Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-27-2007, 08:01 PM    (permalink
FlutiesDropKick
Pro Bowler

FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

if anyone remembers what i said during the Texas/Oklahoma State its still coming true. As soon as i turned on the Louisville/Syracuse game it became a great game.

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)
FlutiesDropKick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 02:10 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wisconsin wins to become the first team to 20 wins, and extend the longest current win streak to 17 tying them win Clemson for longest of the year.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:43 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlutiesDropKick
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtisNo1
Well the UofI vs. Purdue game is not over yet but it basically is. Purdue whooping UofI's ass, and its really pissing me off being a UofI fan. There are a few things that are wrong.

A. The point guard position. Our starter chester fraizer while he plays with more heart than about anyone is just not very good, he can rebound and that is about it, he really showed why he only got offers from LaSalle and College of Charleston. Purdue was giving him about 10 feet of room to shoot when he had the ball at the 3 point line and fraizer would not shoot it and the one or two times he did he missed it. He should be benched for McCamey next year.

B. The lack of overall talent on the team. When a transfer from Dayton and Illinois State are two of your main reserves there are problems. Then there are guys like Jamar Smith and Chester Fraizer who just are not big ten calliber players. This issue goes hand in hand with poor recruiting since Weber had gotten here. This leads me to my next point.

C. Recruiting. Ever since Bruce Weber has gotten here he has been very poor at recruiting talent to UofI. We almost had Eric Gordon, but we all know what happened there. Anyways, Illinois is one of the most basketball talented states in the whole country if weber could recruit the top talent out of illinois we would be fine. He also does not do a great job of recruiting out of state either. I am not that dissapointed in this years class though, with Demetri McCamey and Quinton Watkins headlining the class. I think that if Weber does not start improving in recruiting Illinois should look for a new coach, because while I like Bruce Weber alot and think he is a good coach he needs to get Big Ten calliber players on UofI, then coach them up.

Well now I am done venting after todays dissapointing loss to Purdue, I guess I have to look ahead to next year because this year is not looking very bright.
We did get Eric Gordon to committ to him, one of the best players of 07 before he took off for IU. So he can recruit. This year's class of Watkins, McCamey, Cole, and Tisdale is a very solid one with a chance to be good if Cole and Tisdale develop.

The problem with this team is execution on both ends. They don't hit consistently open shots, they tend to forget about Pruitt down low, they can't make free throws, and stuff like that.

Yea injuries have hurt this season, but guys need to start stepping up. And that's something that has not happened so far this season. We've got the talent to win ball games, hell we beat IU at the Hall and should have beaten Wisky at the Hall.

This is just not our year. And I have a bad feeling we'll be looking at the NIT for the postseason. :cry:
Didn't i tell you that like a month ago?
i believe it was around the same time sweetness was outing Illi as a Top 10 team
I bet if you asked him today he'd say "they still have the talent of a top 10 team"
I never said they were a top 10 team, find me a quote where I said that and come back to me.

And we do have the talent to be a darn good team. But we need to start executing. On paper we are not as bad as our record indicates, and that's the derpessing part.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 03:00 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Well the UofI vs. Purdue game is not over yet but it basically is. Purdue whooping UofI's ass, and its really pissing me off being a UofI fan. There are a few things that are wrong.

A. The point guard position. Our starter chester fraizer while he plays with more heart than about anyone is just not very good, he can rebound and that is about it, he really showed why he only got offers from LaSalle and College of Charleston. Purdue was giving him about 10 feet of room to shoot when he had the ball at the 3 point line and fraizer would not shoot it and the one or two times he did he missed it. He should be benched for McCamey next year.

B. The lack of overall talent on the team. When a transfer from Dayton and Illinois State are two of your main reserves there are problems. Then there are guys like Jamar Smith and Chester Fraizer who just are not big ten calliber players. This issue goes hand in hand with poor recruiting since Weber had gotten here. This leads me to my next point.

C. Recruiting. Ever since Bruce Weber has gotten here he has been very poor at recruiting talent to UofI. We almost had Eric Gordon, but we all know what happened there. Anyways, Illinois is one of the most basketball talented states in the whole country if weber could recruit the top talent out of illinois we would be fine. He also does not do a great job of recruiting out of state either. I am not that dissapointed in this years class though, with Demetri McCamey and Quinton Watkins headlining the class. I think that if Weber does not start improving in recruiting Illinois should look for a new coach, because while I like Bruce Weber alot and think he is a good coach he needs to get Big Ten calliber players on UofI, then coach them up.

Well now I am done venting after todays dissapointing loss to Purdue, I guess I have to look ahead to next year because this year is not looking very bright.
We did get Eric Gordon to committ to him, one of the best players of 07 before he took off for IU. So he can recruit. This year's class of Watkins, McCamey, Cole, and Tisdale is a very solid one with a chance to be good if Cole and Tisdale develop.

The problem with this team is execution on both ends. They don't hit consistently open shots, they tend to forget about Pruitt down low, they can't make free throws, and stuff like that.

Yea injuries have hurt this season, but guys need to start stepping up. And that's something that has not happened so far this season. We've got the talent to win ball games, hell we beat IU at the Hall and should have beaten Wisky at the Hall.

This is just not our year. And I have a bad feeling we'll be looking at the NIT for the postseason. :cry:
i believe it was around the same time sweetness was outing Illi as a Top 10 team
I bet if you asked him today he'd say "they still have the talent of a top 10 team"
I never said they were a top 10 team, find me a quote where I said that and come back to me.

And we do have the talent to be a darn good team. But we need to start executing. On paper we are not as bad as our record indicates, and that's the derpessing part.
ok im an illinois fan also but what do you mean when you say darn good team? I dont really think that we can be that great of a team with the teams lack of basketball IQ, the worst FT and FG % in the big ten, and the guard play being poor this year especially the PG position, chester fraizer while I root for him is just not that good, there is no way a team should be able to sag ten feet off him when he has the ball on the perimeter.
Old 01-28-2007, 03:20 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

ok im an illinois fan also but what do you mean when you say darn good team? I dont really think that we can be that great of a team with the teams lack of basketball IQ, the worst FT and FG % in the big ten, and the guard play being poor this year especially the PG position, chester fraizer while I root for him is just not that good, there is no way a team should be able to sag ten feet off him when he has the ball on the perimeter.
Nice to see an illinois fan with some basketball knowledge.

BTW sweetness never said they were top 10. He said they should be top 25 which is also a poor assesment.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 03:25 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Uk had an impressive win today. 19 points over tennesee. :D
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

everyone turn on BC and Duke. Should be a great game Duke has come out with a lot of energy so far.

Also how bout them Hokies? Another solid win over GT today and are now 6-1 in the conference. they will be a top 15-20 team when the new polls come out and i think they should be higher, around 10-12 because of their big wins of UNC and Duke.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 06:07 PM    (permalink
sik wit it
Rookie

sik wit it smells like sex panther.

badge attack can't be stopped
Old 01-28-2007, 11:12 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sik wit it
They beat Iowa. :?

Big W by stanford over UCLA.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 01-28-2007, 11:16 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

Wow, how did I not hear about that. We'll be at least 2 in both now. Iowa is nothing but I don't see what Florida did to be ahead of us.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:24 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12
Quote:
Quote:

Wow, how did I not hear about that. We'll be at least 2 in both now. Iowa is nothing but I don't see what Florida did to be ahead of us.
Florida is ovverrated at #1. they lost to a young Kansas team in the beginning of the season and unranked Florida State. They have one convincing win over OSU. Wisconsin has 1 loss and wins over OSU and PItt. Wisconsin should be number 1.

they get smoked.

Old 01-28-2007, 11:52 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Florida is ovverrated at #1. they lost to a young Kansas team in the beginning of the season and unranked Florida State. They have one convincing win over OSU. Wisconsin has 1 loss and wins over OSU and PItt. Wisconsin should be number 1.
Missouri State
Old 01-29-2007, 12:30 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Missouri State
florida state is not a top 10 team either, and wisconsin has one loss upposed to two losses...

they get smoked.

Old 01-29-2007, 06:59 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Missouri State
florida state is not a top 10 team either, and wisconsin has one loss upposed to two losses...
And had 3 wins over top 25 teams when Florida had only 1.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:56 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Missouri State
And had 3 wins over top 25 teams when Florida had only 1.
no kidding, you guys are getting blueballed.

they get smoked.

Old 01-29-2007, 03:15 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I guess the thought process of voters is, Florida is #1 until someone knocks them off.

I don't really put a lot of stock in top 25 rankings.

It's the rankings in the tournament that are A LOT more important.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 03:18 PM    (permalink

Wisconsin is the best team in the nation in my opinion, but I think Max is right about why the voters kept Florida at #1. I'm not expecting much on Wednesday night.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:25 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV
Well, I guess the thought process of voters is, Florida is #1 until someone knocks them off.

I don't really put a lot of stock in top 25 rankings.

It's the rankings in the tournament that are A LOT more important.
they were already knocked off by KU and Florida state. They are just like a herpe that won't go away from the top off the(college basketball in this case) poll.

they get smoked.

Old 01-29-2007, 03:32 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Wisconsin is the best team in the nation in my opinion, but I think Max is right about why the voters kept Florida at #1. I'm not expecting much on Wednesday night.
If Hoosiers can keep it close, I'll be happy.

Obviously a win would be HUGE, but I doubt it.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:44 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2744216

ahhh thank you ACC refs for the extra time.

they get smoked.

Old 01-29-2007, 08:41 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN really couldnt find a better game for primetime? Kansas is up 34-6 on Nebraska with 5 left in the 1st half
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:42 PM    (permalink
FlutiesDropKick
Pro Bowler

FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
ESPN really couldnt find a better game for primetime? Kansas is up 34-6 on Nebraska with 5 left in the 1st half
yeah, i usually end up seeing games that become good, i have no hope for this one

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)
Old 01-29-2007, 08:43 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
yeah, i usually end up seeing games that become good, i have no hope for this one
Looking for something a little more interesting? i switched to ESPN2 for arm wrestling.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:45 PM    (permalink
FlutiesDropKick
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Looking for something a little more interesting? i switched to ESPN2 for arm wrestling.
that stuff keeps you glued to the TV. I like it but its no scrabble, but really what is?

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)
Old 01-29-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Lincoln Hawks over Bull Hurley was the upset of the century
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote