Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-06-2010, 11:02 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oliver Prunell leaves Clemson for Depaul, 7 year deal. And the Ivy coach Steve Donahue expected to take the BC job.
Go Amare.
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Duke will be pretty solid next year given what they have coming in and what I expect to come back. Repeating is next to impossible anymore but I actually might like their team more next year than this year.
History pretty much shows you dont go from a title then lose 4 key players (Sheyer, Thomas, zoubek, most likely Singler) then come back and do it all over the next year. Butler looks to be capable of a deep run again next year if Hayward comes back.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:42 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd think Nolan will be more likely to leave than Singler, but it'd be in both of their best interests to come back.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:47 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
History pretty much shows you dont go from a title then lose 4 key players (Sheyer, Thomas, zoubek, most likely Singler) then come back and do it all over the next year. Butler looks to be capable of a deep run again next year if Hayward comes back.
Duke can still potentially be a final four team. The Plumlees are both great rebounders and Ryan kelly will get alot more pt. Scheyers replacement is the thing, but from what I saw from Kyrie Irving he could be that guy. But as coack k usually does, I think Andre Dawkins will be the one to step up in that role. Obviously if Singler leaves it is a different story, Smith is back and can run point though which is good for them.
Go Amare.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:39 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lots of proud/depressed people here in Indy. I don't really believe in moral victories, but Butler had a good run.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Lots of proud/depressed people here in Indy. I don't really believe in moral victories, but Butler had a good run.
I thought going in Hayward needed to assert himself and get at least 20. I guess in hindsight all he needed was 15.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 05:04 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Duke can still potentially be a final four team. The Plumlees are both great rebounders and Ryan kelly will get alot more pt. Scheyers replacement is the thing, but from what I saw from Kyrie Irving he could be that guy. But as coack k usually does, I think Andre Dawkins will be the one to step up in that role. Obviously if Singler leaves it is a different story, Smith is back and can run point though which is good for them.
Nolan has already said he's coming back?

But don't forget that Seth Curry has actually had a year in the system. He could be fully capable of running the point. Really, his abilities mirror Scheyer's a lot in the way Irving does to Smith.

I think it'll be up to Ryan Kelly to step into a Zoubek-esque role though. Miles at least seems to be a bit too soft to be that banger down low, and I don't really think Mason's skill set lends himself to being that guy either.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:00 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just in case you needed more reason to believe that women suck at sports the score of the national championship game is 12-5 with 7 minutes left in the half.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:06 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post

But don't forget that Seth Curry has actually had a year in the system. He could be fully capable of running the point. Really, his abilities mirror Scheyer's a lot in the way Irving does to Smith.

I think it'll be up to Ryan Kelly to step into a Zoubek-esque role though. Miles at least seems to be a bit too soft to be that banger down low, and I don't really think Mason's skill set lends himself to being that guy either.
Yeah on sportscenter they said he said he'll be back after the game. Nolan will have that leader role that Scheyer, Zou and Lance kind of had. Love Curry, got the bloodlines to be a scorer but his game is pretty well rounded at his age. They can contend with what they got just like we could have of this year off talent alone. And I do believe both Plumlees and Kelly can make up what Zou did but they might want to take it inside themselves instead of kicking it out for 3's.
Go Amare.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:07 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Cory Joseph to commit already. It'll be shocking if he comes here to me but I'm still hopeful right now, I just want him to end it quickly instead of drawing this out and making me think there's a chance he ends up here. Still think Texas is a heavy favorite along with Minny although some people think UNLV has more of a shot than it would seem.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:08 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
I want Cory Joseph to commit already. It'll be shocking if he comes here to me but I'm still hopeful right now, I just want him to end it quickly instead of drawing this out and making me think there's a chance he ends up here. Still think Texas is a heavy favorite along with Minny although some people think UNLV has more of a shot than it would seem.

I'm starting to like our chances more and more. Obviously his brother plays here but also he's really good friends with Mo Walker who is basically ready to commit here.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Just in case you needed more reason to believe that women suck at sports the score of the national championship game is 12-5 with 7 minutes left in the half.
Stanford is up on UCONN now 20-12 at half. Cheapest ticket to that game? $300.00 according to Brian Kenny on ESPN Radio.

Yawwwnnnn.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:42 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Kelly is nothing like Zoubek. As a matter of fact, he's almost a replica of Singler.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:07 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
Kelly is nothing like Zoubek. As a matter of fact, he's almost a replica of Singler.
Well, none of the Bigs we have or are having come in are anything like Zoubek. I just meant that maybe he could offer the grit and toughness part, since I really haven't seen enough of him to decide, whereas I'm pretty sure the Plumlee's kind of lack in that department.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:48 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Blue Devis won the NC, and thi thread is on page 666.

Just sayin.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:50 PM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its alright though, because the lady huskies winning again absolves all sins

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:57 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, none of the Bigs we have or are having come in are anything like Zoubek. I just meant that maybe he could offer the grit and toughness part, since I really haven't seen enough of him to decide, whereas I'm pretty sure the Plumlee's kind of lack in that department.
Kelly doesn't have the physical presence/strength to be a gritty/tough post player like Zoubek. In fact, the reason he didn't play this year was because Coach K and company wanted him to add another 15+ pounds. He'll be a stud for Duke when he starts to get playing time and finds a groove, though. Duke's probably best off looking for the Plumlees to be post bullies, even though they're soft now. Keep in mind Mason is a freshman, and Miles only played seven minutes per game last season.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:07 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gilvydas Biruta, 2010 Rutgers commit, has asked out of his LOI. He was a former Terps recruit. I wouldnt mind seeing Gary try and get back in the picture now.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:32 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Paul Carter is transferring from Minnesota to move closer to home and his sister, who was diagnosed with cancer within the past year.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:35 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Paul Carter is transferring from Minnesota to move closer to home and his sister, who was diagnosed with cancer within the past year.

Well that sucks, wish him and his family the best though. I've always liked him, plays with a lot of energy and is a great athlete and rebounder.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:06 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lance Stephenson is going pro....wrong decision on my part. Plus he has hired an agent.

Xavier Henry has also declared.

Last edited by JRTPlaya21 : 04-07-2010 at 02:09 PM.
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
Lance Stephenson is going pro....wrong decision on my part. Plus he has hired an agent.

Xavier Henry has also declared.
He has a daughter to support so Im guessing that's the reason because he ain't ready to play in the NBA yet.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:05 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
He has a daughter to support so Im guessing that's the reason because he ain't ready to play in the NBA yet.
Yup that was exactly what I read in one of the articles. Once Lance improves his jumper and plays his natural position I think he will make a fine pro.
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:02 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
So you mean to tell me 'Born Ready' wasn't born ready?

5 UK players declare for the draft, I doubt Bledsoe/Orton sign an agent till after the deadline if they go.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:00 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
So you mean to tell me 'Born Ready' wasn't born ready?

5 UK players declare for the draft, I doubt Bledsoe/Orton sign an agent till after the deadline if they go.
I hope they stay in. Makes UF's chances of winning the SEC look a hell of a lot better next year. And if all goes well, and guys stay, Florida's 2011 lineup will just be stupid. Walker/Rivers, Boynton/Beal, Young. Damn.