Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-26-2010, 06:51 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

btw Turner is so overrated (coming from OSU fan)
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 06:58 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbills View Post
btw Turner is so overrated (coming from OSU fan)

No. He's not.

And this Ohio State/Tennessee game is awesome. Can't say the same about the other game unfortunately. Hopefully Samhan goes into beast mode soon.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:02 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't understand how Lacedarius Dunn gets that set shot off. He doesn't even have a quick release.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:06 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
No. He's not.

And this Ohio State/Tennessee game is awesome. Can't say the same about the other game unfortunately. Hopefully Samhan goes into beast mode soon.
Yes. He is.

Good player, but not what everyone makes him out to be.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes. He is.
No. He's not. And I ******* hate Ohio State.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:10 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Yes. He is.

Good player, but not what everyone makes him out to be.

Do you have any reasoning? I mean with him averaging a 20/9/6 while shooting 52 % from the field as a guard while carrying an otherwise solid but unspectacular team to the Sweet 16 and possibly further I think that statement requires a little backing. /run on sentence
Old 03-26-2010, 07:12 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How can you overrate being the best player in the country?

Yea, putting up triple double type numbers on a game to game basis and being a pretty good defender = overrated.

Not to mention how valuable he is to OSU. Look at OSU's play and chemistry when Turner was out, then tell me Turner is overrated.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Do you have any reasoning? I mean with him averaging a 20/9/6 while shooting 52 % from the field as a guard while carrying an otherwise solid but unspectacular team to the Sweet 16 and possibly further I think that statement requires a little backing. /run on sentence
Use some commas dammit.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-26-2010, 07:15 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Use some commas dammit.
I can't even argue that was pretty awful. In my defense I haven't slept in 27 hours.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:22 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn, I've just watched like 2 minutes of the OSU-Tenn game and it's increasingly apparent Turner is overrated......
redbills
Pro Bowler

now he hit like 5 in a row, :meh:
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
I can't even argue that was pretty awful. In my defense I haven't slept in 27 hours.
Well why the hell not?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-26-2010, 07:23 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Damn, I've just watched like 2 minutes of the OSU-Tenn game and it's increasingly apparent Turner is overrated......
after he sucked ballz in the 1st half
Old 03-26-2010, 07:24 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

Quote:
really?

he is a good player, like i said, but he isn't the "OMG OMG he is the greatest player ever" like everyone says.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:25 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
after he sucked ballz in the 1st half
So you can base your entire perception of Turner on one half, but I can't?

Sad panda. :(
Old 03-26-2010, 07:26 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
So you can base your entire perception of Turner on one half, but I can't?

Sad panda. :(
did i say that? no.

ALL I'M SAYING IS HE ISN'T THE GREATEST PLAYER EVER LIKE EVERYONE SAYS.

There for (or therefore?) he is ovverrated
Old 03-26-2010, 07:27 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
did i say that? no.

ALL I'M SAYING IS HE ISN'T THE GREATEST PLAYER EVER LIKE EVERYONE SAYS.
Is he the best player in the country? Yes.

I don't think I've even heard anyone say he's the best player of the past 5 years, let alone ever.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:29 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
really?

he is a good player, like i said, but he isn't the "OMG OMG he is the greatest player ever" like everyone says.
How can you expect to convince people with garbage like this? Give one reason why he's overrated. I just gave you like 5 or 6 for why he's not. And yes carrying. If you think OSU would still be in the tournament without him right now you're delusional.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:31 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Well why the hell not?

Work/school. Exciting stuff.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:35 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMO Duke will want no part of BU.IMO they match up well with them
Old 03-26-2010, 07:36 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

well the games I see he turns it over a lot, can't drive to the left, needs to work on his jummper, ball handing is good but not great. Like I said he is a good player but nothing great.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Work/school. Exciting stuff.
You clearly need more me in your life.

As for above reasons, all elite college players tend to turn the ball over a lot so it's not like it matters all that much. Turner has a very good mid range jumper, although I suppose he's not the best three point shooter. The turnovers/3 point faults are no reason to say he's overrated though, especially since he is by far the best player on the team you cheer for. What is the matter with you?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-26-2010, 07:42 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
well the games I see he turns it over a lot, can't drive to the left, needs to work on his jummper, ball handing is good but not great. Like I said he is a good player but nothing great.

His turnovers would be cut in half if he wasn't being forced to play PG because you don't have one.

He can improve his long range shooting I won't disagree with that, but his midrange jumper is great.

Ball handling would be great for a 2 or 3 which is what he should be playing anyway.

I want to know what your definition of great is if 20/9/6 at 52 FG% isn't great.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:43 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

And even with those supposed deficiencies, he averages 20/9/6 for a top team in the country that plays in a high level league.

Is he perfect? Of course not. But look at how good he is even with flaws. If he can correct any of them, which he could easily do, he could be incredible.

Look at how good he is + his potential to grow. That's why people are excited over the guy.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:55 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Could Ohio State's interior defense be any worse right now? I want to know how many points in the paint Tennessee has.