Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-24-2009, 12:57 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Michigan State loses one starter (Sutton) off this years team, they should be up there as well.

Ohio State will be dangerous as well if Turner comes back. Buford, Lighty, and Turner is a ridiculous trio of players that can light it up.

Big 10 looks like it could be one of the best conferences in the country next year on paper, that's not what ESPN wanted to hear. ;)
Not to mention Morgan is presumably going to be fully healthy for MSU.

On paper, I don't think the Big XI loses much and is going to be gaining more with incoming freshmen. Hell, I'm even excited because Iowa only loses our starting center, who was out half the year anyway, so a season above .500 isn't out of the question. YAY!

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 01:49 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

None of the marquee players in the conference are leaving. Morgan, Lucas, Roe, Bufford, Turner, Lighty, Davis, Johnson, Hummel, Moore, Koble, Westbrook, Sampson, Damien Johnson, Harris, Simms...All those guys are back. Tisdale and McCamey for Illinois are potential All-Big 10 type players next year as well if they progress like they did from year one to year two (although Demetri kind of regressed a bit, he has to get in better shape).

I'd say the Big 10 goes 9 deep next year and both Iowa and Indiana will be better as well. Our conference is going to be hard as ****.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:11 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Found this comparison of stats for 'Nova and Duke really interesting. The percentages and per game numbers are so similar it's pretty crazy.

http://vuhoops.com/2009/03/24/compar...ats-with-duke/
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:33 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They are a fraction of a whole off with most categories. Should be interesting but I'll be looking at Cunningham from 'nova to do something big even though for the sake of my pool, I need the Blue Devils to win.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Fogartynyy2789
Veteran

Fogartynyy2789 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Fogartynyy2789 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
None of the marquee players in the conference are leaving. Morgan, Lucas, Roe, Bufford, Turner, Lighty, Davis, Johnson, Hummel, Moore, Koble, Westbrook, Sampson, Damien Johnson, Harris, Simms...All those guys are back. Tisdale and McCamey for Illinois are potential All-Big 10 type players next year as well if they progress like they did from year one to year two (although Demetri kind of regressed a bit, he has to get in better shape).

I'd say the Big 10 goes 9 deep next year and both Iowa and Indiana will be better as well. Our conference is going to be hard as ****.
Don't forget Talor Battle, who was robbed of Big 10 POY this year. He could avergae 20+ next year. I wouldn't say 9 deep, Northwestern is not THAT good.

Penn State basketball wins this decade- 0.
Fogartynyy2789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:09 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogartynyy2789 View Post
Don't forget Talor Battle, who was robbed of Big 10 POY this year. He could avergae 20+ next year. I wouldn't say 9 deep, Northwestern is not THAT good.
Craig Moore is the only significant name that they lose and if the rest of the team can develop around Coble they will be a tough team to deal with. Maybe not tourney bound but still a tough team.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:10 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
They are a fraction of a whole off with most categories. Should be interesting but I'll be looking at Cunningham from 'nova to do something big even though for the sake of my pool, I need the Blue Devils to win.
Same deal actually, I've got 'Nova in the Final Four in a couple pools but the one that I've got a shot in right now I have Duke. Dante should be a monster because of his versatility, and I think Duke's really going to struggle to contain Corey Fisher. Hopefully our athleticism helps on the glass and contesting shots at the rim. Duke probably will get lots of open threes tough. A very interesting matchup to say the least.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:14 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UNC will most likely lose Lawson and Ellington along with Green and Hansbrough but we will still maintain a solid lineup with a great class coming in with the Wear twins, John Henson, Dexter Strickland and Leslie McDonald and of course Eddy Davis, Deon, Drew,Ginyard..etc
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:15 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'll be honest with you, I don't think Billy G is the answer in Kentucky. He recruits well and the players seem to like him but as far as coaching goes, he's underachieved in his first two years.

Which is funny because many thought that Billy G was Self's "brains" when he was at Illinois in terms of X's and O's. So maybe things just aren't fitting right. If UK doesn't at least make it past the first day next of the NCAA Tournament I think Billy's honeymoon is over. Patterson, Meeks, and Miller are a helluva trio, one of the best in the land next year.
Gillispie is solid at recruiting and really produces in the X and O department (which didn't show a lot of times this year given our guys would just make awful decisions). The confusing part is his substitution problems. We scored 5 times off timeouts last night. The guy is great in setting plays up, he just picks odd people to put in the game. Also his pure man-man defense works great a lot of the time, no doubting that we've been one of the best teams in the nation defensively since he's come here... But then there are other times a player will just start to go off on us and we've got no answer. It's too early to say if he'll fail or succeed. I see reasons that both could potentially happen. Hopefully this year is a learning year for everyone involved.

If we don't produce next year, he's in trouble. We'll lose Patterson/Meeks, several upperclassmen role players. Next years team is going to be built for success if the PG position settles out. Everyone from this year will be one year more experienced (huge for the PG spot and Miller) then Daniel Orton will be one of the best defensive freshman in the country and allow Patterson to move to PF. We play UCONN, UNC, Louisville and several others in our OOC so we'll know early what we're made of.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Fogartynyy2789
Veteran

Fogartynyy2789 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Fogartynyy2789 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Craig Moore is the only significant name that they lose and if the rest of the team can develop around Coble they will be a tough team to deal with. Maybe not tourney bound but still a tough team.
Yea they were a tough team this year, no one wanted to play them. Still they gotta win a road game and I'm not sure if Shurna can replace Moore's production and leadership. Coble is an absolute freak.

Penn State basketball wins this decade- 0.
Fogartynyy2789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:31 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Damion James stays in School I'd pick Texas to be an early final 4 favorite. All they would lose would be AJ Abrams who was a big enigma who shot too much and couldn't run point. Their starting lineup would probably be Balbay, Ward, Gary Johnson, James, and Pittman. Balbay will only improve as a PG. If he could just cut down on the turnovers he is a pure point who can penetrate on anyone. Texas has to be so excited about Varez Ward who was only a Freshman. He was big time against Duke and looks to be a deadly combo guard if he finds consistency. Gary Johnson is a long and strong defender who really shouldn't be taking outside shots. If Damion James comes back he could be one of the more dominant players in the country on the boards and showing his improved jumper. He could be a Shawn Marion type player in the NBA. Lastly with more conditioning work Dexter Pittman could be a dominant Sean May/Mike Sweetney type center in his senior year. Off the bench you'd have vets like Justin Mason and Harrison Smith. More exciting is that Texas has what I consider to be the top recruiting class in the nation. 2 big time top 15 recruits coming in. Avery Bradley is big time and IMO one of the top 10 players in the draft class. He reminds me of Russell Westbrook and would definitely help fill the scoring void left by Abrams. He would be a monster sparkplug scorer off the bench or possible starter even. I thought he would go to UCLA or even Kansas but I think Jrue will come back next season. Jordan Hamilton is a guy who I also think is a top 10 prospect and could start over Gary Johnson and make him come off the bench. Hamilton is long and a big time shooter, he might at times have Longhorns fans reminiscing of Kevin Durant. He's obviously not on Durants level but I think he has some of the best pro potential from anyone in the draft class. Shawn Williams is another tall wing who will stroke it from the perimeter. If Damion James stays I'd even go to say that Texas would be the #1 team in the nation, even without him they'd probably be a 3-5 seed in the tourny.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:53 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Considering Abrams was the one who pretty much by himself beat Minnesota in the first round with his long range spectacle (what'd he make like 8 threes in that game?) Texas will need guys to step up. If James is back I love their front court, but the backcourt has question marks and I'm not a huge fan of Barnes as a coach anyway, his teams seem to always underachieve below what they are capable of.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 03-24-2009, 03:56 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Gillispie is solid at recruiting and really produces in the X and O department (which didn't show a lot of times this year given our guys would just make awful decisions). The confusing part is his substitution problems. We scored 5 times off timeouts last night. The guy is great in setting plays up, he just picks odd people to put in the game. Also his pure man-man defense works great a lot of the time, no doubting that we've been one of the best teams in the nation defensively since he's come here... But then there are other times a player will just start to go off on us and we've got no answer. It's too early to say if he'll fail or succeed. I see reasons that both could potentially happen. Hopefully this year is a learning year for everyone involved.

If we don't produce next year, he's in trouble. We'll lose Patterson/Meeks, several upperclassmen role players. Next years team is going to be built for success if the PG position settles out. Everyone from this year will be one year more experienced (huge for the PG spot and Miller) then Daniel Orton will be one of the best defensive freshman in the country and allow Patterson to move to PF. We play UCONN, UNC, Louisville and several others in our OOC so we'll know early what we're made of.
He's in trouble right now from some rumblings. Keep in mind it was a verbal contract between he and Kentucky, nothing was signed in ink as far as I know but if UK does let him go it's a $6 million buyout or something outrageous like that.

Lets face it, Wildcat nation is pretty impatient. They want to be on top and going to the NIT is probably a punch to the gut for one of the nations most prestigious basketball programs.

I wouldn't be shocked if he didn't make it to next season, I think in order for the big whigs to take him off the hot seat he has to win the NIT or at least get to Madison Square Garden. If he falls short there is going to be some major rumors floating around (like there already are from what I've heard) that he will be axed.

Quote:
Old 03-24-2009, 04:00 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogartynyy2789 View Post
**** I forgot Battle, how could I do that? I was singing his praises about a week ago. Battle is no doubt in my mind the best guard in the conference, and that includes Manny Harris, Buford, Lucas, etc. Guy is unreal. So yea he comes back too.

Northwestern is coming off the best season in school history and returns pretty much everyone of their major players I believe. While they aren't THAT good they are still solid and were a bubble team for the NCAA Tournament.

Still probably on paper the best conference going into next year, or at least one of the best as some could still make an argument for the ACC, Big East, or the Big 12 but the Big 10 returns the most, will have at least 8 teams that will push for a Tournament appearance, and we'll have good balance.

Quote:
Old 03-24-2009, 04:01 PM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
If Damion James stays in School I'd pick Texas to be an early final 4 favorite. All they would lose would be AJ Abrams who was a big enigma who shot too much and couldn't run point. Their starting lineup would probably be Balbay, Ward, Gary Johnson, James, and Pittman. Balbay will only improve as a PG. If he could just cut down on the turnovers he is a pure point who can penetrate on anyone. Texas has to be so excited about Varez Ward who was only a Freshman. He was big time against Duke and looks to be a deadly combo guard if he finds consistency. Gary Johnson is a long and strong defender who really shouldn't be taking outside shots. If Damion James comes back he could be one of the more dominant players in the country on the boards and showing his improved jumper. He could be a Shawn Marion type player in the NBA. Lastly with more conditioning work Dexter Pittman could be a dominant Sean May/Mike Sweetney type center in his senior year. Off the bench you'd have vets like Justin Mason and Harrison Smith. More exciting is that Texas has what I consider to be the top recruiting class in the nation. 2 big time top 15 recruits coming in. Avery Bradley is big time and IMO one of the top 10 players in the draft class. He reminds me of Russell Westbrook and would definitely help fill the scoring void left by Abrams. He would be a monster sparkplug scorer off the bench or possible starter even. I thought he would go to UCLA or even Kansas but I think Jrue will come back next season. Jordan Hamilton is a guy who I also think is a top 10 prospect and could start over Gary Johnson and make him come off the bench. Hamilton is long and a big time shooter, he might at times have Longhorns fans reminiscing of Kevin Durant. He's obviously not on Durants level but I think he has some of the best pro potential from anyone in the draft class. Shawn Williams is another tall wing who will stroke it from the perimeter. If Damion James stays I'd even go to say that Texas would be the #1 team in the nation, even without him they'd probably be a 3-5 seed in the tourny.
I would love to see Damion James come back... Jai Lucas will also be in the mix after transferring from Florida... I would be shocked if Balbay is a starter next season, he is too much of an offensive liability on the floor, he poses no threat to score and commits too many turnovers... Im really excited about Lucas, Bradley, Hamilton, and Williams next year and would not be surprised if 3 of the 4 were starters by the end of the year
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 04:12 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's in trouble right now from some rumblings. Keep in mind it was a verbal contract between he and Kentucky, nothing was signed in ink as far as I know but if UK does let him go it's a $6 million buyout or something outrageous like that.

Lets face it, Wildcat nation is pretty impatient. They want to be on top and going to the NIT is probably a punch to the gut for one of the nations most prestigious basketball programs.

I wouldn't be shocked if he didn't make it to next season, I think in order for the big whigs to take him off the hot seat he has to win the NIT or at least get to Madison Square Garden. If he falls short there is going to be some major rumors floating around (like there already are from what I've heard) that he will be axed.
Him and the University have had a signed Memorandum of Understanding since he first got here. It's a legally binding document which spells out the basic things (buyout, salary, performance bonuses etc.) but is not as intricate as a contract with specific clauses etc.

There are a ton of random BS rumors flying, our internet boards are the scum of the earth, its' a very bad representation of UK fans as a whole. The large reason for him being on any sort of hot seat with the University isn't as much over performance but representing UK. In one interview he said he wasn't the face of the School which couldn't be more wrong, that didn't go over well. I would hope things don't lead to him being gone and I don't think they will.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:53 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

I didn't get the info from anyone affiliated with the Wildcat boards actually, it was from an Illini source that is a sports writer, he's got some inside info I guess and this guy is pretty accurate.

Now it could have nothing to do with Billy G but everyone has pretty much assumed that he is the main focus of the rumor. I'll let you know if I find out anything.

Quote:
Old 03-24-2009, 05:29 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...x.html?eref=T1

"I give Memphis the edge because I think Tyreke Evans is a better player than A.J. Price".

Why is this guy the authority on college basketball?

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 06:39 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently Seth Curry is transferring from Liberty. Any team should try to get him. He was just a freshman this year but was one of the top 10 scorers in the nation at over 20 ppg. Like big bro Stephen he is smallish and lacks true PG skills but I can say that as a Freshman he is even more advanced than Stephen. Just as deadly as a shooter. I was shocked Davidson didn't give him a scholarship, would have been amazing to see them lighting it up together. IMO he will probably stay local. UVA, VT, or UMD, possibly even WVU.

Old 03-24-2009, 06:52 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
I didn't get the info from anyone affiliated with the Wildcat boards actually, it was from an Illini source that is a sports writer, he's got some inside info I guess and this guy is pretty accurate.

Now it could have nothing to do with Billy G but everyone has pretty much assumed that he is the main focus of the rumor. I'll let you know if I find out anything.
Rumor about the contract or his job status? The Memorandum of Understanding is a public document, that is signed for a fact and essentially the contract for the time being.

The best insider we've got is saying that there is a decent chance he is fired. He doesn't cater to boosters and is not very good with the media, that's part of the deal here and when you don't produce it's an even bigger deal.

Targets seem to be Billy Donovan first, then Travis Ford. Both may be able to retain Daniel Orton (especially Ford), Hood would stay for Donovan likely but I'm not sure on Ford. The rest of the recruits would not be large losses but would be easier to sell into coming. Anthony Grant is apparently holding up on job offers, could be in the event Florida comes open (for which he would be an immediate hire).

Last time Donovan had a lot more reasons to say no. Now he's coming off two NIT's, a fanbase that is in the middle of Teebowmania and not drawing anyone to the NIT games while UK could pack the house.

EDIT: Another massive concern I have about Gillispie leaving is does Patterson stay, Meeks almost has to.

2nd EDIT: There is another very very solid UK source saying that it's apparently set that Gillispie is gone and he already knows it... Ugh, what a mess.

Last edited by PalmerToCJ : 03-24-2009 at 07:05 PM.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:55 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default ACC Projected Lineups

Boston College:
PG : Reggie Jackson Sophomore
SG : Rakim Sanders Junior
SF : Cori Raji - Junior
PF : Joe Tripani - Junior
C : Joshua Southern Junior

Clemson:

PG : Demontez Stitt Junior
SG : Terrence Oglesby - Junior
SF : Tanner Smith - Sophomore
PF : Trevor Booker Senior
C : Raymond Sykes Senior

Notes 5 star recruit : Milton Jennings 69, 200

Duke:
PG : Jon Scheyer - Senior
SG : Elliot Williams - Sophomore
SF : Kyle Singler Junior
PF : Lance Thomas Senior
◦C : Ryan Kelly Freshman

Notes 4 Star recruit : Mason Plumlee◦ - 611, 220
Nolan Smith Solid back up

Florida State:
PG : Derwin Kitchen Junior
◦SG : Michael Snaer - Freshman
◦SF : Chris Singleton - Sophomore
PF : Xavier Gibson - Sophomore
C : Soloman Alabi - Sophomore

Notes Very solid bench players
Reid PF
Loucks , Dulkys G

Georgia Tech:

PG : Maurice Miller - Junior
SG : Iman Shumpert Sophomore
SF : Zachary Peacock Senior
PF : Gani Lawal - Junior
◦C : Derrick Favors Freshman

Notes Solid Bench
Freshmen : Kammeon Holsey- PF, Glen Rice - SG, Mfon Udofia - PG
Lance Stoors G
Sheehan 7 0

Maryland:
PG : Eric Hayes Senior
SG : Sean Mosley - Sophomore
SF : Cliff Tucker Junior
PF : Dino Gregory - Sophomore
C : Landon Milbourne Senior

Miami:
PG : Ed Rios - Junior
SG : James Dews Senior
SF : DeQuan Jones - Sophomore
PF : Dwayne Collins Senior
C : Julian Gamble Sophomore

North Carolina:

PG : Larry Drew - Sophomore
SG : Leslie McDonald - Freshman
SF : Marcus Ginyard Medical Redshirt Senior
◦PF : Ed Davis Sophomore
C : Deon Thompson -

Notes Dexter Strickland◦, David and Travis Wear◦, John Henson Freshman◦, Tyler Zeller - 7 0

NC State:
PG : Javier Gonzalez Junior
SG : Lorenzo Brown - Freshman
SF : Dennis Horner - Senior
PF : Richard Howell - Freshman
C : Brandon Costner Senior

Virginia:
PG : Calvin Baker Senior
SG : Jeff Jones Junior
SF : Sylven Landesberg - Sophomore
PF : Mike Scott Junior
C : John Brandenberg Freshman

Virginia Tech:
PG : Malcolm Delaney Junior
SG : Dorenzo Hudson - Junior
SF : J.T. Thompson Junior
PF : Jeff Allen - Junior
C : Gene Swindle Sophomore

Wake Forest:
PG : Jeff Teague Junior
SG : L.D. Williams - Senior
SF : James Johnson Junior
PF : Al-Faroque Aminu Sophomore
C : Tony Woods - Sophomore
Go Amare.

Old 03-24-2009, 07:04 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Landon Milbourne the center for Maryland? You do realize he's a 200 pound probably closer to 6-5" natural SG/SF. Highly doubt he would be playing center. Also this does assume a lot of ACC guys declaring, but if that is the face of the ACC next year, it's definitely going to be a down year for the conference. Wake Forest would probably have the best team.

Old 03-24-2009, 07:08 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Landon Milbourne the center for Maryland? You do realize he's a 200 pound probably closer to 6-5" natural SG/SF. Highly doubt he would be playing center. Also this does assume a lot of ACC guys declaring, but if that is the face of the ACC next year, it's definitely going to be a down year for the conference. Wake Forest would probably have the best team.
Maryland might just have to have Milbourne in there and be a smaller team because of their lack of size and Wake no doubt will have the talent but if Gaudio coaches the way he has they won't be going anywhere
Go Amare.

Old 03-24-2009, 07:09 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Apparently Seth Curry is transferring from Liberty. Any team should try to get him. He was just a freshman this year but was one of the top 10 scorers in the nation at over 20 ppg. Like big bro Stephen he is smallish and lacks true PG skills but I can say that as a Freshman he is even more advanced than Stephen. Just as deadly as a shooter. I was shocked Davidson didn't give him a scholarship, would have been amazing to see them lighting it up together. IMO he will probably stay local. UVA, VT, or UMD, possibly even WVU.
Wow that's surprising.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:12 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
Wow that's surprising.
Not to me. He's never going to get national exposure or play top level talent at Liberty. Vatech should have given him the scholarship out of high school like he wanted.