Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-12-2009, 12:15 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
It's too early to tell who will battle for Big East supremacy. Cuse could lose Flynn, Devendorf, Harris and Rautins. Villanova loses Cunningham, the heart and soul of their team, and could lose Reynolds.
Cunningham wasn't really the heart and soul of the team at all. He was certainly our most consistent performer and a huge part of the team offensively and defensively, but the heart and soul of the team was really Dwayne Anderson. He's gone anyway so the point is kind of moot, but we have leaders who will step up and Frank Tsuisi will be back next year as a graduate assistant.

Losing Reynolds I would have mixed feelings about. If he goes he's not nearly a guarantee to be drafted so I don't think he does, but it would free up some play time to a lot of our younger talented guards. He can really carry the team when hot and is a great leader with a high basketball IQ most of the time, but he also makes very poor decisions at times leading to wasted possessions off of bad shots and turnovers. He's improved at letting the game come to him put still can hurt us.

Regardless it is definitely very early to see who is going to be atop the Big East. But with our tourney experience from this year along with a strong recruiting class and some other guys coming in that redshirted last year, I think we've got a chance to be a very good team. Come the year after is when I think we'll really hit our stride though, depending on the 2010 recruits we get.

Universally considered to be our worst recruit coming in this year, Isaiah Armwood with a pretty impressive dunk:

The guy at the end is Mouph Yarou, our 6'10 five star big guy coming in.

Last edited by derza222 : 04-12-2009 at 12:19 PM.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:25 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had pretty much conceded Henry to KU but I think UK is at least bigger into the picture at this point although we're still trailing. Calipari has been out in LA to make his pitch to him and Wall. I'll be dancing in the streets if we get Wall, he is out of this world.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:36 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if Henry takes a visit to UK I think he ends up there
Old 04-12-2009, 05:41 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Solomon Hill picks Zona instead of USC

http://www.azdesertswarm.com/2009/4/...l-picks-u-of-a

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 06:15 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miller also got Kyryl Natyazhko who is a 4* big guy. Already getting things going in AZ, I hope he does well there.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:35 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PG Lamont Jones was at USC earlier this week. Hopefully Tim Floyd can pick him up.

Old 04-12-2009, 07:06 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mo Mo is an amazing scoring guard, just not sure how he will do it on the big level with his height. To me he's actually an exact copy of Maureece Rice who was the greatest scorer in Philly high school bball history but ended up just having an average collegiate career at George Washington although he's now one of the top scorers in the NBDL. Mo Mo can definitely fill it up in the college game although I don't think he will do it consistently and I don't think he has an NBA future. Not a big market for 6 foot shooting guards.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lance is coming to STJ this week! I will be so pumped if we get him.....c'mon Henry, you know your heart is in Kansas!
Old 04-12-2009, 08:51 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Lance is coming to STJ this week! I will be so pumped if we get him.....c'mon Henry, you know your heart is in Kansas!
come on one of you so the drama can end
Old 04-12-2009, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
come on one of you so the drama can end
I doubt Lance will commit before Henry unless we blow his socks off this weekend. I dont care how long it takes......getting Lance could totally revitalize STJ b-ball......and make my senior year A LOT more fun. Mase and Stephenson along with guys like Kennedy, Horne, Booth, and Burrell has some potential.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:17 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Sherron and Cole's relatives hint they will return

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2009/a...s-will-return/
Old 04-13-2009, 12:47 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I'm starting to think....

Xavier Henry and John Wall to Kentucky
Daniel Orton to Kansas

From the interviews this weekend for Orton, I think he'll be asking out of his LOI here and heading to Kansas. Then with Henry deciding to visit Kentucky I think that puts him in our favor.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:16 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
I'm starting to think....

Xavier Henry and John Wall to Kentucky
Daniel Orton to Kansas

From the interviews this weekend for Orton, I think he'll be asking out of his LOI here and heading to Kansas. Then with Henry deciding to visit Kentucky I think that puts him in our favor.
great we lose out on X and Lance.I hate the Henry's
Old 04-13-2009, 01:34 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Flynn is going to sign with an agent this week. FML.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 02:43 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
great we lose out on X and Lance.I hate the Henry's
I would still figure you get Stephenson, given Self apparently went up to visit him this weekend I'd say he's making the final push.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
We need him so bad. He will probaly be a 1 and done player but at least he brings back some respectability to St. Johns.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:24 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Lance to decide in a few days per zagsblog
Old 04-13-2009, 05:46 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup, I posted a link a page or two back lol.

Duke Blue Devils

Old 04-13-2009, 06:48 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

Nolan Dennis will pick within a week.

Duke Blue Devils

Old 04-13-2009, 06:49 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
Yup, I posted a link a page or two back lol.
sorry did'nt check.my bad
Old 04-13-2009, 07:01 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Calipari is having one last practice with the team then talking to the players about their futures. My guess is once people announce they're transferring, Dennis will announce for UK. I haven't heard him even mention another team and if he's deciding this week, you'd have to think it's UK because he really wants to play for Calipari.

We've got zero scholarships to give. I'm thinking Orton will leave for KU then there are two that will probably be told they don't have a scholarship for next year along with one that has rumored academic issues. If three of those leave then that clears room for Dennis, Henry and Wall if they all decide to come here.

And if Wall and Henry did sign here.... Oh my.... Granted there will be a mass exodus in 2010 with the amount of seniors we have and players that would probably go pro but next year could be special.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:36 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, so apparently Deshawn Sims and Manny Harris are talking about coming out together this year. I don't think Sims has much of a shot at getting drafted and Harris is a 2nd rounder, this would be a monumentally bad blow for Michigan and a terrible decision for those two.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:48 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Stephenson...At least he has no doubt he wants to come here, unlike Henry.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:27 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/break...y/1140554.html

Collins and Aldrich returning. Championship.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:57 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
http://www.kansascity.com/news/break...y/1140554.html

Collins and Aldrich returning. Championship.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOO