Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-08-2009, 07:06 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tasmin Mitchell declares

http://www.wwltv.com/sports/lsu/stor....b68b42df.html

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:05 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Orton is still committed to UK

http://kykernel.com/2009/04/08/break...k-father-says/

Duke Blue Devils

Old 04-08-2009, 09:16 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
1.Kansas
2.Kentucky

3.Syracuse

4-25.Everyone else
I can dig that :D

IF Wall comes, that is absolutely huge for us. We are a top 5 (preseason anyway) team if that happens. We'd have the #1 and #2 overall freshman along with two of the best players in college basketball who are upperclassman (assuming they don't declare). We'll probably take our lumps early in the season getting used to the new coaching style I'd say.

Orton is due in KY for the Derby Classic, I'm afraid he's waiting to ask for his release till after that. Our frontcourt would be insane if he stays.

Calipari is wanting to play the hardest schedules in the country, said he wants to start a series with Kansas and UCLA along with the ones we already have with Indiana/UNC/UofL.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:22 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
I can dig that :D

IF Wall comes, that is absolutely huge for us. We are a top 5 (preseason anyway) team if that happens. We'd have the #1 and #2 overall freshman along with two of the best players in college basketball who are upperclassman (assuming they don't declare). We'll probably take our lumps early in the season getting used to the new coaching style I'd say.

Orton is due in KY for the Derby Classic, I'm afraid he's waiting to ask for his release till after that. Our frontcourt would be insane if he stays.

Calipari is wanting to play the hardest schedules in the country, said he wants to start a series with Kansas and UCLA along with the ones we already have with Indiana/UNC/UofL.
Was at Keeneland today and saw John Calipari!
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:54 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
Was at Keeneland today and saw John Calipari!
Did you at least bow? Hopefully his hot daughter was with him, poor girl. I should go there soon.

Evan Daniels of Scout is still sticking to his story that Orton is gone and he got the quotes from Daniel himself while the ones say he won't be leaving are from his father. Who knows, I hope he stays.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:02 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

I really think he should stay but I wouldn't blame him for going.

Duke Blue Devils

Old 04-09-2009, 12:03 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Did you at least bow? Hopefully his hot daughter was with him, poor girl. I should go there soon.

Evan Daniels of Scout is still sticking to his story that Orton is gone and he got the quotes from Daniel himself while the ones say he won't be leaving are from his father. Who knows, I hope he stays.
Well I didnt say anything to him. I was in awe...and I was afraid maybe I was mistaken. He was at the concession stand and I was turning in a ticket that won me about 20 bucks. It was a nice moment...seeing Calipari and winning 20 bucks!

Orton and Cousins would be beast. Doubt we keep orton though =(.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:02 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

UK and North Carolina lead odds for 2010 championship at 14:1. Pretty ridiculous they already have them out and have UK that high when it's banking on players coming here that haven't even committed.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:34 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

DeRozan, Gibson, and Hackett are all expected to declare for the draft. Sorry Braveheart.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/colleg...,5588022.story

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:15 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
UK and North Carolina lead odds for 2010 championship at 14:1. Pretty ridiculous they already have them out and have UK that high when it's banking on players coming here that haven't even committed.
As a Kentucky fan you like it though

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:27 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
As a Kentucky fan you like it though
But of course... Doesn't mean it's not ridiculous though lol. If we do get Wall and Meeks/Patterson stay, we're a top 5 team easy.

Kansas, Purdue, MSU, and Syracuse should all be tough. UNC will be talented but young assuming people leave.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:15 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But of course... Doesn't mean it's not ridiculous though lol. If we do get Wall and Meeks/Patterson stay, we're a top 5 team easy.

Kansas, Purdue, MSU, and Syracuse should all be tough. UNC will be talented but young assuming people leave.
How is that different from Kentucky?

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 05:31 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETS5128 View Post
How is that different from Kentucky?
Felton and Ellington just won a title, our guys didn't make the tournament. Felton and Ellington are now top 20 guys. Patterson is top 15 possibly but hasn't even put his name in yet, Meeks is only leaving if he's first round... Which by all accounts he isn't at this point. So yes, completely different to answer your question.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:34 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

according to Daniel Orton it's either staying at UK or going to KU for him.interesting Aldrich, Orton and Withey
Old 04-09-2009, 05:44 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

Quote:
Felton and Ellington just won a title, our guys didn't make the tournament. Felton and Ellington are now top 20 guys. Patterson is top 15 possibly but hasn't even put his name in yet, Meeks is only leaving if he's first round... Which by all accounts he isn't at this point. So yes, completely different to answer your question.
You mean Lawson?

Duke Blue Devils

Old 04-09-2009, 05:56 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
You mean Lawson?
LOL... Yes, that was embarrassing. At least I got the position and team right.

For you KU guys...

Quote:
— He remains committed to UK saying, “in my heart I still want to go there.” Later he used the phrase “mainly I am still with Kentucky.” When asked what could make him change his mind he said, “if I found a negative aspect about Kentucky or about Coach Calipari.”

— He will not make a final decision until after the Derby Festival. “Me, my brother and my dad will sit down and talk about it and assess our options.”

— He spoke a great deal about Kansas and he consistently brought up how much he liked Coach Self. When asked why he said that Self was the only Coach who called and asked to speak to his mom instead of his dad. Orton thought that to be very considerate. It seems that Kansas may be his only other possibility saying “I dont want to open it up too much.”

— He said the whole situation of Gillispie leaving brought “more instability in my life.” He has talked to Gillispie who simply apologized to him and wished him well.

— I asked him about playing with Cousins and he said, “I like Demarcus. I do believe we can play well together and we would compliment each other really well.”

— Daniel is one of the nicest kids you will ever meet. You can tell he is uncomfortable with all the attention, but he handles it well and answers every question and honors every request for an autograph or picture from the fans. A great kid.
Really feel bad for him, lost his mom a couple months ago now all this.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:46 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

So Flynn, Harris and Devendorf all declared today. Flynn will not hire an agent but Devendorf is expected to and Harris might.

Really I wouldn't be too upset to see Harris or Devendorf go. We are so ridiculously deep that playing time would be an issue if they were to stay. Flynn needs to come back though so we can keep our National Championship caliber team.

Harris and Devo don't get along with head coach Jim Boeheim and it has been reported that they all came to a "mutal agreement" for Harris and Devo to declare. People think Harris and Devo's off-the-court issues plus their poor grades came into play as well.

As for the draft, I can't see Harris or Devo to be selected earlier than mid-to-late second round. Harris has more potential than Devo simply due to his athleticism.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 07:14 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

Jrue Holiday will declare

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...,7100890.story

Duke Blue Devils

Old 04-09-2009, 07:33 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroomDawgs View Post
DeRozan, Gibson, and Hackett are all expected to declare for the draft. Sorry Braveheart.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/colleg...,5588022.story
Well aint that a *****? Hopefully we get MoMo Jones now that we have some open schollies.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:42 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I figured it had to be off the court stuff for Devendorf to declare, no way he actually thought he was ready.

Do you all have a guy that could be decent to fill in for Flynn? Granted, losing him would obviously hurt no matter what. I guess I'm saying where do you think 'Cuse would be ranked if all three did leave, in the preseason polls anyway.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:50 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
I figured it had to be off the court stuff for Devendorf to declare, no way he actually thought he was ready.

Do you all have a guy that could be decent to fill in for Flynn? Granted, losing him would obviously hurt no matter what. I guess I'm saying where do you think 'Cuse would be ranked if all three did leave, in the preseason polls anyway.
Brandon Triche is a freshman coming in that will likely be our backup PG. It would hurt ALOT if Flynn left. Harris and Devo, not so much.

If all three left, I doubt we are ranked in the top 25 preseason. If all but Flynn left (most likely scenario), we would probably be top 5/10.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:44 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if flynn leaves, the big east is gonna be down by their standards

thats good news for wvu though

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:04 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

College basketball always goes through its cycles. This year the Big East had the upperclassmen and it showed. With them gone, it's probably the Big 10's turn next season. Seems like leagues build up then fall back and start over with young guys, that's what the SEC is going through now.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:39 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

Lance is going to pick soon

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/co..._st_johns.html

Duke Blue Devils

Old 04-10-2009, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
Iam praying that he chooses St. Johns.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is online now   Reply With Quote