Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-07-2009, 07:30 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rod Odom to Zona.
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:48 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Negedu to sit out season because of heart

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4537640

Jeff Jordan wants to play for Illinois again.

Last edited by JRTPlaya21 : 10-08-2009 at 12:52 PM.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:30 PM    (permalink
notacarolinafan
Rookie

notacarolinafan could make a wolverine purr.notacarolinafan could make a wolverine purr.notacarolinafan could make a wolverine purr.notacarolinafan could make a wolverine purr.notacarolinafan could make a wolverine purr.notacarolinafan could make a wolverine purr.

ESPNU will be covering Duke's Countdown to Craziness next Friday night!

Sig by BoneKrusher

Panthers / Duke / Tennessee / Clemson / Bobcats

1-4

Formerly known as Smash-N-Dash.
notacarolinafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 02:30 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Cory Joseph cut his list down to 7. Nova, Uconn, Minnesota, Texas, UNLV, Florida, and Mississippi St.

Minnesota really needs to bring him in to save our otherwise very mediocre '10 class.
People are making too much of this class. It stands to reason that it would be a low class, almost nobody left so there is no playing time to be had, and the '09 class was fantastic. Sometimes you just add a few role players, no big deal.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 03:25 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash-N-Dash View Post
I'll make sure to tune in.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:49 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

Josh Smith down to UCLA & UW
Old 10-09-2009, 12:06 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notacarolinafan View Post
Big Blue Madness is where it's really at ;)

Those tickets are a pain to get ahold of, as are SEC tournament tickets.

I'm starting to wet myself in anticipation of college basketball. Excited for UK obviously since I live and breathe it but also glad the SEC is back where it should be.

John Wall is looking absolutely sick in pickup games and Eric Bledsoe is better than advertised.

Wish I could fast foward to the UK-UNC and UK-UL games.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:42 AM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Couple of new commits:

Daniel Bejarano commits to Arizona after his recent decommit from Texas

Luke Cothron commits to North Carolina State

I'm a big Cothron fan, he has a very mature game for his age and is a very underrated rebounder.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 02:01 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

Yeah think I mentioned Bejerano near the top of the page. Zona is gonna be stacked.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:48 PM    (permalink
notacarolinafan
Rookie

notacarolinafan could make a wolverine purr.notacarolinafan could make a wolverine purr.notacarolinafan could make a wolverine purr.notacarolinafan could make a wolverine purr.notacarolinafan could make a wolverine purr.notacarolinafan could make a wolverine purr.

Official Duke freshman Mason Plumlee Mixtape

Sig by BoneKrusher

1-4

Last edited by notacarolinafan : 10-10-2009 at 09:51 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:47 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Josh Selby is heading up here for Late Night
Old 10-13-2009, 06:52 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tony Wroten apparently will be attending Hoops Mania at Villanova on 10/23. Other guys who are supposed to be there include Mike Gilchrist, Cory Joseph, Achraf Yacoubou, and JayVaughn Pinkston. Dunno if anybody else will be there, wouldn't be surprised if Rakeem Christmas is. Not a bad group of guys as it stands, though.
derza222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 07:21 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm getting pretty pumped for this upcoming season. I think the freshman class coming in is going to have a major impact on how things shape up.

Here is my Pre-Season All America Team

G: Sherrod Collins Kansas

G: Willie Warren Oklahoma

F: Evan Turner Ohio State (homer pick)

F: Greg Monroe Georgetown

C: Cole Aldrich Kansas

HM: Tyshawn Taylor G Kansas : Ed Davis F North Carolina : Devin Ebanks F West Virginia : Gani Lawal Georgia Tech : Craig Brackins F Iowa State : Kalin Lucas G Michigan State

Pre-Season All Freshmen Team

G: John Wall Kentucky

G: Avery Bradley Texas

F: Xavier Henry Kansas

F: Milton Jennings Clemson

F: Derrick Favors Georgia Tech

Old 10-13-2009, 10:42 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFLO View Post
I'm getting pretty pumped for this upcoming season. I think the freshman class coming in is going to have a major impact on how things shape up.

Here is my Pre-Season All America Team

G: Sherrod Collins Kansas

G: Willie Warren Oklahoma

F: Evan Turner Ohio State (homer pick)

F: Greg Monroe Georgetown

C: Cole Aldrich Kansas

HM: Tyshawn Taylor G Kansas : Ed Davis F North Carolina : Devin Ebanks F West Virginia : Gani Lawal Georgia Tech : Craig Brackins F Iowa State : Kalin Lucas G Michigan State

Pre-Season All Freshmen Team

G: John Wall Kentucky

G: Avery Bradley Texas

F: Xavier Henry Kansas

F: Milton Jennings Clemson

F: Derrick Favors Georgia Tech

Evan Turner is not a homer pick. Guy's a beast and I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Jennings over Cousins?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:48 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the list of recruits going to be at Late Night is sick.Doron Lamb, Brad Beal and Harrison Barnes just to name a few
Old 10-14-2009, 06:39 AM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Evan Turner is not a homer pick. Guy's a beast and I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Jennings over Cousins?
I'm not the biggest Cousins fan and I think Jennings is severely underrated by a lot of people. I'm having a feeling Clemson is going to be really good this year with a Jennings and Trevor Booker combo. I'm thinking around 26 wins this year...they need to improve on the point guard play, but they have a lot of depth at guard, so I think they'll be alright.

Old 10-14-2009, 03:42 PM    (permalink
notacarolinafan
Rookie

Jennings is a BEAST! Cousins can be good when he wants to be but can be lazy.

Sig by BoneKrusher

1-4

Old 10-14-2009, 03:56 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFLO View Post
I'm not the biggest Cousins fan and I think Jennings is severely underrated by a lot of people. I'm having a feeling Clemson is going to be really good this year with a Jennings and Trevor Booker combo. I'm thinking around 26 wins this year...they need to improve on the point guard play, but they have a lot of depth at guard, so I think they'll be alright.

But the thing is Clemson has had the talent to do that for a while, they always start out hot and choke down the stretch. I am not a fan of Oliver Purnell as a coach at all.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 06:21 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Beal is not coming to Late Night now :(
Old 10-14-2009, 06:28 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isaiah Thomas is going to go off this season. Pac 10 POTY maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:25 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like 'Nova will be running more four guard sets this year than in years past trying to get some of the more experienced guys on the floor. Obviously some of the talented frosh will get minutes, but hopefully getting guards on the floor gets minutes to two of my favorite guys on the team, Corey Fisher and Corey Stokes. I'm expecting big things from them this year.

Fish win Big East 6th Man of the Year last year and is really a talented point. Nice court vision, although since he doesn't play on the ball as much as he would being the dominant PG you don't get to see it often. But he's a good scoring point which is probably his forte, nice stroke though a bit streaky with some range and does a good job getting to the cup along with being a creative finisher, strong enough to finish through contact too. He's got good quickness getting to the basket and quick hands on the defensive end for steals, and is too talented to not put up some nice numbers before he's gone. I'd love to see him play the point more but with Scottie sticking around I'm sure he'll be on the ball more than Fish to prepare for the next level.

Stokes has been a three point specialist through his first two years and is apparently looking to expand his game this year. He's got good size for a guard at 6'5 and I think around 220 and is really strong for the 2 guard spot. He'll play up at the 3 with no struggle and can even get away with playing the 4 if Coach Wright decides to go small. Good rebounder for his size, and he's done a lot of work on the defensive end. Because he's so big he isn't exactly the quickest guy but can still get to the cup and has some nice athleticism that he hasn't showcased in previous years. He's on record saying this year he wants to become more than a shooter and really start driving to the cup and dunking some, which would be great to see from him. He'll always have the ability to shoot though, I believe .418 last year and just nice form and rotation along with very deep range and a quick release. Every time he shots it I think it's going in. Hope he gets some minutes as well, Fish is more well known nationally and I think Stokes can get to that level this year and have a mini breakout. We'll see.
derza222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 03:57 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

why UW should be #1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 04:03 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coming soon to your draft boards.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 06:23 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

I cannot stand Osiris Eldridge...he had one good game in the tournament and acted like he was Kobe Bryant.

He has a stroke, but he is streaky and still really raw.

Old 10-15-2009, 06:37 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post

Coming soon to your draft boards.
My wife's cousin was offered a scholarship to play basketball at Illinois St. Pretty sure he's also recieved offers from Bradley, Evanston, and has drawn interest from Tennessee. He's going into his junior year at Morton in Peoria, IL.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote