Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-05-2009, 11:29 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Avery Bradley is a ball hog. Very talented kid, can fill it up, can get to the rack, explosive, etc but that kid has no idea what team basketball is, his shot selection and decision making need a lot of work. Findlay actually played better down the stretch when he was on the bench because they could actually pass the ball around instead of having to watch Bradley dribble all over the place.

DJ Richardson is an Illinois recruit, #32 for Findlay I thought played extremely well. Just a glue guy who does everything on the court. Had very good numbers across the board and he's also a lock down type defender. Very excited to have him coming in, most likely will be a starter for us. DJ doesn't have any special qualities, he just does everything well.

I don't think Bradley is a ball hog really, for the most part he takes whats there, and hey, he's the best player on a high school team. Those guys usually take a lot of shots. He has a killer mid range game and is a great athlete.

I agree about Richardson and that's hard for me to say because I really don't like Illinois. Good athlete who can get to the rim and finish, also showed some good passing ability.

Liked what I saw from Corey Joseph although it looks like he's playing out of position at PG. He made some pretty bad decisions with the ball and needs to work on his ball handling. Kid can shoot the lights out though and I really hope he comes to Minnesota to team up with his brother.

Last edited by yo123 : 04-06-2009 at 12:22 AM.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:00 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hell yes. If(aka: when) UNC wins tomorrow I win my money pool. I'm eliminated from the NFLDC one, but I'd much rather win this one anyway.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:45 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sean Miller turns down Arizona, man, this is getting rough for them.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:48 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
I think that's a smart move by Miller. He's got a good thing going at Xavier and the pressure at 'Zona will be HUGE

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 01:00 AM    (permalink
JHG722
Veteran

JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.

Yay A10! :P
Old 04-06-2009, 01:09 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You would think that coaches would be breaking down the door for that job.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:38 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey Sniper...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/ncaato...ark&id=4044768
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
**** that. Michigan State can die in a fire for all I care.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:44 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lol. Go Spartans~
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:07 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
No, actually not at all. Hansbrough is a great college player, he's just also an unintentionally hilarious person. But put him against a solid defender and he can be contained. And I'm not sure why Cole is relevant in this.

I do think UNC will win, but it won't be because of Hansbrough it will be because Lawson will outplay the overrated Kalin Lucas and Ellington and Green are too much on the perimeter.

You mentioned Cole from last year and the scheme KU had on Hansbrough was too much. Besides Suton who they gonnah vae guard him ibok? KU also had Sacha Kaun out there.

I agree the reason they win this though will be the same reason they last time. Lawson is going to roast Lucas.

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:09 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I won't be rooting for Michigan State tonight, but I respect the hell out of Tom Izzo and wouldn't be devastated if he won another title.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
WTF. That's a complete journalistic hack-job. He's using a small sample size of MSU-rooting Wolverines and using that to represent the entire Wolverine nation. Absolutely ridiculous.

SPUCK THE FARTANS.
Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:14 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
WTF. That's a complete journalistic hack-job. He's using a small sample size of MSU-rooting Wolverines and using that to represent the entire Wolverine nation. Absolutely ridiculous.

SPUCK THE FARTANS.
Oh, I know. I started reading it and laughed because of how they presented the topic.

But I knew Sniper would love it. :D
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My bracket pool rests with the game tonight...the winner has already won, but i can finish second with an msu win, but if they lose, I fall all the way to fifth.....out of the money....GO SPARTANS.....
Old 04-06-2009, 02:44 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DETROIT -- Barring another last-minute change of plans, Sean Miller will be introduced as Arizona's next basketball coach despite the fact that he turned down the job late Sunday, a source has told CBSSports.com.

According to a source, Miller scheduled a Monday afternoon meeting with his staff, at which point he is expected to finalize the decision. The source said Arizona athletic director Jim Livengood called Miller early Monday after having been rejected and "significantly changed" the offer, which was initially around $2 million per year for seven seasons. At that point, the source said, Miller got better assurances on the number of "buy" games he would be allowed to schedule, as well as some enhanced promises about the way the team would travel. Thus, Miller's career at Xavier seems set to end after five seasons, four of which resulted in NCAA tournament appearances.

A statement is expected later Monday.

A news conference could come as early as Tuesday.

\
------------------

damn, my fav coach is now off to greener pastures. I was hoping he would stay at Xavier. A-10 ftw!

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...story/11599671
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Last edited by bored of education : 04-06-2009 at 02:50 PM.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Link please?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 04:03 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, he changed his mind it seems.

The way Olsen left destroyed that job. Miller is going to have some recruiting to do. Whoever takes the Xavier job is in a nice spot.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:35 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aldrich staying for his Junior year per Draft Express.com

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 04:50 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

James Johnson declared a few days back.

http://wyomingnews.com/articles/2009...s_04-04-09.txt

#3 Duke Blue Devils (6-0)
2010 National Champions!!
2014 Coaches vs Cancer Champions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 04:56 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, Brackins, Henderson, Mills, Blair, Flynn, Tyler Smith, Earl Clark & Tasmin Mitchell are expected to declare.

#3 Duke Blue Devils (6-0)
2010 National Champions!!
2014 Coaches vs Cancer Champions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 05:30 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Josh Pastner, 31 year old assistant coach who was under Calipari at Memphis and was going to follow him here may be the new Memphis coach. Good hire, could possibly retain some of the recruits as he already has a relationship and understands the dribble drive offense.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:53 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Josh Pastner, 31 year old assistant coach who was under Calipari at Memphis and was going to follow him here may be the new Memphis coach. Good hire, could possibly retain some of the recruits as he already has a relationship and understands the dribble drive offense.
he can keep all but Xavier Henry for all I care
Old 04-06-2009, 09:12 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Well, you won't like this lol.

Quote:
According to the source, Pastner would hire former Kansas player Carl Henry as the program's director of operations, which would keep signed recruit Xavier Henry, Carl's son, in the program. Xavier Henry, a 6-6 wing, is a McDonald's All-American and top-five prospect in the class of 2009.
Not sure on the impact with Cousins, I think he still goes elsewhere but I'd say Wesley Witherspoon won't be transferring.

Daring but solid hire by Memphis, IMO. Pastner is going to be the next great coach. Sucks for UK to not have him as an assistant.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:32 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For all the talk about Michigan State's defense, North Carolina's defense is really giving the Spartans trouble early on.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:33 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And the blowout begins.