Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-30-2007, 12:59 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlutiesDropKick
Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123
ESPN really couldnt find a better game for primetime? Kansas is up 34-6 on Nebraska with 5 left in the 1st half
yeah, i usually end up seeing games that become good, i have no hope for this one
Looking for something a little more interesting? i switched to ESPN2 for arm wrestling.
Lincoln Hawks over Bull Hurley was the upset of the century

CRAP!I put 100 on Hurley
Old 01-30-2007, 01:20 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlutiesDropKick
Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123
ESPN really couldnt find a better game for primetime? Kansas is up 34-6 on Nebraska with 5 left in the 1st half
yeah, i usually end up seeing games that become good, i have no hope for this one
Looking for something a little more interesting? i switched to ESPN2 for arm wrestling.
Lincoln Hawks over Bull Hurley was the upset of the century

CRAP!I put 100 on Hurley
How foolish of you

But on the topic of NCAAB, Paul Harris better start doing good in conference play and beat Notre Dame today
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:36 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whoot, go Illini. God damn, if we could make free throws, this wouldn't have been a game. Yeesh.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 11:09 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Whoot, go Illini. God damn, if we could make free throws, this wouldn't have been a game. Yeesh.
Yeah this was a good win for the illini, they were able to hang on. Free throw shooting is a big problem. I also like how chester fraizer played of the bench today, I think that could be a good role for him. Also besides the free throw shooting shaun pruitt had a very good game. I also liked to see carwell getting out there and getting some minutes.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:34 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We finally get a nationally televised game in a couple of weeks for our "Braket Buster." New Mexico State is so going to kill University of Ohio.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:36 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman
We finally get a nationally televised game in a couple of weeks for our "Braket Buster." New Mexico State is so going to kill University of Ohio.
You better. I hate Ohio. 05 MAC Championship was the worst game ever
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 01:23 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtisNo1
Quote:
Yeah this was a good win for the illini, they were able to hang on. Free throw shooting is a big problem. I also like how chester fraizer played of the bench today, I think that could be a good role for him. Also besides the free throw shooting shaun pruitt had a very good game. I also liked to see carwell getting out there and getting some minutes.
Chet came off the bench b/c he's really banged up. In fact he won't play on Saturday. The kid is tough as nails man. If he can get some consistent offense, he's going to be a darn good ball player.

Pruitt is a man-child, IF WE CAN GET HIM THE BALL CONSISTENTLY. He's unstoppable on the low block, which is scary b/c he's still got one more year after this.

Jamar Smith has fallen off the map. I think his ankles are messed up because he's shooting 7% from the 3 point line in the past 6 games. This from a guy who was the best freshman shooter last season in the Big 10.

Warren Carter has fallen off the map as well. He's not very agressive anymore, don't know why.

McBride has started to pick it up on both ends, which is what we really need from him.

Brock has turned out to be a nice player, and he's still got more room to grow in his game.

Randle, I don't know what's wrong with him. He's got incredible ability; I don't know if he's still banged up or what but he's just been kind of a waste this year.

And yes, I want more Carwell. He's got length and good defensive ability. Plus he's active around the glass. This kid is gonna be a STUD at Illinois. Just needs work on his offensive game but man he's talented.

Like I've said before. On paper we are not as bad as our record indicates. It's things like free throw shooting, dumb fouls, and making open shots that are keeping this team back. If we can start clicking, we'll be a dangerous team come tourney time IMO. That and injuries have just flat out killed us. In fact, BAM has a lot of trouble getting a full practice squad every day. Ugh, what a disappoint and frustrating year.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:34 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

After watching Notre Dame beat Villanova and Syracuse... im a believer... they have great shooters and a very nice inside presence.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 10:00 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Now all you gotta do is beat some good teams.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 10:03 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only 7 more days until UNC visits camerron indoor to recieve the big upset from the dookies. :D .

You guys realize there is only a little more than a month of the regular season left? damn it's going by quick.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 01-31-2007, 10:08 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Quote:
Um we already beat Indiana and Michigan State, both top 25 teams this season my friend. If we can go 6-2 or 7-1 the rest of the way, we'll get into the tourney, but that's a big "if" unless we can start making some free throws. We were about 14 of 30 from the FT line last night. Hell, give me 70% and we win this game by about 20 points.

Btw, I've been hearing that Clemson got jewed when they played you guys, what happened? I heard something about the clock. :?

Quote:
Old 01-31-2007, 10:15 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Um we already beat Indiana and Michigan State, both top 25 teams this season my friend. If we can go 6-2 or 7-1 the rest of the way, we'll get into the tourney, but that's a big "if" unless we can start making some free throws. We were about 14 of 30 from the FT line last night. Hell, give me 70% and we win this game by about 20 points.

Btw, I've been hearing that Clemson got jewed when they played you guys, what happened? I heard something about the clock. :?
Well there is also a B10 tournament. If you guys go deep in it, you should be in.

I believe that you guys should get in.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 10:18 AM    (permalink
Fogartynyy2789
Veteran

Fogartynyy2789 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Fogartynyy2789 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman
First time I will get to see Elijah Ingram play in after he became a felon.

Hofstra-Holy Cross- first game ever played on Long Island to be televised on ESPN.

Penn State basketball wins this decade- 0.
Fogartynyy2789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 10:25 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well there is also a B10 tournament. If you guys go deep in it, you should be in.

IMO we have to get to the Semi's in the B10 tourney even if we win out in the Big 10. Right now I think we're on the fence.

Idk, this year has just been a disaster with everything that's happened. Injuries, suspensions, and just flat out bad luck. I mean one of the Purdue guys threw up about 3 30 foot shots with the shot clock winding down and made every one of them. And when I say "threw up," I meaned he just heaved them towards the hoop.

Quote:
Old 01-31-2007, 10:27 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No offense to those teams, i like bolth of those teams actually, but they're not overly impressive wins.(BTW MSU isn't ranked top 25 , and indiana was bearly at number 24). Also having a couple of those wins isn't really too spectacular when you consistantly lose to below average teams and get spanked by any elite team.( OSU, Wisconsin) and good teams ( zona and maryland). Illinois can't hang with the big boys just yet.

Like i said, have fun in the NIT because you know your going to drop a couple more to the average at best teams you play the rest of the season, and the only respectable team you have a chance to win agianst agian is indiana.

Jewed? what would jerry seinfeld have to say to ?

Yeah, they put too much time on the clock But it dosen't really matter because John would have knocked down a 35 footer like dockery did last year agianst VT anyways.

they get smoked.

Old 01-31-2007, 10:36 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

IMO we have to get to the Semi's in the B10 tourney even if we win out in the Big 10. Right now I think we're on the fence.

Idk, this year has just been a disaster with everything that's happened. Injuries, suspensions, and just flat out bad luck. I mean one of the Purdue guys threw up about 3 30 foot shots with the shot clock winding down and made every one of them. And when I say "threw up," I meaned he just heaved them towards the hoop.
I hate to tell you this, but you might want to root for IU and MSU.

If those 2 continue to win and raise their rankings, your chances will increase.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:49 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

where's Patrick Patterson going to commit?

they get smoked.

Old 01-31-2007, 12:33 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

NYmoney needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

jewed??? i think the english lexicon has many other terms that are not offensible. maybe you should use one of them.[/b]
NYmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 01:19 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYmoney
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

jewed??? i think the english lexicon has many other terms that are not offensible. maybe you should use one of them.[/b]
Ok dude relax man. I meant no harm to the Jewish community. I have a lot of friends who are jewish and they even use this word. So just relax about it.

Btw titletown; beating MSU and IU are quality wins my friend. IU was in the top 25 though; so your argument is void here. Being in the top 25 is being in the top 25. And Michigan State just about beat Ohio State in Columbus.

Um and about "haging with the big boys." We've already done that, sorry buddy. See the Wisky game my friend and then come back and talk. Duke hasnt proven they can hang with the big boys either. I'll wait until they face UNC to say anything but it could get out of hand if the Heels get to running.

Quote:
Old 01-31-2007, 01:44 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

IU favored by 1 over Wisky. Vegas likes the Hoosiers.

As an alumnus, I love it. As a reasonable human being, I think Vegas has lost their mind.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:06 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYmoney
IU favored by 1 over Wisky. Vegas likes the Hoosiers.

As an alumnus, I love it. As a reasonable human being, I think Vegas has lost their mind.
Well I guess they see that IU is undefeated at home.

But I agree with you, IU shouldn't be the fav.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:49 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

also, OSU is only giving 3.5 to purdue at PU. that's a crazy line too.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:05 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
University of Kentucky :D

His buddy AJ Stewart has already commited and Patterson has loved the atmosphere at UK... We chanted his name at midnight madness when he was there, that's how you recruit.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 03:34 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ
Quote:

His buddy AJ Stewart has already commited and Patterson has loved the atmosphere at UK... We chanted his name at midnight madness when he was there, that's how you recruit.
If that happened, i'd cream myself. :D
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 03:48 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ
Quote:

If that happened, i'd cream myself. :D
I sure would love a 5 star in Patterson, 4 star in Jai Lucas (great ball handler AND he can shoot the 3... could you imagine that? ... Haven't had one of them since Tony Delk ) and we already have a 4 star in AJ Stewart. Just hope that Randolph stays, I really doubt it happens though.

I like Jasper but I'd really like to see a guy like Lucas running the point since he's actually a threat to shoot. Then next year having Meeks/Crawford/Ramel with one more year under their belt is gonna be sweet, then just hope that Randolph stays (which I doubt). Plus the added benefit of finally getting rid of Sheraye Thomas and Obrzut.

Supposedly Tubby thinks he has Patterson and Lucas... I sure hope so.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote