Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-05-2010, 10:19 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

John Henson hit the 200 pound mark!

What a day.. now if you can add about 20 more I could be happy.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:41 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Ole Miss sophomore F Murphy Holloway transferred to Clemson to be closer to his family, he was out best big man last season by far. He is shorter that usual at about 6-6 or 6-7 235, but he is insanely strong and can jump through the roof. Great athlete just not as tall as you'd like, a huge loss for Ole Miss nonetheless. If Terrico White doesn't withdraw his name from the draft we are pretty ****** next year, Polynice left too.
Saw Holloway up close, he's an absolute tank. Sucks for Ole Miss, Kennedy can really coach too.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:31 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PF Luke Cothron commits to Auburn. offers from UK Tenn and UConn. solid pickup for barbee.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 12:02 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i didn't even know he decomitted from NC State. I like Cothron, has pretty mature game for his age.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 12:17 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=5159882

Gordon has to come bacccccccccccccccccck! Does he honestly not want another shot at Duke, without him I see Duke winning that game by 12-15.
I would love to see Hayward back in school for another year b/c he represents the Horizon League and their success is huge for the conference. I can't blame him though for going to the NBA b/c he seems to be a late lottery guy.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:37 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Wear twins are set to transfer..... fml.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/05/...-transfer.html
Go Amare.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:41 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saw John Calipari today at Home Depot in Lexington! I said hello to him! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 09:56 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
Saw John Calipari today at Home Depot in Lexington! I said hello to him! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!
Did you wet yourself? Then tell him if he ever went to the NBA you'd slit your wrists? That's exactly what I would've done... lol.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:07 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Did you wet yourself? Then tell him if he ever went to the NBA you'd slit your wrists? That's exactly what I would've done... lol.
Sad thing...there is not one ounce of lie in your statement....lol...He better not go to the NBA...I would have to burn Chicago down if he did. Chicago Fire of 2010!
Old 05-10-2010, 12:24 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Funny because as a Kentucky fan losing Cal would be pretty awful...and for me as a Bulls/'Nova fan Cal to Chicago could set off a pretty epic chain reaction of basketball moves. Probably wouldn't and won't happen, but I can dream.

Looks like the recruitment of Kadeem Jack is starting to heat up with UK and UNC getting involved...pretty wild how much more attention he's been getting after his season. It'll be interesting to see if either school can get him out of taking the prep year (if they want him for next year, perhaps getting him a year later has some appeal).
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:50 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Funny because as a Kentucky fan losing Cal would be pretty awful...and for me as a Bulls/'Nova fan Cal to Chicago could set off a pretty epic chain reaction of basketball moves. Probably wouldn't and won't happen, but I can dream.

Looks like the recruitment of Kadeem Jack is starting to heat up with UK and UNC getting involved...pretty wild how much more attention he's been getting after his season. It'll be interesting to see if either school can get him out of taking the prep year (if they want him for next year, perhaps getting him a year later has some appeal).
I really don't see him leaving UK. The man was purchasing a lawn mower...I wouldnt think you would be purchasing a lawn mower in Lexington when you were getting ready to move to Chicago. Also I didnt realize that Cal cut his own grass.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:08 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

We probably do need another interior player who can bang and from what I saw from Jack he could play a big role.

As of now we might have to play Barnes at PF and Graves who is 6'6. Other than that all we have is Henson and Zeller down low. Davis is a ******* tool. The twins left and I still don't know really why but it has something to do with being from California.
Go Amare.

Old 05-14-2010, 01:27 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

Harrison Barnes planning on staying for more than a year!

:Dhttp://www.wralsportsfan.com/unc/story/7602141/
Go Amare.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, sad news:

Quote:
Tobi Oyedeji, a high school senior and Texas A&M basketball recruit, died Sunday in Houston. According to the Houston Chronicle, Oyedeji was involved in a car accident just past 6:00 AM after attending prom. He was 18.
Oyedeji was a star basketball player at Bellaire High School and had signed to attend Texas A&M in the summer. An only child, the power forward was first-team All-Greater Houston during the most recent basketball season and was a top 100 recruit at Rivals.
According to MyFoxHouston, Oyedeji's car collided head-on with an SUV Sunday morning. The driver of that vehicle was killed at the scene. The cause of the crash has not yet been determined.

Texas A&M basketball coach Mark Turgeon issued a statement on Sunday:
"The world has lost a great kid today. Tobi epitomized the term student-athlete. He was a very good student. He worked hard in the classrooms and on the basketball court and he was a terrific basketball player. This is difficult to understand and today is a very sad day. My heart aches for his mom and dad. Tobi was an only child and I would like everyone to pray for Tobi's parents."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_578107.html

His coach sent out some tweets too:

http://twitter.com/coachturgeon

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:52 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jones to UK officially. Signed Financial Aid agreement. Cal is gone him and Knight are as good as gone also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:09 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish there was some rule that even though a kid may not have signed anything that if a kid committs to a school coaches can't talk to that kid UNLESS that coach has been fired or takes another job
Old 05-20-2010, 11:19 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
I wish there was some rule that even though a kid may not have signed anything that if a kid committs to a school coaches can't talk to that kid UNLESS that coach has been fired or takes another job
Im pretty sure it was Jones who called the coaches he didn't verbal with after he verbaled with Washington. It was when he called Cal that he started to change his mind.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:54 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Jones called Calipari.... Don't see the issue in that, I suppose he shouldn't have answered? It's not like he had signed anything. He's even said it's possible he could sign financial papers with Washington too. Kid just can't make up his mind.

If he does stick it out with UK, I'm INCREDIBLY pumped again for next year. This team won't be as talented as last year but I think they're better fit for Calipari's system.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:00 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

Looks like we filled a vacancy down low...

Justin Knox gets his transfer to UNC instead of Georgia Tech :D

http://acc.blogs.starnewsonline.com/...coming-to-unc/
Go Amare.

Old 05-25-2010, 09:32 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=5219398

All I read is blah, blah, blah, blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.The mother of the Wears is truely clueless.

" UCLA is a great school, great program, great coach "

I am sorry, the program has been on the decline for at least 2 years, Howland isn't nearly as good of a coach as Roy and if anything the Wears got pretty good minutes and were going to get good minutes this year. UNC wants to win championships as a TEAM.. my guess is they want starter minutes. You won't be winning a national title at UCLA..
Go Amare.

Old 05-25-2010, 09:45 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Howland is one of the best X's and O's coaches in the game.

He's just been destroyed by players leaving early and it's not exactly easy to recruit given his style of play.

It was only a few years ago that UCLA went to 3 straight Final Fours, unbelievable given the parity in NCAAB today.

And I'm no UCLA fan given how their run in the 60's was a fraud.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:18 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Howland is one of the best X's and O's coaches in the game.

He's just been destroyed by players leaving early and it's not exactly easy to recruit given his style of play.

It was only a few years ago that UCLA went to 3 straight Final Fours, unbelievable given the parity in NCAAB today.

And I'm no UCLA fan given how their run in the 60's was a fraud.
Main point was you won't be winning a national championship at UCLA. Maybe a pac 10 title.............................................
Go Amare.

Old 05-26-2010, 02:48 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

You never know....

The Pump brothers scandal only brings to light how shady AAU basketball is but at the same time it's such a necessary evil for big time programs.

Coaches (Calipari included) want to move the recruitment back into the hands of HS coaches by ending summer recruiting but at the same time that screws over smaller programs... AAU tournaments really help mid level schools recruits.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:19 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Romery Osby is headed to OU.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 08:47 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

shocking: eric bledsoe/coach cal under ncaa investigation

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/29/sp...ecruit.html?hp

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote