Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-04-2009, 09:27 PM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wayne Ellington looks clumsy, I always have a feeling he is going to trip over his own feet but the dude can shoot
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:36 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carolina's shooting ability (among other things, but most of all) is what's going to lead to this one being a blowout.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:57 PM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

when Ellington and Green are shooting well, Carolina is almost unbeatable
Old 04-04-2009, 09:59 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wayne is absolutely on fire tonight.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to see Michigan State's defense against UNC's offense.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:07 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Was I the only one in this thread to pick MSU over UConn? Hmm.
no sir you were not!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:22 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
I want to see Michigan State's defense against UNC's offense.
Here you go. http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=283380127
Old 04-04-2009, 11:21 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Granted we can't knock down a shot, but UNC's defense has been much, much more impressive than I expected going into this game. Offense has been more or less what I expected lol, though obviously worse this half.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:25 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll be cheering like hell for Michigan St. on Monday, I even passed up opening day Twins tickets to watch it, but North Carolina is seriously, seriously good. I think Suton can contain Hansbrough but unfortunately it probably won't be enough.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:26 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If UNC wins, which is a big if, do I get a special title for winning the Scott Wright Draft Countdown March Madness Pool, or if MSU wins, does Fischy get one, but anyway I like Michigan St., however I can make benjimans if UNC wins, so I got to go with the Heels.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:29 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn. I've dropped all the way from number two to thirty one. That bums me out.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:35 AM    (permalink
bigredballer
Rookie

bigredballer is a cocksman.bigredballer is a cocksman.bigredballer is a cocksman.

I was lucky enough to be at Ford Field for the games. The crowd is definitely a major plus for MSU. Right at the beginning of the second half I thought UCONN was going to run away with it, but the crown really helped out. After every MSU basket the crowd went crazy! I don't think the stadium had half the people in it for the UNC game....it felt like a High School game.

I think UNC has the talent to win, and as long as they stay out of foul trouble I think they do it by about 10-12 points. Suton needs to play better, as he was invisible out there most of the game. Lucas and Morgan were the stars tonight and need to play that way again to keep with Lawson and Ellington/Green. MSU's bench is also going to have to step it up, get something from Allen/Roe/Green/Summers to counter UNC's depth.

Bottom line: I think North Carolina is too much and too deep, takes it by about 10-12.
bigredballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:40 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Michigan State stands a chance, but it's impressive that they made it this far especially since they had to go through Louisville and UCONN to do so.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:43 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A little off topic, but Findlay Prep and Oak Hill, who are numbers one and two in the country play tommorow on ESPN. The two teams have a combined 7 players in the 2009 rivals top 150 and 5 more on the '10 list.

Last edited by yo123 : 04-05-2009 at 01:46 AM.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:44 AM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
A little off topic, but Findlay Prep and Oak Hill, who are numbers one and two in the country play tommorow on ESPN. The two teams have a combined 7 players in the 2009 rivals top 150.
Go Findlay Prep!

Avery Bradley has been a beast in this tourney
Old 04-05-2009, 01:45 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub11 View Post
Go Findlay Prep!

I watched a little of that game today, he went nuts in the first half, you got yourself a stud there.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:47 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do think UNC will win, after all I have had them since this time a year ago (I won't pick a team this early for next year). However, I think Michigan St. has a slight chance. If it were odds makers, I'd go 85% UNC, 15% Michigan State, but I am very impressed with Sparty and anything can happen.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:48 AM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I watched a little of that game today, he went nuts in the first half, you got yourself a stud there.
Cant wait to see him in Austin next year....Tristan Thompson looks like he is going to be really good as well
Old 04-05-2009, 01:52 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sparty vs. Ramses!

I hope the mascots fight.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 02:02 AM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Sparty vs. Ramses!

I hope the mascots fight.
Sparty would mount Ramses so, oh so quickly.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 02:03 AM    (permalink
JHG722
Veteran

JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.

Wayne Ellington reppin Wynnewood :)
Old 04-05-2009, 09:38 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cant wait to see him in Austin next year....Tristan Thompson looks like he is going to be really good as well
Don't forget Jordan Hamilton & Daniel Bejarano cdub. ;)

#2 Duke Blue Devils (10-0)
2010 National Champions!!
2014 Coaches vs Cancer Champions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Last edited by JRTPlaya21 : 04-05-2009 at 11:43 AM.
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:43 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Go Findlay Prep!

Great game today in the Finals which will determine the National Champ when Oak Hill plays Findlay. My mind tells me the Hill will win, but Montrose nearly beat Oak Hill this year and Findlay handed them. Oak Hill though still has the most ridiculous talent in the country. Tiny Gallon is going to be a beast at Oklahoma next year. He will help fill the void of losing Blake Griffin, there are few guys as skilled and big as Tiny. He should be a 17+11 guy his freshman year along with 3 or 4 assists a game. Also Doron Lamb is my #1 ranked 2 guard in next years class, the guy can flat out score. I think he ends up at Pitt or Louisville. The most interesting player on Oak Hill is Mo Mo Jones who might be the most talented scorer in the country but is way undersized. He's one of the most intriguing undeclared guys left in the pool. I hope he doesn't go to Duke, I hear Florida and USC are his top choices, not sure if Kentucky will keep that offer for him now. It's sick how like 9 of the 12 guys on the Oak Hill roster will be playing for major D-1 programs.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:55 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Go Findlay Prep!

another player from Washington that we are gonna miss out on. him and Siva this year.

(before you think, "oh, he's crazy, findlay prep is in Nevada" look up where Bradley is from. Yep, he played with Abdul Gaddy at Bellarmine Prep before he went to Findlay.)

that said, I pray every night he changes his mind and goes to UW, or that Josh Smith (#1 overall C, 2010) doesn't leave WA.

EDIT: And Tony Wroten Jr. (#1 Overall player in 2011 class for some, #1 SG guaranteed.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Last edited by jballa838 : 04-05-2009 at 10:58 AM.
jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:39 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I'll take LaQuinton Ross jballa.

#2 Duke Blue Devils (10-0)
2010 National Champions!!
2014 Coaches vs Cancer Champions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote