Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-27-2010, 08:09 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was a fan of Bobby Knight doing games at first but he's just awful anymore.

EDIT: It's really annoying that they're making a big deal about Stokes getting a public urination violation... Who really cares? That's a badge of honor if you ask me haha.

Last edited by PalmerToCJ : 02-27-2010 at 08:20 PM.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:38 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, while I'm still cranky over the UK loss... I just get annoyed with all the hype about the 'Cuse zone. I'm not saying it's not a good defense but it's hardly what they make it out to be. They're not even the best FG% defense in their own conference.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

freethrow airball. ouch
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:53 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nova has been disappointing as of late. Hopefully we can turn it around starting tonight, but it doesn't look good.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:32 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

looks like the Cuse is gonna be the new #1
Old 02-27-2010, 09:34 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
They must have traveled from TN to make the game. Seriously, some of those first half calls were horrible. The 2nd half I was fine with. Even two of the late charging calls. Granted it was the awful defense in the 1st half that gave up a million layups that lost the game, not officiating. Oh well, you'll have that. TB is not an easy place to play.

Kind of wondering if 'Cuse wins tonight if they're #1, I would assume so given the whole mentality that the most recent loser drops.
same with KU poor defense most of the game cost us that and even when we played good D they nailed tough 3's.Gallagher Iba is an impossible place to win
Old 02-27-2010, 09:41 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Sucks for us. The officiating definitely sucked in ours (1st half), that's what got them out on the big run but the horrible defense only prolonged things. I didn't see the KU game honestly but it sounds like it went exactly the same way as ours lol. I will say when UK things with 1:30 left or whatever I thought they were leaving with a W.

Syracuse should definitely be #1 after today.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:44 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

what has happened with 'Nova?
Old 02-27-2010, 09:45 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Sucks for us. The officiating definitely sucked in ours (1st half), that's what got them out on the big run but the horrible defense only prolonged things. I didn't see the KU game honestly but it sounds like it went exactly the same way as ours lol. I will say when UK things with 1:30 left or whatever I thought they were leaving with a W.

Syracuse should definitely be #1 after today.
yep KU got down by 19 and could never climb out of that hole.James Anderson should be Big 12 POTY...he was a man among boys today
Old 02-27-2010, 09:58 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
they are getting pounded inside

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Help a reporter out and read (or just click on) my story about tonight's OU-IPFW game:

http://blog.mlive.com/golden_grizzli...pfw_feb27.html

Read about future NBA draft pick Keith Benson's career-high 32 points tonight.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Kramer
Veteran

Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sssssyyyyyrrrrrraaaaaacccccuuuuussssseee
Kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:45 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
'Nova has, for most of the year in my estimation, been ranked a little bit too high. In terms of quality of play they're more in the 10-20 range than top 10 and have been most of the year. There have been some nice wins but most of the year has been them being ranked high because they started high and haven't lost much.

In terms of why they're losing, basically comes down to one thing for the most part. This is a team that fouls WAY too much. On occasion they can afford to in terms of guys getting into foul trouble because the team goes 10 or 11 deep on any given night, but other teams win the free throw shooting battle by a lot and it makes it tough to overcome. When teams win the rebounding battle significantly also (like 'Cuse did) then things get ugly.

Another major issue is that the defense, to put it bluntly, sucks. They played well the last 2 games before this one so I started to get hopeful but after this game I see nothing's change. Coach Wright's scheme is actually pretty good and was tremendous last year but the team isn't cohesive enough to run it well and it's better for a veteran team, so what was a strength last year and carried the team through the tournament is now a major weakness. The veteran leadership is really missed, though this team is more talented than the teams the past 2 years.

Only encouraging thing to take out of tonight's game was Mouph Yarou's play...think he's going to be a force before he leaves.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whoever is making a march madness bracket challenge this year I want in.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 01:07 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think Villanova is a serious Final Four contender. As long as they have Scottie Reynolds they can be a dangerous team.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:48 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Whoever is making a march madness bracket challenge this year I want in.
put me in as well
Old 02-28-2010, 12:45 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm always down for a bracket.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 02:07 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Richmond-Xavier going into double overtime.
Old 02-28-2010, 04:02 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

It's really unfortunate that in the Indiana/Iowa game someone has to be awarded a win (no offense Iowatreat lol, you know how it is).

MSU/Purdue seem to be playing pretty even now. Sucks I missed the Richmond-Xavier game, the A10 is pretty strong this year.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:48 PM    (permalink
garrard9
Rookie

garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Also, while I'm still cranky over the UK loss... I just get annoyed with all the hype about the 'Cuse zone. I'm not saying it's not a good defense but it's hardly what they make it out to be. They're not even the best FG% defense in their own conference.
Big East teams are the best at playing against the zone because the opponents have seen it twice a year for their entire career and coaches like Calhoun, Pitino, Wright, and any BE coach know what to do. Watch the zone during the NCAA Tournament. Look at it in 2003. 'Cuse straight smacked Oklahoma in the regional final, in fact, in the '03 tourney they beat OKst, OU, Texas, and Kansas.

It's tough to prepare for when you have never seen it. Just saying it's a nice when it takes significant time for a team to figure out the zone. Cuse Nation is buzzing and this team is loved by the community.

It's just a special season right now.

sig by jkpigskin
garrard9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 05:50 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's really unfortunate that in the Indiana/Iowa game someone has to be awarded a win (no offense Iowatreat lol, you know how it is).

MSU/Purdue seem to be playing pretty even now. Sucks I missed the Richmond-Xavier game, the A10 is pretty strong this year.
****, with all the hockey I forgot about this epic game.

Battle for last place in the Big XI!!!! With PSU gaining their 3rd win in conference, whoever loses here is tied for last.

Hopefully we can get our elusive 10th win!

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 05:54 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, suck it Kentucky. We're shooting 8% from 3 and still winning. That's how real teams play!!!!

(Note: extreeeeeeeme sarcasm)

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 02-28-2010, 06:25 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrard9 View Post
Big East teams are the best at playing against the zone because the opponents have seen it twice a year for their entire career and coaches like Calhoun, Pitino, Wright, and any BE coach know what to do. Watch the zone during the NCAA Tournament. Look at it in 2003. 'Cuse straight smacked Oklahoma in the regional final, in fact, in the '03 tourney they beat OKst, OU, Texas, and Kansas.

It's tough to prepare for when you have never seen it. Just saying it's a nice when it takes significant time for a team to figure out the zone. Cuse Nation is buzzing and this team is loved by the community.

It's just a special season right now.
The thing is, that's the case with every team figuring out their conference opponents. They're the 4th best FG% defense in the conference. I'm not saying the defense isn't good nor am I acting like Syracuse is overrated. It's just that it seems since they are about the only team to exclusively run zone, if they have success the zone is what gets the credit.

They are 2nd in the entire country in FG% offense yet everyone acts like they're good because of the zone. A zone is a zone, either it's extended or packed in... There are obviously other gimmicks to it but a zone is a zone. Their length makes things harder but it also would make things hard man-to-man. They are a good team, it's not the fact that they play zone that makes them that way. They deserve to be #1 tomorrow, I feel like they at times in the polls have been overlooked this season.... That will certainly not be the case tomorrow.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:16 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

Wooooo 10 wins!!!! I'll admit, I never thought this day would come. I had us pegged for 5-6 wins and no Big XI wins. Well done boys!

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 03-01-2010, 11:53 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

wow... Duke was nearly ranked ahead of UK in the ESPN/USA Today poll... What a joke.