Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-03-2013, 02:45 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ph has absolutely ruined this thread.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is always ignore.
Old 11-03-2013, 03:00 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every other post is just responding to the stupid things he says. I wonder if we can create another college basketball thread and ban him from it.

Old 11-03-2013, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Every other post is just responding to the stupid things he says. I wonder if we can create another college basketball thread and ban him from it.
If everyone just puts him on ignore nobody will respond to him and he will eventually go away.
Old 11-03-2013, 03:13 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread wouldn't be what it has turned into if you all didn't start bashing UNLV when I brought them up. Also, I might as well not even bring up west coast basketball because EastSPN acts like there's no such thing, and this thread has the same attitude. This thread should be renamed the "East Coast College Basketball Thread."
Old 11-03-2013, 03:15 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

We wouldn't bash them if you didn't bring them up literally ever other post. The problem is that you honestly don't see how annoying you are. I used to think you were a troll, but it's clear you're just an obnoxious homer.

I mean, seriously, do you think any of us actually care about UNLV one way or the other? Why would we? They don't matter enough to care about at this point.

For your sake I hope you aren't like this in your personal life.

Old 11-03-2013, 03:20 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
If everyone just puts him on ignore nobody will respond to him and he will eventually go away.

I don't even know that this is true. He has had 5 consecutive posts in this thread before with no one posting in between.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 04:06 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What if we created a separate "Official UNLV College Basketball Thread"? That way all the posters interested in that could focus their efforts in a place where it would be appreciated.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:20 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not all of my posts are about UNLV. I've been keeping you guys updated on who's committing where. For example, Trevon Bluiett committed to Xavier.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:29 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Nobody minds those posts. Honestly I don't think anyone would mind if you occasionally talked about UNLV (I post about the Gophers even though myself an yo are the only two that even give a **** at all).

It's just too much all the time. And to such a homeristic degree that you can expect to get made fun of.

Old 11-03-2013, 04:52 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't wait. I look forward to bring overrated as hell in the regular season then getting ousted in the sweet 16. Consistency baby

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:12 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Nobody minds those posts. Honestly I don't think anyone would mind if you occasionally talked about UNLV (I post about the Gophers even though myself an yo are the only two that even give a **** at all).

It's just too much all the time. And to such a homeristic degree that you can expect to get made fun of.
I care about the Gophers, man.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:19 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Boy wonder.

Old 11-08-2013, 12:06 AM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

Ben Carter and Dominic Artis have been suspended for nine games.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:38 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In case anyone has been living under a rock, the NCAA is a joke and continuing to prove so.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...-church-league

Incoming Colgate freshman has been denied a year of eligibility because upon returning home from his 2 year Mormon mission this summer, he played as a fill-in for a team in his church league for 3 games. The NCAA considers this an "unsanctioned" league with refs and scoring, so I guess that counts as his first year of eligibility.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
In case anyone has been living under a rock, the NCAA is a joke and continuing to prove so.

Incoming Colgate freshman has been denied a year of eligibility because upon returning home from his 2 year Mormon mission this summer, he played as a fill-in for a team in his church league for 3 games. The NCAA considers this an "unsanctioned" league with refs and scoring, so I guess that counts as his first year of eligibility.
NCAA is the worst.

I'm excited for the St. John's game tonight. I am cautiously optimistic about this season.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:58 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
NCAA is the worst.

I'm excited for the St. John's game tonight. I am cautiously optimistic about this season.
On the plus side, you guys don't have to play in the Kohl Center. Granted, playing in Sioux Falls will still have more Wisconsin fans but it won't be nearly as packed or hostile. It will be interesting to see if they are able to plug and play in the Bo system this year, or if they see significant drop off with the big men they lost.

Was it last year or the year before you guys had like all freshmen? I remember watching some of your games with the freshman and thinking if Lavin stays, they are going to be hell in 2-3 years.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 11-08-2013, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
On the plus side, you guys don't have to play in the Kohl Center. Granted, playing in Sioux Falls will still have more Wisconsin fans but it won't be nearly as packed or hostile. It will be interesting to see if they are able to plug and play in the Bo system this year, or if they see significant drop off with the big men they lost.

Was it last year or the year before you guys had like all freshmen? I remember watching some of your games with the freshman and thinking if Lavin stays, they are going to be hell in 2-3 years.
2 years ago was the all Frosh squad I think. If we had Harkless still, this team would be a massive pain in the ass. I still like it though....still have all of the athletic guys, but with Rysheed running the show, hopefully we will run a more competant offense and get more easy buckets. We haven't had a good true PG in God knows how long.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman
Titty sprinkles
ncst8fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:40 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

It's cool though, he didn't do something serious like play in a church league this summer. Otherwise, I'm sure the NCAA would have thrown the book at him/UNC.

On a serious note, my beloved start their march towards an undefeated national championship season tonight vs. the fighting Seahawks of UNC-Wilmington. Hopefully I can find a completely legal and socially accepted method of watching the game tonight, since ESPN3 apparently doesn't work for DirectTV customers using an iPad.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 11-08-2013, 02:05 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

This was one of the comments:

Quote:
I had the privilege of being this young man's Sunday School Teacher a few years ago. Wonderful young man on and off the court. The point of the rule is to not let players join leagues that help them improve prior to entering college. But there is also an exemption to let players play in leagues the summer between high school and college. He missed that window because of his 2 year mission, which he started within weeks of graduation, but otherwise this was the "summer before his Freshman year". Nathan's only problem was that he was TOO HONEST. Don't we want all our youth to be honest and forthcoming? When he got the questionnaire he answered yes because there were ref's and most of the teams had some form of loosely matching jerseys, even if he wore his old High School one during the three games spanning two nights. Imagine all of the athletes that would be punished if they were as honest as Nathan? Does the track star get penalized for running the local 5k charity run wearing his old high school track jersey? How is that any different? The spirit of the rule does not apply to him, I hope the NCAA does the right thing and restores his year of eligibility...
So the moral of this story: lie and make the NCAA find out for their god damned selves.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Church league counts ?

I'll be damned

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:26 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
Church league counts ?

I'll be damned
Only if there are paid refs (I'm assuming paid, but wouldn't shock me if volunteer refs counted as well), score is being "officially kept", and you have any sort of color matching on a single inch of every team member's "uniform". There's probably some other ridiculous rules, too.

I love the interpretation of the rule that says his playing doesn't qualify for exemption because his 2 year mission started right after high school. Like some how him not playing basketball for 2 years after high school negates the fact that it is still prior to him every playing a minute in college.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 11-08-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Only if there are paid refs (I'm assuming paid, but wouldn't shock me if volunteer refs counted as well), score is being "officially kept", and you have any sort of color matching on a single inch of every team member's "uniform". There's probably some other ridiculous rules, too.

I love the interpretation of the rule that says his playing doesn't qualify for exemption because his 2 year mission started right after high school. Like some how him not playing basketball for 2 years after high school negates the fact that it is still prior to him every playing a minute in college.
Mormon church leagues don't pay for refs. Everything is voluntary.

The NCAA is just a joke. We all know it.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:53 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This UCONN team is legit.

Kevin Ollie has quite the squad.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote