Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-21-2009, 07:10 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
GMAFB, this is just absolutely ridiculous. Purdue was the better team the entire game, I don't know what game you were watching but it's pretty evident who the better team was and is. They had a double digit lead pretty much the entire game and you think Washington "deserved to win?" Purdue missed 6 straight shots down the stretch and held the lead the entire time, so that basically cancels out your 1/7.

First it was "Washington is laying an egg" and now it's "they should have won this game."

**** me man.
Wow, for an Illinois fan, you're really getting quite pissy over me saying something about Purdue...

Let me show you something:

That's 4 missed layups. It would have been -11 if not for a made layup after one of the misses.

Purdue should have lost that game because they let Washington come back and let Washington get in things down the stretch. Purdue only kept the lead because the Huskies couldn't execute. And GMAFB with the Purdue was the better team the WHOLE game... Check the 2nd half, Washington had a +9 or something points advantage. I don't know what you know about basketball, but my understanding is that the goal is not to have nine points shaved off your lead if your the better team.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 07:11 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Well Michigan needed to play real basketball and not just flop every second. Only Duke gets those calls. Griffin takes as many hits as he puts out.
Refs didn't have much of a problem giving the flop charge calls to the Sooners though. The one Manny Harris fouled out on was really, really weak. Griffin gets a lot of leeway from the refs, it has to be pretty explicit for them to blow the whistle on his contact.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
I feel for you, I had 'em winning today. No way they make it past Duke AND Pitt if they were lucky enough to win today though. Their road was just too tough for a team with no size.
To be fair, they have more size than Villanova does. By a decent amount, too.

Anybody know anything about Jrue Holiday? At the end of the game our bench senior Frank Tchuisi got some rare minutes for the tourney and was holding the ball with 3 seconds left, and Holiday tried to slap it out of his hands. Kind of a bush move, not that it really mattered any, just thought it was a little excessive.

Very interested in the outcome of the Duke/Texas game. I can't decide which team would be a more favorable matchup for us.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

maybe my math is off but thats -11 not 9
Old 03-21-2009, 07:12 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
maybe my math is off but thats -11 not 9
After one of the misses, they made a shot. Cancels out.

Not to mention the fact that Washington missed three or four free throws down the stretch.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:12 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh man. Once Gonzaga tips, they're going to make me watch them instead of Duke. Awful.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:13 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
true but still I agree Washington should have won
Old 03-21-2009, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub11 View Post
hahaha, and his dad looks like Seal
Say what you want about Seal's looks, but he's tagging Heidi Klum and we're not.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 07:15 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Say what you want about Seal's looks, but he's tagging Heidi Klum and we're not.
Or are we....
Old 03-21-2009, 07:17 PM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Texas has a shot if Balbay doesnt turn the ball over 10 times
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 07:22 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wow, for an Illinois fan, you're really getting quite pissy over me saying something about Purdue...

Let me show you something:

That's 4 missed layups. It would have been -11 if not for a made layup after one of the misses.

Purdue should have lost that game because they let Washington come back and let Washington get in things down the stretch. Purdue only kept the lead because the Huskies couldn't execute. And GMAFB with the Purdue was the better team the WHOLE game... Check the 2nd half, Washington had a +9 or something points advantage. I don't know what you know about basketball, but my understanding is that the goal is not to have nine points shaved off your lead if your the better team.
You want me to go back and find how many missed bunny shots Purdue had?

I don't give a **** how you try and spin this, Washington got beat fair and square today. You don't want those layups to kill you, don't get down by 14 ******* points then.

Bad breaks my ass, they got outplayed for 40 minutes. It's nice they outscored Purdue in the 2nd half, but guess what, you were -13 in the first half, so that means you ended up 4 points short, how tragic.

You're probably wondering why I'm sticking up for a conference rival so much, well I'll tell you because I'm sick and tired **** like this. ESPN knocked the Big 10, people on this board knocked the Big 10, we got the 2nd lowest seeding point number of the major conferences (Big East had the most seeding points btw), and right now we stand at 5-3 in 8 games. 3 of which we were favored in. Two upsets against ACC teams, just knocked off the Pac-10's best, and hopefully our two teams that go tomorrow night can do some things. Oh and our "bubble" squad that wasn't playing well at all going into this Tournament put up a pretty big fight against Griffin and the Sooners.

So excuse me if I come off strong on this but when you've heard about it all year and you hear it even now when one of your teams knocks off a very strong team, it pisses me the **** off.

Anyone who watched that game knew who the better team was, and it was the one that ended up victorious. Home court advantage, higher seed, shoot better from the floor and you still can't win.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 07:24 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Not to mention the fact that Washington missed three or four free throws down the stretch.
E'Twuan Moore missed one, Lewis Jackson missed one, and so did JuJuan Johnson, please stop bitching about this game and trying to spin it so that it looks like Purdue didn't deserve to win when THEY LEAD THE ENTIRE ******* GAME.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 07:24 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow Sliding over and doesn't even really get hit and Duke gets the charge call, figures.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 07:25 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Go Texas! even though i have Duke beating us....my bracket is messed up anyways.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
I don't care, he's still an ugly ************. Kiss from a Rose is a nice little song though.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 08:32 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Kiss from a Rose is a nice little song though.

And as you can see here...my respect for you took a precipitious decline in the last few seconds...

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 08:33 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Go TOPPERS!!!!#!!#!##%#!
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post

And as you can see here...my respect for you took a precipitious decline in the last few seconds...
I was making a Batman Forever based joke, which was really unlikely for anyone to get since it doesn't make sense but that's how I roll.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-21-2009, 08:57 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please win Western... Please... They are fun to watch, only other team I ever root for.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:20 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need a Texas win to salvage my bracket.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 09:25 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Two good finishes coming, HOORAY!
Old 03-21-2009, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

No call on offensive goaltending eh. And some really ugly D from Western Kentucky there.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-21-2009, 09:27 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WKU got so excited they forgot to play defense...
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 09:27 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow what a finish Gonz game

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 09:31 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
WKU got so excited they forgot to play defense...
Yeah...that was quite disappointing.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote