Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-29-2013, 08:40 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
hey. Mike Rice is innocent. He was framed.
Not based upon the tape.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:06 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Katin Reinhardt is headed to USC. Dumb move in my opinion. If he wants to play point guard, then he should have gone to a smaller school. Andy Enfield will recruit over him at the point guard position.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph90702 View Post
Katin Reinhardt is headed to USC. Dumb move in my opinion. If he wants to play point guard, then he should have gone to a smaller school. Andy Enfield will recruit over him at the point guard position.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:24 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
He wouldn't have fit in the full court press defense anyways. He's all about himself.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He wouldn't have fit in the full court press defense anyways. He's all about himself.
Staying salty I see? I was reading another article on Katin from another board, and guess who I see with high sodium levels in the comments?

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...s-again-to-usc

Quote:
ph90702
3 hours ago
Have fun playing in front of 3,000 people.

Figuring you probably use the same handle everywhere, I decided to google it and Katin to see what other butthurtedness I could find.

Lo and behold...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/autho...author=ph90702

I'll admit...I laughed, but you got some goddamn issues bruh bruh.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:13 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

Quote:
Staying salty I see? I was reading another article on Katin from another board, and guess who I see with high sodium levels in the comments?

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...s-again-to-usc

Figuring you probably use the same handle everywhere, I decided to google it and Katin to see what other butthurtedness I could find.

Lo and behold...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/autho...author=ph90702

I'll admit...I laughed, but you got some goddamn issues bruh bruh.
I use more handles than just this one. My issue with Katin Reinhardt is how he handled the situation. Back in March, a report in the LVRJ said that Reinhardt was considering a transfer. He called the reporter a liar, made the helium video saying that he wasn't transferring, said he was a Rebels for life, and then transfers two months later. If you're thinking about transferring, then be a man and admit it. As a result, UNLV is one scholarship short of the limit because he transferred so late in the process. Rice could have tried to land a fifth year senior.

Dave Rice asked everybody if they were committed to the team for next season. One of his teammates, Carlos Lopez-Sosa (fifth year senior), said that he didn't know whether he was going to stay or transfer and would have to weigh his options. He said that in front of the ENTIRE team. He weighed his options for about a week and then said he was 100% committed to the team for next season and that he wasn't going to transfer. Also, Mike Moser was upfront about his future and told Dave Rice that he was going to transfer in order to showcase himself better for the NBA. He didn't put fans through a circus show.

The bottom line is that you handle it like CLS and MM did and not the way Katin Reinhardt did.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:17 AM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

I find it hard to believe that I'm saying this, but I think Katin Reinhardt transferring from UNLV will help recruiting. He got hammered by the national media (Doug Gottlieb, Gary Parrish, etc.) for his dumb decision. All of the bashers (and rightfully so) mentioned how he was second in minutes and shot attempts as a true freshman as well as the freedom he had.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:01 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not based upon the tape.
tape was altered. Framed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:33 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I find it hard to believe that I'm saying this, but I think Katin Reinhardt transferring from UNLV will help recruiting. He got hammered by the national media (Doug Gottlieb, Gary Parrish, etc.) for his dumb decision. All of the bashers (and rightfully so) mentioned how he was second in minutes and shot attempts as a true freshman as well as the freedom he had.
I don't even know how to respond to this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
tape was altered. Framed.
I got your back, scotty! Although, you guys aren't doing us any favors by apparently hiring the first person that applied for your AD position without checking her background.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:36 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post

I got your back, scotty! Although, you guys aren't doing us any favors by apparently hiring the first person that applied for your AD position without checking her background.
I'm just using fun trolling to counter this unlv dude's super mega eye-bleeding homerism.

Our athletics are just spiraling downward. We're literally banking on Savon Huggins and Flood and football. But then that's just sabotaged by Gary Nova. THE DARK AGES ARE BACK BABY! WOO!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:49 AM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

Quote:
Recruits want offensive freedom. You're just mad because nobody wants to play in Iowa because there's nothing to do there.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .........
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Recruits want offensive freedom. You're just mad because nobody wants to play in Iowa because there's nothing to do there.
Well first, if you really think when someone sees a kid transferring from your school, and their first thought is, "Oh, it looks like he got to do whatever he wanted there, it must be awesome I want to go there," then I don't know what to tell you.

Second, I love my school (the state blows so I can't blame kids for not wanting to go there). We play in arguably the best conference in the nation, play an uptempo and attractive style on both ends of the floor, and have been significantly better lately than we were in the dark days. What do I have to be mad about?

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 05-31-2013, 11:47 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh burn, Iowa sucks along with the rest of the Upper Midwest. You were going to have to resort to that at some point with all the backpedaling you've had to do.

Iowa will have a more successful '13-'14 season than UNLV so there's that.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:48 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Also, this upcoming season Illinois travels to the desert to play UNLV. I don't know what I'm going to do for that game, hopefully they create a rule that teams can tie or if both are horribad they both get losses.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 05-31-2013, 12:19 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

Quote:
Also, this upcoming season Illinois travels to the desert to play UNLV. I don't know what I'm going to do for that game, hopefully they create a rule that teams can tie or if both are horribad they both get losses.
UNLV smoked them in Chicago two years ago.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:31 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scout is confirming that Wannah Bail has given a verbal to transfer to UCLA. Yes, you read that correctly, a guy who left Texas Tech after one semester is legitimately named Wannah Bail.

Doesn't seem like a game changer, but he's a super athletic PF and the Bruins can use both athleticism and depth in the frontcourt so he seems useful. I'm eligible to play right away and has 3 years of eligibility as well.

Last edited by pierce2walker : 05-31-2013 at 09:38 PM.
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:39 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would you name your child Wannah Bail?
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:41 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Why would you name your child Wannah Bail?
When I first heard about the transfer possibility a week or two ago I had to do some fairly extensive research to confirm that it wasn't a joke.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:59 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
Scout is confirming that Wannah Bail has given a verbal to transfer to UCLA. Yes, you read that correctly, a guy who left Texas Tech after one semester is legitimately named Wannah Bail.

Doesn't seem like a game changer, but he's a super athletic PF and the Bruins can use both athleticism and depth in the frontcourt so he seems useful. I'm eligible to play right away and has 3 years of eligibility as well.
That's a good get. However, Steve Alford can only get decent players after they transfer. He's originally from the Bahamas.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:17 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Seems like he really wanted to go to LA (I believe he visited or was planning to visit USC). Sorta glad he didn't choose USC, cause the bail jokes would be too much to put up with. Now I can make fun of bRuin fans instead.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:29 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Seems like he really wanted to go to LA (I believe he visited or was planning to visit USC). Sorta glad he didn't choose USC, cause the bail jokes would be too much to put up with. Now I can make fun of bRuin fans instead.
trOJan fans making those kind of jokes?

Old 06-01-2013, 03:21 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Quote:
trOJan fans making those kind of jokes?

The OJ digs never really bothered me, ****, I'd rock a retro OJ jersey if I had one.

You'll need to come up with something better, p2w.
Old 06-01-2013, 03:39 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

I typically just go for the classic U$C. Straight and to the point.

I'm sure I'll enjoy the Wannah Bail name as much you. It's just too good not to make a joke about it. After all, we are 818 brothers (I'm not in SFV though).

But of course its easy for me to be in a good mood about it when we got you guys in football AND basketball :D

I do think Enfield brings some potential with him. I don't like that. Please keep Lane Violation for as long as possible though. He's almost as good as Hackett.

Last edited by pierce2walker : 06-01-2013 at 04:01 AM.
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:09 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

Quote:
I typically just go for the classic U$C. Straight and to the point.

I'm sure I'll enjoy the Wannah Bail name as much you. It's just too good not to make a joke about it. After all, we are 818 brothers (I'm not in SFV though).

But of course its easy for me to be in a good mood about it when we got you guys in football AND basketball :D

I do think Enfield brings some potential with him. I don't like that. Please keep Lane Violation for as long as possible though. He's almost as good as Hackett.
We'll see if Enfield can actually coach a half court offense at USC. Florida dominated in the tournament when they figured out that they couldn't beat FGCU running up and down the floor.