Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-30-2009, 03:48 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like to see Michigan win every game but ours because it makes it that much sweeter when we beat them. I could care less about the rest of the Big Ten though.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:49 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well it's official. Calipari to UK.
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 03:50 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish ESPN would talk more about the final four and less about a team who didn't even make the tournament...
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
I like to see Michigan win every game but ours because it makes it that much sweeter when we beat them. I could care less about the rest of the Big Ten though.
Couldn't care less, not could care less.

Although what you say is true...I'd rather beat a 11-0 Ohio State team than a 3-8 or whatever Ohio State team. My point is I don't root for them if they're playing for a national title.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 03:52 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha that's why I avoid watching to much of ESPN.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:53 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroomDawgs View Post
So next year Kentucky could have the starting lineup of Wall, Meeks, miller, Cousins and Patterson
Guess your forgot about Daniel Orton.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:24 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
Well it's official. Calipari to UK.
Nothing at all official yet, a lot of premature reports out there.

And if Cal did come, I think Orton may go to Florida, OK st. or Oklahoma. His family had a very good relationship with Gillispie.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:01 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/generic/.../Live_Stream_1
Old 03-30-2009, 05:01 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
When it comes down to it, at the end of the day, Kentucky is still Kentucky and Memphis is still Memphis.

I actually agree with sweetness when it comes to Calipari. The guy can recruit and he does win, but I wouldn't want him as my team's head coach...
Unlike guys like Pearl, Sampson, Self, Digger, etc my dislike for Calipari doesn't stem from anything that he did to the Illini, I just think he's a snake...check that I know he's a snake and for a guy who loves everything about College Basketball hiring Calipari at UK is just wrong in my opinion.

Desperate programs do desperate things to try and get back on top and this right here is an example of that. I don't know what Kentucky fans' stance are on "shady recruiting" but I would hope that you know what you're getting if you do hire Calipari and as I said your recruiting compliance people had better have some blind folds on.

Plus I'm really not that sold on Calipari as a coach to be honest. I think his game management lacks a lot and you have to wonder how much of his success at Memphis recently stemmed from a weak conference. Once teams like Louisville and DePaul left it has become one of the worst major conferences out there.

The guy can recruit with the best of them, he gets his guys to play hard, he's a good ambassador of the school he coaches at, and people will like his personality moreso than Gillespie but I really, really think you are rolling the dice if you hire him.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:02 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They should be listening to Pitino and getting one of the guys that "bleed blue and white" to coach their team.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:06 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Memphis boosters supposedly opening the bank to keep him, screw getting in some bidding war they can keep him if they want him that bad.

And we love Pelphrey and Ford but they're just not ready...
Old 03-30-2009, 05:08 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
They should be listening to Pitino and getting one of the guys that "bleed blue and white" to coach their team.
I've been thinking that and the two coaches he suggested are doing a good job with where their at; Travis Ford at Okie State and John Pelphrey at Arkansas. If I had my choice I'd go with Ford but either is a good choice.

It just seems that UK is trying to make a huge splash and Calipari is someone that would create the impact and buzz that they are looking for despite what future repercussions may arise.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:20 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Cal goes to UK according Katz X could get out of his LOI and go to KU.Lance and X????:D
Old 03-30-2009, 05:21 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

also reports locally here are Memphis is going to ask for permission to speak with Mike Anderson.I guess if you can't beat them hire them
Old 03-30-2009, 05:21 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tony Bennett has accepted the head coach position at Virginia

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4028642

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:22 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First off, I agree with those that have said Cal strikes them as a snake. Wouldn't want him coaching my team, for sure. If Kentucky wants to make a splash though he certainly makes sense, and he obviously recruits incredibly well.

As an aside, what would Cal leaving for the Kentucky job mean for a guy like uber-recruit Mike Gilchrist (2011). I know Memphis is believed to be a heavy, heavy, heavy favorite to get him because of some dude associated with the program (name slips me at the moment). But is he a Cal guy or a Memphis guy, and would Cal switching jobs open up recruiting for a guy like Gilchrist some?

Also, lets say Henry tries to get out of his LOI and does so successfully. Would that make it difficult between him and Lance going to Kansas since they need to make room for one of them already...possible they get both?
derza222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:36 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
First off, I agree with those that have said Cal strikes them as a snake. Wouldn't want him coaching my team, for sure. If Kentucky wants to make a splash though he certainly makes sense, and he obviously recruits incredibly well.

As an aside, what would Cal leaving for the Kentucky job mean for a guy like uber-recruit Mike Gilchrist (2011). I know Memphis is believed to be a heavy, heavy, heavy favorite to get him because of some dude associated with the program (name slips me at the moment). But is he a Cal guy or a Memphis guy, and would Cal switching jobs open up recruiting for a guy like Gilchrist some?

Also, lets say Henry tries to get out of his LOI and does so successfully. Would that make it difficult between him and Lance going to Kansas since they need to make room for one of them already...possible they get both?

Would you mean Worldwide Wes?
Old 03-30-2009, 05:44 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post

it can be done.Brady can start paying his way(his dad was a athlete at KU and he lives in Lawerance) plus I sense a couple of transfers(Travis Relaford and Quintrell Thomas are two who come to mind right away)
Old 03-30-2009, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the term, "Jumping the shark" doesn't apply to Bob Knight dancing in his underwear for a commercial ad, then I don't know when it should ever be used.

Haha, I loved it either way.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:30 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Our problem with Pelphrey and Ford is purely experience related. If this happened five years later, whichever was the most successful would automatically get the offer and everyone involved would be thrilled. Both play a fun style of ball, I'd personally prefer Pelph. Both would cut off limbs to come back.

World Wide Wes is definitely a Calipari guy, today he said that this "is a monumental day for college basketball".

Apparently Memphis countered our offer and Calipari told him "it isn't about the money". Nice. Apparently he's trying to convince them to hire one of his assistants as the head coach.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:34 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

DaJuan Summers is going pro. Per ESPN bottomline.

Last edited by JRTPlaya21 : 03-30-2009 at 07:30 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Fogartynyy2789
Veteran

Fogartynyy2789 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Fogartynyy2789 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
DeJuan Summers is going pro. Per ESPN bottomline.

Not a shock there, should be a top 15 pick. Calathas also went pro but will not hire an agent, he'll probably be back in Gainesville enxt year.

Penn State basketball wins this decade- 0.
Fogartynyy2789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:37 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jesus Kentucky...Calipari's good to go after considering he'll probably come with the top 3 recruits in the nation. Memphis will be completely hosed.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:38 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seth Curry went to Duke? ZOMG CHAMPIONSHIP!

He's going to be playing with a five star who goes to my school though, so Duke will go from one of my most hated teams to 2nd favorite.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:42 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogartynyy2789 View Post
Not a shock there, should be a top 15 pick. Calathas also went pro but will not hire an agent, he'll probably be back in Gainesville enxt year.
He'd be a fool not to let Kenny Boynton make him look like the star he is. He averaged 15/5/5 with possibly the most mediocre supporting cast of a solid team.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote