Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-07-2009, 02:30 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroomDawgs View Post
I miss the 90's and Early 2000's. In '98 an elite 8 mathcup was 8 seed rhode island against 3 seed stanford. In 2000 8 Seed UNC made the final 4. Nowadays if anyone picked an 8 seed to the final 4 they'd be called crazy
In 2000 the #8 seeded Wisconsin Badgers also made it to the Final Four

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:33 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
Please don't say that. Seeing Sparty get completely smacked made my day. :)
Meh I would much rather root for a local team than a squad like UNC. Would have loved to see Hansbrough never win a title.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:40 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

This is my early top 10 for next season:

1. Kansas Jayhawks- Cole Aldrich is back and are expected to land either Lance Stephenson or Xavier Henry. Should Sherron COllins return they'd be a lock for number 1
2. Louisville Cardinals- They lose Terrence Williams but Clark, Samuels, Smith, Sosa, and Knowles return, along with a couple of 4 star players. Should Earl Clark declare though it would drop them.
3. Purdue Boilermakers- Purdue is returning all 5 starters from a team that won the big ten tourney and made the sweet 16.
4. Duke Blue Devils- This ranking rests a lot on Gerald Henderson returning. If he does, Duke will have all 5 of its starters returning and a pretty deep bench with Zoubek, Williams, and 5 star Ryan Kelly.
5. Syracuse Orange- Should Jonny Flynn return they would be number 2 in my book but my guess is he will be gone for good. Still, they return sharpshooters Eric Devendorf and Andy Rautins and Big man Arinze Onuaku. Paul Harris returns too but is wildly inconsistent.
6. Tennessee Volunteers- The team was very inconsistent but Smith, Chism, Prince, Maze and Hopson all return along with Brian Williams, Cameron Tatum, and incoming 4 star Kenny Hall
7. Michigan State Spartans- They lose starters Suton and Walton but return, Lucus, Roe, and Morgan in addition to a deep bench with Durrell SUmmers, Korie Luscious, Draymond Green, Chris Allen as well as incoming freshman center Garrick Sherman. Him and Tom Herzog must replace Suton adequately to make another title run.
8. Kentucky Wildcats- This is based a lot off potential. Meeks is gone but should Patterson return and Freshamn studs DeMarcus Cousins and John Wall committ to Kentucky as expected it would give them a huge bug three as well as role players like Perry stevenson, Darius Miller and Ramon Harris.
9. Washington Huskies- They lose Star big man Brockman but return Quincy Pondexter, Isiah Thomas, and fan favorite Venoy Overton, as well as bringing in 5 star stud Abdul Gaddy.
10. West virginia Mountaineers- Return everyone besides Alex Ruoff from a team that was very impressive up until the NCAA tourney toward the end of last year.

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:40 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
In 2000 the #8 seeded Wisconsin Badgers also made it to the Final Four

That too! I miss those days.

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
LOL props to Paul
Old 04-07-2009, 02:52 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is my early top 10 for next season:

1. Kansas Jayhawks- Cole Aldrich is back and are expected to land either Lance Stephenson or Xavier Henry. Should Sherron COllins return they'd be a lock for number 1
2. Louisville Cardinals- They lose Terrence Williams but Clark, Samuels, Smith, Sosa, and Knowles return, along with a couple of 4 star players. Should Earl Clark declare though it would drop them.
3. Purdue Boilermakers- Purdue is returning all 5 starters from a team that won the big ten tourney and made the sweet 16.
4. Duke Blue Devils- This ranking rests a lot on Gerald Henderson returning. If he does, Duke will have all 5 of its starters returning and a pretty deep bench with Zoubek, Williams, and 5 star Ryan Kelly.
5. Syracuse Orange- Should Jonny Flynn return they would be number 2 in my book but my guess is he will be gone for good. Still, they return sharpshooters Eric Devendorf and Andy Rautins and Big man Arinze Onuaku. Paul Harris returns too but is wildly inconsistent.
6. Tennessee Volunteers- The team was very inconsistent but Smith, Chism, Prince, Maze and Hopson all return along with Brian Williams, Cameron Tatum, and incoming 4 star Kenny Hall
7. Michigan State Spartans- They lose starters Suton and Walton but return, Lucus, Roe, and Morgan in addition to a deep bench with Durrell SUmmers, Korie Luscious, Draymond Green, Chris Allen as well as incoming freshman center Garrick Sherman. Him and Tom Herzog must replace Suton adequately to make another title run.
8. Kentucky Wildcats- This is based a lot off potential. Meeks is gone but should Patterson return and Freshamn studs DeMarcus Cousins and John Wall committ to Kentucky as expected it would give them a huge bug three as well as role players like Perry stevenson, Darius Miller and Ramon Harris.
9. Washington Huskies- They lose Star big man Brockman but return Quincy Pondexter, Isiah Thomas, and fan favorite Venoy Overton, as well as bringing in 5 star stud Abdul Gaddy.
10. West virginia Mountaineers- Return everyone besides Alex Ruoff from a team that was very impressive up until the NCAA tourney toward the end of last year.
Clark has already declared
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:56 PM    (permalink
JHG722
Veteran

JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I miss the 90's and Early 2000's. In '98 an elite 8 mathcup was 8 seed rhode island against 3 seed stanford. In 2000 8 Seed UNC made the final 4. Nowadays if anyone picked an 8 seed to the final 4 they'd be called crazy
In 2000 we were a 2 seed, which wont happen again for a very very very long time. We also choked big time. :/
Old 04-07-2009, 03:03 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Nova is going to be monster next year. Yes losing Cunningham and DA sucks but they have IMO the top recruiting class in the country with Dominic Cheek and the twin towers from Montrose. Also if Damion James returns to school I have Texas as a top 3 school with their sick recruiting class. I also think Oklahoma is borderline top 10 if Willie Warren stays in school. Warren and Crocker will be the top scorers and Patilla should step in and be a defensive presense inside. The reason I love them though is because of their sick recruiting class. Tiny Gallon might be a one and done next year as guys as big, athletic, and skilled as him don't come along often. He could average 17+11 next year. He has the body of Dajuan Blare but is taller, longer, more athletic, and has better perimeter skills and some nasty ballhandling and passing. He will most definitely be under 300 pounds next year and is really starting to sculpt his body. The fact that he can knock it down from 3 point range makes him scarier. My sleeper pick to be top 10 pick whenever he declares. Not many talk about him, but he is becoming more of a monster every day. Tommy-Mason Griffin another elite top 15 recruit will step in and be a playmaker at PG, and will be better than Austin Johnson. Add to that a huge big like Fitzgerald and Pledger who is a scoring machine and this team could be a top 15 team all year especially if Warren becomes that 20 ppg scorer like he should be.
Also Carolina deserves an honorary spot in the top 10. Ty Lawson and Ellington aren't confirmed to be gone yet. With that said Ed Davis said he's staying, Ginyard is back and he is IMO the best defender in the country, and pairing Ed Davis with John Henson is so sick. They also have Strickland and McDonald who are sick scorers. Inside no doubt they will be good with Ed Davis, Deon Thompson probably starting but also with Zeller, and the Wear twins coming in which is like having 2 Hansborough's lol.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:09 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Clark has already declared
Link? I have not seen this.

I thought about putting in Carolina but losing the experiance of those 4 starters (i'd be stunned if Ellington and Lawson returned) will be tough. I don't think Strickland will be able to replace what ty lawson was to that team for at least a year, and they don't have a such a great sharpshooter like Ellington now.

As youcan tell my rankings are based a whole lot off experiance rather than uber-recruit talent coming in with the exception of kentucky.

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
LOL props to Paul

Last edited by CroomDawgs : 04-07-2009 at 03:14 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:14 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For what it's worth, Kalin Lucas said he's not sure if he's returning or not. He'd be stupid to declare, but I guess he's considering it.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:15 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Link? I have not seen this.

I thought about putting in Carolina but losing the experiance of those 4 starters (i'd be stunned if Ellington and Lawson returned) will be tough. I don't think Strickland will be able to replace what ty lawson was to that team for at least a year, and they don't have a such a great sharpshooter like Ellington now.

As youcan tell my rankings are based a whole lot off experiance rather than uber-recruit talent coming in with the exception of kentucky.
Earliar this morning on ESPN first take i think they were discussing it but, i never said u had to put in carolina, we are going to be very young but in a couple years we could be elite again if davis stays
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:16 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

http://http://basketballrecruiting.r...asp?CID=932823

UNC in the mix for Wall now. Wow

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
LOL props to Paul
Old 04-07-2009, 03:17 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Earliar this morning on ESPN first take i think they were discussing it but, i never said u had to put in carolina, we are going to be very young but in a couple years we could be elite again if davis stays
Oh no i was referring to SeanTaylorRIP post haha no disrespect intended Carolina i s my second favorite team after Mississippi STate lol.

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
LOL props to Paul
Old 04-07-2009, 03:20 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

http://ktar.com/sports/?sid=1116747&nid=25
Harden's declaring

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
LOL props to Paul
Old 04-07-2009, 03:27 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope either Taj gibson or DeMar DeRozan stay for one more year.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:28 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
I hope either Taj gibson or DeMar DeRozan stay for one more year.
They'd b e a team to watch if they did, but I don't think either one will

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
LOL props to Paul
Old 04-07-2009, 03:32 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here you go Croom on Clark.

http://www.transworldnews.com/NewsSt...id=82718&cat=6

Earl Clark has officially signed with Byron Irvin and Dan Fegan of BEST, according to Fegan himself.

#2 Duke Blue Devils (10-0)
2010 National Champions!!
2014 Coaches vs Cancer Champions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:34 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tyler Smith is also gone as well according to Bruce Pearl. Imo you have Louisville way to high.

Old 04-07-2009, 03:36 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

Blake Griffin is gone per ESPN News news conference.

Old 04-07-2009, 03:39 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They'd b e a team to watch if they did, but I don't think either one will
I think one of them might stay, I just have this feeling.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:40 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That too! I miss those days.
Was it three years ago 11th seeded George Mason made it to the FF? And one year ago 10th seed Davidson came tantalizingly close before bowing out to the eventual champs in a hotly contested game?

Come on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:49 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
Was it three years ago 11th seeded George Mason made it to the FF? And one year ago 10th seed Davidson came tantalizingly close before bowing out to the eventual champs in a hotly contested game?

Come on.
One team though. Back in the day there were 10's, 8's, 6's, 9's all in the elite 8 and final four.

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
LOL props to Paul
Old 04-07-2009, 03:50 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
Tyler Smith is also gone as well according to Bruce Pearl. Imo you have Louisville way to high.
Wow did not see that one coming with Smith. Why would he leave?

With Clark gone now i'm gonna drop them to about 7th or 8th.

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
LOL props to Paul
Old 04-07-2009, 03:58 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2009/...newed-purpose/

Old 04-07-2009, 04:24 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meeks is entering without an agent, I doubt he goes.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 04:26 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I think Nova is going to be monster next year. Yes losing Cunningham and DA sucks but they have IMO the top recruiting class in the country with Dominic Cheek and the twin towers from Montrose.
I love the love. Should be an interesting season next year. We're going to be bigger but able to play smaller, we'll have better athletes all over the floor, and we're going to be a lot deeper.

Mouph and Sutton should both play the 5, Pena probably can as well but should play mostly 4. Mouph's going to provide inside scoring and shot blocking that we haven't had, though he may have some trouble getting up and down the floor compared to the guys we've had. Sutton I have no idea how much he's going to get on the floor, but he's a good athlete and can really get up and down and block shots. Doesn't have awful touch either, hopefully he can develop over the course of his career. Three star that redshirted last year. Both are like 6'10, 6'11. Pena has had trouble with fouling and traveling but is a talented interior scorer and a good athlete. He'll be our most experienced post guy. We'll have two true centers and shot blockers in the middle as opposed to last year.

Pena will probably get lots of play time at the 4 and I went into him already. Armwood should play some 4 as well as some 3 next year. Not sure how quickly he's going to come in and get play time but he's a hell of an athlete who can block some shots and get up and down the floor. Decent touch, but he'll be a work in progress. I'd imagine King transferring in from Duke will play a little 4 and a little 3 next year though he's small for the 4. Not a great athlete but pretty strong and a good rebounder for his size at 6'6. Only should play the 4 in smallish/stretch the court lineups. His shooting is really what makes him dangerous.

The 3 should be a big mix. TK and Armwood can play it depending on the lineup. Redding, Stokes, and Cheek should all be able to play some 3 and with TK should be the primary guys. RR and Stokes are both mostly 2 guards so they can play up if necessary or depending on the lineup but they can both rebound well enough and are big enough to do it. Same deal with Dom Cheek. Lots of versatility so it'll be interesting to see who ends up there.

At the 2 RR will probably start. Pretty good athlete, improving as a scorer and shooting with his feet set. Very good passer and possibly our best perimeter defender, great rebounder for his size on the offensive and defensive glass, can handle the ball in a pinch. Wouldn't be surprised to see a big improvement from him. Stokes is basically a shooter at this point, but he's worked on getting some midrange game and layups in there. Improving defensively, and a better athlete than he looks like on the floor, hopefully he shows some more next year. Dom is going to be able to do lots of little things for us, rebounding and defending, shooting the ball, will probably step in and be one of our better athletes. Seeing the success the guys had coming out of Bobby Hurley's program last year, I'm excited to see what he can do for us next year. Scottie should be able to play some two as should Fish in a pinch, both can play on or off the ball.

At the 1 I'm sure Scottie is going to start. Scottie's obviously a great shooter and offensive playmaker, team leader, hopefully he can get himself drafted with a good season. Great energy on the defensive end, high basketball IQ despite making some bad plays from time to time. Fish should be good as always and I expect a step forward. Great penetrator, streaky shooter, great vision. I think the athlete's we've got coming in will result in more assists and flashy passes for him, but he's got a chance to move on to the NBA with his quicks and handle, though it can be kind of high sometimes. Coming in we've got Maalik Wayns who should be a great fit for our system and could really do some things for us.

Losing Dante will hurt mostly because we won't be able to switch as much defensively and won't have the same kind of consistency scoring. In exchange we get more height and shot blocking, but it's not going to help. DA just made all the big plays so that will be missed, and Shane did some nice things as well defensively and knocking down threes from time to time on offense. It could take awhile to get into the swing of things, but the depth, athleticism and talent of this team makes us a potentially dangerous thing. Year after when we've gelled a little more and James Bell comes in along with maybe some other guys should be really interesting we'll have lots more experience and could be really dangerous.

Not that you can replace people but if Cheek can do some of the things that DA did, Mouph and our other guys can make up for losing Dante's scoring, and Armwood can replace Shane Clark more or less, we're bringing in Taylor King, Maurice Sutton, and Maalik Wayns as bonuses. If everybody can contribute we're going from 8 deep to 11 deep with a lot more versatility which should be really nice. I think we can be real solid, maybe not as good as last year but if things break right it's possible.
derza222 is online now   Reply With Quote