Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-23-2009, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Jodie Meeks any kind of an NBA prospect?
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:05 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
He looks like a solid 2nd round prospect

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:06 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow I think I won my own game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player...playerId=23355

And I'm actually looking forward to the NIT matchup between St. Mary's and Davidson tonight. Curry vs. Mills should be fun to watch.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post

And I'm actually looking forward to the NIT matchup between St. Mary's and Davidson tonight. Curry vs. Mills should be fun to watch.
You cheated. He was on Sportscenter.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:08 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post

I posted that earlier in the year.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:11 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You cheated. He was on Sportscenter.

Quiet you. I actually just found it in Sports Illustrated
Old 03-23-2009, 07:39 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He just got his dunk blocked by a Korver.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:42 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
He just got his dunk blocked by a Korver.
He's also one of the best shooters in the NCAA
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:58 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
He's also one of the best shooters in the NCAA
Is that why he is being held in check by an 'inferior', mid-major team?

Old 03-23-2009, 08:02 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is that why he is being held in check by an 'inferior', mid-major team?
inferior? creighton is a better team and more tourney worthy team than kentucky

Old 03-23-2009, 08:03 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
inferior? creighton is a better team and more tourney worthy team than kentucky
Yes, i had quotes there for a reason. I must have spent too much time reading Kentucky boards because they were all acting like anything less than a double digit victory would be the worst loss in kentucky basketball history.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:04 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Yes, i had quotes there for a reason. I must have spent too much time reading Kentucky boards because they were all acting like anything less than a double digit victory would be the worst loss in kentucky basketball history.
sorry, my misunderstanding of what you were trying to get across with your initial post

Old 03-23-2009, 08:26 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Sorry Turtlepower, but I was asked by TT to remind you of your sig bet that ASU would make it farther than Duke in the tourney. :)
Old 03-23-2009, 09:47 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

http://www.syracuse.com/poliquin/ind...u_to_know.html

Flynn is coming back. Syracuse is going to be absolutely dirty next season. Should be a pre-season top 5, assuming nobody declares early for the draft. Only scholarship player we are losing is Onganet and we have Wesley Johnson (transfer), Scoop Jardine (medical redshirt), DaShonte Riley and Brandon Triche coming in. Boheim has insinuated that Wes Johnson could be our best player next season. Right now we are one scholarship over the limit, maybe Sean Williams will transfer (hopefully).
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:03 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stephen Curry is nasty. What he does with minimal talent around him is pretty remarkable considering he's keyed on every game. Guy has ridiculous range and makes some incredible shots. Call him a chucker or whatever you want, he's pretty incredible.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:09 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Stephen Curry is nasty. What he does with minimal talent around him is pretty remarkable considering he's keyed on every game. Guy has ridiculous range and makes some incredible shots. Call him a chucker or whatever you want, he's pretty incredible.

Patty Mills is getting the best of him right now, although he does probably have more talent around him. I do like Lovedale though.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:14 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lovedale is straight, he's a good rebounder and defender but he has no post game and cannot step out and shoot it.

Patty Mills has a decent team around him, they were at least competitive when he went out, Davidson would've been terrible had Curry missed any time.

I still love Patty Mills though yes, he's magic when he has the ball.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:03 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy crap people actually watched the UK game haha. I'll admit, this is actually kind of fun.

Lame we have to go straight to Notre Dame for a game Wednesday night, even more lame that it's at 7 so I'll be at work.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 01:33 AM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Holy crap people actually watched the UK game haha. I'll admit, this is actually kind of fun.

Lame we have to go straight to Notre Dame for a game Wednesday night, even more lame that it's at 7 so I'll be at work.
even more lame that you're kentucky and ur in the NIT

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 09:49 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwback54milkman View Post
even more lame that you're kentucky and ur in the NIT
Thanks. I was so super thrilled that we were in the NIT this year, your insight was really riveting and now I realize how awful it is to be in the NIT. Clown.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:22 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Thanks. I was so super thrilled that we were in the NIT this year, your insight was really riveting and now I realize how awful it is to be in the NIT. Clown.
Well considering you were talking about a top 25 ranking earlier this year I think this season is a complete failure for Kentucky. When you have two of the best players in the SEC (which is a **** conference anyway in basketball this year) and you can't make the Tournament, that's a bad season. Those two NIT wins so far look alright but considering the talent on the roster and a weak conference, there is no reason for you to be playing in the NIT.

I know you talk about the future a lot with guys like Miller and Liggins but the talent on that roster is good enough for you to be in the dance, Billy G shat down his leg this year and that team underachieved greatly.

Quote:
Old 03-24-2009, 10:38 AM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
http://www.syracuse.com/poliquin/ind...u_to_know.html

Flynn is coming back. Syracuse is going to be absolutely dirty next season. Should be a pre-season top 5, assuming nobody declares early for the draft. Only scholarship player we are losing is Onganet and we have Wesley Johnson (transfer), Scoop Jardine (medical redshirt), DaShonte Riley and Brandon Triche coming in. Boheim has insinuated that Wes Johnson could be our best player next season. Right now we are one scholarship over the limit, maybe Sean Williams will transfer (hopefully).

Cuse, Kansas, Purdue, Tennessee are all ones to watch for next year, but Memphis is going to be beastley with or without john Wall

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:02 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Well considering you were talking about a top 25 ranking earlier this year I think this season is a complete failure for Kentucky. When you have two of the best players in the SEC (which is a **** conference anyway in basketball this year) and you can't make the Tournament, that's a bad season. Those two NIT wins so far look alright but considering the talent on the roster and a weak conference, there is no reason for you to be playing in the NIT.

I know you talk about the future a lot with guys like Miller and Liggins but the talent on that roster is good enough for you to be in the dance, Billy G shat down his leg this year and that team underachieved greatly.
I completely agree with everything you said, you're not saying anything I haven't thought myself Yes, we should've made the dance (easily might I add). The team regressed greatly after the middle of the season. We were without a doubt a top 25 team at the end of January but nowhere close at the end of February. None of us are happy to be in the NIT, hell, I'm not happy if we don't make the sweet 16 at least.

We'll have one of, if not the best front court in the nation next year with the addition of Orton/Pilgrim and Patterson one year better. One of the best SG and most importantly a bulk of playing time will go to Juniors and Seniors. We just have got to find a consistent Point Guard. Miller is going to be a stud next year, the scoring finally started to balance out lately. Liggins I'm not counting on for anything, the guy is a turnover waiting to happen. Jon Hood should provide some off the bench scoring and Ramon Harris has come on strong lately. We'll be alright.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:39 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

I'll be honest with you, I don't think Billy G is the answer in Kentucky. He recruits well and the players seem to like him but as far as coaching goes, he's underachieved in his first two years.

Which is funny because many thought that Billy G was Self's "brains" when he was at Illinois in terms of X's and O's. So maybe things just aren't fitting right. If UK doesn't at least make it past the first day next of the NCAA Tournament I think Billy's honeymoon is over. Patterson, Meeks, and Miller are a helluva trio, one of the best in the land next year.

Quote:
Old 03-24-2009, 12:41 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroomDawgs View Post
Cuse, Kansas, Purdue, Tennessee are all ones to watch for next year, but Memphis is going to be beastley with or without john Wall
Michigan State loses one starter (Sutton) off this years team, they should be up there as well.

Ohio State will be dangerous as well if Turner comes back. Buford, Lighty, and Turner is a ridiculous trio of players that can light it up.

Big 10 looks like it could be one of the best conferences in the country next year on paper, that's not what ESPN wanted to hear. ;)

Quote: