Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-20-2011, 09:40 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docta View Post
What the **** are these refs doing? You can't call backcourt violation on an inbounds pass. How can all of those refs not know that?
If I saw correctly he should've let the ball go to the backcourt and then caught it...the way it happened it was like he started off in the frontcourt and then went to the backcourt, just happened very quickly.

Also, if Kansas wins this game it could be against their highest seeded opponent in regional play.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:51 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

haha kenny smith is talking and charles barkley starts tapping him on the arm and says they asking for a commercial that means shut the hell up! LOL
Old 03-20-2011, 10:09 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
The fact is Jay Bilas is an idiot. You can argue VCU didn't deserve to be in but he I am sure hasn't seen a single game from them all year and just talked out of his ass because an ACC team was shut out of the tourny. Worst of all now he is taking credit for lighting a flame under VCU. Then he goes on to show more ignorance by being sarcastic about how Drexel and JMU must be great teams since they beat VCU. I'm sure he doesn't know that JMU and Drexel are not srub teams and actually beat teams like Louisville and Princeton this year. I called it before the tourny that the CAA is extremely strong and deserved a 3rd bid either VCU or Drexel.
Bilas is one of the best basketball minds out there, but he shows way too much compassion for the major conference teams. That some big conference teams don't get in isn't a big deal. They didn't do what they needed to do to get in. I'd rather see the VCU's of the world in the tournament than the 8th place ACC team.

And I doubt that he hasn't seen at least a few games of VCU. That's a quality program, and has been for quite some time.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:14 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

also that "cant call timeout after 4 seconds" is not a rule.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 10:21 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy View Post
also that "cant call timeout after 4 seconds" is not a rule.
You are right.

Quote:
My earlier tweet was incorrect. A player can call a time out up until the ref counts to five. Rule changed several years ago. Apologies. about 2 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone
In that case...

***** away, Texas. You have every right. He was at 4.75 AT MOST when the kid called timeout...
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 10:26 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seeds remaining
1, 1, 1
2, 2, 2
3, 3
4, 4
11, 11

Pretty unusual for four 10+ seeds right?

Thanks to BK for the sig

Last edited by umphrey : 03-20-2011 at 10:29 PM.
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 10:33 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Seeds remaining
1, 1, 1
2, 2, 2
3, 3
4, 4
11, 11

Pretty unusual for five 10+ seeds right?

edit: I have 1 extra somewhere, looking for it
Absolutely.

I'm looking forward to a Duke-UConn regional final.

Assuming FSU holds on here, why not re-bracket? I had Texas and Pitt in my original Final Four, but no one can stop me from filling out a mini-bracket now!!!!!!

Ohio State over Kentucky
North Carolina over Marquette

Duke over Zona
UConn over SDST

Kansas over Richmond
FSU over VCU

Wisconsin over Butler
Florida over BYU

Ohio State over UNC
UCONN over Duke
Kansas over FSU
Wisconsin over Florida

tOSU over UCONN
Kansas over Wisconsin

tOSU over KU

Bleh. That's way more boring than I wanted it to be.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:37 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A couple hours ago I was kicking myself for not picking Notre Dame in the Elite 8. Now I remember why I didn't.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:38 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Richmond will pull a Northern Iowa and beat Kansas. I can feel it.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 10:40 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
A couple hours ago I was kicking myself for not picking Notre Dame in the Elite 8. Now I remember why I didn't.
I thought they were going far. What a crap fest tonight. That bracket has Kansas, VCU, Richmond and Florida State though so even though everyone screwed it up completely, 90% probably have Kansas in the final 4.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 03-20-2011, 10:44 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Absolutely.

I'm looking forward to a Duke-UConn regional final.

Assuming FSU holds on here, why not re-bracket? I had Texas and Pitt in my original Final Four, but no one can stop me from filling out a mini-bracket now!!!!!!
Elite 8
OSU
Marquette
Duke
SDSU
Kansas
Florida State
Wisconsin
Florida

Final 4
OSU
Duke
Kansas
Wisconsin

Championship
Duke over Kansas (my original pick)

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 03-20-2011, 10:45 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
I thought they were going far. What a crap fest tonight. That bracket has Kansas, VCU, Richmond and Florida State though so even though everyone screwed it up completely, 90% probably have Kansas in the final 4.
And very few had FSU, Richmond, or Florida State in the Sweet 16, so that whole region pretty much ends up as a wash.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My bracket is in the pooper now unless Butler can make it the final 4. That would be huge
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 10:46 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

I could absolutely see Marquette knocking off UNC.

I think the Florida - BYU game is going to be very good. I could see either of those teams going to the Final Four by beating Wisconsin.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How do you guys think Butler matches up with Wisconsin?
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 10:59 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rooooooooock chaaaaaaaaalk Jaaaaayyyyhaaaaawwwkkk.. K..... UUUUUUUUUUUUU!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 10:59 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
How do you guys think Butler matches up with Wisconsin?
I don't like their chances.

They started off unconscious against Pitt and Mack hit some INSANE shots down the stretch. If that game was five minutes longer, Pitt would have won easily. They escaped more than won. Credit excellent execution and great shooting, but I wouldn't count on Mack going for 30 again.

Wisconsin on the other hand beat a very athletic and physical team with Jordan Taylor shooting terribly. If he shoots better, I could see a double-digit win for the Badgers. They can shoot, defend, and they're tougher than given credit for.

Anything can happen, but I like Wisconsin to derail the Butler train fairly easily.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:00 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Rooooooooock chaaaaaaaaalk Jaaaaayyyyhaaaaawwwkkk.. K..... UUUUUUUUUUUUU!
QUOTED FOR TRUTH!!!!The Morris Twins >>>>>>>> You
Old 03-20-2011, 11:01 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

I find it funny that Kansas is so dominating and Josh Selby, who was supposed to be amazing, hasn't been much of a factor at all.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:04 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've never been a huge Selby fan, he's just going to be an average combo guard.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I find it funny that Kansas is so dominating and Josh Selby, who was supposed to be amazing, hasn't been much of a factor at all.
because the Morris Twins are the bomb yo
SMoore
Rookie

SMoore hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SMoore hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

FSU was my one of my big upset picks. Got them in the elite 8. Also had Richmond in the Sweet 16.

On the other hand I missed every single Sweet 16 team in the Southeast region. 6 of my elite 8 teams are still alive though.
SMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 11:05 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good, Choke Dame, good.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 11:07 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I've never been a huge Selby fan, he's just going to be an average combo guard.
His blatant BMore accent made him seem to me like an awesome character from The Wire so naturally I had high hopes for him.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:08 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how auburn beat florida state earlier this year... i have no clue.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote