Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-05-2013, 01:08 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph90702 View Post
Moser was an afterthought after he got injured.
Yet you repeatedly brought up how good he was looking when convincing yourself that UNLV was going to make a run.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:09 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
More final fours in the last twenty years than you, not that we're talking about Minnesota.
They've only been to one Final Four, yet they have played about sixty more seasons than UNLV. UNLV has four Final Four appearances, and they've only been in Division I college basketball since the 1969-70 season.
ph90702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:09 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yet you repeatedly brought up how good he was looking when convincing yourself that UNLV was going to make a run.
He's good when he's healthy and a feature player. He was neither this year.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
You big 10 fans are just scared for when I take over the Rutgers bball job and lead us to the final 4 for 20 straight seasons
Is Eddie Jordan getting the job?
Old 04-05-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They've only been to one Final Four, yet they have played about sixty more seasons than UNLV. UNLV has four Final Four appearances, and they've only been in Division I college basketball since the 1969-70 season.
What exactly has to be said to drill it into your head that we're talking about recent years?
Old 04-05-2013, 01:13 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
UNLV is looking scary good now. Mike Moser back to his old self. He's the healthiest he's been since dislocating his shoulder. They're starting to peak at the right time.
Quote:
That's what I thought. You'll be proven wrong in March. Mike Moser, Anthony Bennett, and Khem Birch will play very well in the tournament.
Quote:
UNLV will make it to the Final Four this year. They're peaking now. Mike Moser is getting healthier by the game.
He was clearly an afterthought to you this year.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is Eddie Jordan getting the job?
Hopefully. But we just idiotically fired our awesome AD so we need one of those first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:15 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jerry Tarkanian is going to the Hall of Fame!
Quote:
What exactly has to be said to drill it into your head that we're talking about recent years?
Also, which of those Final Fours didn't involve a team that was committing major violations?
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:18 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hopefully. But we just idiotically fired our awesome AD so we need one of those first.
You keep saying that your AD wanted to fire him immediately. Give us evidence if you want us to believe that. After the fact message board assertions don't count.

Also, he did have the power to fire him inspire of the president's wishes and he didn't.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Edit: Scotty was right.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."

Last edited by BallerT1215 : 04-05-2013 at 01:25 PM.
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
You keep saying that your AD wanted to fire him immediately. Give us evidence if you want us to believe that. After the fact message board assertions don't count.

Also, he did have the power to fire him inspire of the president's wishes and he didn't.
You are sooooo wrong. Also just for further proof when asked at the PC Barchi didn't deny anything of which is said in the below letter.

Quote:
Dear Dr. Barchi:

I write in confirmation of our conversation earlier today during which we agreed that it was in the best interests of Rutgers University that I step down from my position as Director of Intercollegiate Athletics. I do so reluctantly because I always have and always will love Rutgers. I want to thank the people who have supported me throughout my years as a student-athlete and Athletic Director and help them understand my reasoning in this situation.

My continued tenure as Athletic Director is no longer sustainable for the University which I attended and where a piece of me will always remain. In connection with the incidents involving former basketball Coach Mike Rice, as was the case with all other matters which I handled on behalf of the University, I always tried my best to do what is right. I have spent a great deal of time reflecting on the events which led to today. As you know, my first instincts when I saw the videotape of Coach Rice's behavior was to fire him immediately. However, Rutgers decided to follow a process involving university lawyers, human resources professionals, and outside counsel. Following review of the independent investigative report, the consensus was that university policy would not justify dismissal. I have admitted my role in, and regret for, that decision, and wish that I had the opportunity to go back and override it for the sake of everyone involved.

I trust that my tenure at Rutgers will not be judged by this one incident. I am proud of my efforts to lead Rutgers into the Big Ten, and of all of the accomplishments of our student-athletes in the classroom and on the field of play. I want to thank our great fans, the hardest working staff in collegiate athletics, and every one of our fine student-athletes. It has been my great pleasure to serve my alma mater.

Sincerely,

Tim Pernetti
Class of 1993

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Sorry Scotty but your AD had the ability to fire him when it was first brought to his attention.
On edit: Thanks.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Giantsfan1080 : 04-05-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:25 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.
Acknowledged above.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 04-05-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

Quote:
Also, which of those Final Fours didn't involve a team that was committing major violations?
None of their Final Four appearances were vacated.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
None of their Final Four appearances were vacated.
I just vacated my bowels.

I think everyone finds that more interesting than UNLV.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What has Minnesota ever won?
Nothing, that's why I don't talk about them incessantly like a jackass.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:41 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

Quote:
I just vacated my bowels.

I think everyone finds that more interesting than UNLV.
This is more exciting than your bowel movements.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjgPfFjPsio
Old 04-05-2013, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Amir Garrett is leaving St. John's to pursue a career in baseball. He's a southpaw who throws 96 mph in the Reds organization.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:26 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Amir Garrett is leaving St. John's to pursue a career in baseball. He's a southpaw who throws 96 mph in the Reds organization.
Smart move on his part. Everyone loves lefties in baseball.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-05-2013, 02:32 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
You aren't as good as they are?

But I'd also say that Iowa will likely never take that next step, because Iowa isn't exactly a basketball hotbed. We're talking about a program that hasn't even made the tournament in 7 years and hasn't made a Final Four since 1980.
Which is why I said we should challenge, not beat them out. If we finish in 6th again, unless we somehow go 12-6 and finish 6th, it will be a disappointment.

I don't think we were as good as any of the top 4 talent wise. Wisconsin will be the only one we are comparable to talent wise out of the top 5. On paper, we aren't a top 5 team. The goal for Iowa should be to crack the top 5, and compete with the top 4, obviously aiming to somehow break the top 4. With the team we are bringing back, combined with possible early draft entries from the other teams, there's no reason we shouldn't at least be competitive with those top teams. That's all I meant.

And just to add, Iowa not making the tournament in 7 years really has little to do with Iowa being Iowa and more having to do with Todd Lickliter. Iowa surprisingly produces a good amount of basketball talent, they just rarely all choose Iowa.

Last edited by iowatreat54 : 04-05-2013 at 02:35 PM.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:38 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Former top PG Rodney Purvis from NC State transfers to UCONN.. solid get for them if he gets minutes.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:15 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Smart move on his part. Everyone loves lefties in baseball.
They do in basketball as well.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:38 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Former top PG Rodney Purvis from NC State transfers to UCONN.. solid get for them if he gets minutes.
All of sudden NC State roster looks below average with the others gone to the NBA.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-05-2013, 06:53 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did TJ Warren transfer? I though I heard something about that and Tyler Lewis my as well..Anthony Barber must be pissed.. at the same time he gets a little more freedom.

They do have a pair of twins already committed in 2014... too.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Last edited by thenewfeature06 : 04-05-2013 at 07:02 PM.
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:51 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Warren is staying & so is Lewis.

#3 Duke Blue Devils (0-0)
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote