Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-23-2013, 08:57 AM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Iowa won pretty easily yesterday. Why Arkansas-Pine Bluff continued to play zone after giving up three pointer after three pointer is beyond me.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:55 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph90702 View Post
Iowa won pretty easily yesterday. Why Arkansas-Pine Bluff continued to play zone after giving up three pointer after three pointer is beyond me.
Probably because we are an awful 3 point shooting team. And let's face it, Arkansas-PB probably was dead set on playing zone leading up to the game and even if they did switch to man were not going to be very competitive either way.

Anyway, we're 11-2 headed into conference season. Probably should be 12-1 if we didn't choke vs. Iowa St. and could have been 13-0 if not for a big Nova comeback. But now we have 2 losses to good teams and really no good wins (Xavier and ND are our best). Need to really take care of business in the conference now and shoot for at least 11 wins. Sneakily big game to open the confernece season for us @Nebraska, hopefully we don't struggle or it'll be a long conference season.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 10:57 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Iowa is going be really solid in Big 10 play based on what I saw in the 'Nova game.

Notre Dame just lost Jerian Grant for the year, that's a big hit for them.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:00 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
I think Iowa is going be really solid in Big 10 play based on what I saw in the 'Nova game.

Notre Dame just lost Jerian Grant for the year, that's a big hit for them.
I hope so. The biggest thing is that we apparently still are struggling to close out games, which shouldn't be the case with the experience we have.

Our major on the court problems last year were 3 point shooting, free throw shooting, and closing out games. So far this year, 3 point shooting still sucks, free throw shooting is better but still sucks at the end of games, and we still can't close out games. If it starts happening early in Big Ten play, I'm going to be worried.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 12-23-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, if that's a trend that would be concerning. I saw a big team with a pretty good skill level when I watched them, but obviously consistent issues like that will burn you against solid teams. I left that game thinking 'Nova was lucky to win though and Iowa wins half the time if not more if they play 10 times.

I'm hoping this Villanova team continues to progress, the game against Syracuse this weekend will be a great test obviously. I love the team - they're tough, share the ball, and play bigger than they are. The lack of size/interior depth will likely come back to burn us though and I'm concerned that we won't develop as much over the course of the season as other teams. Overall intangibles and senior leadership seem to be really good on this squad though so hopefully they continue to improve upon their weaknesses.
Old 12-25-2013, 02:39 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope that Boise State wins tonight. I'm not counting on it, however. The one thing that I am optimistic about is that Iowa State can't overwhelm sizewise the way that Kentucky can. Iowa State is a pretty small team.
Old 12-25-2013, 03:06 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's about time. He doesn't deserve to play DI basketball.
LOL yeah he deserves to be in NBA.. at least we got Leslie back for some experience that we severely lack.

Any comparisons with PJ? A lot of people think he is just a puller but his freshman season I watched him take it to the hole a good amount.

I would say mid to late first?
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 08:52 AM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

This is a random question, but am I the only one who would like to see the number of automatic bids to the NCAA Tournament cut back to 16? Also, am I the only one who prefers 64 teams over 68?
Old 12-27-2013, 01:55 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

I don't think I'd like 16, but definitely 64 not 68. The play-in game was fun when it was the "last team in" but now it's dumb. Although, I was always a proponent that the play in game should be 2 at large teams and not 2 teams who auto qualified.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 12-27-2013, 02:23 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
I don't think I'd like 16, but definitely 64 not 68. The play-in game was fun when it was the "last team in" but now it's dumb. Although, I was always a proponent that the play in game should be 2 at large teams and not 2 teams who auto qualified.
I'm in the exact same boat.

As an aside, excited for the 'Nova-'Cuse game tomorrow. Hopefully it's a good one, I'd like to see a positive showing heading into conference play.

Think we've got a chance to match up well since 'Nova's been a good rebounding team and 'Cuse has struggled a bit on the glass out of the zone. We've got a few wing guys to throw on Fair and Cooney, Fair could cause issues for some of our smaller wings with his size but all of our wings play pretty big. Would love to get a couple of quick fouls on Tyler and press them, hopefully force some mistakes and not allow them to get into an offensive rhythm or just get the ball out of Ennis' hands since I don't think Cooney is really a ball handler. Like the fact that we've got a lot of scoring options against the zone too and a few guys who should be able to operate well from the FT line area that's great to attack a zone from.

If Cooney starts getting loose though or we can't defend Fair it should be a long afternoon. Think we'll have to keep Ennis or Chennault on Ennis too since he's probably going to be too quick for Arcidiacono. Hopefully we don't fall in love with the three too since things will get ugly in a hurry if they're not falling - particularly giving 'Cuse opportunities to get out and attack in transition. I know Boeheim is going to come into this with a solid gameplan too.
Old 12-27-2013, 05:43 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I absolutely agree with you guys on the 64. To me, even tho I watch the 8 teams on Tuesday and Wednesday, the tourney does not start til 11 a.m. Thursday after I call in sick.
Old 12-28-2013, 01:58 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Boy that was about as ugly a last 10 minutes of a half as you'll see a basketball team have for 'Nova. Played right into 'Cuse's hands.
Old 12-28-2013, 04:55 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who told Willie Caulie Stein that the sisqo look was a good look for him?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 06:42 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

Notre Dame sucks. They almost lost at home against Canisius.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:28 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

Southern University beat Champion Baptist College by 104 points. They started the game on a 44-0 run.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Southern University beat Champion Baptist College by 104 points. They started the game on a 44-0 run.
The first half boxscore

Also when you google the school, their website doesn't come up right now till like the second page. The first page is all links to news about this game.

Last edited by Jcn92 : 12-31-2013 at 12:09 AM.
Jcn92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 07:01 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why does Sportscenter continue to lionize noncompetitive blowouts of tiny Christian schools that don't really play sports?

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 07:22 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IU's Luke Fischer decided to transfer.

Strange decision in the middle of the season. Something must have happened.

I actually think he can develop into a pretty good player.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 08:01 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post

Come back home, Luke!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 08:47 AM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post

That's not surprising.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:53 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's not surprising.
Why do you say that?

With Vonleh most likely headed to NBA after the season, a lot of people were expecting Fischer to be the starter at Center next season.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 03:17 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We've seen ESPN slobber over guys in the past, but the way some of these commentators talk about Craft is borderline creepy. He's a pretty good player but let's all chill a little.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 04:47 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But his defense bro. Validictorian. Plus defense.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)

Last edited by BuckeyeDan17 : 12-31-2013 at 04:50 PM.
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 05:00 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

It's funny seeing Illini fans act like they just beat a top 10 team. I've read a few fans saying this win puts them firmly in the tournament at this point.

God, I hope we absolutely piss-pound the Huskers tonight. I'm really worried we come out flat and it's going to be a close game.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 12-31-2013, 10:13 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

Houston has upset Connecticut.