournament teams and Purdue is a solid team, just didn't expect Washington to come out like this... Especially with how they destroyed MSU.
I don't see how you're trying to call me biased. Purdue was a top 10 team going into the season I believe in the rankings, they have some serious talent. Moore, Hummel, and Johnson are top tier players in our conference, combine them with guys like Jackson, Grant, and Kramer and you've got a team that can do damage. Plus they have experience now unlike last year.

Purdue is more than a solid team, trust me on that one. Purdue has Final 4 potential if they keep playing like this.

Quote:
Old 03-21-2009, 06:03 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Hummel was the pre-season POTY in the Big 10, Johnson was first-team All-Big 10 this year and most improved player I believe, and Moore I believe was freshman of the year last season in the conference. They had injury problems (mainly with Hummel) and struggled to get things rolling early but now they are healthy, they are playing well, and they are dangerous.

Quote:
Old 03-21-2009, 06:04 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Go LSU! Screw up everyone's brackets, including mine. I just want to see an upset.
Old 03-21-2009, 06:07 PM    (permalink
iBoldin
Veteran

iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whoooooo! C'mon Huskies! You got the crowd behind you, now make this a friggin' game.
iBoldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Ty Lawson is a beast.
Old 03-21-2009, 06:12 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

I just find it funny that no one is worried about UNC losing this game, usually in a game like this people are on "upset watch" lol. I'm not worried, I see UNC eventually pulling away in this game once they wake up from the nap they have been taking up til' now.

Quote:
Old 03-21-2009, 06:16 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Michigan's gotta score at somepoint right? lol

And as I type they get a two haha.

Quote:
Old 03-21-2009, 06:17 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
I just find it funny that no one is worried about UNC losing this game, usually in a game like this people are on "upset watch" lol. I'm not worried, I see UNC eventually pulling away in this game once they wake up from the nap they have been taking up til' now.

Devil's avacado here, Larry.

I think LSU will win this game - it should be on "upset watch."

Last edited by art vandelay : 03-21-2009 at 06:21 PM.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You would think Blake Griffin is Lew Alcindor from the way they talk about him in this game (or in general really).

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 06:19 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Uh-oh Washington coming back. ;)

Quote:
Old 03-21-2009, 06:20 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Overton and Pondexter. UW!
Old 03-21-2009, 06:20 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Go LSU! Screw up everyone's brackets, including mine. I just want to see an upset.
I have Gonzaga beating UNC so a LSU win would be great

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote