Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-20-2007, 01:32 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am no longer a Blue Devil fan. I am a UW-Milwaukee Panther fan. Duke is an awful team. They are overrated. #17 is still too high, they are terrible. I will cheer for the Pearl if UWM does not make the tourney.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu
I am no longer a Blue Devil fan. I am a UW-Milwaukee Panther fan. Duke is an awful team. They are overrated. #17 is still too high, they are terrible. I will cheer for the Pearl if UWM does not make the tourney.
They won't. They're not as good as they've been the last few years. But, hey, you could always cheer for UW.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:45 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston
Quote:
They won't. They're not as good as they've been the last few years. But, hey, you could always cheer for UW.
UWM is terrible this year. I'm glad to hear you have given up on Duke though. I can't even make myself sit through a Panther game this year, but they seem to be getting good recruits. In the High School game on ESPN a couple nights ago it was the 22nd ranked school against the 1st and UWM is getting a starter from each team. I know he had to take the Tennesee job but I can't root for Pearl anymore. Jump on Wisconsin while you can.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
oh god, they're 15-3 . That's not exatly terrible. What do you expect from such a young team with paulus at the PG?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Tubby
Pro Bowler

Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.

Does anybody disagree that the University of Washington Huskies will be a powerhouse in years to come? Spencer Hawes isnt having a good enough season to declare for the draft, and we have Adrain Oliver and Quincy Pondexter tearing it up. In another season or two we're back on top.

Sig by rainbeaukid2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Everyone pwns the Rams.
Tubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 02:36 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubby
Does anybody disagree that the University of Washington Huskies will be a powerhouse in years to come? Spencer Hawes isnt having a good enough season to declare for the draft, and we have Adrain Oliver and Quincy Pondexter tearing it up. In another season or two we're back on top.
Considering Hawes probably will declare and Pondexter may, who knows. However, with so many young players not fit for the NBA right now, I could see us being beastly next year. If they did happen to become a powerhouse, potentially Final Four team, the good portions of the team would all declare. We'll have to count on Romar to continue recruiting well.

Oh but first we should try to actually make the tournament this year, because at the rate we're going, we won't.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:37 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Quote:
oh god, they're 15-3 . That's not exatly terrible. What do you expect from such a young team with paulus at the PG?
Oh so now you flip flop, nice TT. :roll:

And this is what I've been saying all god damn year long. They are not good, period.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 02:38 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

any Indiana fans in here, cuz Dougie Wiggins is gonna light you guys up, he gets his 1st start 2day

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
New York Knicks (unfortunately)
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
NYGibril28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 02:39 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Quote:
Oh so now you flip flop, nice TT. :roll:

And this is what I've been saying all god damn year long. They are not good, period.
That was a nice play by Fraizer.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:56 PM    (permalink
sik wit it
Rookie

sik wit it smells like sex panther.

can the badgers get a ******* call?!?!
Old 01-20-2007, 02:56 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sik wit it
can the badgers get a *********** call?!?!
They have been right so far.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wisconsin seems to play to the level of their competition.

EDIT: That was an amazing rebound by tucker.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 03:07 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

How about that that possession.
Old 01-20-2007, 03:07 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
very much like Kansas
Old 01-20-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
sik wit it
Rookie

sik wit it smells like sex panther.

they get the win and can play a close game. The badgers are a top level team, even with their recent play. Badgers WILL be a national contender
Old 01-20-2007, 03:25 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

EDIT: That was an amazing rebound by tucker.
Illinois is a lot better than their record. And we showed that today.

Free throw shooting really hurt us in the this game. I think if we make our FT's, we win this ball game.

Also, 3 very bad calls down the stretch that even Majerus called the refs on. I'm not going to blame the refs here for our loss but you cannot make those calls in this type of game.

Credit to Wisky for the win, but I'm disappointed that we didn't pull this game out.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 01-20-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Don't even start with me dude. Even one of your boys said the refs called you a good game.

Quote:
Old 01-20-2007, 03:28 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Don't even start with me dude. Even one of your boys said the refs called you a good game.
If anything they got the ones wrong that favored Wisconsin. I was impressed by Fraizer and I wouldn't be surprised if Illinois makes the Sweet 16.
Old 01-20-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12
Quote:
Quote:
If anything they got the ones wrong that favored Wisconsin. I was impressed by Fraizer and I wouldn't be surprised if Illinois makes the Sweet 16.
Right now we're probably in the NIT. A win against Wisky today really would have helped in this game.

People look at our record and think we are just a bad team, but as you saw today, we went toe to toe with the #3 team in the nation. And it's not like Wisky played bad, it was a well played game on both sides.

Like I said earlier, it's a game we let get away. But Wisky is very experienced and poised in games like this and they showed it. We really need to go on a run here in the Big 10, a very big run. And we probably need to make the Championship game of the Big 10 tourney.

Quote:
Old 01-20-2007, 03:39 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Right now we're probably in the NIT. A win against Wisky today really would have helped in this game.

People look at our record and think we are just a bad team, but as you saw today, we went toe to toe with the #3 team in the nation. And it's not like Wisky played bad, it was a well played game on both sides.

Like I said earlier, it's a game we let get away. But Wisky is very experienced and poised in games like this and they showed it. We really need to go on a run here in the Big 10, a very big run. And we probably need to make the Championship game of the Big 10 tourney.
Yeah, they're in a bad position now, but I really think the could make some noise in the Tourney. They have the good teams in the Big Ten out of the way so they have an easy schedule to finish on. It's then like you said the Big Ten Tournament. I don't think the have to go to the finals, the semis should do.
Old 01-20-2007, 03:46 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UConn is playing great today, Stanley Robinson is a beast

Indiana hit their shots early, so its tied at the half, but UConn dominated the 2nd half of the 1st half.

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
New York Knicks (unfortunately)
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
NYGibril28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
They looked good today, but I still wouldn't count on them to win any more than one tournament game if they got there. Their hardest games are behind them now until the Big 10 tournament, so unless they are truly dominant until then I don't think I'll be able to see it much differently
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
They looked good today, but I still wouldn't count on them to win any more than one tournament game if they got there. Their hardest games are behind them now until the Big 10 tournament, so unless they are truly dominant until then I don't think I'll be able to see it much differently
Which is why we almost have to win out in the Big 10, and why we have to make some serious noise in the Big 10 tourney.

It's just been one of those years for us. Injuries, unfortunate luck, some bad reffing, and bad games.

Oh well, no sense in bitching about it, **** happens and you've gotta move on.

Quote:
Old 01-20-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink

I love Rod Wilmont.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:10 PM    (permalink

I will name a player of the day everyday first honor goes to Scottie Reynolds. Its scary to think he is only a freshman.