Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-16-2007, 11:00 PM    (permalink
snuff

Good game, unfortunately its mid-season college basketball meaning it doesn't mean anything since both those teams will be in the tournament.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:01 PM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

WildDude hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

heh well it gave us a glimpse of what the big 12 tourney will look like
WildDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 12:48 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff
Good game, unfortunately its mid-season college basketball meaning it doesn't mean anything since both those teams will be in the tournament.
every win means somthing because it decides what seed you will get in the tourney.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 07:23 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

That game was great.... I hope the Sixers either get Durant or Oden

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 08:22 AM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

NYmoney needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1
Oden is not coming out. Mark it down.
NYmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:37 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYmoney
Quote:
Oden is not coming out. Mark it down.
I believe you I remember reading in Slam Punks last year when he was on the cover that he wanted to stay in school all 4 years. I would definitely take Durant if thats the case.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 01:37 PM    (permalink
sik wit it
Rookie

sik wit it smells like sex panther.

Bo Ryan gave an interview on The Jim Rome show. Good to see he is getting national recognition. Bo knows basketball.
War the Badgers 2007 National Champs
Old 01-17-2007, 02:36 PM    (permalink
buckeyes12
Rookie

buckeyes12 needs more cowbell.

Wisonsin is just this year's Washington Huskies. They'll be that number 1 seed that barely reaches the sweet 16.

however if they lose a few games and slip out of the national radar and land a 3-4 seed, i will pick them to go to the elite 8 at least. They got the big men inside to score and play D, and the superstar on the outside, although inexperienced, should be a big impact for them.

UNC's winning it all anyway so it really doesn't matter. They win this year, barely lose any1 and come back and win it again next year. Dynasty 05, 07, 08. Hansbrough earns top 5 pick in 08 draft.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:03 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyes12
Wisonsin is just this year's Washington Huskies. They'll be that number 1 seed that barely reaches the sweet 16.

however if they lose a few games and slip out of the national radar and land a 3-4 seed, i will pick them to go to the elite 8 at least. They got the big men inside to score and play D, and the superstar on the outside, although inexperienced, should be a big impact for them.
Ok, sure if they have a harder schedule of course they will go put earlier. :roll:

Also I don't see the Washington comparison at all. They just barely got the #1 and didn't really deserve it. Wisconsin could be the Number one overall seed.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:21 PM    (permalink

The Hoosiers almost blew a 21 point lead last night. :(
Old 01-17-2007, 03:28 PM    (permalink
sik wit it
Rookie

sik wit it smells like sex panther.

Quote:

UNC's winning it all anyway so it really doesn't matter. They win this year, barely lose any1 and come back and win it again next year. Dynasty 05, 07, 08. Hansbrough earns top 5 pick in 08 draft.
HA. I can't stop laughing after I read this. INEXPERIENCED?? How? They are one of the most experienced team in college basketball. It usually comes down to matchups in the tournament. We have done some damage in the past, it just goes unnoticed. The badgers have enough depth, they have the talent, they have the experience, they have the coach, the swagger, the scheme. Alando Tucker doesn't have to drive the team for the Badgers to win. We can have a leading scorer every night. opponent, I am not scared whatsoever because I know they can win.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:30 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
It's ok, they just relaxed too early. When Iowa got back in it, Hoosiers woke up and put it away.

They are playing some good b-ball. That game against UCONN will be an EXCELLENT one.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 03:34 PM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV
Quote:
It's ok, they just relaxed too early. When Iowa got back in it, Hoosiers woke up and put it away.

They are playing some good b-ball. That game against UCONN will be an EXCELLENT one.
yeah excellent for us huskies should be an easy win
Old 01-17-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildDude
Quote:
Quote:

You're joking right? IU is a legit top 30 team.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:38 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I don't know man.

IU has lost to only very good teams (Butler, Duke, Kentucky and OSU), and has pushed all of them to the wire.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:43 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Durant played like an absolute superstar last night. If Oden doesn't come out, so be it. I'm actually excited to see what the Sixers are able to do with this draft. I haven't really been a fan of the team since Barkley left, so I'm excited for them to get a new superstar to lead them. Oden would be great for the city (they haven't had a true center in his prime since Malone). Either way, I'm very high on Durant, regardless of where he goes in the draft.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 03:46 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I don't know man.

IU has lost to only very good teams (Butler, Duke, Kentucky and OSU), and has pushed all of them to the wire.
We will prolly push UConn to the brink Saturday, but I expect us to lose. IU just has very poor talent right now. Stemler never played before more than 30 fans in his collegiant career before this year. Mike White is nonexistent. DJ looks 47. Ratliff looks like he's given up on basketball to pursue acting as Dumbo in the next Disney film, and Roddy Wilmont is definitely on steroids. When you add this all up, we have no basketball talent. So UConn should be weary of the Hoosiers because we play great D and are scrappy. If I recall, that's the same formula George Mason used last year to beat a much better UConn team.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:47 PM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

well uconns gonna be pissed that theyre out of the top 25 and will mess up indiana up... lets look at the starters shall we?

Indiana
G. Earl Calloway
G. Armon Bassett
G/SF. Roderick Wilmont
PF. Lance Stemler
C. DJ White

Key Bench Players
AJ Ratliff
Ben Allen
Joey Shaw

UCONN
PG. AJ Price
SG. Jerome Dyson
SF. Stanley Robinson
PF. Jeff Adrien
C. Hasheem Thabeet

Key Bench Players
Marcus Johnson
Curtis Kelly
Doug Wiggins
Jon Mendelove
Craig Austrie

the only edge Indiana has is DJ White over Hasheem Thabeet offensively but besides that eh
Old 01-17-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYmoney
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I don't know man.

We will prolly push UConn to the brink Saturday, but I expect us to lose. IU just has very poor talent right now. Stemler never played before more than 30 fans in his collegiant career before this year. Mike White is nonexistent. DJ looks 47. Ratliff looks like he's given up on basketball to pursue acting as Dumbo in the next Disney film, and Roddy Wilmont is definitely on steroids. When you add this all up, we have no basketball talent. So UConn should be weary of the Hoosiers because we play great D and are scrappy. If I recall, that's the same formula George Mason used last year to beat a much better UConn team.
Yes, the talent level on this team is average, but like you've said they are playing good D.

The funny part about IU is that every player has been incosistant this year, but it seems like every time one player struggles another one picks him up.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:53 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

Quote:
well uconns gonna be pissed that theyre out of the top 25 and will mess up indiana up... lets look at the starters shall we?

Indiana
G. Earl Calloway
G. Armon Bassett
G/SF. Roderick Wilmont
PF. Lance Stemler
C. DJ White

Key Bench Players
AJ Ratliff
Ben Allen
Joey Shaw

UCONN
PG. AJ Price
SG. Jerome Dyson
SF. Stanley Robinson
PF. Jeff Adrien
C. Hasheem Thabeet

Key Bench Players
Marcus Johnson
Curtis Kelly
Doug Wiggins
Jon Mendelove
Craig Austrie

the only edge Indiana has is DJ White over Hasheem Thabeet offensively but besides that eh
here's a sign of bias: you say UCONN has 5 KEY BENCH PLAYERS??? What are they the Eastern All-Stars? That's ridiculous.

Nonetheless, they play the game as a team, not 1 on 1. So many of those advantages tha tyou claim are negated.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:53 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Indiana has a much better team this year, but this is a potential trap game for the Hoosiers. UConn has a ton of talent, and I always give the coaching edge to Jim Calhoun, especially when he's developing young kids. I think he and his assistants do a tremendous job every year with this.

Regardless, Indiana should be able to execute better than UConn and should win. Still, I wouldn't be shocked if UConn hung in there and earned a great character win.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Let me guess. OSU to the final four?

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 03:55 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358
I think Indiana has a much better team this year, but this is a potential trap game for the Hoosiers. UConn has a ton of talent, and I always give the coaching edge to Jim Calhoun, especially when he's developing young kids. I think he and his assistants do a tremendous job every year with this.

Regardless, Indiana should be able to execute better than UConn and should win. Still, I wouldn't be shocked if UConn hung in there and earned a great character win.
How is an away game at UConn a trap game? I don't follow.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:56 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358

:?:

You make it sound like IU is a favorite in this game. I don't think they are.

UCONN has more talent on the team.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:56 PM    (permalink

IU doesn't have bad talent, but they are overachievers. They play great defense and are also a very good rebounding team despite having only two players that are over 6'9''. And if you think Ben Allen is a key bench player you don't know IU. The game will be close, to think it will be a blowout doesn't make sense. It will a tough win for us because we never seem to win on the road.