Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-18-2010, 11:49 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We get no big men whatsoever and unathletic white guys who arent scorers or really anything else for that matter.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:51 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Peefs????? View Post
We get no big men whatsoever and unathletic white guys who arent scorers or really anything else for that matter.
This is true, things could be worse. I just don't get how we fell off the map after those back-to-back championships.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:59 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Chandler (#10 overall player in 2011, Center) breaks his verbal from UL and is rumored to be big on UK. If Teague commits to UK on Thursday this is going to get insane, without Teague it could still be ridiculous.

If I had to guess, I'd say the most likely big man to come to UK this year will be CJ Leslie. Canceled his visit to UF and will decide soon.

And I definitely can't believe how UF fell after the titles, I thought Billy D would have a recruiting machine. Went to soft, euro type players down low.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:57 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Michael Chandler (#10 overall player in 2011, Center) breaks his verbal from UL and is rumored to be big on UK. If Teague commits to UK on Thursday this is going to get insane, without Teague it could still be ridiculous.

If I had to guess, I'd say the most likely big man to come to UK this year will be CJ Leslie. Canceled his visit to UF and will decide soon.

And I definitely can't believe how UF fell after the titles, I thought Billy D would have a recruiting machine. Went to soft, euro type players down low.
Geez, you can add LeBryan Nash to the list as well (#5 overall in 2011, forward): Baylor, Kentucky, Oklahoma State, Texas, UCLA, and Villanova. I think until players don't have immediate success at Kentucky as one and dones, Cal's going to just get whoever he wants out of those prospects. That's #2, #3, #5, #9, and #10 on Rivals in 2011 considering Kentucky and #1 committed there. Too bad Jay Wright likes similar players in his system lol.
derza222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:35 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Singler back for his Senior year!!! Hello preseason #1 and potential repeat!!
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:10 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I know, it's so ridiculous. And he still hasn't learned. Noah and Horford were great, physical big men who rebounded and could score, Brewer was a fantastic slasher, Humphries was deadly from 3, and Green was a fine PG.

He's gone so far away from that model that I don't know what's going on now. I don't think we should keep him around much longer. He's a great recruiter - he gets good guys every year, but they don't fit in well.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:42 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a fan of the SEC it's been frustrating to watch these last few UF teams. Horford/Noah/Brewer brought that tough/cocky part to the game that made them what they were. It's like he went to the complete opposite afterward.

I will always contend that Duke was overrated this year and got a gift path to the finals (they still took care of business so I can't fault them for that)... However with Singler back they should be really strong next year and the preseason #1. You add Irving and Seth Curry, Zoubek wasn't that good so they won't lose much down low. Their guard play will be top notch.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:48 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=5115934

Singler is back :)

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:00 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Teague is announcing tomorrow... Louisville has the relationships to their advantage (Pitino coached his dad and uncle, also hired one of his HS coaches onto the staff and Pitino's extension was likely to encourage the 2011 class) while UK has the actual playing advantages.

It would be a huge blow to UL if he doesn't go there as their 2011 class would go from potentially great to losing out on two top 10 players.

Usually I have a pretty good hunch on these things but I really have no idea, there are people claiming he's leaning both ways.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:45 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tiny Gallon is going pro...
Old 04-21-2010, 02:58 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Zach Peters (2012 PF) just committed to Kansas

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:26 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I will always contend that Duke was overrated this year and got a gift path to the finals
Tell me about it. Saints were overrated last season too. Same with the Yankees and Alabama. I can't believe anyone ever bought into the hype.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:33 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's the luck of the draw. The NCAA tourny is who can move on with the matchup they are given. If you change a seed here and there, Kansas could have won the tournament. That's what I love about the Tourny, it's unpredictable and many times the best team in the country doesn't win. Duke couldn't control Kentucky choking up against WVU or Kansas flubbing abainst Northern Iowa. For example if they did a small tournament with the top 10 teams in the country, I guarantee Duke doesn't win that.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:13 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Duke took care of business, that is obvious, at no point did I say otherwise. But I suppose Butler is also the 2nd best team in the country by that line of thought. It's not like I'm saying they weren't good.

They will be really good this year, won't need a good draw to make noise. I still think a team built big inside will give them troubles but their guard play will likely be the best in the country.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:33 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[homer]

I still think despite losing Scottie Reynolds my Villanova Wildcats should be in the conversation for best guard play in the country. Fisher is very good all-around, Stokes can shoot it from deep with the best, and Cheek and Wayns should take major steps forward next year. Cheek's a great defensive player and has a really nice handle for a bigger 2 guard and Wayns was incredible in limited minutes. Those are 4 guards that would be playing significant minutes on any team in the country. If Cory Joseph commits the situation gets even better, I still think he's Texas bound but 'Nova has a shot, and he's an incredible player.

[/homer]
Old 04-21-2010, 04:35 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bleh Stokes is wildly inconsistent and his inability to create for himself hurts him bad. He'll have just as many 5 point games as 15 point games. Also Cheek is too green offensively at this point.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:20 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

A big time UK recruiting guy is claiming Teague to UK with certainty, I wet myself. Now if he announces UL I'll be 10x more disappointed.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:28 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Florida has been reeling in commitments, including Will Yeguete, Cody Larson, and most likely Scottie Wilbekin.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:27 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

Quote:
A big time UK recruiting guy is claiming Teague to UK with certainty, I wet myself. Now if he announces UL I'll be 10x more disappointed.
Oh to be a Kentucky fan...lol.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:39 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Bleh Stokes is wildly inconsistent and his inability to create for himself hurts him bad. He'll have just as many 5 point games as 15 point games. Also Cheek is too green offensively at this point.
Stokes is inconsistent but he doesn't really have to create for himself within the system. Streaky but still shoots a great percentage because when he's on from deep he's tough to stop, also a very good player defensively. Cheek's also a great defensive guy and offensively I think he takes a major step forward next year with some more consistency and increased play time as a soph. In terms of skill set he's either the whole package or close to it - can shoot, create for himself, and finish.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:51 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
Oh to be a Kentucky fan...lol.
haha you can have the actual 2010 championship... I'll take the 2012 on paper championship! I will be in New Orleans for the 2012 SEC Championship!

Tony Wroten posted on his twitter that he spoke to Teague and UK it is, WOOHOOO!

Really though, these are (potentially) two HUGE pieces to what could be the greatest recruiting class of all time.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:25 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
Florida has been reeling in commitments, including Will Yeguete, Cody Larson, and most likely Scottie Wilbekin.

Oh yeah? Well we got this guy!

yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:49 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
It's the luck of the draw. The NCAA tourny is who can move on with the matchup they are given. If you change a seed here and there, Kansas could have won the tournament. That's what I love about the Tourny, it's unpredictable and many times the best team in the country doesn't win. Duke couldn't control Kentucky choking up against WVU or Kansas flubbing abainst Northern Iowa. For example if they did a small tournament with the top 10 teams in the country, I guarantee Duke doesn't win that.
No team ANY year can control what other teams do in the tourney. They can only control their own game. Do you guys realize how absurd it sounds to say a team winning was the result of their match ups and others'? That could be said EVERY year for EVERY team then. Its ridiculous.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:25 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

Quote:
haha you can have the actual 2010 championship... I'll take the 2012 on paper championship! I will be in New Orleans for the 2012 SEC Championship!

Tony Wroten posted on his twitter that he spoke to Teague and UK it is, WOOHOOO!

Really though, these are (potentially) two HUGE pieces to what could be the greatest recruiting class of all time.
Yall should be fun to watch yet again :).
Old 04-22-2010, 11:22 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=5125307

A 68 team NCAA tourney....